>passed over
>deserves respect
It's pretty explicit desu.

Betamax

He was named after pasta sauce.

He was weak

He broke Mikeys heart.

youtube.com/watch?v=DjUOBVAbGhQ

Why do people say the first is better than Part II again?

He was a moron

His bottom bitch Meryl Streep gave him cancer and he died a miserable wreck. Great run of movies in the 70's before that (Godfather, Deer Hunter, The Conversation, Dog Day Afternoon) so will always be thought of as a great.

He was dropped on his head as a baby. Repeatedly

It was Scarlet fever, boiled his brain a bit.

I TALKED TO BARZINI

Because it was.

>Brando
>Michael's descent into the business
>Five families
>The last 30 mins

II was a 10/10 yet Godfather I was better

Was Brando not being in the flashback at the end of Part II a flaw?

It would have ruined that whole scene.

Dead at the height of his career, before any potential JUST moments. What a way to go. Imagine if JLaw went out within the next year or so, it'd be sad but kinda like the same thing.

Why was he so perfect bros?

He was smaaht.

He assumed he would be put in charge. That was his mistake, power is meant to be taken.

Not dumb! Like everyone says!

Is this thread up because The Godfather and The Godfather Part II was on last night? I watched that till about 5 in the morning

t. Micheal Corleone

>Why do people say the first is better than Part II again?

That's just a meme, everybody knows 2 is better than 1.

>JLaw dies next year at her pinnacle
You mean 2 years ago?

Who is the current #1 Starlet? It can't still be JLaw

But Brando was originally suppose to be in that scene but couldn't make it because he was too busy stuffing his face with burger king whoppers Jack Nicholson kept throwing over his fence.

Has JLaw even been in a relevant movie since American Hustle?

>Michael came to resent even Hagen late in life
People really underestimate how far Michael fell

Yeah and it's great that he was too busy being a fat idiot to show up and shoot the scene. It made it all that better with Micheal alone being the turd he was in the first film when it came to his father, like so disrespectful to your father that you won't greet him on his birthday the rest of your family.

its obviously harley quinn

He was very, very smart, believe him.

I saw that actress last girl in a bubble bath in "The Big Short" and assumed from the namedropping and accent that she was already well known around Australia or NZ or whatever.

These pretty ones pop up once in a while, this one will sink back fast thanks to her provincial background. Trust me, I am an expert.

little dick.
loved jews.

i hate this meme

1 is superior you fucking cretin

Implying

youtube.com/watch?v=r-I4VIR5yGg

Unironically best film kiss ever?

strawpoll.me/11164973
strawpoll.me/11164973
strawpoll.me/11164973

Probably, only other one i can think of is the Muholland drive audition one

So is Micheal Corleone a villain? I'd say so. Sure he's a tragic hero in the first film but Part II that's all out the window there was an air of honor with his father but Micheal is bloodthirsty

He was a bit of a hypocrite. He wanted to "legitimise" the business just to keep the cash and power, never mind how that was achieved. It's not like it would had been that difficult to quit or go away and leave it to someone else.

>Mulholland Drive kiss
>not being blonde/brunette kiss
Pretty disappointed at you.

that godfather epic is on all the time, and I'm not complaining.

they have so much rewatch value

>Mulholland Drive audition kiss
That blew me away, I think I boned up a bit from it

But it would make sense if we at least saw him in order to connect the two story lines. It feels like how a fucking sitcom would compromise for an actor's absence.

I think quitting, stepping down as Don or even legitimizing the family business is out of the question so I can't take as part of the reason he's a villain.

He very slowly and methodically becomes evil, from good Army boy to wacking his last brother. I know it's not very mafia to forgive such a slight like what Fredo did but it does done as cold and soulless as the hit on Hyman Roth.

It's a Shakespearean fall from grace

I very much disagree user.

We can connect the two story lines because we have working brains. I don't know any sitcoms to be like that dinner scene, there's a lot going on there and leaving Micheal alone at the table like he is now is fab

He went through too much shit to just leave it behind.

he was passed over

he was smart, he could do things, he wasnt dumb, like everyone says, he was smart, and demanded respect

/thread

Michael sits alone at the table, everyone who loved him at the beginning of 1 is dead or gone. Doing this scene any differently would ruin it.

Because he wasn't Italian.

youtube.com/watch?v=3ziW0LdBzXw

he took care of 'mickey mouse clubs' and 'had to pick people up at the airport' and he was 'smart' and 'michael was his kid brother' and he 'was passed over'

That was his problem!

As for the actor, poor cunt had terminal bone cancer, whether or not he wanted to be passed over for that is debatable

my biggest problem with the godfather story was Michael was never 'a made guy' he just assumed top role of a family, this would never happen, they even say in the film he 'is a civilian'

This is embarrassing. Delete this.

Maybe a Don's son has special privilege?

I think if you're born into the family you wouldn't need to be 'made' when you were made from Don Vitos seed.

Michael is completely vile and just gets worse as time goes on.

And in the end he's STILL much more honrable and reasonable than real life mob bosses.

Why did the bullying of tom feel worse than the murder of Fredo? It's like worst thing Micheal did.

youtu.be/5Weaop_aiTg

Chills

>assumes top role of corleone family
>last name is corleone

put another pot of coffee on, we're gonna be up all night trying to crack this one

That was so funny I accidentally woke myself up.