Dad rock legends

How many rock icons did you see live ?

I've seen Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Lou Reed, Paul McCartney, The Who and Brian Wilson

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jM7RcgZ1pLE
youtu.be/BHFFuukk9Y8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What about the stones?

The Rolling Stones, The Pretenders, Bob Dylan twice, Willie Nelson, The Who, Patti Smith, and B.B. King

Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Brian Wilson, Roger Waters, Phil Collins, Bob Dylan, Carlos Santana, Johnny Winter, Neil Young, Iggy Pop

I wanted to see them this year in october but I coudnt afford to buy a tickt, and it makes me really sad

I say the Pretenders only because they opened for the Stones. Honestly I don't really consider them rock icons, and kinda meh overall.

Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, The Who, Brian Wilson, Rodger Waters, The Rolling Stones, The Eagles, Chicago, Eric Clapton

I've seen King Crimson at their original lineup.

Haven't seen any world renowned dadcore but i did go and see "Dragon" with my friends last year which is iconic NZ/AUS dadcore, you might recognize these songs

youtu.be/jM7RcgZ1pLE

youtu.be/BHFFuukk9Y8

It was a fucking blast, was set in a hall and was pretty intimate and the crowd was mostly filled with oldies sipping wine reminiscing so we were able to get to the front really easy. We were pretty smashed and we were dancing and singing along to all the songs and the lead singer Todd Hunter noticed and was always looking down and smiling and nodding in approval, i think he saw something in us lol. The night finished with "Rain"and we were shouting the lyrics, and he was pointing and singing to us and reaching out and so were we, it was fucking great.

Dragon went hard back in the day, half the band died of heroin overdoses lol but they're pretty iconic in NZ. Was a great experience.

Van Halen (with DLR)
The Who
Page and Plant
Allman Brothers Band
Willie Nelson
Steve Miller
Journey
Billy Squier
Queen
ZZ Top
Eric Clapton
Pink Floyd
Bob Dylan
Grateful Dead
Tom Petty
Rush
Al Di Meola
Steve Vai
Pat Metheny
Govt Mule (?)
Black Crowes
Prolly others I have forgotten...im an old fag

...totally forgot my metal years :)

Also saw- Maiden, Priest, AC/DC, Metallica, Sabbath, Ted Nugent,

...and how could I forget my very first concert- Styx (was 10yrs old and 8th row seats and they rocked harder than I thought...totally turned me on to live music.)

I saw Paul McCartney twice, also Roger Waters. Planning on watching Dick Dale before he dies, gonna watch The Who later this year.

Ones i've seen that havent been mentioned are Cheap Trick, The Cars, Jimmy Page, ACDC.

>Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Lou Reed, Paul McCartney, The Who and Brian Wilson
Yeah in the 2010s kek

Stones, Neil Young, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Beach Boys, Lou Reed

Oh yeah Guns n Roses, Aerosmith.

for ones that began pre-80s just Dylan and Blue Oyster Cult, although BOC was pretty sad to me with only 2/5 of the lineup

ive just seen rush twice and cheap trick once

Oldfag here I saw Elvis in his prime.

>Springsteen
>Genesis
>Neil Young
>The Who
>The Grateful Dead
>Dave Mason
>Sammy Hagar
>BB King

I've seen Neutral Milk Hotel, Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins, Flaming Lips, Wilco, Modest Mouse

Saw Bob Dylan a handful of years ago. Horrible show

Which ones are the dadrock legends?

Which ones aren't?

You wont answer I guess.

But I did answer.

Are you?

You wont answer I guess.

These arent even dad rock.

How so?

nick cave

Bryan Adams was the most spiritual dad rock ritual I've ever experienced. 2 hours of pure dad rock and I absolutely loved

By definition

Not yet.....

Oh, music listened to by dads?

Those are all 90s bands whose fanbase are having kids now. They are all certainly dadrock

I saw Cheap Trick at my towns October fest back in 98'. Free show and they sounded great, played all the hits.
Anyone else catch any dad rock at free festivals?

Dadrock is a style of rock music.

Good god you sound like a fucking retard.

[citation needed]
Sounds like you are upset your favorite bands are dadrock. How's it feel?

magma, lydia lunch and psychic tv

>Van Halen (David Lee Roth)
>Steely Dan
>ZZ Top
>Elvis Costello

Steely Dan was so fucking fun, they played outdoors on this big sloped field, and this really really drunk dad next to us kept stumbling and falling on top of this other dad's wife. They threw a few punches and both got thrown out

Black Sabbath

>McCartney
>Wilson
Faul still has it but Wilson is garbage, backup band was great though

Queen

Is that what dadrock is, any music that a dad might've listened to? I never understood the term.

I've seen Sting, Whalers, Muse, Jack Johnson, and Dave Matthews live

Not really "dad rock", but I saw Bowie live with NIN in 1995. It was one of the worst shows I've ever been to.