Is there any good Stephen King material that hasn't been turned into a movie/mini-series yet?

Is there any good Stephen King material that hasn't been turned into a movie/mini-series yet?

probably a few short stories from Nightmares and Dreamscapes

The Long Walk is one of the Bachman short stories. It's one of the best things he's ever written.

>Is there any good Stephen King material
Not really.

The one where a family gets pulled over by cops and some coal miner devil penetrates the people..which one is that one?
It had a little boy and a shitbag hero who died to save them

Desperation. It was adapted with Ron Perlman.

They Have a Hell of a Band could be good, if they get decent celebrity impersonators (and can afford the rights).

Ah yea, that was it.
Im going to have to look it up, thanks bruv

His story about a space drider eating little kids while dressing as a clown was a pretty good movie.

The Long Walk (under the Bachman pseudonym)

I'd love to see somebody try!

>any good Stephen King material

Seconding this, or an actual adaptation of The Running Man.

>12 year old characters celebrate the defeat of an interdimensional horror by running a train on the only female in the group
>YOU have the problem if you question this

It's too bad we'll never see the sister book The Regulators adapted. I think it's just a little too weird for anyone to want to do it.

I don't know if it's good but that recent book about the kid who worked at a carnival that was "haunted" was pretty good.

I forget the title but it had a really cheesy 80s looking cover on it. good book imo.

>What is symbolism?

It was a drider not a horror.

This is the one I'm taking about, it could make a good mini series on Netflix or AMC.

>Is there any good Stephen King material
no, except for the shining, everything he's written is shit

keep in mind king is a true hippy trippy 60s dude
pure love saves the day, etc

There's no good Stephen King material in general

how anyone who isn't a teenage girl enjoys his trash is beyond me

>main character commits suicide by crashing a plane into a skyscraper while the cameras are rolling

Not in this lifetime.

Yeah that's a fair point.

does Sup Forums even read? I mean legit books not PDF's you downloaded onto your e-reader.

Why does using an e-reader not count as reading?

That one where the woman gets handcuffed to a bed for BDSM shit and then her husband has a heart attack so she gets stuck there. I'm pretty sure that's never been adapted.

man who does /lit/ hate more Stephen King or Haruki Murakami?

Bachman books were written when king was young and edgy.

The long walk is best of said books and has been free from a shitty adaptation.

because you aren't turning pages made out of paper in the form of a rectangle that's also made of paper and or wood.

GRRM?

>Tfw Dean Koontz is a great writer with phenomenal pacing and doesnt string character introspection over 30 pages
>Plebs think he is a discount Stephen King
>They havent read Odd thomas or From the Corner of his eye

Makes me mad

Go to bed Dean.

One of my favorite books was a fairy tale styled fantasy books. I think it was called Through the Dragons eyes or something, been a while.

You get to see the walking man when he was still Merlin, and it was pretty good.

Not like his usual books - kind of a story that Roland eould have told in the eye through the keyhole

>One of the most powerful beings ever
>Has been alive for almost forever
>Eaten by a baby spider

Fuck you King.

geralds game. That book rocked. The twist at the end where she attends the hearing of the graverobber and he mocks her at the stand fucked me up, had to put the book down for a bit. I don't think it would work as a movie though. its hundreds of pages of a character hallucinating.

>defending the man who wrote Velocity

Better question: which Stephen King books were actually written by Stephen King?

>Flagg
>one of the most powerful ever
memes. He's just a man with magic, stand retcon withstanding.

All of them.

This is not a Patterson situation.

Baby drider

This. Needful things proves he is just a memester

>Mordred exists in Arthurian lore
>Mordred mortally wounds and is killed by Arthur
>Roland is a descendant of Arthur

What I'm trying to say is should out to the real MC my boy OY

The Long Walk is garbage.

>T. Stebbins

Godammit user, that's not Flagg.

You're garbage.

Isn't it?

He's a demon fuccboi who likes to stir the pot

Why do they hate Murakami exactly? Don't frequent that board

Drider

He's a meme author, basically like their version of Refn.

A "shit" and "pretentious" author etc.

Mrs. Todd's Shortcut is my favorite short story of his and I'm pretty sure they haven't filmed it. It's also very different from much of the stuff he has written.

I have a copy of Odd Thomas on my entry lvl pleb book shelf. Should I just go ahead and read it?

Yeah, it's a quick read and really good. Some forced quirk here and there but the main elements are solid.

I would be genuinely excited if the duffer brothers got to adapt this.

Patrician version of the Dark Tower

I've read From the Corner of His Eye and can confirm if that's one of Koontz' best novels that Stephen King is way better than Koontz.

I know they made a movie with Anton in it. I might check that out too, considering he's dead and all. Probably a bad adaption like most films are.

since this is /lit/ related are there any more books like John Dies At The End? Film was meh but that book was solid.

I bet you love Clive Barker and are just as pretentious

The movie made me read the sequels, and despite not reading it Odd Thomas seems like a great adaptation.

also has anyone read Library at Mount Char?

Would make an interesting movie/show if done right.

He was confirmed as having ghostwriters. In the last decade at least, King comes up with the basic framing and the rest is all understudies

>any good Stephen King material

>He was confirmed

Lets see that confirmation then you lying fuckstick.

Kys urself

Go back to your Leafy videos, kid. The adults are speaking.

12 yr old gangbangs? That shit was in the original story? wtf

Dead Zone was the best King book

This and Revival are the last two of his books I've read, and both were really underwhelming.

>dude
>the car wants to kill people lmao
>dude
>the mansion wants the kid's psychic powers
>dude
>the clown is an intergalatic spider kill it with your inhaler

fuck stephen hawking

The_Dark_Tower_Books_1-8_(epub_mobi_pdf)

There's this torrent on TPB, and I downloaded it, but the PDFs seem a little short. Well, A LOT short. Can anyone with the paper copies look at them and tell me if they are full length? Or maybe the PDF formatting really did take that much off?

There is no good King material...

>ywn see a George Romero circa 1984 version of The Running Man starring Roy Scheider as Ben Richards
please god if you cannot take me to that universe then strike me down

The Long Walk.

So fucking over due. A simple but really really good story.

Fucking Faggot I will dance on your grave! DANCE ON YOUR GRAVE!

i had the first book sitting around but never read it. it seemed pretty short, maybe 200 pages.

I'm actually surprised nobody has bothered to adapt it yet. They'll probably fuck it up.

I mean, if you read The Shining Stanley Kubrick really fucked it up.

So hopefully they'll fuck it up.

I am drawing a blank but the guy who did Shawkshank and The Green Mile bought the rights to it and will do it "someday" he says.

How about now I say back to him.

They did adapt it, it's called The Hunger Games.