Which actor, based on his face alone, would you cast as Joker?

Which actor, based on his face alone, would you cast as Joker?

paul dano

Dafoe.

Willem Dafoe

/thrad

Willem dafoe

That dumb bitch who played skyler.

Idris Elba

Jessica Chastain

Eva Green

Tilda

I luv this meme upboated!

courteney cox

Troy Baker

Chris Pine. Dude was creepy as fuck in Stretch, he would've been a better choice than Leto.

She could be a good fem Joker

Micheal Cera

Adrian Brody

Willem Dafoe is the only right answer. No CGI or much makeup needed.

But from that picture maybe a younger Christopher Lee going more for a Conrad Veidt thing. And more serious than Cesar Romero's Joker.

theres something kind of off about this guy, i think he would have been a good joker

Was I the only one that unironically enjoyed crime-lord leto joker?

Michael cera is more like a venom

Too old now sadly but Brad Dourif would have been great. I mean Chucky is basically just a doll version of Joker anyways.

The only correct answer

Uh, hello, Jared Leto?

This is a good pick, because only his face tells us he's the Joker. Fucking nothing else.

I doubt he'd do it, but if there's one actor alive that could do it correctly and make it worth watching, it's him.

Drew Russell

No I thought he was pretty much on par. This will get hated by Reddits but I thought he was above Nicholson and Ledger and below Hamill and Romero's portrayal.

He was good even if he seemed like a bad Marilyn Manson impression. But that's MM's fault for ripping off Joker b4.

Also DCU Joker is too much influenced by modern Alan Moore, Grant Morrison and Brian Azzarello but oh well, can't be helped.

Too old.

>but I thought he was above Nicholson and Ledger and below Hamill and Romero's portrayal.

Nice safe answer, fuckley.

No he was awesome. Having a blast, being insane, intimidating, over the top shit. Brought fun back to the role.

He is a fucking psychopath in real life.
Doesn't he do tours to show his movies that he made with an all mentally retarded cast? That's real, not even memeing

Yes and he shows his retard kino to a select audience in LA once in a while. After Willard, BTTF and Hellsing he will never do anything mainstream again.

I bumped into him once at a festival.Like looking into the eyes of the abyss.

the Baby one

D.D.Lewis

what were the joker comics like? Was he treated like a hero in them or something?

There's been hundreds of different versions/approaches etc. He has been an ostensible protagonist in some but never really a hero besides a the random passing team-up.

David Bowie

You mean Harlequin?

I actually think a cross-dressing female playing a male Joker could help.

Women have great smiles, and that being turned into an evil clown grin would do a lot to fuck with peoples heads.

I guess you could say she's DA JOKAH'S BABY

NO.

The only correct answer

No, he means Flashpoint Joker

Is he though? You could easily write a script involving an old ass Joker getting broken out of Arkham and forcing Batman to come out of retirement to train a successor.

He does, and those movies are awesome.

Peter Capaldi

Someone post the shops

Got you famalam

Rik Mayall could have made a pretty decent Joker if he didn't fucking croak it, his over-the-top acting style would have worked quite well.

Jared Leto. Too bad they fucked that up already.

the guy who played vision in the avengers 2 movie and civil war but with a latex appliance cheek bone and chin extensions and perma fake smile

basically a better version of the 80s joker version where they try to make him look more like in the comics

Always wanted to see him, Dafoe, or Adrian Brody.

Vincent Cassel

Sure thing, stranger.

>mouth scars
Ledger casuals makes me fucking sick

The thought of Moon Man looking for work just killed me

is he from Rammstein?

that's Bruce's mom right?

I talked with him for five minutes once.

If he's having a laugh at us, he's working an extremely long con.

sexy joker

Yes.

Tell me Sup Forums, what's so hard to portray about the Joker in live-action?

still think Adrian Brody should have been the Joker. His long face pointed nose fits the face of Joker from BTAS

On paper it's simple, just over-acting an eccentric character, people in sitcoms do it all the time.

Because he's the most famous fictional portrayal of a psychopath. That's hard to pin down in a celluloid frame.

its not really hard, its just that ledger had his own take which started the edgy joker and other actors to not be identified to be copying ledger has to have their own take.

I keep forgetting how many movies I've seen this dude in, always plays a good scumbag.

I'd say the hardest thing to get right would be the laugh, once you get that down i'd imagine everything else would begin to fall into place.

Micheal Shannon - Thomas Wayne/Batman
Jessica Chastain - Martha/Joker

directed by Snyder

pure

kino

Matthew Goode

it's not that it's hard per se. it's that Heath Ledger, whether we like it or not (i certanly don't) set a standard on what it means to be the Joker and if you don't equal or surpass that then you are not "good enough" for the public. picture playing the character as wanting to fly, and imitating Ledger would be building a 30-story building to achieve it instead of building a damn plane.