What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A43006-2005Jan2.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorist
youtube.com/watch?v=oDYwNQz6EJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bad parenting

If social medias says it's cool, it gotta be. Adults can be pretty dumb too.

probably fucking niggers man

Daily life transitioned into daily life:lite

Cheap fast and disposable entertainment is at the forefront of our priorities now

What's the big deal? It's better than shooting heroin or having loads of unprotected sex like the boomers and gen X did.

I don't get the point, even if you're an autistic fuck, digital coloring books are far superior and much less tedious.

I don't see what's so wrong with enjoying coloring books as an adult.

Safe spaces and pc culture have created a generation of adults who recuse to exit childhood.

The fuck? I bought one of these for my little 5 year old cousin. The secret garden one I think it was.

These are intended for adults? hahahaha

My Mom has a few of those but she's like 50 years old.

you're all fucking retarded

these aren't coloring books per se, they're used for therapeutic de-stressing purposes to help anxiety or stress

its mainly marketed at women, saw it on hsn the other day

instead of sewing and knitting this is the new thing for them to relax and have some 'me time'

Eh I agree with this guy Kids the last couple of generations have grown up way too fast. As long as they're not forgoing their adult responsibilities to color in coloring books, I dont see the problem considering the alternatives are for people to be full blown degenerates by the age of 13. Its not surprising that people are reverting to their childhoods now.
However, if you want to see something creepy go to tumblr and search for little space. Hundreds of grown females roleplaying as infants and toddlers begging their dads to rape them and shit. Its a huge trend apparently. People should be more concerned about that.

YOU'RE A TRACER

nothing wrong with this. stuff like meditation is more embarrassing.

It is for Dementia prevention.
Git Gud

That shit is amazing when tripping on shrooms or acid. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

In fact, I bet that half the buyers are probably trippers lol.

The patterns look pretty relaxing to fill in with dofferent colours, not going to lie

Triumph of the free market, identify a latent need and fulfil the demand

So, what's wrong?

as I've tried to explain to my mother, this literally applies to any repetitive activity so she could be scribbling aimlessly, sitting on a computer (she used to play The Sims or some shit,) or just organizing things around the house. I'm pretty sure these aren't for anybody but the elderly anyway, just another easy way to cash in on people who don't know any better.

Hey don't diss the grown up coloring books. They are amazing for learning anatomy for medical school.

Meditation and yoga. What the fuck happened to the white race.

Me ex-girlfriend really enjoyed coloring books (she was an adult btw fbi)

but those patterns are prettier, and women are easily entertained so who gives a shit

I wish my mother was a jew, then she'd be smart enough to just buy a printer and make her own to sell to other middle aged/elderly wimmenz.

Same here.

But mine's a few years older.

She doesn't buy the adult coloring books, though...

I have no idea where this meme came from, but I'm becoming a little bit alarmed at how childish people are becoming, and so rapidly at that.

Its a hobby for women you retard, my wife does this. They are actually quite neat. Does Sup Forums have to be so delusionally upset and triggered by such simple things that they actually think an art hobby is somehow a problem with society?

>Meditation, a practice shown to significantly help with stress and increase activation in the left prefrontal cortex which is associated with overall life happiness levels, is embarrassing.

Or maybe you guys are just stupid.

These are for old ladies going through menopause.

>Not letting go of your inner child

It used to be crosswords and sudoku. A common time filler to use when bored, simulating but not too challenging. Crosswords and other paper puzzles are common among our elder generations because its what they did as children. Coloring is what the latest generation did as children. I do it on a rare occasion when everything is bland although im not autistic enough to buy a coloring book. I just print out lineart.
Its the assbergers that are socially stunted enough to go to the "adult coloring meetups" that need straightening out.

Elaborate.

Its "theraputic" and keeps adults "mentally engaged". At least thats how they are tying to pitch it. Dont forget the special colored pencils youll need for maximum relaxation.

>a practice shown to significantly help with stress and increase activation in the left prefrontal cortex

What is grasping at straws again

that is the entire point of adult coloring books

St Antony and the desert monks would weave baskets and mats, just as a physical task to keep their hands occupied and spiritually disciplined.

Adult colouring is just a modern version of that, like sewing or knitting or any physical hands hobby.

The point is:
IT'S BETTER THAN MASTURBATING
>IT'S BETTER THAN MASTURBATING

Use your hands wisely and keep them occupied with other tasks.

My university occasionally does "Coloring Book Workshops" around the end of the semester because of finals.
It's mostly women fucking around with that shit. I passed by one and the lady kept looking at me and smiling, obviously wanting me to grab a coloring sheet and some pencils but I just kept walking.

Hurr durr hol up
*checks chinese cartoon forum*
murr u be saying
*saves pepe image*
people like expressing artistic abilities
*posts trump meme*
wut went wrong x^D

I colored an entire page with like a billion tiny little spots that needed colored one day while on adderall

it was fun

I got kicked out of my university library for laughing the first time I saw the colouring pages and fucking Legos.

Pointalism

Nothing artistic about coloring a sheet of paper. Drawing yes, but coloring a printed sheet no.

A humanities degree doesn't mean you can just call things whatever you want. Other generations fought wars and didn't need coloring books to function as adults. They simply grew the fuck up.

Check that. pointillism

At my school they have doggo petting stations set up during finals for people to let off some stress. I don't roll around with the dogs like some of the other people do, but if I'm passing by I usually pat them a few times.

I think im going to try this especially if it has therapeutic destressing value.

Look at the front of the books. You'd never color a cat like that. Some people can't draw from scratch

Mine has those too. I do the same just to show respect for the busy pups who took the time out of their day to visit us.

what most people expected btw

>I avoid doing something that would significantly improve my life because people I don't like do that thing

I bet your wife's son still plays with colouring books too.

As this link discusses washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A43006-2005Jan2.html

Meditation is shown to greatly increase the activation and even growth of the part of the brain called the left prefrontal cortex. The article slight talks about how those with higher activation in this area, versus the right side of the prefrontal cortex, are less negatively effected by stress and as such show greater overall lifetime happiness levels but if you want a more in detail look into the study saying this then google Jacobs and Snyder 1996.

Hell, those with major depressive disorder have also been shown to have less activation on the left side and more on the right of the prefrontal cortex (Vuga et al 2006).

So meditation could greatly increase your overall lifetime happiness so I have no idea why someone would make fun of it.

This, my mom got me one for Christmas, I didnt ask for it, Ive done like 2 pics since then and its alright to relax with, just like any other repetitive activity.

It's ok user go meditate on the corner, I'm sure Tyrone doesn't like seeing you when he fucks your gf anyway.

there is a slight artistic expression in using the right colors, not real art but it is creative

whatever, i would rather be doing something than nothing if i want to relax

What's wrong with enjoying beginners art? Better then watching TV or playing video games or posting on Sup Forums.

I don't understand it either. Corrupting kids books is much more fun.

Women

Sometimes coloring is used in physical therapy if you've injured your hand.

we colored in psychology during highschool and it was the most fun class I had all 4 years

Diaper fetishism.

What's wrong Pablo? Are you mad that glorious Trump is kicking your father's dirty beaner ass out of the US so now your sister will have to go back to giving rim jobs to the cartel so you can eat your beans?

okay that's fucking funny

I don't do that, but it's so fucking funny

Do you have any more of these? That's the only one I've ever seen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorist

haha

Google "coloring book corruption" and have fun

What's wrong with that besides the 'for adults' part? Do people really have to justify themselves buying it only because it's 'for adults' now? 'For adults' makes it sound like it has some XXX material or something.

Screw you OP I love coloring. It's very relaxing, and filling in white spaces while staying within the lines is highly engaging.

Nothing. How is this worse than sudoku? It's a relaxing thing you can do everywhere and may even woke an interest in art.

The latest population control device implemented by Marxist kikes to stop the white race from reproducing. Who buys these coloring books? White people exclusively. When do they color them in? When they're bored.

Want to know what your forefathers did when they were bored? They fucked like rabbits and ended up having 5 or 6 kids. Now when whites in prime reproduction age are bored with their partners they'll just trip on mushrooms for 5 hours and draw in coloring books like fucking toddlers. Don't worry about the rapidly decreasing reproduction rate of whites though, getting high and playing with crayons is "like way more spiritual yo."

I keep hearing about meditation, people keep tellign me to do it, but have no idea how to actualy do it.

boomers never learned to enjoy real literature

LEWD

there are twice as many people on the planet than there was 80 years ago. we needed every able bodied man in the 40s. now there are so many people a lot of kids just end up drifting through life. it's a pathetic enough life as is.. if a gay ass coloring book makes them feel better let them have it and stop hating.

There's many ways and not enough research has been done seeing how these different ways translate to benefits but if you want to be safe you could focus on what the monks who were in the study I mention were focusing on which is what they called a state of unconditional readiness to help living beings. Not my cup of tea personally but I bet just focusing on making yourself feel more relaxed and happy would work just as well and not seem as lame.

youtube.com/watch?v=oDYwNQz6EJI

It's something to do for people with no real talent to make themselves feel like they created something.

You can't cook, you can't draw, you can't fix the leak under the sink, but hey you colored within the lines. Have a gold star asshole.

Life used to be so simple. We never had to worry about niggers getting out of line, and who used the fucking bathroom. And feminists, man. That's all that what went wrong. This generation is fucked, and I for one can't stand how this generation turned out to be a bunch of liberal pussies. My grandfather fought for this country for God sake. I'm sure he's turning in his grave.

There's something zen and satisfying with coloring an entire page.

Besides, 90% of the works that can come out of these is better than the 'art' that's coming out of colleges these days.

I recently heard something positive about them from someone I respect. That they're good for refocusing the brain or something. Just the ones with fractals or what-have-you though.

Not sure if legit or just more Jewish tricks.

The fuck is wrong with art?

>falling for the psychiatric jew

>They simply grew the fuck up.
You mean they beat their wives, gambled away milk money, resented their working-class position in life, got drunk at the bar, stumbled home and raped their wives and molested their children

This is what those people on Normiebook do. They complain about adulting and not knowing how to adult. Isn't it cute being an adult is hard. This is before they watch Deadpool then post forced memes on how you can't let children see it, because it's so adult. That's what I think of seeing that.

loose definition and lowering standards

that'll be $15 usd, btw

This right here. I fucking love Zoloft.

Manchildren play video games, womenchildren do coloring books. We're all a wreck.

Adult coloring book right here

brilliant 9.5/10

More useless cheap decadence for mediocre housewives to waste their time on.

This is actually a means of measuring the effectiveness of the Archon's social conditioning. Increased sales of adult coloring books indicates effective conditioning, decreased sales indicates a need for adjustments.

They can't even spell colouring right

Yeah, I'd guess they're for lonely women who want to feel accomplished