Thoughts on Metallica?

Thoughts on Metallica?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zZJ6jnD2MFI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I enjoy Kill em all and Ride the lightning

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when they released ...And Justice For All in 1988, I think really came into their own commercially and artistically.

I unironically think Black Album is their best album, considering music, lyrics, performance, production and mixing.

holier than thou is a bit preachy.

I outgrew them after middle school Tbh.

but like said, I still enjoy those two albums.

>Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes
>a little too new wave

nigga what

I also rank their albums like this:
1. Metallica - best all around
2. Ride the Lightning - It's a very dynamic album despite having the cheesy rasmussen production, it also benefits from having input from mustaine, burton, hammett, hetfield and ulrich.
3. AJFA - Probably their best in terms of guitar performance, it's also the first time the cemented a distintive sound from the mustaine era. Bass being almost inaudible and the lenght of some songs make it sound repetitive.
4. Kill em All - It's very energetic and Cliff Burton's parts sound great. The only flaw is the production trying to make them sound like a NWOBHM band.
5. Master of Puppets - It has good tracks, and it's a perfect middle point between and ajfa. The flaw is that some songs lack variety, they also seem to be indecisive between opting for their own sound (as they did with ajfa) or emulating their work with mustaine.
will continue later

i think he meant new wave of british heavy metal

maybe ima a pleb but I like Load...and some of their covers- Breadfan is sick...Stone cold Crazy too...Garage as some killer music on it.

6. Load - It has good production, and had an overall homogeneous style from start to finish, lyrics were also more experimental, in a good way. Song length is a flaw once again, even tho I think both Outlaw Torn and Bleeding Me are the best songs in the album.
7. Death Magnetic - Overall it's a solid album, mixing is a bit of a mess.
8. St Anger - The most positive thing I can say about St Anger is that it has the most interesting riffs they ever wrote. The rest of it is a mess, but can't really blame them for trying something else. I think it could have been better without changing much.

QUALITY GAP
9. ReLoad - Fuel is cheesy in a good way, but most of them aren't like that. It's overproduced to a point where the band hasn't figured out how to play the songs live without them sounding like ass.

Haven't heard the new one.

Thoughts on this?

youtube.com/watch?v=zZJ6jnD2MFI

Perhaps I worded myself badly? I've been a big Metallica fan ever since the release of their 1988 album, "...And Justice for All". Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on "Justice" where Hetfield's presence became more apparent.

>

I predict that Kirk Hammet will be the next rock musician to kill himself

nah, it will probably another grunge or numetal artist

metallica are way over the suicide age

>god tier
Kill 'Em All
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
>good tier
...And Justice for All
>meh tier
Metallica
Hardwired to Self Destruct
Death Magnetic
>bad tier
St. Anger
Reload
>shit tier
Load

Garbage buttrock

I've been a bigMetallicafan ever since the release of their 1996 album,Load. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was onLoadwhere, uh, Lars Ulrich's presence became more apparent. I thinkShoot Me Againwas the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding seven albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Kirk, James and Lars. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to "...And Justice For All". In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive judicial authority. "Fight Fire With Fire" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. James Hetfield's solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like "Frantic" and, uh, "Atlas Rise!". Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think James Hetfield works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is "Confusion", a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Saw them live last night in Montreal.

It was the third time I saw them play and it was by far the best show I've seen in my life.

Not only is their music great, innovative (at times), the lyrics and production great, their most important asset is their live performances.

They will kick you ass every single time. They love what they do and it shows. They love their fans.

GOAT.