ITT: formerly ridiculed albums that will eventually go on to be praised as misunderstood masterpieces

ITT: formerly ridiculed albums that will eventually go on to be praised as misunderstood masterpieces

Now that the singer's life struggles have come to our attention, Linkin Park's music now has a real emotional depth to it. Expect perfect scores from all sorts of publications when this gets reissued.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KKvyRic5N6g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>misunderstood
How can an album that sold like hot cakes be "misunderstood"?

>formerly ridiculed albums that will eventually go on to be praised as misunderstood masterpieces
No this won't and it'll continue to be seen as bad

>ITT: ridiculed albums
>best rated and most popular album

OP is, and this comes as a surprise, a faggot

So we're past the Grunge deaths now? I'm guessing Fred Durst, Zack de la Rocha and Serj Tankian are next?

Hybrid Theory and Meteora are timeless

Serj is gonna grow old
Daron though

It was sold mainly to teenagers who are now grown up and regularly joke about the album. ("lol CRAAAAWWWWWLLLIINNGG IIINNN MYYY SKIIIINN so angsty")

Why Durst? Because he canĀ“t lose fat nor be with his waifu? De la Rocha could be next though.

Incorrect. People who joke about it are those outside the 12-15 demographic when the album was released.

>ITT: formerly ridiculed albums that will now be ridiculed even more
FTFY

That dude from the Deftones will be next.

>Linkin Park
>best rated anything

yeah this.

Lmao

Dave Grohl, death is coming for you.

>So we're past the Grunge deaths now?
I mean they're not going to stop dying lol. The ones who've got got have been because of drugs and suicide so they're pretty early.
Crawling in my skins guy was just an early one, too because of suicide.
I'd say if we're "anywhere" naturally it'd be the 70s

I was 14 when this was released, and it was the first album to connect with me.

Every song resonated with the movement at the time, the lost generation of kids who didn't really have a place in the world.

I listened to it over and over, grieving a little....not gonna lie.

Macarena and Bailando sold like a motherfucker too.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Where's Nirvana?
Where's Nickelback?

/thread

It's obviously about suicides not turning into old farts and rotting away.

de la Rocha won't kick the bucket for a while, at least by his own doing. Dude is mentally and physically strong.

this might come as a surprise too, but every band has it's best rated and worst rated album

First album I listented in its entirety on a CD player.

>Now that the singer's life struggles have come to our attention, Linkin Park
what fucked up shit did LP go through?

Can't believe he killed himself and ruined the memes about his edgy lyrics

no, i dont care this guy commits suicice, rap metal is shit and Link in park is terrible

You're a real idiot you know that right?

I unironically still enjoy the first 3 albums of LP after years of listening to 'ambitious' Sup Forumstier music. It's just fun pop metal and these songs are just too catchy.

Minutes to Midnight is really overrated, especially if the previous 2 classic LP nu-metal albums obscure your sight.

I'm listening to it now and it's fine. It's no worse than the rest of the nu-metal crap that came out at the time. If I didn't have nostalgia for it though I would have no excuse for enjoying it.

Not if they're all equally shit.

yes, they perfectly capture immature, self-absorbed teenage angst. First world 14 year olds will relate to it forevermore. So in that way, it is timeless.

Linkin Park was never good. Their lyrics sucked, their music was uninventive, and their fanbase were shitters.

No one cares about your shit opinions

Only if it gets reissued with a prettier looking cover

Hybrid Theory, Hybrid Theory EP and Meteora are the only things worth listening to LP wise.

underrated*

thousands of people disagree with your shitty opinion

>their fanbase were shitters
>being this mad at 12 year olds

>Hybrid Theory EP
You mean Reanimation

Don't you even fucking joke about serj going out.

>listening to music for lyrics
if I wanted good lyrics I'd read a book

No, I mean Hybrid Theory EP.

youtube.com/watch?v=KKvyRic5N6g

Reanimation is overrated.

Zack won't die until the US goes full commie

>they have more than 3 albums
wtf

>Reanimation is overrated.
No it isn't, it's barely rated, and it has great remixes.

Dave Grohl will outlive you

I heard one of their songs from the new album being played at Hooters last week. Chester was a great singer man. RIP.

>SERJ

Don't even fucking joke man.

>hybrid theory
>ridiculed
it's a solid album that literally every single person loved when they were a teenager. if you disagree you're just being edgy tbqh

Everything after a Thousand Suns isn't worth listening to, and even then people are split on ATS.

I'm more sorry for twelve year olds who didn't like them and had to spend years putting with those that did.

That album is good and a comercial success, its just mu being contrarian, he made what most bands dream about.

No one ridicules HT you underage manlet. Crawling won a grammy btw.

but the nigga is right, tho

It's probably the quintessential Nu-Metal album.

Foundation.

How is he right? I'm very interested

Hybrid Theory is still shit.

Edginess aside I still kind of like Hybrid Theory

see
and

>loved when they were a teenager
There's your problem. Most of us grew out of linkin park, but I do admit that Hyrbrid Theory was one of the albums I listened to the most in my teenage years.

And their music was always in old YouTube tutorials.

Now we wait for the Grunge and nu-metal mashups.

Well I don't think people from the grunge era are going to stop killing themselves either. You can't really say you're going through different eras when rockstars from 20 years ago start killing themselves. They'll individually do it when they feel like

>ratemymuzak.com
>relevant to anyone other than hipsters and memers

hybrid theory and meteora were perfect for the time they were released in

>implying Collision Course isn't their best

Gotta look cool before your Sup Forums bros right?

Most humourless album ever made

Limp Bizkit at least had a sense of fun

*Pet Sounds*

No, still sucks

Best thing Linkin Park put out was the crossover album with Jay Z. Fight me faggots.

I was (and still am) a fan of reanimation.

You are too young to understand how popular this was.

It only fit in with the edge that was so popular in the 2000s. Times passed and now people realize how retarded and edgy it was back then so people laugh at the quintessential 2000s album. It encompasses the worst trends from back then

I honestly think Reanimation is their greatest material and holds up the best today. The Forgotten remix is probably the best example, taking a catchy but edgy nu metal track and turning it into an ominous hip hop banger about class struggle or some shit. Chali2na's verse is pure sex

how about last.fm then? just stop riddiculing yourself already

Wasn't even born. Consider there are people who were born in 2002 posting on this board.

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH AND LEAVE SERJ OUT OF THIS

Fuck you guys, I've been saying this album was 10/10 for years and I've been nothing but ridiculed

Your reading comprehension is atrocious

People like you kill the art of music.

Unpopular opinion, I really liked Minutes to Midnight. It's my favorite.

get Serj's name out of your filthy fucking mouth you communist

Every time I hear linkin park I immediately can taste Mountain Dew, COD starts playing itself on he nearest screen, and my hair bleached and spikes itself.
Linkin park was never good

same here been enjoying replaying the first 2 albums from time to time after i grew past my edgy "real metal" phase

>autism album isn't ridiculed!!!
>yes it is
>Your reading comprehension is atrocious!!!!!

he'll be dead in 3 months
screencap this

It's a diamond-selling album. It had already reached that point anyway. But yes, it will be even higher rated now.

>no ratings
what is your point?

Lyrics come secondary to sound, that's why music isn't called poetry.

>But yes, it will be even higher rated now
because all the linkin park fans will crawl out of the woodwork to rate the album again

u talkin shit about Macarena? fucking pleb city.

>This guy calling anyone an autist

>Serj
NO. DONT EVEN JOKE

ah, nm I miss read what you where replying to (not that person).

that it's the most popular along with meteora, duh

Your reading comprehension is atrocious

hitler dubs say you're fucking wrong faggot i'll kill you i swear to god

>You are too young to understand how popular this was.
Popular != good