Who else /listening to Linkin Park now/ here?

who else /listening to Linkin Park now/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gs0t8LXH6lw
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4
i.4cdn.org/f/Faint_VG_Remake.swf
youtube.com/watch?v=YgVzhgygYfs
youtube.com/watch?v=dMX8LB8YRn4
youtube.com/watch?v=WNKv_nrTIeI
youtube.com/watch?v=3t2WkCudwfY
youtube.com/watch?v=nxrcV5edwaM
youtube.com/watch?v=v2H4l9RpkwM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol no

Hey Sup Forums, when did you grow out of liking Linkin Park?

I am 20 but I am beta so it's okay when I still ocassionaly listen to them.

stop being beta

Tough luck pal, you didn't attach Varg picture.

Hate Linkin Park but listening to some hits now in tribute.

I think minutes to midnight is the last album I liked
I still like the old ones though
unironically

I am 21 and Linkin Park has (ironically) been my favourite band since I was 7

When I was 12 I think

Stop being a cuck

unironically sad about it, LP were a big of my childhood

I DON'T KNOW WHO'M TO TRUST

Listening to some hits, I might not care for Linkin Park now at all but when I was a kid they were a big part of the stepping stone that got me into music. I didn't like listening to bands before my uncle showed my Hybrid Theory. I wouldn't be here today without them, for better or worse.

This.

First celeb death that really shocked me.

I thought they would be around forever.

FORFEIT THE GAME

Same, not that I cried or anything but I was really shocked and it felt weird.

Meteora and Hybrid Theory are eternal.

>I thought they would be around forever.

Me too, man. Me too.

13 or 14

listening to Korn _Follow the leader
not this "out of producer" band of Lincoln perk

Linkin Park is like Communism, you should stop believing in it when you reach your late teens.

Okay, Chester, I'll listen to your last album, you've convinced me.

Same. I was very shocked

14ish
Listening now though

I never had the chance to go through an edgy phase growing up and just recently discovered the joys of emo music so I still get a kick out of it.

I really really thought they would

I never liked them. His death somewhat still comes to me a shock, though, as my brother used to be a big fan in his young teens.

14, however I started liking them again an hour ago

Like 8 years ago. I still listen to this song constantly though youtube.com/watch?v=Gs0t8LXH6lw

It's legitimately good enough to make me forget that it's LP. Shame they never went for that Post-Rocky direction again.

Deftones are better.

their new song is amazing
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

Listening to "In the End" on repeat at the moment. Never appreciated it for the masterpiece it was until now.

Listening to it on /f/ right now
i.4cdn.org/f/Faint_VG_Remake.swf

It's sad that a person died, but I have no interest in listening to his music

Holy fuck, did SEGA make Coldsteel canon?

youtube.com/watch?v=YgVzhgygYfs

just listened to this after, what, 10 years? feels are hitting me hard

Youtube owes him.

Youtube was built on vids of negroes fighting and AMVs set to Linkin Park.

Linkin Park still sucks, and you trendy "LOL LOOK AT ME, I LIKE MUSIC!" faggots are the worst

You only listened to Soundgarden when Cornell died, you only listened to Linkin Park when Chester Cheeto died, you only listened to Prince when Prince died -- the fact is, you only care about an artist's work when they've become culturally relevant again to do so. You would not have listened to Linkin Park last night; but here you are.

You are the exact reason for why music culture is so infested with fakes and actors pretending to enjoy music they really dont -- cultural acceptance from your peers.

Not at the moment but definitely gonna blast Meteora later. That was my first favorite album

16, probably later than most. I actually stuck it out all the way until Living Things, even convincing myself that ATS was good for awhile

never

yeah it does
nothing wrong with listening to it as a tribute but i doubt autists like you understand something like that

High school..man that is sad though, their music was definitely an outlet for my angry ass self growing up. Fuck.

or, you know, you could listen to them again after not having thought about them in more than a decade, and the death brings up memories from your teenage years.

Oldfag here.

Saw Soundgarden open for Voivod back in 1990. Cornell thought the audience was feeling him and tried to crowd-surf. He hit concrete because he sucked and sang like cats fighting, and crawled his ass back to the stage in a daze to finish the set.

It was funny.

>frogposter
>thinks I will read his demented opinions

he is even more edgy and overpowerd than coldsteel. called infinite, has an song son the same vein as old linkin park as theme song. when they revealed him Chester commits suicide on the same day.
this timeline is all over the place

Of course. They were the first band I truly got into, the reason I started getting into heavier stuff. Loved them so much when I was younger.

Gonna blast their first 2 albums and their old demos all night.

Chira?

Hipster faggot detected.

When Meteora came out, went out to buy the CD and didn't like it.

>it's summer in the early 2000s
>it's late at night
>you are playing flash games on newgrounds or stickdeath
>you're probably going to go watch that new Spiderman movie that stars Toby Maguire
>you're talking with friends on AOL or MSN Messenger
>those days are gone and never coming back

on a serious note.
I really like We Made It. feat bustha rhymes
youtube.com/watch?v=dMX8LB8YRn4

You mean Sepultura?

Listening to this
I used to play this all the time back in the day

All that rambling and still never had your penis in a vagina.

What a shame.

youtube.com/watch?v=WNKv_nrTIeI

ATS is fucking amazing.

DELETE THIS

>meanwhile David Bowie is still dead

>he has still yet to contact humanity to let us know he simply ascended into a space-immortal living on another planet

This
It's surprisingly not too bad.

Fuck you for these feels, user.

Gonna listen to it later. I used to play it all the time, too.

Was Jason on bass?

It's weird, but knowing about his childhood beforehand kind of made this less shocking.

>talking with friends on AOL or MSN Messenger
No you must have me confused with someone else. I had Linkin Park, not friends.

>mid 2000's
>so many friends
>pretty famous in school
>listening to linkin park while talking to my crush on msn messenger
Those day are gone now.

Nope. This was long before him with their original bassist Blacky (who would later play the "bro" card to get Jason kicked out so he could get the job he abandoned mid-tour in 1993 back)

For me it was

>be playing runescape or halo
>listening to numb on replay
>always listening to their meteora in 5th grade
>later on transformers comes out and love that single

I ended up giving that kind of music up because I just had to leave those feels behind. Fuck I can't believe he hung himself, why do that when you are so successful and have a good band of friends? The fuck, don't tell me it's because LP gets hate nowadays?

>knowing about his childhood beforehand
elaborate

Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, Meteora and Collision Course are albums which I hear from time to time.
They are not good, the music is meh but it's a blast to the past. Nostalgia, basically.
>tfw listening to your Meteora CD in the fresh discman

sexually abused by an older male for years.

>2007
>hanging out on the web, talking to my crush
>"From the Inside" plays
>trying to be witty and cool
>I was probably talking like an autistic faggot

Wish I could go back...

probably around 15 or so when i got into my heavy metal phase and it wasnt cool to like them. though, now im going back reliving it all
feelssadman

how does he feel right now Sup Forums ?

probably about to an hero as well :(

Nah, I'm good.

At 10, when Meteora came out.

I outgrew Linkin Park by the time I was 14, but i still think A Place For My Head is the GOAT nu-metal song

youtube.com/watch?v=3t2WkCudwfY

I still remember blasting Faint on my old ass phone at the netCafe where my friends and me played WoW.
Thanks Chester, sorry about the memes.

>people on Sup Forums will be unironically listening to Linkin Park now
i fucking hate this "it became good because he died" meme

15-16

I thought I did a few years ago. Today has proven me wrong.

I've been jamming all day. havent heard them in fucking years. having middle school flashbacks. feeling pretty sad.

around 2008, when i was 16 or so.

Not good. Second depth.

last year

no one is saying it's good now, we're just getting nostalgic. LP for many of us were "baby's first rock band"

damn

I think you're honestly one stupid guy if you can't realize tons of people used their music as an outlet..and were on Sup Forums so many people here were no doubt angry growing up, it makes perfect sense. People generally let go of their music because it isn't good to carry those feelings forever into adult-hood.

he and chester are already reunited probably

It didn't "become good" when he died, you absolute idiot. It's called paying tribute to an artist you used to like as a kid. Fucking faggot sociopath with zero human interaction go kill yourself, but unlike Chester, no one will be paying any tribute to you.

>13 years old
>chatting on msn with my pals
>watching linkin park music videos when youtube was still kinda new
>watching anime
>falling in love for the first time

No I competely realize that

>I am a grown man
>love feels boring and casual
>everyday the same shit, just working and going to the gym
>everything feels boring
>chester fucking off'd himself

>tons of people used their music as an outlet
lmao at those people then. also not everyone browsing Sup Forums was put on the anger issues watchlist in middle school
wew lad. i can see why you love LP so much

E D G Y

with the context of his childhood and suicide, this new album is pretty depressing

>tfw growing up on Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=nxrcV5edwaM
so what the hell are you waitin foooorrrr....

Some time after Minutes to Midnight. It had some tracks i enjoyed, but not enough to make me stick around. Never hated them though, just kind of forgot about them for a while, except for those Crawling in my Skin memes. So around 2007 or 2008, i was 15 at the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=v2H4l9RpkwM

he had a real problem and people shat on him for making music about it

damn unironic RIP

Ofc they are my man, but still.....