Bandcamp

old thred ded

QOTD:
Do all of your favourite artists influence you in some way?

Other urls found in this thread:

varsas.bandcamp.com/
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/rl-ng
epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/dusze-final-very-raw-demo
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/-/dusze-final-very-raw-demo/
awkwardbullshit.bandcamp.com/track/buster
gardanta.bandcamp.com/releases
stmp.bandcamp.com/album/the-cattle-were-up-in-the-hills-we-heard-their-bells-in-the-woods
pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep
soundcloud.com/k39sound/tracks
puppysoul.bandcamp.com/
trotus.bandcamp.com/
re-vised.bandcamp.com/track/tangerine
profoundcarnage13.bandcamp.com/album/oddsobsthree
profoundcarnage13.bandcamp.com/album/point-of-no-return
basicunitproductions.bandcamp.com/album/avida-dollars
spectrehums.bandcamp.com/album/speaking-of-the-sea
etherealtalks.bandcamp.com/album/old-collars-stuff
bluehole.bandcamp.com
youtu.be/BLWdBuLIXqw
coredelay.bandcamp.com/album/sleeping-chamber-music
svccy.bandcamp.com/album/summer-websurfing
svccy.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-horizon
svccy.bandcamp.com/album/virtual-dream
yamir.bandcamp.com/
cbrcbr.bandcamp.com/album/mullv-d
house-for-musicians.tumblr.com/post/159105762557/rawhouse1
rateyourmusic.com/artist/yamir_c_
open.spotify.com/artist/3s2BQA0wYsNqPZmR3kAN2p
motelguide.bandcamp.com/album/owl-sight-owl-mind
pjd3.bandcamp.com/album/pill-bottle
garminder.bandcamp.com/album/boy
garminder.bandcamp.com/album/funny-sqiurrel
youtu.be/lejduNf_DSU
morpheuslunae.bandcamp.com/music
patreon.com/posts/dunkle-tage-9139793
patreon.com/posts/hole-inside-12638345
foliagemusic.bandcamp.com/album/silence
itunes.apple.com/us/album/silence/id1258931565
open.spotify.com/album/0p2LmoXnulreHvP2CBOodg
listentothesea.bandcamp.com/album/the-far-reaches
of49.bandcamp.com/releases
retrieval.bandcamp.com
slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/impression-obsession
elemantraband.bandcamp.com
ketchup-rice.bandcamp.com/
tantrumthrowers.bandcamp.com/album/tth
airbornmartin.bandcamp.com/track/this-is-just
gurglesplat.bandcamp.com/album/5th
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hey everyone!

varsas.bandcamp.com/
"Fáradt a hegy" - July 31st

Latest album:
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/rl-ng
>guitar ambient
>psych drone
>HNW
>ffo Keiji Haino and Spacemen 3

It's going to be a sleepless night today.

epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/dusze-final-very-raw-demo

>Singer-songwriter thingy
>Piano-based
>Background noise

New thing tomorrow. Setlist already on RYM.

Don't forget to review this thing on RYM, would really appreciate it:
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/-/dusze-final-very-raw-demo/

"Reviews" coming soon.

awkwardbullshit.bandcamp.com/track/buster

>rock

>QOTD: Do all of your favourite artists influence you in some way?
No

gardanta.bandcamp.com/releases
>spoken word
>eldritch

stmp.bandcamp.com/album/the-cattle-were-up-in-the-hills-we-heard-their-bells-in-the-woods

>guitarr

pxlsequence.bandcamp.com/album/valleys-ep

>piano >loops >ambient >chill >lofi >experimental

THX for listening and feedback.

Rec

soundcloud.com/k39sound/tracks

K-39

>Ritual
>Downtempo
>experimental

>spotify

Holy shit just found out that Chester Bennington hanged himself
Bye childhood

>Linkin Park
2/10 childhood

He killed himself too late.

I like a lot, very chill atmospheres without being overbearing.
Nice vibes, Alex G fan?

Is it cheating if I post multiple projects. they're really different.

puppysoul.bandcamp.com/

>lofi indie dreamy jazzy

trotus.bandcamp.com/

>made on 3ds KORG software
>electronica, chiptune, boss battle house, some groovy odd time signatures

Yeah I forgot everyone listened to Keiji Haino demos and musique concréte at the age of 10

re-vised.bandcamp.com/track/tangerine
>emo/post-punk
>lo-fi
>Have A Nice Life x American Football
A song about a girl I really liked but we never became more than friends and she committed suicide about three years ago

this is good songwriting, will probably get stuck in my head

this is also good songwriting, I like how the music is dreamy, but not so much that it's boring. A great blend

QOTD: yes, definitely

profoundcarnage13.bandcamp.com/album/oddsobsthree

>Instrumental post-rock, math rock, emo

profoundcarnage13.bandcamp.com/album/point-of-no-return

>Black metal

as for the question, not all of them but a lot, sure. it's impossible to be completely unique.

basicunitproductions.bandcamp.com/album/avida-dollars
> ADHD Industrial

Yep. This record is evidence of it. Minimal wave, trip hop, dungeon synth, power electronics, coldwave... all on this thing ._.

I think the last track on your newest album is the strongest. Maybe combine that with the harsher influences and be more deliberate about the pacing and placement of those harsh moments.

Less reverb and delay on your vox. If you use any, stick it on a send.

Kinda wish the recording quality was better.

Not particularly good in terms of composition or sound, but I'd say keep trying and keep listening to music. It's obvious you can play an instrument, but you just need a lot more discipline. Also try to incorporate your influences through the feeling they give you, rather than the aesthetic which causes the feeling. For example, you may play black metal with a clean surf rock guitar tone instead and incorporate impressionist classical motifs in it or some shit. I don't know. Get creative with it.

spectrehums.bandcamp.com/album/speaking-of-the-sea

>drone, ambient, glitch
>field recordings, noise, etc

QOTD: yea, i would say so, my fave music means a lot to me and it inevitably affects how it sounds

these sound good

>Maybe combine that with the harsher influences and be more deliberate about the pacing and placement of those harsh moments

That's what will happen famalam, thank you for checking it out!

Here we go. "Reviews" are upon us. Three sentences max though. I do not feel well.
These "reviews" are so legit that they are almost 100% wrong!

I do think that there is enough insecurity about this thing that I can somehow relate to myself. Then again that fucking cover art and all of this idiotic "fur the lulz" elements on your BC page is really basic and extremely simplistic to the point which you can't really find anything about it. Song's alright though.

This is an extreme example of "yeah, it's fine". Nothing too attention grabbing, nothing too ridiculous (although the project and album names are above ridiculous).

Puppy Soul is quite nice indeed. Recording could be a tad bit better but the foundations are already there and they are quite solid.

>Less reverb and delay on your vox. If you use any, stick it on a send.
Thanks for your listen and opinion although nothing like that will come out in the future.
Anyhow - onto your music. I do have an extreme gripe about people who are doing over-complication of genres onto a one release. There's nothing completely bad about per say just from the experience side of things I like to know what I'm getting myself into. Sure enough there are some tracks which just lacks the punch for me and doesn't make me sit down on my chair and listen to them. But when a specific sound works you can execute it pretty well - just that, for me, the mixture of genres doesn't work for me, at all.

These hums are pretty hung to me and not in a good way. The atmosphere is there somewhere but the difference in sounds added to the track (dark-ish organs next to very dur noises and synths) doesn't add up to me as well as it should. I'm also yet to find some kind of element, stylistic, whatever which could really show me that it's your music rather than the one made by The Generic Ambient user no. 415425636, you know?

Usual recs:

this song and some of their other work is actually awesome

leftinthesun.bandcamp.com

>kinda shoegaze
>kinda post rock
>sort of post punk(?)

my bands first ever recorded or even written music, hope anyone enjoys

recs:

etherealtalks.bandcamp.com/album/old-collars-stuff

To be honest these tracks are here from the far 2009. The time when I lived in a small town and tried to find my actual sound. The most influental records for me were made by Throbbing Gristle, Coil, Einsturzende Neubaunten on the one hand and by Aphex Twin, Autechre, Venetian Snares on the other. Of course I realised that couldn't make anything similiar to the favourite artists. So, I started to experiment with my music. That's how MushroomWavved Collar appeared ;)
The album has 6 bonus tracks (so called secret part) and I recommend to download the whole item to give it a try.
In a few words, these tracks are too different to the main part. It sounds more like instrumental hip-hop with a crushing ending in the final two dissociative house tracks.

> Lo-fi, breakcore, noise, atmospheric

Good music:

I'm a sucker for anything HANL-esque. The only thing I don't really like is the cover. Something about the monochrome and the font puts me off.

Maybe I've been listening to too much Jute Gyte, but this sounds like a mellower Jute Gyte to me, at times. I like the first track a lot until it gets *really* noodly towards the latter third. I get the impression these are mostly jams. So, I feel like your music would benefit greatly from more compositional diligence or dynamics. It's truly promising, though. Also, I'm sort of torn on the drum production. Seems a little trebly for me, at least on the first track.

My shit:
truthinsilence.bandcamp.com

>post-hardcore, indie rock, transcendental black metal (seriously), some folk

my cover is too fucking big sorry

ok here it is

As for the question: yes. See my link. Chock full of references to Krallice/Liturgy/Modest Mouse/HANL/everything else

Neon Clouds

bluehole.bandcamp.com

>Psychedelic
>Space Rock
>Noise Pop
>Shoegaze
>One Man Band
>I Sing Now
>Music To Watch Rain Fall To
>Also Music To Bake In The Sun To
>Basically Music For Every Season But Spring
>Fuck Spring

N E W R E C O R D

My brother made me a music video! Watch it here: youtu.be/BLWdBuLIXqw

Fucking Chester Bennington man, R.I.P. Linkin Park was like the biggest musical entity of my childhood. You'll be missed.

>QOTD
Of course, I gather influence from everywhere and try to make my music a big melting pot of it all.

Don't be fucking assholes dude. You listened to it too.

Recs:

>You listened to it too.
Legit - never heard any of Linkin Park albums. I was way too much into 80's pop.

coredelay.bandcamp.com/album/sleeping-chamber-music

>prog folk, freak folk, early music, acoustic, bedroom folk, analog synthesizer, baroque-folk, experimental, vocal, classical

Download for free and enjoy it in the sun!

If you decide to support this you get a download code for an EP containing 6 tracks which didn't fit this album!

I'd also like to thank the person who created a RYM page for me, it truly means a lot. Thank you

New fresh album Check out!!!!

svccy.bandcamp.com/album/summer-websurfing

old album:

svccy.bandcamp.com/album/hidden-horizon

svccy.bandcamp.com/album/virtual-dream
>Cd available

>Vaporinet
>Dream
>Vaportrap
>Chillwave
>Sampled
>Smoth jazz

REC:

*beeping noises*

yamir.bandcamp.com/
>noise rock, experimental rock
>ambient, spacey reverb stuff with guitars and every sine wave imaginable
>also a "microhouse" or "minimal techno" EP if youre more into electronic music
>physical copies at: cbrcbr.bandcamp.com/album/mullv-d

Read an interview conducted by Jakub Tabor! read if you like to make fun of poseurs
house-for-musicians.tumblr.com/post/159105762557/rawhouse1

>I want to rate your music!
rateyourmusic.com/artist/yamir_c_

>I want to listen to you on Spotify!
open.spotify.com/artist/3s2BQA0wYsNqPZmR3kAN2p

recs

speak for yourself, kid

>Do all of your favourite artists influence you in some way?
not all of them, mainly the bleep and ambient ones now
although i can't lie the jazzboys have teached me a thing or two for mullvad

motelguide.bandcamp.com/album/owl-sight-owl-mind

>bedroom folk
>singer-songwriter
>bits of american primitive guitar and slowcore
>the owls may or may not be what they seem

It's honestly pretty crazy how many other people were really into Linkin Park growing up. Just really sad to hear, regardless of my current opinions on their music so many of those older songs are still committed to my memory and probably always will be. Also, Chester was just an objectively incredibly talented vocalist.

Can't remember if I've ever actually commented on this before but I am a really big fan of it. The whole Renaissancey angle really subverts what one might come to expect from the folky instrumentation, and avoids all the trappings that I worry even my stuff falls into from time to time. The playing is just wonderful, great folky fingerpicking which actually avoids the usual heavy american rootsier folk influences. It's just such an interesting, non-intuitive folk album, which is really really what the genre needs and deserves. Love it.

Oh jesus that dumbass joke at the end of the Unfair made me laugh again. Yeah I definitely remember commenting on this before but whatever.

other cool stuff:

>pjd3.bandcamp.com/album/pill-bottle

didnt know which thread to post in so im posting in both
>mixtape/compilation
>its not the best thing ive ever made but im trying to get better

Weird, how old were you around 2003?

* ~ * NEW STUFF * ~ *

garminder.bandcamp.com/album/boy

garminder.bandcamp.com/album/funny-sqiurrel

>Experimental
>Rock
>Punk
>Synth
>Pop
>Improv / Joke / Comedy

Hey guys! Garm's been pushing us really hard lately, but Pete and I actually kinda like it! And we hope you all do too!

rec

word, like downtempo electronic world.

always dig

kool stuff m8

I review Bandcamp albums. Send me your music, share and subscribe to support.

Here's my latest: youtu.be/lejduNf_DSU

RIP Chester. LP was one of the first bands I got into when I first started to listen to music seriously.

morpheuslunae.bandcamp.com/music

>tfw you sold something for 4000 euro shekels and are now in hedonism mode
>new album will be like silk and gems
>tfw hype

Also, if you want to read up on my two latest releases, here you go:
patreon.com/posts/dunkle-tage-9139793
patreon.com/posts/hole-inside-12638345

Recommended!

This is not bad but it needs some work and then it will be good. Personally I missed some dynamics in there. It felt very monochrome in a boring way.

Thanks dude, i appreciate it, and yeah i remember that comment haha, i've got it somewhere.

I dig your stuff as well, it fits my mood of these past few days and if it's still grey and rainy tomorrow (dutch summers) i'll put it on during my morning routine.

I've learned from listening to legit medieval/renaissance folk that it's not so much the notes one plays that determine a specific aura, but rather it's place within the composition and the instrumental combinations. although i think most of the sounds on this album are pure luck haha

Working on some stuff now, already have 4 tracks, though it could take a while because this will be really extremely personal so i can only write when my heart is aching for relieve, but i'm too busy distracting myself with bullshit, so as to not face reality.

After that i already have ideas for 3 other albums, one being covers of songs i like (already have a few) and the rest is a secret, but in the next one, i will let your ears feast on the sounds of my self made clavichord.

Cheers and thank you

where do we send it to?

send him a youtube mesage

>>tfw you sold something for 4000 euro shekels and are now in hedonism mode

Congrats man, how'd you manage to pull that off?

Been collecting Magic: The Gathering cards for 17 years and now got rid of them all. I realized I can't keep collecting things anymore. I need more space and more tools to draw, paint and record music.
I want to be someone who MAKES things - not someone who HAS things.

I see, interesting. i misinterpreted and was under the assumption that you made 4k with your music. anyways, kudos

>made 4k with your music

One day maybe. One day. I want to believe.

"Silence" out now worldwide. Get it on Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, EVERYWHERE. Buy it on disc, buy it on tape, come see us at a show.
Help us book a tour please.

Bandcamp:
foliagemusic.bandcamp.com/album/silence

iTunes/Apple Music:
itunes.apple.com/us/album/silence/id1258931565

Spotify:
open.spotify.com/album/0p2LmoXnulreHvP2CBOodg

Going to try to jumpstart this thread:

listentothesea.bandcamp.com/album/the-far-reaches

>Funk
>Prog Rock
>Psych Rock

New album literally hours ago

>Swimming in ocean of grey strings with Erica9701

Love the vibe of this, synths sound like they're straight off of a Korg M1. This is really fun, great aesthetic. Track doesn't seem to progress too much but it wasn't too long. Overall very good.

>Breached

Cool glitchy fade in. This is like ASMR, once it really starts to build. I would consider this drone, but its a lot softer than most noise or drone music, very interesting, I liked this.

>Warm up + Little Hands

The production quality is wonderful, amazing stereo spread with the guitars on Warm Up, love you tone. Sounds absolutely massive. I really think you've got something special with you tracking, whatever miking techniques you're using are suiting you very well. You're voice reminds me a lot of Nick Drake, maybe a little deeper. I gave this a download, very impressive.

>Welcome 2 My House

This is actually groovy as hell, bass could be a little bit better recorded but this is a lot of fun. I really dig your vocals.

>Dunkle Tage

This is super cinematic, I love the mangled vocal samples in the background. At the point where the texture starts to change, this sounds so much like a lava flow, very dark and apocalyptic. Nice to hear noise that is actually not aurally fatiguing.

This is really good I'm going to snatch up a cassette.

(I'm btw)

bamp

is that the dad from jimmy neutron

you suck faggot. that type of music is so corny and was never good. you missed 2008 for your cash grab idiot.

post yours then

>3 years later
>People still complaining abt foliage

This place never changes

hey man. i have no interest in creating as commercial music as you do or anything but it seems you got your music out there in some way. i know you viraled your shit on here all the time and stuff but what other methods did you use to get noticed? did you send demos to labels? submit to music blogs and journals? be involved in local communities and gain attention that way?

First thing I've done, don't really know how to describe it but I guess

of49.bandcamp.com/releases

>Instrumental
>Lo-fi
>Basically an album of interludes

>QOTD
Absolutely not

I'm shit at describing music, but oh well...

The production on this is really crisp. The album's got a really good tempo to it as a whole. I can't quite qualify why (maybe the vocals) but this reminds me of a more upbeat American Football

I really like this too. The songs have a really good structure to them, and the interplay of guitars is fantastic
Hadal is comfy as fuck

>74049945
Starts off very abrasive - though I'm not sure if I like that or not. It comes across as very abstract, and a lot darker than I imagined it would judging from the album cover. Rotation is great

I didn't imagine this was going to be as warm as it is

I complained about Foliage before it was cool!

> Nice to hear noise that is actually not aurally fatiguing.

These days I try to blend noise with ambient so it becomes a wall of sounds you can throw yourself into.

I tried to listen to your Bandcamp but rock is just not my kind of genre. So I can't really comment on it.

I'm Thanks for the feedback, I like a lot of your stuff, its really pretty and some of feels like a film score. The scoring itself reminds me a bit of TNT era Tortoise, definitely potential here.

I don't get it?

retrieval.bandcamp.com

>shoegaze
>dream pop
>reverb
>fuzz

NEW ALBUM OUT

Niiiice

>bedroom folk album about being a NEET and wasting my life on Sup Forums
>just vocals and one instrument, sometimes two
>[spoiler]lyrics are only good part[/spoiler]

branton-g.bandcamp.com/album/if-the-wind-blows-nameless

>it's another bandcamp thread where the same 15 guys post their links and leave

I've been commenting

Just started listening to this and I'm very impressed. Also I had no idea there were Tunisian musicbros on here.

desu most of the regular posters are pretty good about leaving feedback and participating in the threads

>Precipitating beauty and truth into rivers of sound and words.

Are you fucking kidding me. You realize how pretentious that sounds right?

>QOTD:

Of course!

acobhutto.bandcamp.com

>Experimental, Various Genres

>TWO BRAND NEW ALBUMS

>Into The Storm.
>Alt-Country, Ambient, Bedroom Pop, Folk, Folktronica, Freak Folk, Healing, Lo-Fi, Mental Health, Orchestral Pop, Singer-Songwriter, Soul.

>Where's The Humanity?
>Ambient, Chillwave, Field Recordings, Hypnagogic Pop, Lo-Fi, Musique Concrete, Noise, Progressive Electronic, Synthpop, Vaporwave.

Support, scrobble, or review on RYM. Any feedback of any kind would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. :)

Buds

That's how I want to describe my music, faggot.

>it's another anonymous user complaining

lmao, so I guess that's a no?

ur missin, a J, bb

Confirmed for not even clicking on a song. My music is about the things I think about. It can be hard to put the specifics of abstractions into words. Not pretentious when I genuinely mean it.

>My music is about the things I think about. It can be hard to put the specifics of abstractions into words.

Wait wait, hold up.... your music is about the things you think about? And you attempt to distill those amorphous mental abstractions into words??

You mean that thing that literally every other songwriter does???

Holy moly dude, you've done changed my mind. Merely participating in the songwriting process is more than enough to justify calling your product "beauty and truth" in the form of rivers of...words? Yeah words, that's good stuff.

For the record I think your music is fine for what it is. You're a good singer and the songwriting is competent enough but jesus christ get over yourself. If Bob Dylan said that kind of shit about his music I'd roll my eyes, much less when unknown-acoustic-bandcamp-artist #36443 does it.

It seems quite grandiose, esp. for a bandcamp record

Oh yeah, and the fact that you seem to genuinely mean it is exactly what makes it pretentious.

slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/impression-obsession

>no-fi
>musique concrete
>hypnagogic

They influence the way I approach making music.

recs:

God forbid I don't just write "good vibes" as my bio. There's nothing wrong with using more words than usual to describe something obvious. We live in a time where language is rapidly devolving and sincere meaning becomes less and less expressible. Being genuine about sensitive emotions is not bad. Don't call something pretentious just because it isn't how you would do it.

I'm not trying to sell this to anyone but myself. I don't put downloads behind a paywall. But I'll change it to appease you, user. Just because you took the time to argue with me and because I don't care either way so long as people click play.

elemantraband.bandcamp.com

>shoegaze/dream pop
>post punk
>FFO: The Cure, The Smashing Pumpkins, Dinosaur Jr, Built To Spill, Ride

Leaving for tour tomorrow, check our Facebook for dates. It'd be rad if a Sup Forums fucker caught us live. Also the new album will be out in a month or 2

>QOTD
I would say yes . I've taken heavy influence from doom metal, hip hop, death metal, or folk in a lot of ways but our music obviously doesn't sound much like those genres. If you box yourself in and listen to only the genre you make I feel like you increase your chances of sounding samey and derivative. If you wannabe a cunt and get popular quick just mix two genres together and try to make it relatively coherent. But really yes I think all your favorite artists should inspire you. That's what makes a good artist: being inspired and being able to channel those varied inspirations into something new and original

>We live in a time where language is rapidly devolving and sincere meaning becomes less and less expressible

No we don't. There's nothing wrong with 'being genuine about sensitive emotions', but what you wrote didn't concern 'sensitive emotions'; you're just describing your songwriting. Referring to your own work as beautiful and truthful is really self-congratulatory and thus pretentious.

>But I'll change it to appease you, user.

Don't defend yourself and do that - that's just weak.

You had some interesting ideas and sounds here but you never really let the song breathe and find its full capacity. Feels a bit under-cooked.

I'm not trying to discount sincerity, I'm saying that the fact that it's sincere doesn't make it any less pretentious. It's a banal metaphor that suggests a kind of significance that very little music would be able to live up to.

I don't care what the fuck you do, keep it if it makes you happy, I'm just saying that's how it comes off.

ketchup-rice.bandcamp.com/

>Indie, lofi, bedroom pop

rec love the puppysoul stuff
love this funky jamming kinda stuff

My intention was not at all to refer to my music as beautiful or truthful. What I meant by that was that I had experienced beauty and truth and want my music to be the consequence of that.

Your feedback is valuable to me. I want to change it because clearly I didn't do a good job of communicating my point. I'm actually obsessed with making my presentation perfect so this is good for me. Don't think that's weak; it's just a bio.

tantrumthrowers.bandcamp.com/album/tth
>space rock, lo-fi, ethereal, psychedelic

airbornmartin.bandcamp.com/track/this-is-just

>techno, deep
>cyberpunk
>dystopia

Good participation

i will be feedbacking your stuff on twitch stream so feel free to join in and link your material there

airbornmartin - username

ERRYBODY GET IN HERE

>sax in experimental muzak

What artists have you given feedback to on the stream so far?

Make some longer music and you'll have a hit. Real smooth. Actual ability here.

I think he's just moving backwards through the thread

Peeps here have complained about foliage and polysemy since their first few tracks

COOL KIDS GET IN HERE

THIS IS THE FUTURE

This is interestingly comfy. Join in.

gurglesplat.bandcamp.com/album/5th

>music

Come listen to all this music with fellow Sup Forumstants. Let's actually talk about it

This is a really cool idea. Can't join this time but I hope this becomes common