Share your retail/food horror stories. I'll start

Share your retail/food horror stories. I'll start

>be me
>be dishwasher
>at the Boston Market I worked at dishwasher was the worst job
>they stick all new hires on dishwasher cause no one wants to do it
>everything is hand washed, no washer
>first day, 8hr shift
>by the end of the first day my asshole is clenched and my back hurts so much I pop four aspirins
>second day
>do same shit as first day but dinner rush hits
>plates and containers piling up
>shit shit shit
>prioritize containers because the Boston market has a literal stockpile of dishes up front
>9 o clock hits
>scrubbing macaroni out of pan when dumb bimbo walks around corner
>um, hey, did u know that all the dishes need to be washed by 10 so I can go home
>really depresses me because I know I won't go home till at least 11 thirty and I have to drain the sinks to prepare for the plates
>dinner rush stack higher than my six foot body
>clear out everything for dishes, main sink empty
>scrub so hard and bend over so long I get the shakes every time I bend over
>get the plates done just shy of ten with blond bimbo giving me a glare
>help me bitch, don't just stare at me
>then the mother load comes
>ten o clock is closing time so they bring all of the containers from the front and dump them in your sink
>watch everyone else leave but the assistant manager who is mopping the floors
>finish at 11:30 broken from the turbo drive
>have to do it tomorrow again

This happened two weeks ago and I'm still waiting for a dinner rush to hit me that hard.

>be me
>be retail at best buy
>work cashier but sometimes needed floor
>asshole manager is an asshole and assigns me floor instead of cash register where I can browse 4chinz on my phone
>30min later a group of ghetto negroes walk on
>start browsing around while screeching "what are those!" loudly
>other customers look on in curiosity
>bumbling negroes run into me while I was bringing stock to shelves
>"eyyo white boi, where the headphones at"
>redirect them to headphones, mumbled ebonics behind me
>not 5 min later they try to walk out of store with clearly newer headphones
>the fucking broken plastic cases are hanging out of their back pockets
>manager stops them
>they get really aggressive and take off
>get plate luckily
>transfer to police

Pretty fucking stupid and inefficient of them not to have a dishwasher. Sucks Sup Forumsro

umm all ur doing is washing dishes how hard can that be? why would ur back and asshole hurt from that? unless ur manager is shoving a dick up ur ass while ur cleaning lol. Dont worry wash enough dishes and maybe you will be washing lettuce or mopping the floor next

god i fucking hate niggers

>inb4 "go back to Sup Forums
fuck off. i just cant fucking stand them

>be me
>buy food
>always niggers

This is either terrible bait or you're so young you've used a dishwasher all your life and are too young to be on this board.

This did not happen.

You've never actually worked, have you? And starting a sentence with "umm" makes you sound like a braindead teenage girl

This was my first job when I was 16. I eventually moved up but the first month was so ass I thought I would quit if I didn't get moved up. Thankfully they hired someone new and they got the dish burden. But dishes is hard work without a dishwasher, especially during "rushes" or high amounts of people hitting the restaraunt at once

It did. They shoplifted and probably got caught. Summer was over by that week and I put in my two week notice earlier, so that was one of my last days so I didn't hear the story.

That was my first job ever and believe me it sucks balls. The Mexicans that won't speak a lick of English to you are partying and seem to enjoy it. Meanwhile, every other worker in the restaurant treats you like shit and a slave. Throw away any chance of banging that hot waitress that smirked at you. It sucks ass and made me appreciate future jobs.

Actually I dont own a dishwasher and wash my own dishes and im probably older or same age as you
I just came from 8 hour shift at work. and Not just washing dishes. actually lifting boxes, stacking shelfs and dealing with customers . What did you do today?
We have a new guy at work hes like 17 and
reminds me of you because hes always complaining, lazy and he probably does the least work of all of us. but now hes quitting because I think he found another job. I never worked in a restaurant washing dishes but i think u might be making it out worse that it really is.

How long did it take you to leave the dish pit? I signed up for something else at Boston Market but got stuck on dish first, not they moved me up as soon as a new hire hit. Later in life after I was dumb enough to sign up for the military, when I was in college i did dishwashing for six months and it was better because they had a machine and it was a breakfast lunch place so it closed at reasonable hours. I eventually quit because I couldn't move up to cook.

It was my first time doing manual labor, also of course I'm making it out worse than it really is. It's just most dishwasher are treated less than human and oy sucks. We get stuck in a corner of the restaraunt and don't talk to anyone besides your FOH (servers) and BOH (cooks), and usually when they talk to you it's a quick "hurry up" or "I need this stuff washed now." Or some similar complaint. After dishes, your back is sore and everyone else but youre assistant manager leaves which is really tough because you gotta stay behind.

>be me
>work in IT
>keep office at 68 degrees all year
>made 99k last year
>spend most days on Amazon
>ordered salad from Burger King
>forgot to ask for chicken
>paid $5 for iceburg lettuce

everyone hates niggers, just be sure to not also hate all black people, that would be racist.

Bump

Any tips for getting into IT? I did four years of IT related stuff in the military and have A+ and SharePoint certs. Also experience in CCNA but unfortunately wasn't allowed to test out.

>first real job was a pot wash
>had a dishwasher but more like a powered rinser
>pretty much only worked with fresh dishes with no sauces.
>everything needs scrubbed
>restaurants make everything in batches
>worst of the worst is chicken liver pate
>scrubbing blitzed chicken liver out of blenders
>can't stand smell to this day
>group bookings are the worst
>periods of no dishes followed by mountains and mountains
>motherfucking tea and coffees at the very end of the night
>any gap in dishes is filled with peeling vegetables
>have to clean floors at end of the night
>last person there every night
>steal so much desert from the pantry
>desert chef gets roasted one day for there not being enough
>empty tray in my car
>mfw

Mfw I have no face

I worked in IT with a govt contractor and the best way to get in is by knowing someone. Also, having a degree helps because they can bill more for IT services if you are college educated.

Anything with raw or overcooked chicken is rank. At my old utility position i drained the chicken blood from the carts they put them on.

tbh washing dishes was probably my favorite job that i've had so far. i was working at a campsite with my best friend, lived on campus (a bunch of cabins by a lake), had my own cabin with internet, no living expenses.

job paid like min wage but i was free to spend my money whenever because no obligations, shit was lit.

now **cleaning** all the cabins i might have some stories, holy shit. you guys hate on the blacks but there was this one group of russians who made that job hell

Good to hear, I'm working on a degree, but I've been told that degrees in that field are useless. Good thing I started with experience so I could meet people.

Haha nice dude. At my old BOF dishwashing battle station I was the last one there usually so the manager gave me a key to lock up. I took all of the edited dinner mints, dumped them in my cup holders, and ate like a king. The waiters were blamed for it too lol.

>son of neighbor's bday
>so much food
>mom's helping the neighbor cooking food and stuff
>here comes another round of crispy fried fowl
>I remember I had gravy-in-a-sachet thingy back in the kitchen
>took it and start drowning the chicken with brown liquid
>took a bite and the gravy tastes weirs
>Spits the bite and checked the sachet shit
>pour the contents of the sachet into the sink
>a cockroach began to drop covered with gravy ooze
>washed my mouth with soap and gargled alcohol afterwards

>Working at Verizon, it sucks
>Have another job lined up so I stop giving a fuck about sales or dealing with people
>Closing up one day matching receipts and the till
>Third recount in and this middle-aged Ned Flanders looking dude walks in
>Asks me about getting a line removed from his account
>relieved because we're a retailer that doesn't do that
>Tell him he has to go to the corporate store down the street a ways
>Guy IMMEDIATELY blows up at me screaming about how they told him to come here and he's not gonna get fucking jerked around anymore, he's a customer and he demands service and to have this problem fixed
>Normally I'd back off and de-escalate since I don't like confrontation, but I was in DGAF mode.
>Tell him to back the fuck off of me, we don't do that here, I couldn't even if I wanted to, and I don't feel like helping him at all now because he's treating me like a fucking asshole.
>Guy gets a little flustered and angry that I called him "dude" and swore at him, starts ranting about hating the service and he's lodging a complaint, which I encourage him to do while telling him to fuck off one last time before the door slams behind him
>Adrenaline has me running hard, totally out of character for me and I'm all amped up in a "fuck yeah, I didn't take no shit" kinda way
>a few minutes later he comes back in and I tense up
>What the fuck does this asshole want now
>Guy immediately breaks down into tears, nearly sobbing while he apologizes for shouting at me
>Tells me his wife of, like, 35 years died last week and he's trying to get her phone line closed out because he can't afford them both
>WTF
>Goes on to tell me how much he loved her and they were together since high school and she normally did all this stuff and he's not good at it and he misses her so much etc etc etc
> I Can't even speak
>He blubbers out another apology for bothering me and says he'll go back to the corporate store
>MFW I yelled at a fresh widower

Yeah they let me lock up too. I'd never trust a 17 year old to do that and not steal so maybe they expected it or something.
That job seemed like really hard work at the time but I don't know if it was just because I was young or it actually was. Happy it's in the past but think I learned a lot from it. What do you do now?

A dead wife is not an excuse to be such a huge cunt.

This is me. except that i only make 70k.

how old are you?/How long have been in doing it?

1. Get into scripting, learn Powershell.
2. Learn how to process XML- and JSON-files, both as data and as configuration for your scripts.
3. Learn Microsoft Azure, specifically learn how to do anything and everything by using Powershell, together with JSON-files.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Thank me later.

True, but I still felt bad

So it was actual Ned Flanders before Vegas Mom?

Look into DoDDs and DoDEA. They just dumped all their foreign IT contractors. Stay on USAjobs constantly and build reports on it to notify you of new jobs. Look into the GS system. Shit dude, you should know all this already if you spent 4 years in. Didn't you talk to the job counselors and shit when you ETS'd? If not, get your ass to the closest post and hit up ACS, they can help you.

All he was missing was the diddlies

but they were replaced with fuck-yous

Its a good idea. But in reality you will need more than that.

>Be me
>19 at the time, 150lbs of skinny white boy
>Working as an "AM Merchant" at costco
>stocking all of the heavy items with 4 other men, each of us get 2 isles
>I get hardlines next to liquor
>gun safes, power generators, shelving
>I am literally the smallest guy there
>do my job, work my ass off day in and day out, completing on time without fail
>boss bitches at me for being too slow
>see girls folding clothes at a slow pace
>no one complains
>girls always get the "compliment cards"
>they get paid the same
>after a while I stop caring
>one girl clocks in and takes off to the mall 3 days out of the week
>gets caught after a month
>she gets a stern talking to and nothing else
>my mom goes to hospital for a torn hernia and other issues
>I visit her in hospital after surgery
>lose track of time
>running 2 minutes late to leave for work
>speed to work and clock in 1 minute late
>my boss says "doesn't mater if it's 1 minute or an hour, late is late"
>get written up
>get laid off see: fired
>girls still working there
>go shopping at costco still
>see same people over and over
>my supervisor said I was a great employee, but the manager didn't like me

Fuck.
tl;dr
I got fired for being 1 minute late, girl keeps job for skipping work.

I've got my A+, MCSA, Win7 client, and working CCNA now, going to go into the army in a few months as a 25b because finding IT work without experience sucks penis. Just gonna be a reservist too kek.

Prolly gonna be a POG for 3 years and if I feel like dying I'll reclass to 11b and request a combat deployment. There's only one cool mos in the signal corps, but I can't get 25v in writing. :(

Yeah, check USjobs, if your sec clearance is up to date that's a big +, if you're in SoCal there's a bunch of jobs at pendleton and corinado.

Guy already has some training and experience.

>Be me
>Work at Nordic restaurant in the US
>All craft cocktails and micro brew beers
>Cool co workers, we all chill sometimes
>All help each other out all the time with hours
>Cool as fuck boss'
>Been working there since opening day
>Usually cool customers
>Relaxed as fuck

I kinda feel bad for all you guys. Sorry these shitty experiences happened to you.

Why is it so hard to believe?
>Do blacks get loud when they are in groups?
Yes.
>Do blacks take things that do not belong to them when given the opportunity?
Yes
The packaging part hanging out of back pockets doesn't add up though.

Please don't use "ur" outside of cat macros, it makes me think you learned english from texting people instead of books.

Yikes....poor dude....

Because many people on this site hate niggers and want to spread the message that niggers are bad and some of those people are willing to lie to do so.

>work at subway
>fat guy walks in
>new girl takes his order
I've seen this guy before and she was not ready for this
>wants a meatball sub with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese
>wants it toasted
>she puts it in the oven
>guy will not let the other customers order until his sandwich is done
>pretty sure he has literal autism, he's always with his mother who is in her 50s and she always pays for his food
>anyway the sandwich finishes toasting, now he wants vegetables on it
>green peppers and olives
>she opens the sandwich and melted cheese and marinara sauce spills out
>fat guy gets really pissed
>demands new sandwich
>he is yelling over some spilled sauce
>he also wants the current sandwich for free
>his mother is trying to calm him down
>new girl is in a panic
>fat guy starts screaming and throwing his hands up and down about the sandwich
>they leave
>leave the sandwich
>new girl is shocked
>manager tells her to go take a break

I still can't believe people like this actually exist

Most people on this site (and all of the cyber-anglosphere) do not learn English from books. Native speakers learn it from their family and friends.

Better to be wrong and safe than right and Get screwed over. I don't give a fuck if you think that's racist. To me, ANYONE, especially white people, who get uptight about people being racist are brainwashed idiots. And of course blacks are all about shouting racism because it absolves them of having to take responsibility.

Most people will straight up lie on Sup Forums just to gain a tiny bit of fleeting approval from anons because their daddies never loved them. Anything posted on this site has to be taken with a grain of salt.

I thought all those tendie stories were jokes?

In the case of niggers, exaggerations are unnecessary.

I'm really good at helping people find words or finish sentences, almost to the degree of Joeseph Joestar. But fuck me, I could not work at Subway for more than a week because the people ordering do not know what the fuck they want and it was wracking my nerves waiting to pounce on the right vegetable 6 times in a row with a hefty, glassy-eyed UUUUUHHHHH from our valued customer in between each one.

Being sent to one location for service that tells you you need to go back to the original location for the service is a reason to be a huge cunt. And get back to us when your mom dies asshole.

Honestly you'd think people would know what they wanted on their sandwich.

Fuck people who constantly use acronym jargon.

it sucks that the popularity contest of life doesn't really end in high school.

It's not jargon, dipshit, they're actual names of organizations.

If you don't know what they are, maybe the comment wasn't meant for you.

Lol, WHO NEEDS TO LIE!?!?!?

Dipshit? What orginization is that?

I'm in college working at an oberweiss. Much more chill place and the dishes are super easy, you just dunk the ice cream in warm water and it melts off and you drain the sink. Free ice cream and drinks for employees too.

In all fairness, people like that should be euthanised for the good of the rest of us.

>oberweiss
Not a bad first job. My friends got the torture of dishwashing and the regulations of lifeguarding and I got oberweiss. Compliments to them to providing a great work experience.

ITT: dumb, uneducated, Retailnigger Americans too stupid to even figure out really obvious bait like this. There's a reason you're busting your ass off in jobs designed for 16 year olds.

>He blubbers out another apology for bothering me and says he'll go back to the corporate store

>apoLOGy

Maybe it's because most of Sup Forums is teens?

Do you actually admit to anyone in real life you do these stupid fucking posts daily? DAILY? I mean, would you ever admit to a girl you do this every day? That you personally take the time to edit images of feces into and post over 100 pictures of Andy Sixx specifically and ask people if they would eat his shit? Do you think any woman would find this OK? Normal? Would you invite her to watch you making these images? If you would admit it, how do you think she would react? If not, why would you not admit it? Because, deep down, you know it is fucked up to be doing that?

Thats a horror story if I've ever heard one

grow up

No, I honestly just think Sup Forums has been overrun by retarded middle aged Americans who got here via Reddit/Fappening/Elections and muh mobileposting.

...What kind of backwards-ass bullshit are you trying to pull here?
The dude posting Sixx's face everywhere needs to hang himself, and here you are defending him. You're more of a doublenigger than log-poster you cum-guzzling turbo queer.

dubs logged
throat clogged

>stacking boxes and helping customers doing the night shift
Good try buddy. You're 10. When is summer over?

Do you actually admit to anyone in real life you do these stupid fucking posts daily? DAILY? I mean, would you ever admit to a girl you do this every day? That you personally take the time to edit images of feces into and post over 100 pictures of Andy Sixx specifically and ask people if they would eat his shit? Do you think any woman would find this OK? Normal? Would you invite her to watch you making these images? If you would admit it, how do you think she would react? If not, why would you not admit it? Because, deep down, you know it is fucked up to be doing that?

I'm phillipino but shave my head so I look like a light skinned black. I work a McJob and a black said "sup nigga" and I said hi back. My white manager later told me it was ok to say and I do quote "sup nigga to your homies"

grow up

Dude, that was him who said grow up. He's defending himself.

Yet you post trigger threads. Who do you think you are kidding?

grow up

grow up

>grow up
Yes, grow up to be a mature individual obsessively editing photos of literal shit and posting them to get reactions from people.
Yes, let's all grow up and be just like you.

They do, he gets paid minimum wage

>Work as a busboy in a really horrible steak-house.
>Two bosses, one is nice and doesn't speak much, helps out whenever you need it. Don't even have to ask.
>The other makes me want to smash is skull in out of suppressed rage because of how often he bitches about how bad everyone is doing.
>The busboy position only has two people working it and is the most overloaded, worst paying job available.
>Work 4 days a week, usually scheduled for the busiest days because I'm white and the other busboy is Asian, like most of the other employees.
>As a busboy, at the end of the night you should try to set up the dining room for the next day if the other busboy is working. (Try to make sure everything is completely ready, besides cleaning certain parts of the dining room.)
>I always set up the facilities in the dining room to atleast 70% completion before leaving every night.
>The other busboy leaves me NOTHING for the next day, bosses really beat it into my head that I should try to prep for the next guy to make their life easier, I guess they also told the other guy too but he didn't hear them or is retarded or something similar.
>The minute I walk in the door of the restaurant I'm almost overloaded with stress because I know I'm going to need an hour before we're ready for customers, so I have to come in half an hour early before my shift starts.
>As a busboy we don't just have to clear tables off of unwanted shit, we have like nine responsibilities we have to juggle all at once.

1/?

grow up

>be me
>1989
>working janitorial at KFC
>come in after closing, clean, go home
>walk in fridge has chickens, gigantic bags of fries and literally plastic barrels of salads
>GF comes to visit sometimes
>one night she gets frisky
>tell her there's a camera and we can't
>no camera in fridge
>she drags me there and immediately regrets it
>won't take off clothes cause of cold
>pushes me against cold steel wall and drops to her knees
>being paid to get a blowjob
>feelsgood.mpeg
>blow thick wad in her mouth
>GF didn't swallow
>GF never swallows
>starts scrambling for somewhere to spit
>opens barrel of coleslaw

To this day I won't eat a KFC salad.

>We have to constantly make sure there are enough clean forks in the dining room.
>Make sure there are enough plates in the dining room to re-set tables after guests leave.
>We have to make sure there is enough resources for customers to use (Cups for sauces, bowls for other things they order like rice.)
>Make sure there's toilet paper in the bathrooms / paper towels.
>Clear off tables, most people are fucking animals and leave shit everywhere.

We have to juggle all of this all at once for all of our shift.

>One of my bosses is constantly screaming at me to move faster and is acting like a cunt for no reason.
>On my feet for 7-8 hours a day, straight.
>Constantly lifting heavy shit, so not just my feet, but my back hurt at the end of the day.
>No matter how busy the restaurant is, there's always only one busboy, even if on weekends there's at least double or triple the amount of the other positions working.

It's so degrading. I went to school and got a degree, but this is what my life became.

Every day I step into that shithole, I get one step closer to walking straight off the edge of sanity into the abyss of suicide.

Wait wait you're telling me you went to school and still ended up with a shit job? I dropped out and now I'm making 17 an hr to sit on my ass and drive all day... fuck that job bro there is so much better out there

Nice, a summer camp?

I went on from a summer camp in US to work in Canada as a dishie (I'm Aussie).
It started out absolute shit, but I legitimately enjoyed it after awhile.

Had some really cool guys join up, cause we took care of 3-4 different outlets (huge resort) so busy nights we had up to 8 of us on and we would get the tunes going, chefs would give us song requests, so much fun had.

They won't buy a dishwasher if they keep finding retards like OP that do the work anyway.

First off:
Dubs - Checked.

Second:
I probably don't deserve anything nice. I put in effort with a lot of things in my life and nothing has ever gotten better, grew up with a shit life through and through. Maybe I'm just destined to kill myself.
I don't have a goddamn thing going for me. No car, no license, no apartment. Nothing. Just a shitty four figure job that makes me want to eat a bullet.

>Russia
>Euroniggers

>be me
>19
>hardscape paving/stonework
>literally breaking my back for 8+ hours a day, 5 days a week plus ot
>youngest coworker on my team is 17 y.o.

wait till your shift hits you as hard as a real job. but then again we were all 16 at one point too.

>be me
>work at a small local Chinese takeaway restoraunt hybrid thing, small little place
>the place is under staffed to shit
>some days I run tables some days I do the floor some days I do the dishes fuck o practically run the place while the dip shit owner sits on his sorry ass all day
>be 17 at the time and got payed below minimum but I couldn't complain because small town no other job
>not legally employed so I could work late hours
>in before afternoon shift have a fucking awful day. My psu was faulty because I cheaped out and took my motherboard with it frying the thing.
>come into work livid
>owner is always an asshole to me is rude never helps and talks shit in his ching chong broken English
>run the tables that day
>place is busy for a small town
>walk up to table to take order when I see this family of four a big discusting beer belly fuck and his hag wife sitting there with their two children running around screeching like downs
>the fucker is rude and the entire time I wanna stuff his face with shit
>I return with his order he goes "thanks faggot" and slaps me in the ass. This boils me over as I place his bowl of noodles in from of him I hock back a big snot filled ball and spit it into his food.
>the fucker stands up and pushes me I am about to blow I come swinging at the fat fuck. Am on top of him when we get broken up. I get fired and the police come threatening me with battery assault.
>I tell them the story and they drop me off home and tell my parents all about it

>thanks faggot
>HE slaps YOUR ass.

I think we both know he probably was the queer one. He probably wanter your boy hole. You must be hella cute. Or hes just hella desperate for somethin that aint a hag wife.

I had one of those fagg boy skater haircuts but I wasn't skinny, I was also active in boxing at the time so the gains were there.

So I guess he was just a fat, super gay, redneck retard.
My condolences to you user. Im glad you hocked one into his noodles.