Should I get this checked out by a doctor?

Should I get this checked out by a doctor?
Happened a week ago, fell on the pavement from a bike. I cleaned it about 5-10mins after it happened and have been bandaging it ever since.

no thats normal, let it breathe outside a bandage though so it can skab over

I was planning on that, but read that letting a wound breathe is a myth. I believed it all my life. I just changed the bandage before I showered.

I hear that pus/discharge = infection, but this could also be grandulation skin apparently, but I don't know enough to verify.

hmm idk would be more puffy i would think if it was infected, i mean it looks like every scrap from pavement ive ever had/seen

What part of ur body is that even on?

its his knee, just zoomed and cropped in a way that makes you go what the fuck

On the left side of my left foot. Right above the ball of my ankle

or elbow

>Should I get a scratch checked by a doctor
Jesus christ user, wash it, let it scab over, pick remnants of scab off a week later in satisfying fashion.

Clean that filthy wound with rubbing alcohol.

Poured hydrogen peroxide over it.

looks fine

oh my lord you are not being serious?
stop bandaging it you fucktard, let it breathe and it will heal in 5 days

Pretty sure it's too late for a doctor and you're going to die. RIP in peace faggot.

Just put some Polysporin or peroxide on it and you'll be fine, you're an adult not 5.

If I cut my foot off, I would remove the possibility of an infection and also lower the chance of me falling ever again

Thoughts?

Or ankle

Get some Povidone-iodine balm in your pharmacy.

>past the year 2000
>still thinking letting wounds breathe and scabs is a good idea

I think it might be an ankle.

Wait, that was an actual episode?

You've got two symptoms of infection but doesn't look major. Clean with rubbing alcohol or H2O2 if you're a pussy. Keep it bandage and alternate bandages with polysporin.

>shows a week old wound which isn't healed
>thinks this is a good thing

Needs air dude

never failed me faggot mcgee
>not gonna heal if you keep changing the plaster and ripping the skin off
>scabs are bad... mfw

It has to dry. Scabs are good. Wet wound breed infection.

yep, he plays as a guy who has heavy downs, it was a weird episode.

air = dried out wound
plasters = wet
wet = infection

you sir are disabled

Keep it. Clean and cover it looks like it's healing ok give to time. If It becomes inflamed and red. Got to doctor and if you start to run a fever bee it looKS good

kek
google "letting a wound breathe" and read for five minutes, then feel bad about yourself.

wash it several times a day in a shower
disinfect it afterwards

Don't use hydrogen peroxide it actually breaks down the the wound and will make the healing process take longer use iodine or rubbing alcohol to clean it if needed hydrogen peroxide is really only good for oral wounds like if you bit the side of your mouth while eating

happened to me as well Sup Forumsro, albeit a lot worse, multiple parts of the body.

(knees and palms)

It looked a lot worse than that, turning purple-ish. I freaked out, and looked it up, apparently that meant it was going to scar.

I did anti-biotic creams everyday, bandaged for a while, and it took over a month to completely heal.

It sucked but I'm basically fine. Just scars all over my knees and scar tissue on my hands.

Or I could rely on a lifetime of having minor injuries healed in the time OP presents a raw wound

Shit should be scabbed by now. I don't bandage or clean shit and my shit heals within days

>Should I get this checked out by a doctor?
mate r u kidding me spit on that fucker and forget about it

Your body knows what it's doing a whole hell of a lot more than a doctor does. Surgery and sutures/bracings/graftings all take advantage of the body's natural healing capabilities, they just hold the damage in place so it doesnt get more fucked up while it heals. There is absolutely no reason to bandage a wound small enough for a bandage to cover it, it's not going to cause you to bleed out and it'd heal faster on its own.

infection doens't look bad it does however look like its having trouble closing due to the location... i asume on the boney bump on your ankle you may need stitches to hold it closed long enough for it to heal

>you may need stiches

nigger are you kiddin me

No, he called 911 5 minutes ago in case OP bled out

JUST FUCK OFF AND LEAVE IT ALONE YOU CUNTY MISERSBLE MILLENNIAL FAGGOT PUSSY!!!

RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

>stitches
What the fuck kind of faggot are you

This

Bandage vertically to prevent skin movement ripping it open when joint moves.

Thats a scrape not a wound you fucking pussy. Nice shirt OP.

so your really going to goto a dermatologist, or waste 200$ at a normal doctor or goto an EMC (ghetto clinic) and get 3 medications you didnt need for symptoms you just happened to have while you find out you have "this" btw thats 900$^

No homeboy its a fucking infection, get over it.

S O D O L A Y
O
D
O
L
A
Y

Shits fine niggah.

Just slap a plaster on that shit and give no fucks.

red starts spreading on the skin around it then you gotta worry.

you should pay attention to this