Pathological liars

Pathological liars.

Any anons pathological liars? Diagnosed or undiagnosed.
If so, can you shed any light on why you lie?
Most reasons given by Docs seems to refer to early childhood trauma, sexual assault or molestation by family member. Is this true? Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Also, any stories of dealing with a pathological liar or relationship with one thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9PyNlSztFq4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-cOoD6FNLbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP here.
Think it's too early in the morning for some good input on this from anons.
If it 404's, I'll post later.

It doesn't matter what I answer to you because if I'm a pathological liar you can't tell wether I'm telling the truth, but fyi I lie 90% of the time because it's extremely useful and for kek, and yes it's because of my parents I trust no one.
Also bearing in mind most of us on here are sociopaths most of us are also pathological liars.

Why so edgy user?

I mean you can find 'em a dime a dozen on the internet. Do you think pathological lying as stated on the internet is actually pathological lying? There are a lot of absentee factors on the internet-- not the least of which being the onus of accountability.

I mean, I've seen catfish on the internet. Knew one chick who ended up years under someone's radar.

A (once) good friend of mine recently married. She's a reprehensible human being; everything is about her. Everything you mention near her... she has a story. Anything that happened to her... was because it's her. Anything you're doing... she'll relate to it with some tidbit about her life. She's this overbloated whale of a woman who claimed to be on a diet while she sat on the apartment floor, forcing a bag of doritos to deep-throat that strangled ham she calls an arm. Frankly, if I could hit her, I'd probably do it just for fun.

I'm pretty sure she wants to fuck me; she sings the 'oh I'm so gr8' thing to her boy but she's got new shit every time I'm near her. It's either getting right up in my face, one time she grabbed my butt and flashed me at a party, she's always trying to softly counter my points to edge in on any discussion I have...

Anyway, I think she's a fucking compulsive liar; I think anytime she hears shit, she has to include herself, no matter how vicariously that is. She'll reach for the strangest stories just to try and tie a point back. And it's all the wildest shit; like whether they're all true or some of them are or none of them are, they're all coming from a woman who said she was on a diet. So she asked us to get her some McDick's for her as well (when we self-admitted fatasses were going for some); I also recently caught her pining for ribs at our local event, which I don't think classifies as a diet of any kind.

If I end up single, I might hatefuck her. The guy is no better, he's taken all of her habits and he's some six years her senior. Fucking reprehensible, both of them.

Thanks user.
Sorry you don't trust anyone, tho I do believe you'd tell the truth here anonymously on this subject.

Most anons here are usually fucking around for keks when lying here. I type some of the most degenerate replies here but am one of the most honest people you'd find irl. I believe most here are too.

Any way you could elaborate on what your folks did that makes you lie?

It's just a bad habit to reduce anxiety or give instant gratification

She sounds like a fucking nightmare user. Hope you get to hate fuck her!!

I tell the truth anonymously because I have nothing to gain out of lying here, in fact I can only win because most pathological liars like myself lie to get attention or because it will keep us out of trouble. But I'm definitely not just a liar probably a sociopath, I haven't been diagnosed but I match the description pretty well.

Do you honestly expect a pathologicall liar to tell you the truth?

The sad thing is she isn't that hot, so if I got sauced (which I'd virtually need to be) I'd probably go whiskey-limp dick and say 'fuggit', blame her and leave her with what that does. Somebody who builds themselves by misusing the trust of others should have a taste of it.

The good news is that the same social circle ends up with a gal I'd very much like to fuck like a rabid alleycat. So, if ever I end up in the situation to fuck the awful liar, I'll probably end up in a situation to fuck the good one, and I can probably get that rather easily.

coworker of mine is. First it started with tall tales. He would always one up everyone's story. Nobody cared, just rolled their eyes and moved on. Then it started moving on to excuses on how to get out of work without getting fired, or how to be put on light duty with no consequences.
>"My wife is in the ER."
>"My wife is in the ER again."
>"My kid got sick at school" (still uses this one at least once a month.)
>"My car broke down."
>"I hurt my back rearranging the house."

A lot of those sound plausible. Problem is he uses them almost every day. He's talked to HR so many times about absolute bullshit. He got himself put on all morning shifts because "my wife is too sick to care for the kids" only to find out he goes and plays Xwing after work. He got put on light duty for a month because "I hurt my back" and yet he walks around just fine, wears no brace, buys plenty of heavy shit at the store etc...

Anonymously? Yes in this case it brings attention and that is what we seek. But most of us are normally socio- or psychopaths because it's hard to lie pathologically when you feel regret.

Thanks user.
Any idea why you do it? Do you think you can trace it back to a single even, series of events or a situation?
OP

I do. In this thread. What repercussions come from /b? None.
OP

Thanks for your honesty user.
Do you think you're one?
OP

Personally I do it because it either keeps me out of trouble or out of doing things, or just to get at someone, example:

>Me and brother eating dinner on terrace
>Will be arguing as usual
>Look at him straight in the eye and pour my drink on the floor
>Go in and tell parents he keep bitching and had a hissy-fit and poured his drink on the floor and he should clean it up

I normally get caught out for stupid stuff like that because I can't help myself from laughing when my brother comes in and gets angry.

I can't trace it back to a single event but as previously stated I'm probably a sociopath, I do stuff to harm people intentionally, I live for money and power and I feel no regret when I hurt people, they just shouldn't have gotten in my way, I've never really felt love or empathy, I have a hard time reading peoples emotions. I've always known I was different to others, and trouble follows me everywhere.

More a socio- or psychopath,
I put up a good show everyday so people don't find out how I really feel.

I haven't been diagnosed yet because It could get in my way in the future

It's very hard for me to put into words what it's like, because my mind is often cloudy, but I can give you examples

Thanks user. I appreciate your honesty and insight on this.
You obviously recognize this part of your personality, and you seem to me as maybe recognizing that this causes you to lose out on real connections of love and trust.
Do you with you weren't like this? And do you really feel no regret whatsoever? Even later, after the heat of whatever situation made you lie?

Please do user. And thank you.
OP

I trust no one, so I tell everyone whatever is convenient.

Thanks user. Do you ever feel regret?
Is there a root cause you recognize?
OP.

>Catalog
I do recognise this part of my personality and to me it is an advantage, I'm not tethered down by emotions that could get in the way of my goals like a normal person. I hate people in general, but I still do have a few good friends who I wouldn't backstab for no reason, but that being said nothing is impossible. I see people a accomplices, opportunities, and victims, mere components in my great plan. same as this user for trust, and as for love, I do not love my family like most people I feel nothing, and as for the laddies I get a crush and delusions, it only lasts a week or so and then nothing, it's not so much the fact I where to love them but the fact they love me.
I love myself more than anything, and what others to do the same.

When it come to regret I don't feel bad for the people I've hurt, I will get stressed in the heat of the moment about getting caught, but no remorse

only regret times it hasn't worked lol

lemme expand on this, I can't trust people and open up to anyone as compromising my defenses in such a way is dumb, which I try not to be

it's how I am, and while I have occasionally considered the possibility trying to do it, I know I'd never drop my guard that bad

not much I can do to change this/why bother changing this anyway so what's the point in feeling regret about it?

I am not clinically diagnosed as a pathological liar but I unintentionally lie, I'd say 70% of what I say. Thing is, I'm a good liar and people believe things I say. I lie to gain trust of others or to appear significant in their eyes to gain respect as well, or simply to emotionally manipulate loved ones.

I absolutely HATE that I lie but I can't seem to stop, and it's been occuring for the entirety of my life and I hate myself immensly for it. I was molested when very young but not sure if that took a roll in anything.

I really appreciate your honesty user.
I've another follow up, if you don't mind.

Could you tell me how you'd feel, react, or change if you were presented with all your lies at once.
If a group of people you've lied to and hurt badly by it, presented all your obvious lies to you, but also with the obvious proof that you lied.
Kind of like an intervention. Would you lie more, blow your top and walk out, or listen and change. If of course the people confronting you said they cared for you.
Thanks user,
OP

Ok examples,

>Anger and hate :

It's never my fault always someone else's, and that makes me angry.

>Lying

this and to hurt people

>What make you cry makes me laugh
Other's pain is my joy

>Where I go trouble goes
I get bored of things and people very fast, so I will try to convince them to do things I wouldn't possibly getting them in trouble or danger because to me it's funny

Me, "user jump off the bridge, looks fun, don't worry the water is deep enough"

user, "fuck off, you do it"

Me, "Ok let's do it together"

user, "fine"

>Manipulation

And a lot of it

this, probably why I've never had a gf

Can't think of any more off the top of my head because most of it is unintentional

Ok, It depends,
If there where consequences to that meeting i.e if I where to laugh it off it would get me in trouble or I would loose some accomplices, I would lie more and put the blame on someone else or no one, play with their feelings, I have none, use it to my advantage.

Now if it where people I didn't like or didn't really know and none of it would affect my plans I would kek very hard at the fact they got played so bad and tell them to do one.

I think one of my buddies is one. He keeps making up shit without a proper reason behind it. (I've found out often enougth that he lied to assume that almost everything he told me where it would be impossible for me to disprove it was made up.) I think he maybe wants to sound intresting and makes up shit in order to keep a conversation going. He's probably in it for the attention.

Thank you for your honesty user. And I'm sorry that happened to you when you were younger. It does seem to be a thread running thru all I've been reading about lying.
You sound like a good person who recognizes the hurt is causes.
Do you have very low self esteem?
OP.

Thanks user.
If the situation was an affidavit you swore, but knew it was all lies, and the consequence was perjury and jail.
How might you react? Would it just be self preservation at all costs? Say anything?
Thanks,
OP

I'm gonna let in on a little story OP, my special treat on what kind of things I capable of.

So my family is pretty fucked, no one trust each other....bla bla bla... basically dysfunctional and probably most of us are mentally ill, that's probably where I get it from.....
So Dad and Granny never really gotten along, Aunty has always been her favourite, until I, the favourite grandson comes along, Granny only one in family who is cool with me (probably because we are both sociopaths). Fast forward a few years, argument between dad and Granny get worse, (we live in different countries so rarely see her, we mainly speak by phone), calls become less frequent. Around same time Grandad dies, and Auntie has kid, him and me are now favourite grandsons, I don't like to share, but it's not his fault he was dragged into this miserable existance, Aunties fault. Ffw a few years things get real bad, dad goes back, Gran on verge of death, cancer, this is where shit hits the fan.

part 1

I just realized that all of my friends probably think I am a pathological liar but I am actually dead honest and just very private about my life, no facebook or anything. So occasionally while drinking I will mention something that is going on in my life (like my success in investing, or my 3 way with my gf and her niece) and they probably think I am full of shit lol.

I'm the same user

Thanks user.
Your friend sounds young. I know the ages of anons here run the whole scale.
If it's for attention and not malicious, they may grow out of it.
OP

As a young lad, through middle school and beginning of HS, I had the lowest self-esteem. But through my later years of HS I recognized that I had good looks and with simple switches to my attire, I would actually be quite good looking. So I did and would be considered "the cute shy-guy" (Not wanting to sound pretentious)

But to answer your question, yes and no.

People state I have great musical talents and good looks, which equals to feeling AMAZING 24/7 and getting a model-like girlfriend. In reality, I think I'd be best off dying alone. All I have in mind is the hurt I've caused on others and feel horrible for what I've done and continue doing in life to my "friends" (I really don't deserve them) ESPECIALLY with my ex's. I lied to them about being in critical condition in the hospital, can you believe that? I'm having a cathartic moment so I'll stop now

Do you have a reason to doubt him?

So dad, sets up power of attorney to be split between him and Auntie, carers, everything
Has to come home for a while to get arthritis medication and is going back.
During that time Auntie (From now on I'm gonna call her Bitch) come to visit and takes full power of attorney and basically poisons Grannies mind against us.

>Fucking whore

Starts making her sign documents so she can empty her bank account and does a whole lot of other shit.

This is where it gets interesting,

Part 2

Being private is OK user. Keep having fun!
OP

Thanks user. Sorry. Didn't realize.
OP

I also offer them the opportunity to invest through me with very little risk involved but it is not like they have any money to invest.....it all goes to weed.

>If it's for attention and not malicious
Partially,well - for the most part. He did take advantage of my kind nature and had me pull him through several courses of university without doing much because *insert excuse here*. I cannot verify if these were made up.
What i can verify is that within lots of discussions he'd come up with random "facts" which usually turned out to be simply wrong and made up. When i confronted him he'd dodge the issue. At some point he admitted that he regularly "spices up" stories when telling them which was when i got suspicious and took a closer look at our conversations. Till that point i would have never imagined that there are people out there who lie without a good reason, people who casually and constantly do it.
I still meet with him and talk shit and get drunk because he's fun to be around and to crack offensive jokes with but i've stopped assuming he ever sais the truth.

Thanks so much for your honesty user.
You sound like a good person who realizes the hurt caused, but I also believe that that is your strength if you decided to change.
Thanks for opening up user. I hope it helped.
OP

Being a sociopath I have picked up some stuff about her from my mum when she was drunk,

Step 1:

I'm gonna go back to se Gran and spread doubt about bitch, even if she doesn't believe me it doesn't matter, the doubt will be there in her mind, and I will manipulate it so it looks like I'm just giving friendly advice.

Step 2:

Tell Bitch's husband about shit she has been talking about him, same as above about him believing me.

Step 3:

Wait till Granny dies and leaves everything to Bitch

Step 4:

Haven't quit figured how I'm gonna do this part yet but I'm betting any money she is gonna leave her husband after all of this and take the kid. I'm gonna take sides with him for then and turn her into a heroin addict by spiking her food and getting evidence to give to his lawyer.

Step 5:

Frame her for a serious crime and get her to sign over her full estate to charity if she doesn't want to go to prison.

Step 6:

Send her to prison

Step 7:

Visit her and make her believe it is her fault just for my keks.

And for your curiosity, all of this I'm gonna do I will fell no remorse for, even if it ruins my cousin's life, her husbands life, And anyone else I will hurt in the process.

still same user

Just planing evil like that gives me a boner

I do at times get depressed but otherwise I consider myself above others

Thank you, OP. You seem like a kind man as well. In all the cacaphony of negativity that is thrown around on the internet, I'm always glad to see someone genuine such as yourself stick around and be of assistance to others. Have a good day, man. Take care of yourself.

This makes me appreciate my family a lot more.

Let's put it this way I have to live with a cunty brother, a bitchy drunk mum, and a really obnoxious dad who get's up in the afternoon and starts to drink all day on Facebook and just bitches about anything. I'm the only one with a job, and they are trying to kick me out because "I cost to much in bills" taking into account they spend more on wine than they do on shopping. I live with the scum of society so being psychopathic is the only way to deal with these normies.

That sounds like a lot of work user. But not a good situation to be in. I do hope it works out for you and brings you what you need. I am in no way judgmental, tho if I was a friend I'd encourage you to separate yourself geographically and emotionally from your family to find a better, more peaceful place.
Thanks user. I appreciate you sharing.
OP.

You too user. I wish all the best in the world to you.
OP

brother in law is a pathological liar, haven't seen him in about 5 years, knew him since he was 15, his dad was an alcohol that was more or less out of the picture that may have been the source of his anger, very smart guy, nice enough but you can just tell he'd sell your cock and balls for a cigarette (and lie about it of course) the scary thing is he was an airborne trooper then later a sheriff deputy, fired for stealing shit from the evidence room, not positive but I believe he moved to another state to find another police job

No no no no no......I've been pissed off.....you don't want to piss me off.....My life has no goal, I have nothing to live for other than hatred, she gave me a reason to live, I will not give up until I have burnt them into the ground and anyone who tries to stop me. Only then will I separate myself from what is left of them.

I had a pathological liar as a friend. Just anything and everything out of his mouth was an obvious lie. Pretty sure he was also sociopathic.

Always elaborate stories of his experiences wherein he was always a hero. Always had new girlfriends who fell for his bullshit that would last like a few weeks before they realised he was full of shit.

>causes

His father was very level headed. His parents seperated when they were young. His mother was an extremely kind hearted person before she passed, she herself wasnt a liar but i can say she was extremely insecure and incredibly vain.

Im no psychologist, but she had custody, and he didnt get much attention as a child. She worked extremely hard (had her own business) and she was always dating. Just new boyfriends constantly, and she was very invested in the relationships.

She bought him endless video games to keep him distracted.

I feel like he developed a strong mind for fantasy and escapism, and always had to compete hard for attention from his mother. I guess he learned elaborate tales was the best way to get love and attention.

Because thats all he was. Fantastical whimsical tales that were almost insulting to the intelligence of anyone listening.

He was unbelievably convincing, though. I swear it wasnt until anyone walked away from him that they thought it over and realised it was bullshit.

For some people new to him it took a few stories to realise no one could have that many unbelievable experiences in a lifetime.

>dealing with him.

Impossible. He came first. Constantly. He said anything for affirmation, and hed throw you under the bus or destroy your name and peoples impressions of you if it meant getting ahead in a social circle or getting a girl. Especially getting ahead with a girl. Love and sex and was his main source of affirmation. He hit on any girl from any spectrum.

He lost all of his core friends, and everyones lives improved greatly not having him around.

also, he is my sister's ex-husband, they had 3 kids together in 4 years before he told her marriage wasn't his thing, at least he wasn't lying about that he's been married and divorced twice since then

Just because it's the easy way out, in my case. Remember, it's only lying if you get caught. The important thing here is, you need to belive your lie, otherwise, everybody will see trough it

Ah. That's clearer user. I'm happy to hear you've a plan for after, that involves you separating from this. I feel you've been wronged and want some justice and closure for it, rather than just pointless lying.
Thanks user. I'm wishing you peace in your life.
OP

Liar detected

He sounds like a worthless person, and not even close to being a man by leaving his kids. I hope your sister is in a better place now.
OP

Thanks user. Do you ever feel remorse?
OP

Thanks for sharing your experience user.
I'm glad your life is better now without that.
OP

Wasnt all bad. I met my fiancee (5 years) through him. He made our first year rocky as fuck because she didnt know me well and he was jealous and destroyed her image of me.

She was confused as fuck about me for a long time.

Were all good now. On the one hand that whole fiasco was what did it for him once and for all for me. On the other, no her without him.

A silver lining user. And you've a great perspective on it.
Congratulations on your girl also user. I hope you guys have an amazing life together.
OP

I often lie and its curious to me because i do it so often i forget sometimes my lies are lies, but i almost always remember to never tell contradicting lies. Sometimes i lie to make life more interesting and i obv lie to avoid trouble but recently ive made an effort to be as good as possible and ive realized what a scumbag i can be. When i was younger id hate ppl for treating me differently but i realize now why they did. On the plus side i am immune to manipulation and i can read ppl very well now. I try to be virtuous but i still lie to spice up situations or i exaggerate stories but i rarely tell huge lies like i used too.

Heres my best youtube vid
Maybe itll help you understand me.
Please comment or rate also
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9PyNlSztFq4

You whiny pussy lol

Thanks user.
You seem to have made a great change in your life for the better. I believe you'll be happier for it, and make those around you better.
OP

Yea i just want to be a better guy everyday
I used to smoke meth and i lost my soulmate because of my lying and my drug use. It put things in perspective.

Did u watch my vid???

Cx

Sorry you lost so much user.
I did watch your video. Beautiful dog.

Yea her real name is actually sugar lol
We gave her an alias for the vid.
Thanks for watching it is my passion to make these weird vids but i havent been able to for 6 months cuz i fucked up my life. But strangely im happy for the first time in a while

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-cOoD6FNLbs
Thas my lil bro

I'm glad you're happy again user. Keep on the path you're on, and doing the videos if they bring you that happiness.
OP

Learned it from my mother. I don't know where she got it, but nothing that comes out of her mouth is the truth. For no reason. It's fucking frustrating, but funny at the same time. She'll lie to cover up shit that would be of benifit to her just in case it isn't. For almost my entire life, and it's a long one kids, my first instinct is to lie, whenever I open my mouth. I swear I could pass a lie detector test, because the shit that comes out of my mouth, I feel; everything from the details to the raw emotions felt during an event that never occured. Liers, deep true ones, know truth better than you. You may stumble through the details of an incident, but a patholocical liars, know the effect the pained look on little girl's face and even her back story, as she's an unidentified bystander tovan accident that never occured. Like Michaelangelo would get the faces he put on the Sistine Chapel, from real people he encountered, we base charechters in our excusses and tales on real people and like a method actor, draw from real emotions barely related to whatever tripe we're spewing. I've been busted bad and humiliated over it, but really only recently. I hate that in my mother and I hated it in myself. I couldn't respect her or me, but finally I'm starting to make real progress. I'm getting older and I don't want to die, without anyone really knowing me, except those that know me to be a liar and nothing more. I never meant harm, but I caused a great deal. I made promises and people built their life's around my lies. It broke their hearts to see that they loved and staked their future on an illusion. It's a bitch changing, but I'm trying as best I can. I can now admit to someone the most embarrassing thing abiut myself, but a second later have to stop myself from lying about why I was late to coffee. Funny huh? The reason I was late was because of something as innocent as, I got up late, but I have to catch myself and not blurt out "heavy traffic on I-this or that."

i always lie

I think I'm close to one because I lie about really inane shit seemingly compulsively. Someone will ask me what I'm doing Friday and I'll completely make something up with no end goal in mind. Maybe they'll ask me where I bought my shoes and I'll lie about where, again, for seemingly no reason. People ask me about how much something I have costs and I lie. Maybe by pennies for no discernible reason. "What's your favorite food user?" I'll lie just for the fuck of it. Someone will be talking to me and explaining something and I'll pretend I don't understand just so they repeat themselves seriously and I do it without even flinching. Sometimes I just shitpost complete lies for no reason on chans and have full on conversations that are actually just empty because none of it's true. I even lied in this post. You'll never catch me

Thanks for sharing your story user.
I'm really happy that you're making a change for the better.
Have you ever thought of apologizing straight to the people you've hurt (so badly it seems)?
Maybe ask for forgiveness? I think you might be surprised. And use the strength that gives you to keep moving forward with change.
OP

Thanks user.
Do you ever feel any regret?
OP

I usually don't lie about anything that could actually harm anyone or that would be of any significance so not really. I'm a little concerned as to why I do it though because again, none of my lies have any actual goal or reason behind them, it's closer to a reflex. If I were to lie about something really bad which I have before in the far past, it usually stresses me out a lot and ends up becoming more trouble than it's worth and those lies were never compulsive I think they were just your typical lie any average person would have gone with out of stupidity or just embarrassment.

My best friend is exactly like that. He just 'spices' up things and lies completely about total bullshit that isn't even worth lying about, like what he ate for dinner, what he weighs, what size shoes he wears. He's a really trustworthy guy, but a complete pathological liar. He's also bipolar tho

Thanks user.
I understand what you are saying when you talk about small cover to save embarrassment. You seem like a good person, and not malicious.
If you want to change, and let go of that reflex, I hope you can.
Thanks for sharing.
OP

Have you ever thought of saying it to him? In a respectful way, of course. It might be something that later on, he'd really appreciate.
OP

Yes. We are incredibly close, I've known him since I was nearly born. I often call him out on some shit, he just dismisses it. Most people can't even tell he's lying, but I've known him long enough to be able to tell 75% of the time. I think he does it a lot to fill conversations as he's incredibly talkative and can talk for 4 hours without stopping. His lies have never impacted me so I don't mind but it's annoying when I'm listening to him tell me he's moving abroad next year for the 8th time.

I think the words "diagnosed pathological liar" is one of the most depressing things I've ever heard of.

"No, he's not a cunt. He's got a disease."

Seriously, fuck people.

Sociopaths and pathological liars are not the same thing. Pathological liars lie just for the sake of lying and can't stop themselves. Sociopaths don't care about lying one way or the other, they say what they need to say to get what they want and if that happens to align with the truth, then they tell the truth.

>I lie 90% of the time because it's extremely useful and for kek
That's not what a pathological liar does.
Pathological liars cannot help but lie. It's compulsive for them.
Someone who lies for his own gain and amusement is not a pathological liar.

This guy gets it, too.

They're probs just gonna lie about it.
I worked with a guy would make up about 20 lies a day. I think it's an ego lifting mechanism. Also may be an in to make you trust them, given that you'd be naive enough to believe them