Been trying to quit drinking. Anyone have experience with severe anxiety while trying to quit?

Been trying to quit drinking. Anyone have experience with severe anxiety while trying to quit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_tremens
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Open my computer,
Open my documents,
Delete friends folder files and replace the files, they're corrupted, bad sector.

Start smoking weed.

I appreciate the reply. I rarely ever smoke honestly.

How long and how much have you been drinking?

Nightly for about 7 years. Maybe 5 beers to a 12 pack and then drinking liquor on the weekends usually heavily. Every night after work I'd need my alcohol.

I just wanna know if anxiety is a thing people quitting go through. 'Cuz this shit is bad and having anxiety makes you paranoid and so I naturally launch into thinking about what else could be wrong.

I had a bit of experience with drinking too much. It depends on your situation tho.
If you drink with your friends, stop frequenting them (or at least, you should think about meet other people, etc)
If you are drinking alone, it might be a bit more difficult.Get some new friends, do something with your life (ie sports, meetups, etc), try to change your environment, go to another city, stay tuned with your old buddies. It helps a lot.

I'm still drinking too much nowadays, but yet I feel better with it. I'm 25 so I don't give a fuck too much because I'm still healthy and my addiction does not impact other people.

My mother used to be an alcoholic so I know how it can impact one's life, espacially one's brain capacity. If you have normal friends, they should be ok to hear from you and maybe help you.

tl;dr : a normal social life helps

stay safe bro

Thanks man. I'm 29 going on 30 here soon and decided to quit. I have the power to stop I think but this anxiety is eating me pretty hard. Also I do exercise, play instruments and study. I just do all of that with alcohol and now I am trying not to.

Your body is use to it now when you quit itll be hard youll get the shakes and youll feel sick when you arent drunk its also hard to not be around friends who do it try to drink less and less each day until youre down to at least one beer a night then quit itll be much easier. If you start smoking weed youll just get addicted to that

yeah dude that's withdrawals, just grin and bear it. It will pass, only to be replaced with cold, dull hatred

I can't really get into the joy of smoking weed to be honest. I am nearing the point where I have a few beers a day. I did get really drunk about 4 days ago and I think that's why I am having anxiety but I have no idea if that's the case.

I appreciate your honesty. Thank you.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_tremens

Anxiety for me was the first indicator of alcohol withdrawal.

Ask your doc if you're dependent on alcohol. I wouldn't get anxious if you are though, the amount you're drinking is relatively low, it's just the length of time that's concerning.

A detox is when you hang out in a clinic bed for 3-7 days while professionals let you withdrawal while on valium (anti anxiety drug that works similar to alcohol) and reducing the dose until you're stable. Maybe check that out.

Get a drug and alcohol councillor too. Educate yourself.

Ok so you're drinking alone, right ?
Whatever the hobby, try to do it with someone else. If you are good with an instrument, give some classes for a fucking summerfag for 50 bucks, if not, go get a collective class or whatever and learn.

The only thing that can kill you is your loneliness. Think about it. The only thing that can make you not think about your addiction is you being busy.
Depending on your natural social anxiety, it might be easy or not. Don't know about where you live, but here in France people can help you for free. It is not a shame to give it a try.

That would be swell but I don't have insurance nor do I want that stuff on my medical record.

Well right now I am having some anxiety because of not drinking. At least that's now what I am lead to believe. Which is good because it means it's not something worse. After the storm of withdrawal effects those sound like excellent solutions.

Heh, except I am a shit musician.

Alternatively you can detox by reducing your drinks. It can be dangerous if you do it too fast, and it gets more difficult the less you're drinking

This. Cheaper, and fucking excellent for anxiety.

The one time I had a massive anxiety attack when I first stopped drinking I did smoke a bit and it did nothing for me sadly. I live in a state where it's still illegal and you can't guarantee what you're getting.

>excellent for anxiety
Not for some.

Alcohol is chemically very similar to anti-anxiety medications like xanax.

I'm an alcoholic and I never understand how people can compare them.