If he had committed suicide in 2001, would he have had a larger impact than Cobain?

If he had committed suicide in 2001, would he have had a larger impact than Cobain?

He's missing the element of good, or even goodish music. So, No.

are you 12 or just an idiot?

Yeah because unlike Nirvana, Linkin Park made one good album.

If Trent had committed suicide in 94 before Cobain would he have had a larger impact?

No, if he dies right after The Fragile that's another story.

True, they didnt make 1 good album. They made 3 excelent albums

>they didnt make 1 good album. They made 3 excelent albums

Nirvana never even made 3 good songs, and this is coming from someone raised in the 80s and 90s. Grunge sucks just admit it.

omg pls no
pls don't do it trent
we cannot lose trent reznor

Maybe in 1999

You are all missing hte point... Males are committing suicide at an ever increasing rate over the last two decades. pretty sad it's such an underlooked issue..

No, but in 2006 yes

Are they, or are they simply getting more exposure due to social media?

>implying anyone older than 35 even knows who he was

If he had right after TDS, he might have. Cobain had a universal appeal that I don't think Trent quite had, but he was really popular among teenagers and young adults. It probably would have, yeah. But I'm glad he didn't. Trent has shown himself to be such a strong person who got out of his own downward spiral to still be a relevant and revered musician all these years later.

The only 2 good Nirvana songs are
>Lithium
and
>Sliver
Lithium by far being the best.

This is entirely subjective

well the population grows. growth contains all sorts of people, including depressed people.

i think percentage of suicide rate should be the main focus here. that would represent an actual data.

Is Tront the one nineties rock-artist who made the biggest climb? Going from depressed industrial rocker strung out on drugs to getting in shape and winning Oscars is pretty good

Suicide is mostly whites and our population is declining.

What do you mean by this. This basically is percentage.

It's really not mostly whites, it's mostly minorities.

>Chester Bennington made music to try to help people deal with depression and help lift them out of it
>David Foster Wallace became a Christian in spite of his atheist parents, started a new sincerity movement in literature, and tried to help people with drug addiction/depression through his books
>Robin Williams was a comedian and campaigned against suicide on Oprah

Why do people like this always commit suicide?

So whites?

Whites can't handle life that's why they die so easily. Bishes can't handle the ghetto life.

2 at most and that's stretching things

>sliver
>not come as you are
jesus user, what were ya thinkin?

it must suck being this much of a pleb

Wait that's not Aneurysm

white folk always be taking they own life rather than face a nigga

wew lad

Didn't he die for 2 minutes from an OD around 2000?

All music is objective

no

No, Linkin Park didn't change the music industry, you didn't see 50 Linkin Parks pop up all over MTV when they came out. Only similar band that comes to mind is Hollywood Undead. And no, they didn't influence the Warped Tour scene, Grunge did that.

The candles that burn brightest don't necessarily stay lit the longest.

God damn, I miss DFW.

>bix nood

you sound annoyed, go hang yourself it'll all be over soon white bois and the real niggas be taking over, and bring justice to this world for niggas everywhere

Territorial Pissings

Shiroda is the key nigger here.

He was the Cobain in this sequence.

t. pleb

>rate per 100K people
Please be bait. You can't actually be this retarded, can you?

>lithium
That's how I know you're taste are shit. You can't even like the better songs.

here (You) go

I don't think him killing himself in 2001 could have lowered his impact to Cobains level.

>you know that thing that everybody considers to be good?
>it's actually bad xD

quality post my friend. keep up the good work.

Us white bois will shoot ourselves while you niggas shoot eachother.

English better not be your first language, bucko.

>Lithium by far being the best.

this guy gets it

>he doesn't like Drain You/Dumb
PLEN

people in the industrial scene always thought he was kind of a poseur. who knows the pleb's reaction if he be off'd in 94 , i presume most people were not really aware of NIN so he would have been an intro band for baby goths and thats it

If Hitler would have committed suicide in before 1933 would he hav had a larger impact than chester bennington?

Holy fucking shit dude please take fucking algebra at least before posting on the internet

learning to read would be a plus too

i don't think it's specificalle men, female suicide rates seem to have increased in proportion too

*specifically

In his personal life, probably.
In terms of success, no. Downward Spiral was MASSIVE.

Very interesting point

I gotta agree with this guy, the only good music they made was the live album and that shit was all covers

somefag trying to say Linkin Park is going to be this generations equivalent of Nirvana.

thoughts ?

>in utero
>bleach
>live album

some people switch bleach or in utero with these two
>nevermind
>incesticide

thats irrelavant however it can be said that they have at least 2 good albums which is a hell of a lot more than linkin park

i loved ZERO album . im glad he didnt died on The fragile album. but that would of been an epic album to die on

>some 30 year old millenial born in 80 tries to make his opinion on something he wasn't an adolescent for
why should i listen to you

Probably too early to say.

We know they've had a huge fan base, but potential artists who might have been heavily influenced by them are still on the young side.

Linkin Park is cringe if he had committed suicide in 2001 he would of done all of us a favor

Male suicides have been always high in western countries it just goes unreported because "fuck white males" even though ironically all of them are not white.
Its mainly due to things like unemployment and social isolation.

not even close in terms of songwriting, musicality, talent, or vocal delivery or how they channeled their influences.

The only thing i could really say is that they both deal with angsty topics although i could listen to nirvana even as an adult but that might just be that i like noise rock

Meteora was better.

no, because kurt was actually attractive

One way of trying to cope with sadness is to try to make other feel better or at least that they don't live what you are going through.

Nervana is the most overrated shit out there and all their shit sounds the exact same.

>nirvana
>2 great albums
>1 okay album
>1 good compilation album
>a lot of unfinished unlistenable junk

>linkin park
>4 great albums
>1 great remix album
>2 okay albums
>1 shit album
>1 shit remix album
>1 good debut ep
>a bunch of unfinished songs but they're all pretty good and of studio quality

chester's death is bigger than kurt's

People only care about Nirvana because Kurt Cobain killed himself in their prime moment.

If it wasn't for that Nirvana would be just some old band people don't talk about much anymore like Korn.

That's not true and you know it

They are the same generations music for a lot of people.

>became a Christian in spite of his atheist parents

glad he is dead desu

>tfw Sup Forums is getting invaded with pleb opinions from outsiders.

You are a young meme believer.

>MoM aNd DaD wEnT tO ThE sHoW

How the fuck is it not true?

>Had to eat my dinner there
>Mashed potatoes and stuff like that
>I couldn't chew my meat too good

10/10 lyrical genius

Nirvana ushered in the alternative scene to the mainstream and Cobain was labelled as the 'voice of generation x.' Grunge music became popular and allowed for the pop punk, post-grunge, and nu metal trends in the mainstream to occur, effecting the course of popular music from there on. Even without the untimely death, he was already a legend in most peoples eyes.

if he died after the third album it would have the same cultural impact

if the A THOUSAND SUNS was released posthumously it would be Sup Forumscore

I've seen adults listening to Nirvana countless times whereas I never see adults listening to LP.
Nirvana can be and is enjoyed by anyone. LP is pretty much exclusively loved by kids and the emo teens of the early 2000s.
So, no.

>And no, they didn't influence the Warped Tour scene, Grunge did that.
Warped Tour is pop-punk/skate punk though so grunge didn't influence shit there although Alice in Chains is certainly the most influential band from that era. I mean that sincerely, all the hard rock that came after grunge takes way more from Alice in Chains than it ever did from Nirvana or Pearl Jam.

But user, a lot of young adults in their 20s listen to LP

I always felt like Pearl Jam was the most imitated grunge band. Seemed like most post-grunge was trying to imitate Eddie's voice. And none of them were as metal as AiC.

AiC was more hard rock and melody and you hear that a lot when you start getting into the early/mid-2000s stuff that never went away. Sucks really because Alice in Chains was a great band but they inadvertantly killed rock music.

For nostalgia reasons. But this post is redundant because that was the whole point of your post, wasn't it?

Cobain was labelled the 'voice of generation x.' because he killed himself in the peak of his career when everybody loved him.

If he didn't he would have been slowly forgotten.

Transform's song was the best.

He wouldn't be as legendary, yes. But he wouldn't have been forgotten about.

panic.jpg

>If Nas had committed suicide in 2002, would he have had a larger impact than 2pac?

the answer you're looking for is "no"

He was called the 'voice of generation x' before he killed himself. The song 'Dumb' on In Utero is about him feeling that he did not deserve the title or praise he was getting. Tons of other artists who went way past their prime are still remembered and loved anyways.

I bet there'll be a much larger display of sorrow over Chester's death than Cornell's. That pisses me off. People are so clueless.

2004, yes.

Also Niravana is literal garbage for edgy teen girls, LP has two timeless albums.