Why do people eat so much junk food nowadays?

Why do people eat so much junk food nowadays?

The stuff tastes like ass but people like pic related not only eat it every damn day but review it on video too.

youtube.com/watch?v=R1R2ys0ZmhI

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x3r7kv1
youtube.com/watch?v=gPB-ejKK6-w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Self-medicating to treat the misery of the modern world.

Because it's comfort food full of chemicals that jacks your pleasure center.

There's also a meme that it's "cheaper than healthy food" even though I can buy a week's worth of healthy food for 20$ whereas that would last me a day doing fast food

the brain has evolved to reward the person for filling himself up. Fat person eats, then gets a reward signal in the brain. Junk food is high in glucose, but the body recognizes it as nutritional. The cycle continues and the person becomes addicted to the fullness sensation. Then the body is like wtf and shits out insulin. Then the insulin producing mechanism gets fucked up and the body stops producing insulin. Then the fat ass has diabetes.

What I never understood about diabetes is how someone can remain fat after getting it. Don't diabetics have to very carefully watch their nutritional intake to prevent diabetic shock?

The sandwich being reviewed in that video is delicious, but not that you could taste it with that air pollution problem clogging your senses

Next

junk food is the last legal high

It's actually bright and sunny today :P, air pollution is only a problem in the winter due to a lack of prevailing winds and monsoons.

I couldn't make it past the first five seconds without getting an incredibly strong urge to kill myself

Yes they should, but many people still have poor nutritional habits. Since the body basically stops breaking down glucose naturally, they are given medications to help regulate glycogen synthesis. It's not really the weight loss that affects the main issue with diabetics which is hypoglycemic shock from taking too much insulin and having that in the bloodstream with little glucose, or too much sugar from non-functioning natural glucose from too little insulin. That is why they have to constantly measure there glucose blood levels, because they are putting insulin into there body and the blood-glucose levels can get out of whack. But yes weight loss has shown a significant decrease in the risk for going into a diabetic coma.

Sugar

I quit takeaway and tv years ago. On the odd occasion i grab a burger, once a year in the departure lounge, within 10 minutes my arse is violently ill. Fuck the high calorie (yet tasty) jew.

drugs in it make people addicted to it and its cheap

too much sugar in the blood makes hyperglycemic shock, to little causes hypoglycemic shock. So they are basically trying to artificially regulate their levels. In theory they can eat as much shit as they want but if they can maintain proper blood-glucose levels they will be alright for the time being.

dailymotion.com/video/x3r7kv1

This is that fat fuck who ate that whole nutella

youtube.com/watch?v=gPB-ejKK6-w

that guy is an amazing deflector. He ignores all of the bad comments and just is so fucking nice, but you know he is dead inside. I wonder what he is like off camera by himself. I bet you he isn't this fucking super positive fucking creepy guy.

glucose could be argued as being a drug, so yeah I agree.

why does he make the sound

Fuck you OP, don't compare ass to the shit they serve in fast food joints

Convenient, ads everywhere, tasty, etc...

I stopped eating fast food for a month because I had no money, and now when I eat it it tastes like shit.

>packed with a fuck tonne of chemical hooks which essentially get you addicted to the stuff without you realising.

>massive 3/4 century long branding and marketing campaigns to sell the fast food restaurants as a staple part of culture, and as perfectly normal places to go to on an almost daily basis. as this friendly fun "hip" environment.

>the fact that youre most likely always walking distance from a fast food place

>food which is dirt cheap in a time where people are trying to save money, but still want to go out "have a treat" with their friends without spending $50

>the ability to cook being a skill completely lost by the general population due to the empowerment of women who no longer wanted to learn to cook from their mothers. and a generation brought up on instant meals that cant cook.
gee i dunno OP its such a mystery