If the only reason people were mad about the Ghostbusters remake was because they're sick of remakes...

If the only reason people were mad about the Ghostbusters remake was because they're sick of remakes, and it was totally TOTALLY nothign to do with the fact that they were women, why is there no outrage over Ben Hur being remade? None at all. And Ben Hur is definitely considered a pure kino classic. So what gives?

Nice bait.

There was plenty of outrage. It just wasn't played up for marketing purposes as some great culture war.

Nobody knows about the BH remake, that's why.

Nobody knew it existed.

Was ben-hur a remake? Never heard of it desu

nobody cared about ghostbusters either until the creators went on a 'hurr durr males suck' rampage.

Weren't people assblasted about the new robot cop remake?

Ben Hur is a remake of a remake so complaints about it are immature and ignorant. Complaining about any remakes is so anti-intellectual in the first place.
>74050103
Youcant be sucking serious
Did you just join this board this year
It was shat on from the very first rumors

>There was plenty of outrage.
Where?

Honestly, I didn't even hear about the movie u til it was released nor will I go see it because it doesn't look interesting to me.

I didn't see gb for the same reason.

Ghostbusters was hyped as some females are amazing thing and marketed everywhere for almost two fuckin years.

>where?
from me
not that guy though
what's with all the bong accents?

casting Charlie Day as the lead I think is a mistake.

The Ben-Hur remake was barely marketed because they knew it'd flop. Most people don't even know it exists.

>the gang goes to the coliseum

>charlie day as juda ben hur
>danny devito as masala
>idris elba as jesus

i'd watch it

Because people hated the idea of female Ghostbusters, they just did. But they didn't want to be called misogynist so they played the "we just hate remakes" card even though no remake before or since has caused anything close to the amount of asshurt.

It's more like that Point Brake remake.
It was so obvious it would flop they didn't bother to advertise it in the social media.

On the other hand Sony has mad enough to spend tens of millions to advertise Ghostbusters and they even created controversies in social media.

Recent remakes of upcoming remakes that nobody is outraged about, showing how disingenuous the Ghostbusters outrage was:
>Point Break
>Mary Poppins
>Wargames
>Jumanji
>An American Werewolf In London
>THE WILD BUNCH
>Logan's Run
>Drop Dead Fred
>Honey I Shrunk The Kids
>Flight of the Navigator
>Police Academy
>IT
>THE BIRDS
>The Mummy
>The Magnificent Seven
>Beauty and the Beast
>Big Trouble in Little China

All the movies of your list that used the backlash to advertise the movie:

This list makes me sick.
I didn't even know they are remaking the wild bunch.

Fuck off back to KotakuInAction, retard.

Sit tight, user, the outrage will be coming any day now. Maybe they'll put a woman or a black person in the remakes and then we'll really see some action.

Want to point me in the direction where the directors and actors shit on fans of the original Ben-hur, OP?

I'll wait.

Because the media didn't make a big deal about defending this movie for ideological reasons

Because:
1. No one cared, a lot of people didn't even know the remake was being made, there was no massive Ben-hur fanbase
2. When people said it didn't look good a bunch of feminists and SJWs didn't start chimping out and make it into a big deal
3. Pretty sure it bombed

So the defense came before the attack, huh?

No, but it certainly fueled the fire.

Oh okay so it wasn't about female ghostbusters OR being mad about remakes. It was about people having their feelings hurt. Maybe people should try being less sensitive and easily offended in future.

>defending something is fueling the fire
Interesting logic. I guess we should stop trying to prevent ISIS attacks, too.

>film gets literally 0 good reviews
>WTF WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE YOU FUCKING MISOGYNISTS

neck yourself

>calls others new
>doesn't know how to reply to posts

gee reddit, sure is good to see ya

millennials didn't know two Ben-Hur movies existed prior to the latest one.

Nobody is talking about reviews.
The people who went ape over the Ghostbusters trailer claimed it wasn't because they were mad about female Ghostbusters, they were just sick of remakes. And yet no other remake has anywhere near the level of mad directed at it.
Why can't we just call it what it is? I'm amazed that even on an anonymous forum people feel like they need to keep pushing the narrative that literally everyone knows here is bullshit.

So peoples opinions only count if they're in the youtube comments section?

Maybe because Ben Hurr doesn't have a dedicated fanbase that has been waiting for a proper sequel for 20 years.

Ben hur wasn't made purely as a political fuck you to the original audience. It's marketing campaign didn't revolve around creating fake controversy and then fueling the fire

Millenials know about Beauty and the Beast but I don't see downvote campaigns led against it

It's how they defended it. Articles saying that anyone who is mad over the remake is a sexist baby-man are basically made to bait people. They defended it because they regarded it as some flagship of feminism and they made that clear. They also picked out tweets and youtube comments that were misogynist in nature and put them in their articles to make it seem like that part of the backlash was the bulk of it. If that's not fishing for controversy I don't know what is.

>Ben hur wasn't made purely as a political fuck you to the original audience.
Neither was Ghostbusters. Take it easy with those red pills, user.

>OP is a redditor

this explains everything

Nobody's feelings were hurt except for yours, Jones.

>Neither was Ghostbusters

People wanted more of the original Ghostbusters

NO ONE wanted a new Ben-Hur movie

So why complain about old fans being shit on? You were the one who brought up fee fees first.

There's a couple of reasons
>not as many people care about Ben-Hur as they do Ghostbusters, sad but true
>a new Ghostbusters movie had been hyped for years
>nobody is defending the Ben-Hur remake, therefore there is no back-and-forth arguments online about it
>no gender-swapping means no one is dragging controvorsial topics like gender-politics into this
>media can't make clickbait for millenials about Ben-Hur

All the more reason why there should be more outrage.

/thread

there is outrage, it just isn't being reported by the media

No one cares enough to be outraged though. If there where two sides arguing and dragging politics into it there would be controversy, but nobody is doing that. The media isn't writing articles on why it's your political duty to go see Ben-Hur

Not OP. And I saved the image from a cringe thread

The only thing there is to shitpost about the new Ben Hur is Morgan Freeman's dreadlocks.
Paul Feig and Sony thankfully gave us a lot more in the new Ghostbusters.

>damage control

kek

Nor is there a sea of faggots insisting it's your political duty to not go see it and to fume at anyone daring to give it a good or average review. Let's not pretend there aren't sad retards on both sides, user.

Difference is that one side consists of journalists with platforms while the other are literal who's in youtube comments that nobody would even notice if the media wasn't shining a spotlight on them in the fist place

>Neither was Ghostbusters.
Thank you for Correcting the Record.

I want an all-female Wild Bunch remake, because cowgirls are hot

>Ben-Hur remake comes out
>Audience: this is retarded, nobody asked for this
>Media: this is retarded, nobody asked for this
>outrage ends

>Ghostbusters remake comes out
>Audience: this is retarded, nobody asked for this
>Media: FUCK YOU SHITLORD MAN-BABY THESE WOMEN ARE STRONG AND BRAVE DON'T YOU DARE

Also nobody really cares about the original Ben-Hur anymore, I only saw it this year and I doubt many people hold Ben-Hur in the same regard as say Ghostbusters.

The entire internet agrees that the new Ben-Hur looks absolutely terrible. The only difference between this and the new Ghostbusters is Sony played up the shit that Ghostbusters received to convince feminists that they need to see the movie to defeat evil misogynists.

>there is no such thing as a right-wing journalist
user please

Should've made Ben Hur a female for the remake, even call it Been Her

Nice counterargument, faggot. Keep drinking that Sony koolaid.

I was pretty annoyed at the Total Recall remake but I'm not the sort of person to be extremely vocal about it on the internet.

There were plenty of antiSJW journos and bloggers such as Milo crying about the all female cast bringing about cultural marxigeddon

This is mostly accurate, except the few insecure males online bitching about JUST the female aspect is what ruined it for the rest of us.

Now we're getting Oceans's C-Cup and there's nothing you can do about it.

The reviews and box office are more important than what people are saying on YouTube you retard. I'm sure this is bait either way but like someone else said, Ben-Hur doesn't have the fan-base ghostbusters has and nobody gives a shit.

Im not complaining about anything, all I said was Ben-hur didn't try to alienate its fanbase.

The film is getting savaged in reviews and people who know about the original are pretty miffed. It's just that Ben Hur isn't as big of a pop culture icon any more and it's barely been advertised so most people don't even know it exists.

Also the producers aren't calling everyone who dislikes it a basement dwelling misogynistic loser

And what form did that alienation take?
Hurting their feelings by insulting them.
If they had thicker skins they wouldn't care about being shit on.

>ignoring the fact that Ghostbusters is far more popular than all of those movies
>ignoring the fact that some of those have received backlash
>ignoring the fact that Sony on purposely played up the backlash that Ghostbusters received
You're the one being disingenuous.

>comparing a 80s nerd phenomenon with epik christian fanfic-movie from the 50s

I don't know man

>Neither was Ghostbusters

A fanbase is going to be pissed off if you do a remake no matter what. Spitting in their faces and saying "fuck you, we don't care about you" is just going to drastically escalate their rage and for a justifiable reason. You're defending a retarded studio that thought shitting on fans would be a great marketing strategy. Stop posting.

Yeah totally I mean who's even heard of The Magnificent Seven lol

When will they start making movies where the Romans are the good guys

Everyone clings to the old 'slaves rise up against their oppressors' meme because somehow ancient slavery is exactly the same as Slavery in the USA according to the general populous. It's like thy sit there and think 'hmmm we want to make a film set in the ancient/classical world BUT all of these societies utilised slavery SO we can't glorify their civilisation and therefore must make them look immoral and bad

When will we (as a society) stop trying to morally identify ourselves with societies/peoples of the past.

I hate this gay Earth

The Magnificent Seven is a popular Western but it's nowhere near as popular as Ghostbusters.

>Theres nothing like in TFA where you have appearances from the older cast, for example.

The whole original cast has cameos you retard

It wasn't offensive, just pointless.

Ben Hur exists as a classic examples of its era, representing the direction style, casting trends, and subject matter of that time of film.

You think of early film and you think of those impressive, classical works with all the middle aged white guys and women with that specific make-up style, grainy washed out palettes and slightly fuzzy sound.

Nobody looks at that and says "hmm yes but what if it was modern?!?!?"

Ben Hur should have gotten all the cast for promo fotos in a hospital.

No, the studio made sure to disrespect the fans of the original in many ways other than equating them to racist rapist womyn haters on social media whenever they got the chance. Theres no appearances by the original characters, for example. A lot of the things that TFA got right were the series continuity as a whole that just wasn't in the new Ghostbusters.

There was no "outrage" for GB. People looked ait, thought it seemed shit and looked away. The media used this in its agenda to push everyone as evil sexists so naturally the painted the picture that there was a crusade against the movie. It wasn't. People were ignoring it and then the media got butthurt that people were.

There are a lot of those classical undertones which demonstrate that slavery is bad but the real subliminal message they're giving off is the good old fashioned American Dream where 'It doesn't matter where you come from or who you are, you can make it big/change the world'

It's not necessarily a bad thing to promote but a lot of it is probably being used to push the apologist and equality agenda. (I have no issue with equality but when it comes with being an apologist or trying to shame others for what their ancestors did to which those presently alive had no involvement with is where I become agitated)

The whole cast has cameos as different characters that don't do anything.

What if in TFA Mark Hamil showed up as some scroungy bartender who did nothing of importance?

Keep posting though, you sound real smart.

You're right, Flight of the Navigator and Drop Dead Fred are totally comparable to one of the most popular comedies of all time.
Thanks for confirming you're a reddit using SJW who blindly eats up the media's bullshit.

>deletes own post

talk about BTFO lmao

reposted here
i fucked the post up lol

TFA was set after the events of the old movies.
GB was a reboot.

Your argument is dumb as shit and yet you're arrogant as fuck about it. Incredible. It could only be autism.

GB was set after the events of the first ghostbusters as well goober. Both TFA and GB are soft reboots. Guess what? Only one of them did it correctly and will be getting more future movies.

Sorry leslie.

There was no good reason to remake GB though. They could've easily had it been a reboot where Dan and the gang hand the reigns over to the girls.

>doesn't watch the movies he shitposts about

>TFA is a reboot
Retard alert

In Ghostbusters 2016, the events of the original movies never happened.
In TFA, the events of the original movies happened.
It's that simple.

I didn't like the fact that they were women.

TFA is a soft reboot retard.

At least you're honest

Are you faggots Sony shills or are you seriously this dense? None of those films are as popular as Ghostbusters. Of course something like Ghostbusters is gonna get more backlash than fucking Jumanji. There's nothing disingenuous about that.

Why would anyone watch the new ghostbusters?

Nice samefagging.

Thanks!

>s-shill!
It's very simple to follow, user:

>we don't hate the new movie because of the women, we hate it because we're telling Hollywood NO MORE REMAKES!!!
Okay, so here's some more remakes.
>lol who cares

You're only proving the argument right.

Who the fuck even cares about Drop Dead Fred?

nobody likes remakes that shit on the source material and fans

the fact that you and sony executives interjected this agenda about women is all the more telling. clearly nobody really cares since the movie flopped.