I don't see what the big deal is

I don't see what the big deal is
Why can't we just legalize it federally like most of Americas actually want

some things are more important than tax income and limitless personal freedom and thats a common morality

i dont care & dont smoke it, but if youre too stupid to grow or find it illegally you dont deserve the funtimes

also shut the fuck up stoners i didnt always have an opinion but you never stop whining so now look at what youve created

alcohol is worse morality wise

makes people beat each other up and do stupid things

I'm sorry but doesn't not growing an illegal plant actually make you smart?

yes

but growing it & never getting caught makes you out as even more intelligent

>That pic
How does a double helix smoke weed?

Because it can cure cancer and a lot of other ailments without the need of pharmeceuticals. Marijuana is competition to the Pharmtels.

Kill yourself, you Fucking, faggot, Cuck.

I never touched the stuff because I'm not a retard who would risk my future over weed. However, the evidence is clear that alcohol and cigarettes are crazy dangerous in comparison. It should definitely be legal. I will try it once it's legal in my state. Till then Ill stick with wine.

I fucking hate stoners, you are as bad as SJWs

Because this world is evil.
I have friends who won't touch a joint because they get drug tested regularly and yet they have like 3 DUI's a piece.

The story is that either watson or crick drank too much beer at lunch and then had a dream about the double helix structure which fit all the current data (which was basically stolen from Rosalind Franklin though, who should be more credited). They later revealed it was actually a vision they had after smoking the MJ.

It's proven that weed affects brain development, in a bad way, while the brain is still developing.

The practical meaning of this is that people 25 and younger are at risk of permanent damage if they use weed heavily.

It should have an age restriction of 25, as that's the average age at which the brain stops developing.

This will never get traction because the libshittarians will call the age restriction unnecessary government intervention into their lives.

I'm doing both right now. What hell am I going to.

So does alcohol you dumb shit.

Couchlock hell

Its obvious why its illegal.
If it was legal, it would be dirt cheap.
If it was dirt cheap, even the very poor could smoke it all day.
If large groups of the population can now smoke weed all day, they really have no motivation to work for society or improve themselves professionally.

Inb4 'I smoke every day pro got a 2000 GPA and get paid a billion dollars a year', it doesnt change that very large groups of people are happy to sit around smoking dope all day chilling. Why work? That is better than working.

Ive honestly only noticed that all the kids who started smoking daily at like 12 are the ones who never mentally matured
You can drink at 21 anyway and alcohol is harder for a high schooler to get than weed because of that age limit

Yea but like you still need a job for money even if it's dirt cheap..

It is you idiot. You can give your life at 18, but you can't slow brain development until 25?

>it would be dirt cheap.
Not as cheap as you'd think. There is a price floor.

>Why work?
To buy weed.

as long as you dont forget to shut the fuck up like a normal person (read: not OP) then youre going to live a long & happy life coexisting with people of a variety of lifestyles & vices

no promises for whats after but its never as bad as most predict

You act like something being legal makes people do it. You're a fucking mindless drone.

shill thread, sliding discussion of the election and vote fraud and global political happenings

can spot these by hovering mouse of user ID
>1 post by this user
means its a shill

neetbux
Or disability payments

No, being more common and significantly cheaper makes people do it.

Its getting under $2 a gram in washington I think

Oh, you libshit wannabes. The laws on alcohol are irrelevant. They are what they are, and they'll never make sense. Most importantly, they mean nothing for any laws being made about pot.

>you can die for your country at 18, but you can't smoke pot!!!

There's no fucking draft. If you don't want to serve, then you don't have to. Again, completely irrelevant to laws regarding pot.

>I never touched the stuff because I'm not a retard who would risk my future over weed
> evidence is clear that alcohol and cigarettes are crazy dangerous
>Ill stick with wine
the brain of ameriburger is truly a mystery humans will never comprehend

>neetbux
>Or disability payments
If you don't actually have a disability, that's fraud.

I'd need to see proof. The cost of electricity for the grow lamps alone should make it more than that.

That's simply not true. Crick was using LSD when he made the discovery. Rosalind Franklin, a female scientist, used x-ray crystallography to come to the same conclusion at almost the exact same time.

cigs are, booze isnt, stfu we are still seperate burgers

here in oregon it grows like

well

like a weed

If it's not grown in controlled conditions, it's garbage weed with lower potency than it could have. I guess that's why it'd be so cheap.

the point is should you rot away in jail for possessing it? You shouldn't have to worry about being caught, it should be a liberty for you to choose to do or not do of your own volition in your own home, without fear of the Government telling you what to do with your own life and body.

Are you trying to say the mere act of smoking or ingesting a drug is immoral? It doesn't MAKE you do immoral things, although it can lower inhibitions.

I don't excuse immoral behavior on account of being drunk or stoned. But that doesn't mean I think drinking of itself is immoral. It's only immoral when you cause harm to someone else, directly, and I don't just mean their feelings when they tell you not to do it and you choose to. Because if that's the definition of harm then we can't do fucking ANYTHING.

What about churchill?
He was a hopeless alcoholic and he lead a country through world war 2

I am so much sharper when I don't smoke weed. I could hardly fucking make a coherent thought let along concentrate on a task. I don't think it should be illegal but people who believe there are no negative side effects are naive

Is this an advocation for alcohol becoming illegal?

>MDMA less physically harmful and less addictive than LSD

now mind you, MDMA isn't addictive, both LSD and MDMA build up tolerance too rapidly for physical dependence, but MDMA causes physical brain damage to serotonin neurons. LSD causes no physical harm at all, and has probably the lightest physical footprint of all drugs.

We already tried that. It didn't work out so well.

First time i took acid i saw everything from a dirty window and it was really really uncomfortable.

Now i'm ocd and clean my windows every day

Acid: harmless?

only idiots get caught

you CAN do what you want in your own home, if youve got the reasoning powers of a well trained chimp

the people that get caught are the people with such diminutive abilities that they smoke it OUTSIDE their well manicured, richly furnished suburban two story on the nice side of town with friendly neighbors & rising property values & then bitch about being caught on the internet

off is the direction into which you may fuck

Other user here
Thats not unrealistic. Id get 4-4.5 grams for $20 from a buddy of some of the most potent, good wa cannabis.
It makes a whole world of difference whether or not it is rec bud or med bud, though.

no physical harm. That's all in your head.

we have a lawyer show herr in texas, and they were saying that the problem is local police looking for it and enforcing extreme punishments, (under 1 gram) and clogging up courts.

The solution... find a local city where pd arent complete fucking dicks

We legalized it over a year ago and has yet to show up in any stores for sale.

Okay, so you can murder someone just don't get caught.

You can rape, steal, shoot cops in the face, what the fuck ever, just don't get caught.

There's no point of rule of law if your only concern is to not get caught breaking it.

People should want to abide the laws, and for that to happen, laws need to make sense, punishments need to fit the crimes and be reasonable, and laws making things illegal without a fucking point should not be laws, not if nobody wants to abide that law, not if that law doesn't specifically serve a purpose of stopping people from harming each other.

Speaking freely used to be against the law, but should it be okay to condemn people to having their tongues removed for speaking their opinions? Just don't get caught?

We make things legal because they're things that we think people should have the freedom to do without breaking the law, and so we aren't forced to punish them if they're caught.

Right now if a person is caught, and tens of thousands of people every year are caught, with marijuana, the mandatory minimum federal sentence is 1 year and up to a $10,000 fine, for a first offender.

10's of thousands of people, trying not to get caught, get caught, and rot away in jail, and cost us $30,000+ a year to keep them behind bars, over something that should be their liberty to do, and none of our fucking business.

I still dont understand how they think alcohol and cigarettes are fine, but weed isnt.

>m-muh morals
>M-muh beliefs
Fucking kill yourself

yeah, you putrid renaissance of genetic failure

just dont get caught

>alcohol is only legal because it's degenerate and loved by degenerates
>our government panders first to the majority, who are degenerate
Actually feels legit, but can you convince Sup Forums?

society can't survive if everyone thought with that attitude.

Rule of law exists so that you can trust your neighbor won't steal from you or kill you or rape your wife.

If you can't trust your neighbors not to do those things, how can you live next door to them?

meant to reply to

i dont care if you smoke weed or not
i dont mind paying taxes to keep idiots out of the workforce
only idiots get caught
i trust my neighbor wont try to murder me in my sleep because we have a law for that
i expect almost all of my neighbors to smoke weed in their own homes
i expect the dumb ones to get caught, after bitching to me on the internet with their necrotic abortions of political arguments, because we have a law for that

i assure you society would be in excellent shape if everybody thought the way i do

That's your own head bro. You can control an acid trip and what you do with it after.

Then they should legalize a bunch of other degenerate shit like weed and hookers. Our government doesn't know what it wants to be besides rich off our hard work and exploiting illegals.

I feel struck.. 9:40 and liting up the "mornings" though sunday and holidays monday in tuesday...

Feels a bit pathetic tbqh, only workout and shit today. Should have waited til later kek

imposing your morals onto others is no better than sharia desu especially since you are willing to use state violence to enforce it. Should I be allowed to impose my morals onto others through force?

Nigger people, and animals in general, like to get fucked up. Elephants pound rotten fruit cause it has alcohol, deer and elk and caribou eat hallucinogenic mushrooms, whatever. Getting fucked up is nothing to feel bad about if it isn't harming your life. But, check this out. If you're mister functional alcoholic like me, you likely spend ten bucks a day on booze, forty to sixty for weekend (or more). I can make twenty bucks of weed last a week, even smoking every day. That's where it's at.

Man i used to pack vape bowls next to my bed to have literally as soon as i opened my eyes... still want to.

Booze *is* harming your life, though. You're just too stupid to understand what alcohol affects in the body.

Look up NAC and Vitamin C before drinking, because you're literally a junkie if you drink that much, and that often.

>I still dont understand how they think alcohol and cigarettes are fine, but weed isnt.

I was writing a long and detailed post but I decided to tl'dr it. Here is tl'dr:

You are about to get operation in hospital. There are three doctors available: smoker, stoner and alcoholic.
Which one you would chose to do the operation?

Alcoholic easily.
It wouldn't surprise me if most trauma surgeons were alcoholics already.

Trying to piece a baby back together only to have it die on you anyway, and then have to go tell the parents that their baby is dead would make me want to not be awake anymore too.

heroin is literally off the charts

>we have a law for that

But under your philosophy your neighbor should kill you if they want and just not get caught.

Why don't you kill your neighbors first to prevent that from happening? You can just not get caught.

You want someone who's drunk or suffering delerium tremens to operate on you? You're an idiot.

I'd go with the stoner, because unlike the other 2, marijuana is just a psychological addiction. If I'm under the knife for more than an hour or two, the alcoholic and cigarette smoker will start to experience withdrawal symptoms and lose focus and concentration. The alcoholic's hands will shake, the cigarette smoker will be under so much pressure to "hurry up so I can get a smoke" that he will make mistakes.

The stoner could wait until after the operation and go home and smoke a bowl to relax after.

You are wrong.

In the long run, smoker and alcoholic remain high functional in whatever they do, while drug addicts lose interest in everything, except for the drugs.

> land of bourbon
> drinks wine

It helped with my migraines and that makes me like it

Both alcohol and tobacco are higher on the scale than cannabis on both axis m8, your point isn't going anywhere but backwards.

Alcohol, is an addictive drug, it causes phsyical dependence so bad that abstaining from it can KILL you when you're that severely alcoholic. DT's are no joke, by Delerium TREMENS I mean they suffer visual hallucinations and their body shakes and trembles uncontrollably until they've had more alcohol. They can get severe fevers and seizures and die if they don't.
Tobacco, is also a physically addictive drug, it's so addictive that your doctor can tell you that your habit will kill you, and you will still not stop. When they haven't had a cigarette that desire to have one overcomes everything else. Addicted rats will choose nicotine over food or water, they have headaches, and can't concentrate.

Weed.. they think "man, I'd like to be stoned right now, but I have to do my work"... and that's pretty much it. Physical withdrawal affects only a minority of even the heaviest pot smokers, about 9% will actually be dependent on it at all, and their symptoms don't start until a week of abstaining where nicotine and alcohol withdrawal start within hours of your last dose. Surgeries can last several hours.

>You want someone who's drunk or suffering delerium tremens to operate on you? You're an idiot.
Who said anything about being drunk? Are you fucking retard?

Also

>crippling withdraw symptoms
>24/7 nonstop
>implying alcoholics can't function until they get off work
>implying they literally can't go half a day without alcohol before turning into a shaking mess
OK bud

I agree with your statement except where it involves Marijuana. Why do you see it as immoral compared to alcohol
>imposing your morals onto others is no better than sharia
I hope you're fine with transexuals and gays adopting children and women getting abortions because they don't want their baby being male then desu

BULLSHIT!

Everyone I know who takes weed is a fucking loser.

They talk slowly, they dribble, all their life revolves around weed, working for weed, claiming off the government for weed.

It was pretty depressing. Now at age 23, guess who the "losers" from our school all are. The weed smokers.

Why weed?
Why not cocaine and amphetamine instead?

>heroin literally off the charts

I wouldn't blame weed for that. Most people who smoke it were shitty people anyway so if it wasn't weed it'd be something else.

Because functional alcoholics work on Wall Street and functional stoners work at McDonald's.

>Trying to piece a baby back together only to have it die on you anyway, and then have to go tell the parents that their baby is dead would make me want to not be awake anymore too.
Sounds like the perfect job for a psychopath to be honest. Of course you just know they'd end up experimenting on their patients for kicks.

Both of those examples are people putting their own personal liberties before the liberties and rights of dependents which is not what weed legalization is about. It's one thing to say "I don't want people doing things I don't like in the privacy of their own homes by themselves" and "I don't want people to inflict harm onto other people".

How is a transsexual inflicting harm on other people?

Thought you meant trannies adopting children. Yeah if someone wants to cut off their genitals then let them just don't make me pay for the rope they hang themselves with later.

People are intrinsecally hedonistic, if you allow them to freely use marijuana expect to see a bunch of retards driving at high speed on the highways with the same reflexes of a snail.
>but alcohol kills too!!1
Yeah, but unless you develop a chronic addiction it won't burn your brain like weed does.

It's cringey when little kids try to make like they're right wing.

>if you allow them
You don't have anything to say about it, kiddo.
Anyone with two braincells to rub together does whatever drugs he fucking wants and cops/moralfaggots get BTFO.

All you do is bust the retards and pay for that privilege with your taxes.

i'll always smoke weed and there's nothing you little dick cucks can do about it

if you want it truly eradicated ban sunlight and soil

Lol

In the past, politicians being pro-marijuana was never politically popular, so individual states are legalizing it themselves through ballot initiatives.

Years ago I read a book called The Phoenix Solution about the War on Drugs, and that's basically the approach it suggested: let states decide for themselves. And that's what's happening.

But the thing that bothers me is if cannabis is legalized federally, giant corporations like Pfizer and Monsanto and Phillip Morris will eat everyone alive. You're essentially giving these huge amoral corporations a free license to be a drug dealer, and trusting them not to fuck it up.

lsd can be brutal, i could not realy get over that expirience for a month or more. this said i maybe took to a bit more then i should

I'll trust corporations over government any day of the week.
Pinkertons vs WWII.

>I don't excuse immoral behavior on account of being drunk or stoned. But that doesn't mean I think drinking of itself is immoral. It's only immoral when you cause harm to someone else, directly, and I don't just mean their feelings when they tell you not to do it and you choose to. Because if that's the definition of harm then we can't do fucking ANYTHING.

If harming others is wrong, if harm is wrong, why is self-harm okay?

I do think that alcohol harms people more than marijuana, and minors shouldn't do either. But why does harm to another suddenly become moral if it's self-inflicted?

In places like Colorado, companies can and do sell marijuana. Because they don't have to compete with corporations with billion dollar market caps that are publicly traded on stock exchanges.

Legalization at the federal level changes that. That puts all the power and trust into the hands of the companies with the deepest wallets, like tobacco companies, or pharmaceutical companies that regularly put out FDA-approved chemicals that people realize later are horrible for the human body.

I'll trust a mom-and-pop pot shop over Big Weed any day.

>and thats a common morality
So your common morality is based upon the wishes of a multi-billion dollar industry determined to sell as much product as possible in order to increase their profit margins?
Isn't there a certain religious group that Sup Forums hates that are renowned for following that sort of doctrine?