Remaking Cube

>Remaking Cube
Why?

Also, do you think you could survive?

>Remaking Cube
[citation required]

This is a pretty entertaining movie, makes me feel smart :')

I actually don't mind it being remade since the original was kinda low budget. Looking forward to see what they can do with a bigger budget, just hope they don't fuck up and get CGI greedy

Probably my favourite Canadian made movie. Also no I would not survive, not autistic savant enough

I watched the Cube movies recently and in the first movie (a re-watch from years ago) I perceived what I consider to be a plot hole, or at least an autistic/interesting nitpick.

I realized that the woman really ought to have been able to compute all the composite powers of primes up through 999 (which is as high as the numbers go). This is was the last bit of information that they needed in order to clear traps, but they only figure it out ten minutes before the end, which is where the savant comes in. There aren't that many of them (like a few dozen, in addition to the primes themselves), and if you're good with numbers you can quickly at least reason that there aren't that many, without writing anything down. Actually knowing/quickly being able to figure out all of the primes up through 999 (which is what we're supposed to believe that she is capable of doing) is in fact a much harder task than this. The last time I brought it up, a person disagreed with me about that latter point, but they're simply wrong in that case.

Now, OTOH I do concede that they're all extremely tired and burned out (and just about to kill each other), so her character could simply honestly have failed to realize that the above list of numbers is straightforward to generate when you're rested and can think straight. So the circumstances of the movie itself and the late phase at which they make the discovery can reasonably explain why they thought it was such a big deal/huge problem. They weren't thinking straight, because it actually isn't hard to figure out, as her character claims. And it's certainly not "astronomical".

This is bullshit. There were reports of Lionsgate wanting to reboot the Cube series back in 2010 after the Saw series reached a temporary end. Wanted to make a whole line of sequels in 3D with an interconnecting story like the Saw series but I guess they never felt confident enough in the series to reboot it.

I don't blame them, Paranormal Activity has fucked the horror genre beyond repair. Six years later and Lionsgate are daring to bring back Saw, hopefully Saw Legacy will help influence the horror genre back on the right track.

I've only seen Hypercube. Worth watching the first one?

Circle was better

Cube is a genuinely good movie.

Hypercube is shit, but it retains some of the novelty of the first movie.

Cube Zero is shit that's too boring to even be entertaining. Also, it literally explains everything about the cube and the way it's managed and operated, which completely ruins the point of the series.

The second movie is easily the worst of the three. Deffo watch the original.

The third movie contains a charming "snidley whiplash"-tier villain performance, which rescues it somewhat as a b-movie. We see a bit more of the shadow bureaucracy which keeps the thing turning.

The reboot was apparently meant to be called "Cubed"

Which means that at least in titles it is acknowledging that it is the third chronologically.

Hypercube is pretty awful. Cube 1 is great. Cube Zero is fun. It's pretty silly but it has a few interesting ideas and a severely underrated villain. There's a lot of autists who shit on Cube Zero purely because it dares to reveal certain things about the cube, believing it was better kept as a mystery. Sure, it was a nice mystery but that's what Cube Zero was advertised as, an answer to the cube, so when you watch it don't get ass blasted like an autist when it spoils the mystery. Again, Cube Zero isn't perfect, it's dumb fun, but it sure is entertaining.

Also Cubefags are probably the worst fanbase I've ever come across aside from the Scream fanbase.

I like Cube Zero with the idea that the guy is meant to be Kazan.
Because I like the idea that Kazan would be anice guy even if he wasn't a complete retard.

Paranormal activity was fine

PA appeals to the lowest common denominator. The studio saw how much money it pulled in on such a small budget. The most important factor of all is how little effort and craftsmanship went into the film making, so since 2009 / 2010 we've been getting endless haunted house / exorcism movies, most of which are found footage movies. These kind've movies appeal to the lowest common denominator. Sure, once in a while a good haunted house movie is made but these are few and far between. And ofcourse you can always look to the indie scene for good horror movies, since the indie scene is not influenced by the success of studio horrors, but that's not what we're here to talk about, we're talking about how PA single handedly ruined the horror genre.

Shame because the 2000s was a great time for horror movies, we had many great studio horrors across a wide variety of sub-genres as opposed to nowadays which is 95% "haunted house flick" that is mostly just trash.

>Paranormal Activity has fucked the horror genre beyond repair
Blair Witch did.

>i know nothing about the horror genre: the post
Count the number of found footage horrors from 1999 - 2009. Thanks. Now count how many there have been since 2009 - present day. Also count the number of enjoyable horror movies there have been from 1999 - 2009, then from 2009 - present day. That's unfair, my favored time period has more years. Let's jump from 2004 - 2009 to even the playing field.

Blair Witch did fuck all to the genre. PA did severe damage.

>implying there would be PA without BW
hurr durr

Yes, if just for the rare Ezris

In that case we should blame Scream for reviving the horror genre back in 1996. They may never of bothered to of made Blair Witch if it weren't for the success of Scream. Or maybe they were inspired by The Last Broadcast in 1998, the first true found footage film. Or Cannibal Holocaust in 1980 which was half found footage. Or maybe the first horror movie ever made is to blame for kick starting the horror genre. Fucking retard.

The success of Paranormal Activity is what inspired the studios crank out endless garbage for teenagers, because that's exactly the audience PA was made for and was successful because of. Not the success of the Blair Witch.

If the remake only retains the concept of the cube, and alters pretty much everything else (tone, characters, even cinematography as limited as it was), then it might be a good idea.

The maths behind the cube is the only truly interesting part. The rest was mediocre shlock.

Except BW is the only movie that showed that has fuck all substance there.

Yes, Blair Witch is a great movie, I was never implying otherwise. PA is absolute garbage, but not only is it garbage, it has ruined the horror genre for the time being.

Well, I guess I'll jump in on this.

The saturation of horror movies and movies in general is most likely due to the availability of filming and editing technology.

It's pretty much the same reason the gaming market has become saturated. The technology absolves the need talent and capital.

I think cube 2 is the best one, whovwanys to fight me.

Yea I could if I killed the nigger at the start of the movie

Watch it like 7 times.
True kiner

After hours no one is brave enough to reply to user, because like me, they're all too stupid to understand what the hell is user talking about.

>can't factor powers of primes

Aaaaa..aassstro nnn nnn nomical!

>>Remaking Cube
>Why?

every sequal is a "remake" already

worth+kazan

in english doc

how did the nigger figure out how to get in the cube from the last scene of the movie

>Natali not directing/writing

fucking DROPPED