Sukhoi PAK FA / T-50

Will it ever see the light of day now that Russia is broke and India has pulled out?

For all the criticism the F-35 gets at least they are closer to becoming operational.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NZqZPy755eA
youtube.com/watch?v=uzBO0XV6Jps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the F35 R&D development cost is a joke. it wasnt even actually spent on the F35 mostly. we developed like 6 new drones with money allotted for F35 development

which is funny because the drones make the conventional air force unneeded. so we dont need any of the 3 F35 planes 1 of which is actually what was suppose to be the F36

The PAK FA is more or less shelved.

There is no need currently to develop a "5th generation fighter" because the F35 isn't looking to be anything that it was made out to be.

I'm confident that the PAK FA is superior to the F35 because of its lifting body design (larger engines, more fuel, more weapons storage).

>There is no need currently to develop a "5th generation fighter"
Nice damage control.

USA has the F-22.
So yes, the Russians have a fucking dire need to develop something to counter it because their air power is basically obsolete against several squadrons of F-22 loaded with AIM120C.

>this is what russiaboos actually believe

Top lel

>20 aircraft
>carries 4 missiles

Its cheaper to spam Mig29s and Su27s at Raptors than it is to "make an aircraft that can directly contend", not like they haven't build the Su30 and Su35.

Besides, the Raptor will be outdated when the next war starts.

see above.

I'm a neutral observer and I think its more efficient to use modernized airframes rather than building entirely new ones. Its not like you can't bolt a new radar into the nose cone of a fighter jet.

Both of you sound a little like "my fighter jet costs this many billions more therefore it must be better because".

Nothing you said is even close to correct.
First, it was spent on the F-35. Those fancy new avionics, engines, software, and models, didn't come out of thin air. It's expensive, but it's a long term investment. Drones making a conventional airforce unneeded is a concept that has about as much validity as the F-20 replacing the F-15 did back in the 80s when ACEVAL/AIMVAL took place, which means that it's utter bunk. "Drones" can't think for themselves or react as quickly as humans can, and they require satellite links that can't always be relied on, and have high latentcy in ideal conditions. Unmanned aircraft will always be a suppliment to a manned airforce, not a replacement. The various branches of the US military and foreign militaries do need the various versions of the F-35. The airforce needs the F-35A to replace the F-16, F-15, A-10s, and various other planes getting phased out. The Navy needs the F-35C to replace their aging hornets and planes that have already been retired such as the F-14. The marines need the F-35B to replace their harriers. This also gives them a massive leap in capability from LHDs, which previously couldn't operate anything more capable than a harrier. Foreign countries are choosing different models for different reasons which I'm much less well versed on, save for the britbongistanians purchasing the F-35B to fly off of their new carriers. The F-35 is also a massive step up from what it's replacing for a fuckton of reasons, like it having far better range than the F-16, and the best avionics of any fighter currently flying.
The indians might have shelved theirs, but russia still wants to produce their own Su-50 fleet. From what I've read, they don't intend it to be on the same level as the F-22 or F-35, but want it to be a step up from the various flankers they operate now. I kind of hope india goes through with getting some, just so their airforce can become more hilariously disorganized.

SHUT IT DOWN SHILL.

WE NEED TO KEEP SHITPOSTING ABOUT THE F-35

until we figure out full autonomy at least

Airframes that are already in service have a finite life, and many of them are approaching the end, or, in the case of planes like the CF-18, have blown through their max hours with no intention of stopping. 4th generation planes can only be updated to a certain extent before they reach their limit. Radars aren't the only thing it takes to update an aircraft, and there actually are limitations to what radars you can fit in what planes. A good thing about the F-35 is that it costs either slightly more or slightly less than upgraded 4th generation fighters, depending on what you're looking at buying, for a disproportionate advantage in capability.
You can spam flankers and (kek) fulcrums all you want at a raptor, but I doubt they'll do much, especially the MiG-29 with that tiny range and tiny radar.

Good luck with that.

It's funny because our Rafale shits on all of these flying irons.

youtube.com/watch?v=NZqZPy755eA

not saying it's happening any time soon, just that there will eventually be a time where an unmanned airforce (even an entire army) could fully replace a manned one and even be more effective at its job

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
It's a nice plane, but it's incredibly overpriced, doesn't have anything special in capabilities, and worst of all, you're stuck dealing with the french if you buy it. I'm a strike eagle fan myself.

Development is accelerating and getting close to a final product. New flying prototype recently launched. Testing will finish next year and the Russian Air Force will procure planes afterwards, the Air Force is also making sure that it is already built to their speciations. Leaked info suggests the VKS has planned an order of 200+ aircraft. This will happen.

However, a leaker on airforce.ru (primary source of all little bits of info during the whole prototype phase) has recently been detained by the FSB so news about the PAK FA is about to go dark.

>From what I've read, they don't intend it to be on the same level as the F-22 or F-35

Flanker airframes are aging quickly (same with the F16, F18 and F15) so of course they want to update their fleet.

The airframe can be replaced (by building a new aircraft) while keeping its same capabilities.

The F22 and F35 aren't much more maneuverable, they are packed with electronics and such gimmicks though.

The F22s small armament load doesn't help making it more competitive and we don't really know how much of a meme all of its "stealth" technology is. 20 tons of flying aluminum will be detectable with any good radar.

Nothing makes the F22 and F35 "extremely special", you will encounter the same situation the Germans had: small numbers of good vehicles. Eventually you will get spammed to death by garbage all the same.

They're making all new shit for it. MOD wants every part in that jet to be new. So now we're waiting engines to be developed, because all previous models was build with old engines.
They're making new weapons, trying really hard to make neural interface for it. And other stuff.

But hey, at least it can fly already :^)

>neural interface
>tfw COFFIN planes will happen in your lifetime

>200 Su-50
Muh dik
>The airframe can be replaced (by building a new aircraft) while keeping its same capabilities.
If you're going to buy new planes, why not buy ones designed this century?
>The F22 and F35 aren't much more maneuverable, they are packed with electronics and such gimmicks though.
The F-22 is very VERY maneuverable, and the F-35 has some impressive high AoA performance, at the cost of lower sustained Gs. This is mostly moot though since air combat has been moving away from turn combat since WWII, and it's only been going faster as missiles have gotten better.
>The F22s small armament load doesn't help making it more competitive and we don't really know how much of a meme all of its "stealth" technology is. 20 tons of flying aluminum will be detectable with any good radar.
Correction, you don't know how much of a "meme" stealth is.
>Nothing makes the F22 and F35 "extremely special", you will encounter the same situation the Germans had: small numbers of good vehicles. Eventually you will get spammed to death by garbage all the same.
That's not true in the least. First off, the F-35 is going to have a huge production run since it's going to be replacing planes made during the last huge production run.
A vast number of inferior units =/= overwhelming superior units.
What makes them special is their ability to evade radar, which by the way is a well known and proven concept dating back to the 1950s, modern materials, and their vastly superior avionics.
>Neural interface
What?

Why do all modern jets look exactly the same?

They only share the most basic of simularities, which is due to convergent development, which basically means that there's a finite way to get something flying so it can do a certain something else, and designs will have to reflect that way.

It's 4AM and I have to be at work in five hours, so I'm out.

>"Drones" can't think for themselves or react as quickly as humans can
You have no idea what's in the making everywhere son.

Convergent design, I guess
There is an "ultimate" shape for any vehicle, since physics is the same for everybody, and since they all do the same thing they're going to end up looking pretty similar

>closer to becoming operational.
They already are, no idea what the hell the military ID waiting on to announce it though.
I also hate that we are selling them to other countries
The rest of the world would be stuck with Russistanian garbage tech if we just kept all our stuff to ourselves

"Paзpaбoткa ocнoвaнa нa пpeoбpaзoвaнии нaмepeний пoльзoвaтeля, oтpaжeнных в элeктpичecких cигнaлaх гoлoвнoгo мoзгa, в yпpaвляющиe кoмaнды, - пoяcнил pyкoвoдитeль нaпpaвлeния paзpaбoтки и пpoизвoдcтвa мeдицинcкoгo oбopyдoвaния OПК Aлeкcaндp Кyлиш. - C пoмoщью cилы мыcли чeлoвeк yжe cкopo cмoжeт yпpaвлять poбoтизиpoвaнными пpoтeзaми и экзocкeлeтaми".

B OПК oжидaют, чтo тeхнoлoгия в пepвyю oчepeдь бyдeт иcпoльзoвaтьcя в мeдицинe - в oблacти пpoтeзиpoвaния и peaбилитaции. Пpи этoм Кyлиш пoдчepкнyл, чтo в бyдyщeм пoдoбныe тeхнoлoгии пoзвoлят yпpaвлять дaжe oтдeльными poбoтaми, нaзeмными или вoздyшными.

Can't find source without moonrunes. Also we already have neural interface, but it's simple as fuck atm.

>why not buy ones designed this century?

If they really offer something competitive, sure. The factories are tooled for earlier designs though, and if those aren't surpassed they remain contemporary.

>The F-22 is very VERY maneuverable, and the F-35 has some impressive high AoA performance, at the cost of lower sustained Gs.

Iirc the Su35 has entered production with a 1 axis thrust vectoring nozzle (allowing pitch and roll action since it has 2 engines). Only the Su37 prototype/testbed has 2 axis thrust vectoring.

>Correction, you don't know how much of a "meme" stealth is.

Convince me that painting aluminum and titanium frames in special sauce makes them less visible. I understand radar deflection and absorption but to keep aerodynamic characteristics you can't really paint your airplane with soundproofing foam to absorb radar waves.

>A vast number of inferior units =/= overwhelming superior units.

>what was the Tiger I
>what was the Me 262 Schwalbe

One had armor heavy enough to defeat all contemporary rounds, the other was much faster and more maneuverable than any contemporary fighter aircraft.

Both succumbed to larger numbers, although the Tiger Is fate was suffering by attacking enemy aircraft and the Me 262s fate was lack of infrastructure.

The Soviets spammed mongols at the Germans until they were all dead. Some eastern fronts had KD ratio over 10:1, but in the end it didn't matter.

If the Raptor sacrifices direct engagement capability (less missiles) for "better evasion of enemy armaments", then it needs to prove itself being able to escape enemy armament long enough to rearm and engage again.

No the Su-35S has 3D thrust vectoring engines

>has 3D thrust vectoring engines

I mean I hope so. Its a real life jet and not a drawing on paper.

But the thrust nozzle itself is only hinged on 1 axis (pitch). 2 engines which can thrust vector in pitch can be set to oppose eachother, achieving rolling without requiring extra equipment.

Theoretically an engine can thrust vector in all 3 axis (pitch, yaw, and roll), but in practice only pitching is used. I believe NASA bought an F16 and tested "roll thrust vectoring" by having the nozzle impart a spin on the exhaust gasses. It worked nicely.

The Su37 is the only jet I know of which has yaw vectoring on the thrust nozzles.

let's talke about ace combat series
youtube.com/watch?v=uzBO0XV6Jps

It will come out regardless sooner or later.

T-50-6-2 prototype with upgraded structure was launched last month. What are you even talking about? If anything the capital ships and PAK DA programs will be postponed yet again but tanks, heavy IFVs, drones, mosquito fleet and fighters are the priority.

But they're ugly!!
They look like refurbed 2nd gen jets!