How did you quit drinking, Sup Forums?

How did you quit drinking, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6WLfkEEDOzI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Minnesota, stopped going to AA though. I don't believe one can get cured by surrounding one with affected. Haven't had a drop of alcohol in almost 12 years.

In the process of quitting, have made it part of a broader plan to reshape my life. Made it easier to just think of not drinking as a small component of a larger change.

exercise and cannabis

Baclofen

quit? I got better at it.

AA helped a lot.

Stopped going to AA also. Tired of relapsing and misery. Been happier ever since I quit. It's been 10 years this November and starting to drink again would be more stress than it's worth.

Get the fuck off the internet.

>I don't believe the way to figure something you don't know out is surrounding youtself with potential role models who have had success with your dilemna.

Yeah well thats an opinion. Some people have less problems than forces them to need it when they otherwise can't admit it.

Congrats if thats you I guess

After i puked up blood i realized it wasnt good for me. youtu.be/6WLfkEEDOzI

This. Find some type of exercise you could learn to like and do it most days.

Exactly this why AA didn't work for me, they try to guilt trip, or say that of you can make it without AA you're not that affected and never had it as bad as them. I have to many diagnoses to count, I've been homeless, I've been committed for months. Yet I've pulled my self up, it's fine that you need it, maybe mother didn't give you enough hugs as a baby, or daddy gave you a few hits on the back of your head, but don't be a god damn sheep

Got into constant fights and eventually beat a dude into a coma. Only thing that kept me out of prison was him not being able to pin it on me when he came out of it. Scared the shit out of me. I started taking LSD instead. Made my whole life better, seriously. More chilled out, shit is cheap as hell and I got fitter...

Also I do Meth sometimes. That helped get over it. I'm a shit cunt.

> my license ran out, plus I was saving money
> got new license, decided to get hooche to celebrate
> found out Bacardi 151 is no longer made, opted for Cruzen 151
> had wine-o hangover, sick for days like when I drank MD2020

I am done, it doesn't feel good any more. Maybe after I get some of Goslings' Black Seal Overproof.

i went to bed and fell asleep.

ran thu the house naked to go fight a gay nigger over 2$ that wasn't even there and ran into a lawn chair then broken my nose and ripped my lip from the bottom all the way down, then went to the er, ran away got chased by the cops, gave up and when home, with a ticket

he does meth, lol.

I hated not being able to control myself. I also convinced myself that I don't enjoy the feeling of it. After being off alcohol for 6 months I tried it again at a party and had a headache for the rest of the night. Haven't touched it since.

Btw I used to love the taste of beer, wine, you name it.

Idk if your a troll or not, but when you do start to stop drinking, all your friends will start to change. The not drinking isn't even the hardest part, it's the entirely new lifestyle you now have to become accustomed to. If you are serious, replace your drinking with something else that isn't as bad of a habit.

I grew roots into the soil to absorb water that way.

I quit last night. Will start up again today to cure my eating addiction.

Got gout
Can't drink anymore

>I hated not being able to control myself. I also convinced myself that I don't enjoy the feeling of it.
This. Didn't touch this shit for.. 8-ish years now

Pussy

I never started

>getting shitfaced as per usual
>Gf and I arguing about her not being home spending too much time with guy friend after work
>Ask her if she likes him
>"I don't know what i want anymore"
>Get the pistol ready loaded and g2g
>Ask her if she likes me anymore
>"Like I said, I don't know what I want anymore"
>Just sit and think, go pass out
>Wake up and she hid my gun from me

Decided to stop cause I don't want to die with the help of alcohol

I got tired of waking up in jail

Just try anxiety pills instead.

AA worked for me. Maybe not perfect and the people can be a pain but it's got the best track record. 15 years sober.

Gout here too.

same way you nofap and quite smoking
you just dont do it and stop being such a weak pathetic animal who cant even control his own body

i asked myself why i was drinking that much and solved that issue.
turns out drinking itself isn't the problem. i can enjoy a beer with friends or shots whenever i feel like instead of demonizing alcohol altogether like a weird religious cult. i never understood the way you americans do that.
besides as a german a life without beer isn't worth living.

joking aside, i had extreme issues with my father. he nearly killed me twice in my life, almost killed my mother too a couple of times. i just realized it's because of him. i'm turning my life to the better and try to enjoy it. it's great.

When I went through DTs and had seizures and shit. When I came out the other side I told myself I hadn't gone through that hell for nothing. Broke off contact with all the drinkers in my life.

Started drinking heavily at 14. Went to basic got drunk there too. To my surprise my drunken gaze and empty soul was just what they were looking for. Stole a lot of money.did some shit. Drank more. Stole more. Posted in this thread. Meh 10 years later 6/10. Going to bed to wake up and buy more alcohol. What a time to be alive.

I think the big part of AA is forcing you to stand in front of a group and admit you're an alcoholic. many alcoholics live in a constant state of denial so forcing them to own up to it is an important first step for those people.

Do acid everyday till your third eye is open

I had the shit since I was 19. Fucking shit sucks. I'm only 25 now and if I drink one beer I'm bedridden for a fucking week.

I also can't be I'm the same room as shellfish. I fondly remember the days of fried shrimp and bacardi every weekend