Wintersun - The Forest Seasons

The files went live earlier today; anybody else got it yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lVFYy6hgGDM
youtube.com/watch?v=cESmkMjFTBI
sovtor.com/viewtopic.php?t=407360
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw accidentally deleted my email trying to screencap it on my phone to brag to a friend and had to type all 5 million characters of the url key into the browser

yes senpai
so much stuff, i love jari

I was looooost
ON MY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN

But you still got there though, right?
>so much stuff
Right? I knew it was all going to be there, but actually looking at it on the page there's a surprising amount to download.

I just turned off my lights, turned the AC as low as it will go and I'm sitting here ready to be fucking disappointing by Jari, let's fucking go

The album cover looks like a loading screen for some cheesy RPG

Welcome to folk metal.

>But you still got there though, right?

sure did. Only took another 2 hours to download everything. Can't wait to make my own shitty mix of the album

Maybe you need to be 25 years old to listen?

Actually hang about: How come you couldn't just retrieve the email from your trash/deleted folder?

I really really wanted to hate this

But fuck it's actually good

>I really really wanted to hate this
Why? Why would you come into something already wanting to hate it?

Because Jari is THE biggest shyster in music since Gene Simmons?

In what way? I heard he had some kind of disagreement with Nuclear Blast and was even difficult to work with; but this is the first time I've seen somebody call him a shyster.
Or do you just mean because of his big nose?

Did you seriously not follow the Kickstarter situation?

Not shitting on you for not knowing, I wish I didn't follow it.

when i said "deleted" what I meant was that it just straight up fucking disappeared on me. It wasn't in my trash or spam or any other folder. Gone. Thank god I took that cap. Then again that's also what caused the problem in the first place. Mixed blessings.

The album is really good so there's that

I'm aware of the crowdfunding project surrounding the newest album and preordered/donated, but I haven't heard much outside of that. I just looked at what they offered, paid my money and now I've downloaded everything that I was promised for my money. Beyond that I'm unaware of any problems.
Well at least it worked out for you.

Jari's just a fucking perfectionist and it hinders him from releasing stuff because it's not good enough for his own standards.

that's the main problem with Wintersun, he makes some incredibly good music, but it just takes him so long to get around to doing anything, and when they do release stuff it's like, half an album at a time. It took 7 years to release the first half of Time, and it's been 5 years since then, and we still haven't gotten the second half, and instead we get a different concept album instead. I can't wait to hear it (I have it preordered to deliver when it goes live), but I already know it's going to blueball the fuck out of me like Time I did.

>when it goes live
It's live now; that's why I made this thread. Check your email and go get it.

I mean he held Winter Seasons hostage. It was done and ready to release but he said he wouldn't release it if they didn't reach the Kickstarter goal for a fucking recording studio.

The kickstarter is kind of bs, I mean literally milking his fans like that, I mean most artists record an album, sell it, and go on tour. Jari wanted to sell us the album, plus "remastered" versions of past albums and a bunch of promo shit.

I get that he's trying to set up a better studio for recording because trying to record in an apartment just isn't cutting it and all.. but isn't that what labels are for..?

Or is yours for a hard copy and you can't get a digital one?

he's one of those dipshits who thinks a band shouldn't be able to crowdfund an album if they're well-known and on a label and don't offer any physical perks.

sorry moron, but there's nothing wrong or offensive about asking your fans to help build a studio for you to create, practice and produce content for said fans in, especially when those fans are more than willing to contribute for the perks alone

basically, anyone complaining about them crowdfunding doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about

I didn't do the indiegogo stuff. I just waited until I could order JUST the new album. I have the 2005 and Time I already I didn't need additional digital copies.

The fact that the ONLY price point to actually get the album was like 50 bucks and there was no tier to receive physical media was ridiculous and just goes back to his stupid feud with his record label that HE signed to

Ah that I was unaware of. Well I can see why that would irk you a bit and frankly I don't blame you at all. But honestly the way I see it is that it's a band that I like and am happy to support; so one way or another I would have been paying for the release anyway. This way I paid slightly more straight to the band and I got a shitload more content for it as well.
So yeah, if what you're saying is accurate then yes I'd have to agree that he's a bit of a wanker for doing that; but I also have to admit that it hasn't really inconvenienced me in the slightest, either.

Well I didn't donate to the kickstarter, I torrented the album and just listened to it twice.

I'm now going to buy it on wax because I liked it. I want Jari to succeed, I've been a fan since Iron but fuck, he has really let his relative success go to his head.

>Jari's just a fucking perfectionist and it hinders him from releasing stuff because it's not good enough for his own standards.

did u fucking hear Time I? It sounded like dogshit. He was only given enough money to record drums and vocals in studio and ended up doing the guitars on practice amps. It's depressing.

>and when they do release stuff it's like, half an album at a time.

you mean the one time they did that? TFS is 54 minutes long

The issue I had with it was that at the time, Jari was saying through social media that this $50 package with material I already had was the ONLY way we were going to get the new album. I'm glad that turned out to be false because I was just thinking I was going to pirate it, because frankly, I'm not paying $50 for 1 album, no matter how good it is and considering how it's structured it seems to be another half album like Time 1. 4 songs, 4 probably very good, long songs, but still 4 songs, and probably like Time 1, you'll have to listen to the entire album in 1 sitting every time to really get the most out of it. The 2005 album you can just listen to a track or 2, each song is individual, but Time 1 it flows from one song to the next in a way that only works if listened to in order. I imagine that's what Forest Seasons is like too.

>and there was no tier to receive physical media

poor baby, had to wait an extra month and a half for the physical preorder to go up. My sincerest sympathies.

that "50 bucks" gets you a whole lot more than just the album and if you dont want all that shit then guess what? Your dumb ass could've just waited for the actual release to buy it separately for way less.

fucking kill yourself blagorath you fat fuck

Yeah the production on Time I wasn't as good as I'd hoped, the material was good though, for what it was, a half album.

>you can just listen to a track or 2

please tell me you don't actually do this

Okay lets not pretend like Time I wasn't a cluster because of his own shenanigans. He accidentally fucking deleted the entire album at one point, he put off his mandatory conscription as long as he possibly could and when he couldn't extend it anymore it was smack in the middle of recording the album so he had to leave, got throat problems and then blamed the Government.
He THEN went on and on about how Time was going to require technology that "doesn't exist yet" and it would have to be put off for a few years so technology could catch up with his grand fucking vision
Yeah, so I torrented it for free, enjoyed it and am now going to get it without 50 versions of 2 albums I already had on vinyl so..good job? I guess we both win. Jari is still a faggot. He's a virtuoso, but a faggot nonetheless.

>for what it was, a half album.

I don't see why this is a major source of whining for some people. Time I has 40 minutes of music on it. You bitch like it's only 20.

>did u fucking hear Time I? It sounded like dogshit. He was only given enough money to record drums and vocals in studio and ended up doing the guitars on practice amps. It's depressing.
>Go back and listen to Time I
>It's not bad, but could maybe be better
>Go listen to the live rehearsal of Sons
>Guitars are clearly much, much better
Man might be onto something.

Same here. I was expecting the quality of the mix to at least match their debut.

IN THE DARK RAIN THE GREY MOUNTAIN SIIINGS

youtube.com/watch?v=lVFYy6hgGDM

all the songs were untagged and it triggered my autismo. fixed em tho. you had one job jari

Is Jari the Kojima of metal?

The material is fine, but still not as well written as Ensiferum's s/t, Iron, or the Wintersun s/t.

Forest Seasons I can safely say is much better than Time I but still falls short of the s/t. The mixing is borderline horrendous (if you listened to Twilight Force's new album, it's about that bad production-wise).
The songs aren't sing-a-long-able like they were in past Jari-core, but they are good fucking songs. Track 3 is going to be the runaway favorite, it's top 5 Jari songs easily.
Tracks 3 and 4 also have some very good vocal layering where Jari busts out his BM vocals from his project before Ensiferum.
All in all this was a begrudgingly good album that sits at a solid second best Wintersun album, but 2nd out of 3 isn't much of a platitude.

Not him, but are you seriously this much of an elitist?

Kojima probably has less Asian ancestry.
>fingolia

the s/t is perfectly fine to listen to in bite sized portions. Sometimes I really want to jam Winter Madness and Beyond the Dark Sun, sometimes I'm down for just the slower songs

Sometimes I do. the 2005 album all the songs are just that, single songs. Sometimes all I want to hear is Death and Healing.

user let's be honest, there was a LOT of filler material in it, There is 3 songs, Sons of Winter and Stars, Land of Snow and Sorrow, and Time. The other 2 tracks are filler, an introduction to the album, and something to connect Land of Snow and Sorrow to Time. It's a 30 minute album, with about 10 minutes of filler.

I usually consider a prog rock/prog metal album to be between 50-70 minutes long.. yes I know it's "folk metal" not "prog metal" but Wintersun definitely has a lot of prog elements to it, especially after their debut.

er meant to quote

well maybe technology really isnt there because the midi sounded horrible. And I mean, he's one guy trying to put all this shit together. What the hell do you want from him? He's making art, not cranking out hentai mangas for you to jack your dick to

>Yeah, so I torrented it for free, enjoyed it and am now going to get it without 50 versions of 2 albums I already had on vinyl so..good job?

congrats, you got your free content just like you always knew you'd be able to do. Maybe next time don't bitch at the artist and the fans who willingly choose to support them because the perks aren't up to your standards (aka you're too fucking dumb to use a DAW and make your own mix)

>Metal Gear Vapor: Deleting Your Own Album Action

>the non-metal bits are filler

Years that I've followed him and didn't hear this one, how did it go down? any screenshots?

>Instrumental section that introduces motifs used in the following song

yes, it's filler, it's artsy filler, but it's filler, it's just used to build up to the 2 main tracks, I'm almost surprised that land of snow and sorrow didn't have a similar intro. It's the only clean break in the album, between the end of Sons of Winter and Stars and Land of Snow and Sorrow.

HDD failure, and he didn't have a backup.
So he didnt DELEEEETE the album, he was just working on a project that is literally his one and only job and wasn't actively backing up the data

What an autistic goofball, I love him

Just saw this on Youtube.

Can i just torrent this shit or what

Yes, go to the last metal general and search magnet, my dude

Check out the album cover on Last.fm. kek

Ty my man

Wait what?! How did that happen? That's fucking gold!

Stop listening to butt melodeaf.

Jesus Christ I'm dying here.

fuckin' Time 1's

Real talk tho I have a stitch from laughing now.

>mfw Alestorm took the piss
youtube.com/watch?v=cESmkMjFTBI

sovtor.com/viewtopic.php?t=407360

Wintersun previous album remaster torrent files. For those who missed out on the whole crowdfunding bit. I was busy building a PC so 50 euros would have slowed me down.

This is pretty good so far.. always find it fucked up that when I want to BUY an album from an artist I can always get it sooner pirating it, just seems backwards.