NIN - Add Violence

So it's out. What do you guys think?

I loved track 2,3, and 5.

It's a shame Trent is still trying to do catchy, edgy, single-ready songs when nobody even cares for them anymore. It's the tracks that go outside the barriers of a rock song where he's been really shining the last decade.

New NIN, guys. And it's actually good this time.

torrent when

Haven't listened to track 5 yet but the only one I'm mixed on so far is Less Than.

I like it a lot, even Less Than. Yeah it's catchy and poppy but it sounds like 1,000,000 or Discipline on The Slip, it isn't out of place at all.

Together with NTAE, these EPs are a real return to form after Hesitation Marks. Not that HM was awful but some tracks on there were bland as hell.

Support Trent and his family user :) He has to pay Atticus too now.

Apart from the obvious dud (Less Than), truly a fantastic EP. Gotta say it convinced me more than NTAE.

This Isn't the Place is absolutely bone-chilling. Not Anymore is probably NIN sounding as vicious and as intense as they have in a long time. Love the syncopated beat in the verses against the shouty straighforward chorus, and oh my god dat distortion.

Production is a little more polished than NTAE and it shows. Some really great sounds going on, better mixing as well.

I'm oficially hyped for the 3rd EP.

What's a matter, bro? You seem weird....are you less than? *shoves* huh? are you a lessie? *pushes on ground* BIT LESS THAN ARE WE NOW?

Whatever. Youre lucky everyone appears to be sleeping now or I'd really fuck you up. Youre nothing. Your less than nothing

Uncle Atticus babysits the Reznor Bunch for his pay.

If they are bad, he shows them the Broken Home movie.

>Daddy what does fist fuck mean

I was jamming out to that last drum loop for a good 5 minutes before i realized it had been looping for 5 minutes

guys this EP is starting to scare me. It feels extremely fatalistic. Blackstar fatalism

>It's a shame Trent is still trying to do catchy, edgy, single-ready songs when nobody even cares for them anymore. It's the tracks that go outside the barriers of a rock song where he's been really shining the last decade

That's fair, but it's just Trent doing what he wants. I'd rather he does his own thing and maybe I or other people aren't into it as opposed to making music purely to please people.

I really like The Background World, it has rhythms that are interesting and also very catchy and stick to your brain, kinda like the better tracks of Year Zero (The Warning, God Given, Meet Your Master) but obviously in a different and more subdued style.

In both HM and NTAE, I felt that the attempts to convey angst was kinda tacky and artificial compared to earlier NIN works maybe musically but definitely lyrically. The Background World feels like the first successful attempt in a long time at pulling off that ominous quality in a way that is tasteful and seems sincere. Maybe the same can be said for the other tracks in this EP, but I listened to those only very few times so far because the groovy quality of this track is just too seductive and keeps making me go back to it. It's a quiet track that feels sincerely dark but at the same time is also very catchy and fun to listen to, it feels like the kind of style that HM was going for but failed at (mostly by not being interesting enough or by being corny).

I love HM and feel it's more genuine than most give it credit for, but it does feels like a practice run to this EP series and particularly Add Violence. Can't wait for Bleed Through if its back on the table.

>listening to The Background World
>the song keeps cutting off to silence randomly as """"creative"""""" decision

what a stupid fucking meme move

>its a shame....

Less Than is the best song on EP and his pop songs are among NINs best

What the fuck is "Bleed Through"

Bleed Through was going to be his Comeback album after getting cleaned . Another The Fragile in scope, It started bogging him down, so he pulled bits and pieces out and made With Teeth instead.

Now he's in a more stable position, the EP's might be the lead up to a return to Bleedthrough.

Did you ever listen to Hesitation Marks? Listen to WHile I'm Still Here.

It is possible something is going on, I hope the fuck not

I'm on The Lovers right now, this is making me worried.

Spoiler: It gets scarier

thx senpai

has he mentiined doing again or is this just speculation

I liked it.

Speculation, based from the lyrical contents of the EPs

I posted Hesitation Marks is grim looking back on it, but it wasn't really going through my mind when I first heard it because that was the album that got me back into Reznor's work following my edgy indie era; and I as too dumb to understand how fucked Reznor was when I as younger and listening for the edge.

Now I'm old and this music genuinely terrifies me now.

That's okay user, a lot of people didn't understand the darkness of Hesitation Marks at first and called it upbeat solely for the sound Trent went for.
He wasn't screaming, so people assumed it was a light album.
What I get from Hesitation Marks is huge fear from the past, Trent seems to be terrified of becoming of what he once was, especially with how much he has to lose now, Trent spoke about how differently wired his brain is, aka wrongly, reffering to the fact the depression, the ilness still resides within him.
He still refers to himself as an addict still, he just replaced it with different things, like working out.
Just the meaning of Hesitation Marks as a title gives me the fucking creeps, hesitation marks are wounds victim give themselves before they commit their suicide.

I believe in Trent though, he is strong

Calm down people. Just because Chester and Cornell died doesn't mean Trent is next to follow

R-right?

>what is a loop

Stop with the Trent going to kill himself bullshit.
Anyway, the EP was amazing, heard it in loops. I really like The Lovers and This Isn't The Place, amazing tracks.

It was a good decision.