Ask an active duty infantryman anything

Ask an active duty infantryman anything

>10th MTN
>SPC
>On 24 hour guard

Timestamp?

I was thinking of joining. What are the chances i will get 11b over 11c? In your opinion which is better.

You somewhat get no choice, 11x is what you join as, it's more likely you'll be 11b than 11c mortars. Honestly mortars are fun, we work and play with them, 11b allows you to be Jack of all, master of none

Hope spit writing helps

where are you? What's the action like? What's the story on the conflict?

You're in the fucking army who gives a shit what you have to say

How's your day going?

In garrison right now. Mostly due to opsec, you're not technically allowed to say where you're at and what orders you're on. But honestly to sum it all up for you, imagine you're a 40 year old man at a 12 year old birthday party. Everyone sucks, the people are terrible, you just want to be home drinking heavily

I hear that a lot. Low man on the totem pole.

Not bad honestly. I'm doing a 9am to 9pm shift. I get to be off tomorrow so 4 day work week, we've been doing about 12-14 hour days digging shit. All in all not bad, I have cigarettes so I'm fine

Also to follow up, just think about keeping kids from fighting each other, sums it up. Or a hall monitor in school

What was your score on the asvab test? Was it difficult?

What do you think is the likelihood of war with North Korea?

ASVAB isn't hard at all, basic math and English shit. If you want to score even higher, learn some basic electrician shit, vocabulary, learn synonyms of words, math word problems, long multiplication. I forget what I scored on the ASVAB, when you get in, it's focused on your GT score. 110 GT score gets you any job in the military, I have a 119 GT score. Focus and make sure you score good, you have to go through a lot of shit classes to raise it

how good is the average solider at hand to hand combat?

Do they herd you on pretty pastures?

how hard is it to become a ranger?

Highly unlikely for a force on force conflict, probably keeping it to small units etc. I'm just a low man on the totem pole, but we train to stay ready to deploy at any time

what is standard training like?
how physically fit do you need to be?

Don't you feel stupid calling yourself "active duty" when you're not actually fighting a war?

Average? Basic understanding, can't fight too well. Soldiers like myself who enjoy it go on to do combative level 1, level 2, level 3 and 4. We have division and battalion boxing and fighting teams. It's a lot of fun. But to sum it up, average to below average

I'm actively killing time on duty.

You on CQ?

what's the difference between army and marine infantry, i've heard marines are crazy is this true?

several members of my family who've served in the army and navy said that marines were crazy

That's good.so how hard do they drill you over there,like screaming in your face more of just a stern voice or just shootin the shit kinda vibe?

>In garrison right now. Mostly due to opsec, you're not technically allowed to say where you're at

You're retarded.

A soldier isn't someone who fights wars. A soldier is someone who protects his country and its citizens.

Basic training at fort jackson in a month, tips?

91B

There's a pt standard sheet online, based off your age. For me to NOT fail and be chaptered out for PT, I need AT LEAST 39 push ups in 2 min, 49 sit ups under 2min, 2 mile run under 16:48, but I'm 23 so my times are different. Pt isn't bad, Monday 5 mile run, Tuesday rope climbs, sprints, push ups sit ups, Wednesday we do a 6 mile ruck atleast, Thursday normally a weight lifting day, Friday 2 mile run, fireman carries, battle rattle run etc

Standby Fuckface. I know who you are. Have fun when OIC comes in a few. Stupid boot.

I'M NOT CAV

EIB Guard

If you're on duty, pls explain the hole in your trousers.

You do your road march yet?

A soldier is someone who does busy work as part of a massive government jobs program for losers.
FTFY

It's about the same honestly, I have marine 0311 buddies [infantry] and we do about the same work, only difference is that marines focus on 1 job of infantry. Like if you're a marine machine gunner, you STAY a machine gunner, in the army, an 11b can be a machine gunner, saw, grenadier, rifleman, sdm, scout, bradley crew, rto, etc

>I have a 119 GT score
Why'd you choose infantry? I had a 127 GT score and was an artilleryfag. Everyone thought I was crazy.

I just couldn't bear the thought of being in the army and being a pussy pencil-pushing faggot.

In basic it's stern and screaming and a lot of push ups, no sleep, hate your life, but when you're at your REAL unit, it's kinda relaxed, not full screaming but a yelling, stern voice, and when you're in for a few years, it's relaxed

I'm just going off what we were briefed on by s2. I'm not gonna be chelsea.

And smokes cigarettes

Jackson is chill from what I hear, don't get stupid hooah tattoos. Don't be first, don't be last, if you make it through and they have no idea who you are at the end, it's a good thing

Except you already told everyone.
>10th Mountain, EIB guard.
Would be easy to find out.
Bonus, be easy to find out exactly who you are...

We don't use the term boot, also we don't have an pig, also oics aren't charged with correction. Your bait is bad

We do rucks every Wednesday, in basic you do a bayonet march, but I've been out of basic since 2012

Long family history of infantry and a medal of honor recipient in ww1

Go ahead, there's 10 different stations

That's cool.

If you find me, bring mosquito repellant and cigarettes please

Didn't say I would. Said it'd be easy.
Don't worry, no one fucking cares.

Please bring me mosquito repellant user.

Nah I mean your road march for EIB

It's a bit of a long trip from here.

Nope, last thing we do

Mosquito repellant knows no distance

How much gay sex happens in the military? Considering joining but i just wanna get dicked down

Why didn't you go OCS?