Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vHAvjaHtlMA
youtube.com/watch?v=foDgTn2CS-o
youtube.com/watch?v=42MAk4_DBFc
cdn.shazoo.runow
youtube.com/watch?v=QJVsS-vIDdc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this a joke? Gladiator is kino.

Gladiator is by far the better film. I say this as a Scottish person as well.

2 close 2 call 4 me

Gladiator is dumb as fuck.

The Fall of the Roman Empire is a true kino. Spartacus too.

Gladiator = Normie
Braveheart = Patrician

This

Agreed.

they're both great, but I think maybe Gladiator relies on outstanding performances across the board but braveheart is a better movie as in the script is slightly more interesting

Braveheart is for women. Gladiator is for men.

Never undestood why so many people put them among the worst films to won the Best Picture.

They may have their problems, but are also marvelous, if you're not a Historian.

Not even memeing, it's because they despise masculinity.

this

Funny because one of my mums favorite movies is Braveheart, and my Dads Gladiator.

Both are great films, but Gladiator is better.

>PRIMA NOCTA

Gladiator is an overblown crap.

>if you're not a Historian
I'm normally one of those people who finds anachronisms and the like irritating but I like both these movies. What I mainly find irritating is people who cite them as authorities on their given topics.

I'm the same way about this, I'm not the most well versed on stuff like uniforms or the like, but even with some VERY glaring issues of the dates in these movies I still really enjoy them.

Which has the better soundtrack?

youtube.com/watch?v=vHAvjaHtlMA

youtube.com/watch?v=foDgTn2CS-o

I cant decide i love them both, then last of the Mohicans is amazing too.

youtube.com/watch?v=42MAk4_DBFc

>Hans Zimmer
lmaoooooo

Braveheart

RIP James Horner :(

There's a lot more historically inaccurate about the films than just dates and costumes, like how Braveheart only vaguely resembles the life of William Wallace in that they have the same name and faught at some places that had the same names.

>TURBOPLEB TIER
Gladiator

>NORMIE TIER
Braveheart

>UN VÉRITABLE PATRICIENNE DU FILM
Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Are you implying Gladiator does not have an amazing sound track?

That too, but I can chalk that up to making a more interesting movie. But reading a weird date or realizing that Wallace is in love with a 9 year old princess doesn't make much sense how I look at it.

I think he's implying it has a passable soundtrack, like literally every other Hans Zimmerman score ever

>Spartacus:Blood and Sand

Absolute trash tier, lame copy of 300 that became about super hero gladiators taking on armies of Rome.

Braveheart, it has a better story and Mel is a far greater actor than Crowe

Gladiator is my favorite movie of all time, bur The Patriot is my number 2 and Braveheart is my number 3, so yeah. Just the trifecta of manliness and combat kino.

Spartacus is on par with 300 fag.

Rome is the better show.

Dude, The Patriot fucking sucks.

Emmerich at its best, but still bad.

>not El Cid
>not The Fall of the Roman Empire

top pleb

>people actually prefer Gladiator

So then what is the best historical movie??

Gladiator by a mile. It's just perfect.

Braveheart dropped the ball with Wallace fucking the French princess. It's was way to "movie", out of character for Wallace and completely ruined the whole thing with his dead wife.
Gladiator dodged this by never having maximus get with commodors sister, keeping the fact he was avenging his wife and kid special

IMO Andrei Rublev.

There are better historical epics tho

The Patriot is one of the corniest films ever made, many scenes are hard to watch without cringing. They should have had more scenes of Mel Gibson massacring Brits and less schmaltzy patriotism

Braveheart is way fucking better

Braveheart battle scenes are better

Gladiator is more consistent

Are people trolling ITT or do they really believe Gladiator is better than Bravekino?

Mel Gibson movies always have really good battle scenes. Always love braveheart, the patriot and we were soldier because of them

Historical movie or historical epic?
Historically accurate or just best movie?

If it's best historical movie my vote is Amadeus

I prefer the setting of Gladiator, and i prefer Maximus to Wallace.

Braveheart has to many silly moments, like him banging the French queen, Prima Nocta, the kings son being gay etc.

Gladiator has more rememberable scenes for me too.

>Braveheart = Patrician
christ have you ever stepped outside?

We have a lot of underaged and capeshitters. Naturally, a sizable portion will prefer Gladiator.

>LMAO faggot giraffes! XDDD

Bridge on the River Kwai and Lawrence of Arabia

OP's are good too.

What is the difference between a historical epic and a historical film?

Why are only the people who prefer brave heart shit posting?

Both are good, it really comes down to which period of history you prefer.

Epics generally tell a story with a wide scope, either chronologically or spatially. Movies are generally just period pieces.

The Last Samurai is a movie
Ben Hur is an epic

how is this even a debate?

its absolutely and definitely gladiator

>Braveheart = FREEDOM !

>Gladiator=My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Epics are about battles and big events e.g The last Samurai.

Historical films are set in a period of history e.g the pianist.

>gladiator being anything less than the single greatest movie ever made
it's the only movie I've ever watched more than once, and in fact, I've watched it at least 6 times now

well it seems we have quite different definitions

I'll cede it to you because your definition is better and you got 1 more repeating decimal

I'd call The Last Samurai an adventure film rather than an epic, but I suppose that depends how you look at it

I'd say so too, it's frankly a little bit too compact to be my definition of an epic.

just finished bravehear, what a piece of shit that is. How can you even compare it to the gladiator?

neither

cdn.shazoo.runow THIS IS
K
I
N
O

Gladiator is better. Braveheart is good but so historically inaccurate as to be distracting

pure historkino

I liked the part where Bruce Willis blew up the space rock, can't believe that actually happened

Glory maybe

It's definitely up there

This user right here

Please stop Macbeth is a 6/10 film.

literally ass creed with confusing dialogue and 300 slo mo

>This is supposed to be a good movie

youtube.com/watch?v=QJVsS-vIDdc

I don't dislike Mel Gibson, but Braveheart is his worst fucking film on both sides of the camera.

what exactly is wrong with that clip?

Not him but I think it's supposed to be totally innacurate or something

>slo mo = 300
child, please

wow you took some really obvious bait, I'm ashamed on your behalf

>TV series
>patrician
>ever

>pleb
Braveheart

>contrarian
Gladiator

>patrician
Last of the Mohicans

>retarded
The Patriot

A tie between The Human COndition Trilogy and Lawrence of Arabia.

Kindom fo Heaven is the best Medieval film ever.

Prove I'm wrong.

>he had never watched Braveheart in 2016
Spot the newfag.

Am I the only one that thinks Braveheart needs an extended cut? Despite being almost 3 hours long I found it too fast paced.

So, how did they win?

I think anything can benefit from an extended cut as long as it doesn't become redundant, especially historical epics

Am I the only one that thinks Braveheart needs an extended cut? Despite being almost 3 hours long I found it too fast paced.

So, how did they win?

smfh going and deleting your posts like that

That's because I made a misquote in the first, sorry, senpai.

we good we good

Easy.
>Orblando Loon
Done.

I really should be more bothered by Braveheart playing fast and loose with history, but love this fucking movie.