>"That's from radiation burns right?"
>"Nope, he just grew that way"
>Add batshit scenes in an attempt to look deep
>Call it a day
>Fanboys eat it up despite it being so different
>Praise it before they even see it
>They send death threats to anyone criticizing my movie
>MFW

Real talk: How does this guy get so much praise? He's an autistic one trick pony.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eh0qbJAQhgk
dszmigiel.kinja.com/60-years-of-the-godzilla-franchise-in-infographics-1689162413
youtube.com/watch?v=dtueLmko9RM
youtube.com/watch?v=N8DainoKles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Seems like the kino version of Kojima.

Its like that about all anime.
i recently watched those 3 Madoka movies and holy fuck they were bad.
People that fall for this stuff really have mental issues.
That being said that doesn't mean that everything else is shit,person just need to know want to look for.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Anno has gotten more than his own share of death threats.

why are you here

I still don't get why this movie is getting fanboy praise.

Almost every person who saw it from the states gave it a 6/10 at best.

They had the perfect design for radiation burns and hat does he do with it?

"Lol he just grew that way"

Fucking why

One hack out of thousands can make something good once in a while.

>MFW people are actually getting death threats to them and their family for criticizing Shin Godzilla

>I still don't get why this movie is getting fanboy praise.
Oh yeah.
you should watch Galaxy Express
The movie itself is loosely based on the anime and manga and while making it is so obvious that they didn't know what they want.
there is literally zero characterization,motivation or reason for the story an characters.

and*

He has, OP is just anime shitposting on a board where half of the anons
don't watch anime

Pretty sure he is shitting on anime shit posters user.
>tfw this fuck is responsible for nonsense gnostic terms being crammed into shitnme because slant eyed looks and edge lord weabs think it sounds deep
Didn't ruin anime and eastern gaming alone but certainly assisted

the term you're looking for is "kino," user

Isn't Shin Godzilla supposed to be somewhat different from the classic Godzilla in a sort of spin-offish way? Like a separate franchise built next to existing one? Surely at some point more classic Godzilla movies are going to get made, let them try something different in the meantime.

>t. Millennial

Japanese Godzilla fans are huge plebs(same as the american ones)
they'll eat up almost anything

everyone under 36 is a millennial, gramps

Its literally everyone on this board yourself included lmao

>Title it Evangeleon because it's sounds cool and deep
>I just chose it because it sounded complicated
>Weeaboos eat it up and call it deep
Do you really think the guy was going to go into a lengthy thesis on the meaning of his show when he was explaining the damn thing to a room of fucking 11-year-olds?

NGE was both deep in meanings and questions as well as kino.
Whether you are biased against anime is irrelevant.

>explaining the damn thing to a room of fucking 11-year-olds?
THAT's the context?

What the fuck Anno? Shouldn't he be telling kids about the Wind Rises or something a little more palatable to them?

this

>he was explaining the damn thing to a room of fucking 11-year-olds?
So, average Sup Forums posters?

>it's a rebel against the site topic and main userbase to be edgy episode

>THAT's the context?
Yeah, the screencap is from somewhere in this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=eh0qbJAQhgk

Anno is a role model.

Every day.

they looks so confused, like he just showed up with a group of children to show them his manga collection

And it's America doing them

It's fucked in all sorts of ways

>zero characterization,motivation or reason for the story an characters.

That's literally Shin Godzilla

Shit just happens, and then the movie ends. The characters sort of just sit there in a board room and discuss shit, with no real tension or fear for them.

Japan loves it because "Muh 3-11"

And half the CG looks worse than movies made in Japan 20 years ago.

98 is apparently a good movie now according to them. I hate being part of this fanbase that will eat anything up as long as Godzilla is on the title.

t. 10 year old

They could've stripped Evangelion to 10 episodes and it'd still be the same

>Evangelion is deep
>Anno outright admits that the religious imagery was just to look cool

You could strip Shin to 30 minutes and it'd be the same as well.

I'm seeing a common theme here

It's all his work.

He literally made a different monster here, made it look slightly like Godzilla. Makes it deformed for ne real reason. And then just sprinkled old themes, roars and SFX from time to time for nostalgia.

BAM. Instant praise

98 was a more fun movie than 14, just not a good godzilla movie at all.

but we do eat up anything godzilla though, I can confirm this

ack-shoo-all-lee that was the assistant director who said that, who anno later contradicted with the following statement:

>"As the symbols are mixed together, for the first time something like an interrelationship or a meaning emerges"

looks like you lost this argument, chump. never insult anime under my presents again.

That's a load of shit.

There were so many bad things about it, I pretended it wasn't a G film while watching it again and it still was terrible.

>The OP literally has an image of Anno saying it to kids directly.

I can watch it and at least not be so bored and misled feeling as I was watching 2014

unless you're 40, you're a milennial too, prick

doctored photograph

>America makes a pretty good, albeit flawed G film

HURR HURR NOT ENOUGH GODZILLA TIME HURR

>Japan makes a 5/10 at best G film

OMG ITS SO GOOD JAPAN BOX OFFICE IS GOOD SO IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!11!!!

THE RESTRAINED APPROACH AND LITTLE G SCREENTIME HELPED THE MOVIE

Jesus fuck this fanbase is hypocritical. They praise a film before seeing it and threaten to kill the families of dissenters.

I don't really see why that's a point to criticize it though. Do people care if religious symbolism has a meaning that much in movies? Either way, that really isn't the case for everything in NGE. Angels were all descendants of Adam, while humans were from Lillith. The reason why they were kept separate was so they could not form God-like beings.

What were you expecting? Pacific Rim? Transformers? No one promised you a 2 hour monster brawl friend, only fanboys and yourself

It wasn't even a godzilla movie; he was hardly in it. The only thing that could have made up for that was unceremoniously killed off for no reason at the end of the first act

T. Cornered weeb

>Pacific Rim
Pacific Rim was also garbage. Have you never even seen a godzilla film? There was more godzilla action in the first one that came out 60 years before the 2014 one.

t. doctored post

He had more screentime than in most Godzilla movies, does that mean 20/30 Godzilla movies aren't Godzilla movies?

I own and saw all 30, no, they were in the movie for about the same amount of time in those two

Do people actually think evangelion is incredibly deep? it has some depth for sure but it's not some masterful piece of art, anime as a whole is just entertainment to me, and most of it not even that.

>Have you never even seen a godzilla film

I don't think you have. You would acknowledge that Godzilla isn't in most of them for 90% of the movie as well.

>it's different therefore it's bad: the post

>It's different therefore it's good: the post

>Do people actually think evangelion is incredibly deep?
Unfortunately yes.
I mean I don't know how much a person needs to be cut off from the everyday environment to see how shallow the whole thing is.
here is a list of decent movies,marked ones are the ones ive seen.

hey guys did you know that you're objectively wrong

dszmigiel.kinja.com/60-years-of-the-godzilla-franchise-in-infographics-1689162413

>Most of the time he is only in there for slightly over 10% of the movie

>He has more action than in Gojira

If anything I was objectively correct.

I should also mention that the 1954 godzilla is 75% as long as the 2014 one, so the ratio still works out with it being a more action packed film

It's an emotionally gripping existential coming-of-age story with compelling visual symbolism. It's not the best thing since sliced bread, it's flawed and sometimes strangely paced, but the fact that it can even be plausibly categorized with those labels puts it a decent measure above most anime that came after it.

Nice goalposting

You said that he had more screentime than in 2014 and got proven wrong.

agreed

>Symbolism
>Looking complicated
>Super fucked shit like masturbating furiously on an unconscious person is emotional

W e w
e
w

L a d
a
d

I said it had more godzilla action. I never said he had more screentime, but an 8 minute long godzilla film with 6 minutes of screen presence would outweigh both due to having more godzilla action.

>More action
>9 minutes is more action then 10 minutes

okay

Someone's mad lol

Has Evangelion harmed you in some way, OP?

I literally just explained why it is in the post you're replying to. Can you read? Do you understand what ratios are? A 1954 godzilla with the same runtime as the 2014 one would rationally have just short of 11:40 of godzilla in it.

Interestingly enough the creator of Madoka is also putting off his franchise to make a Godzilla movie.

I do, you never said anything about ratios in your older post, you said amount. Now you are saying ratio in an attempt to hide from the fact that you were wrong.

>Anime Godzilla movie

Just fuck my shit up fampai

Oh boy

see you fucking dunce

also
youtube.com/watch?v=dtueLmko9RM
>credits sequence with footage from a 60 year old movie
>2% visibility
doesn't even count as godzilla action, it's people shooting at a wall of blackness with sounds

>MFW they turn G into a little girl with spines on her back going to school to master monster powers
>MFW They make Gojigirl body pillows that the neckbeards will tote around

Godzilla the TV series was good, not all anime is is moe toast in my mouth late for school bullshit

>2% visibility
Not him but i watched it on BluRay on a calibrated IPS screen and I can say that the movie looked good.
There were no too dark to see shit moments

Shhhhh

That hurts the narrative of Sup Forums

Why does Nicolas Cage love Evangelion so much?

youtube.com/watch?v=N8DainoKles
0:18

I mean the inherent lack of visibility from the cinematography, as in half the time all we see is G's tail or the water rippling under some ships. The only part of the movie with any real clear shots of godzilla was the ending and even then it was lacking in the wideshots of godzilla wrestling with giant monsters that I love the series for, traded out instead for handheld ground-level cams.

>its a five Godzilla monsters form a team and go save the world from teenage witch mastermind
>in that path they discover they are in a parallel universe and the Godzilla is the creator of the whole universe
Its anime what can you do

That wasn't anime tho

Unless you are talking abut that fucking anime that had the pink Godzilla character.

I think he was just making a side-note about enjoying the show

Ideon: Be Invoked did it earlier and better.

Kek I kinda hope these happen, just to prove that G fans will lap up pure shit as long as it has the G name on it.

>as in half the time all we see is G's tail or the water rippling under some ships.
I agree you are right about that.
They tried to establish suspension on something that is know for what like 100 years now.
heh

Yeah, it's like watching Jaws again. It was suspenseful at a time, but I've seen enough now that I just want to see some action.

>Shitting on Jaws

Nigga.

I'm not shitting on it, I've just seen it so many times that it's hard for me to be truly worried. I know to well at the end jaws is going to get blown up by an oxygen tank.

>when your boi takes it too far

he's patrician

have you ever seen his movies?

I swear I'm not shitting on it senpai

face......off
NOT THE BEES

Great movies

>WAAAAAH G!$ Doesn't HAVE ENOUGH SCREENTIME

>Likes Shin despite it having the same amount of time

Okay

What sort of meanings and questions?

>It's gotten to the point on Sup Forums where trolling takes precedent to opinion most of the time and you can't even tell what people actually think on here

???
I haven't even seen shin yet, what do you think I am some sort of gook?

>Muh anime waifu girls and violence

About it.

That video is newskino

>shitposting has become more important than discussion
Water is wet.

Why do people bring up the religious iconography when talking about EVA's strengths?
The interpretation of the visual metaphors can be fun to discuss sure,
But the characterization is what makes it good.

You know

I'm still mindfucked about an American Godzilla movie being vastly more well liked by the fanbase as a whole than a current Japanese G film