Horror Kino

Horror Kino

2016 the year the horror genre made a comeback?

I'm actually surprised this is getting good reviews. I'm always wary of remakes.

Yeah for sure, you checked out many of the horror movies from this year? It's great to actually get some decent new horror movies

This is a joke right?

>some decent new horror movies
please name them

The Witch
Hush
Conjuring 2
Don't Breath
Lights Out

Not that user you replied to put the first guy. I loved the witch and don't breathe. Have been putting off conjuring 2 for the longest because the first was so strong i'm afraid i'll be disappointed.

From what I understand it's a soft reboot like Jurassic World, except not fucking retarded.

thanks

I feel like I should watch Don't Breathe tomorrow.

I liked the first Blair Witch, the second one sucked ass though

Oh man check it out ASAP, it's easily better than the first. Then again I had a great theatre experience with it which would have helped sway my opinion but definitely give it a go!

>all trailers make it clear it's sequel
>call it reboot
Sup Forums everyone

Blair witch 2 is one of the worst movies of all time, so I'm wary of this one, even though there is no relation between the 2 films.

Its shit

The thing. 30 year old effects still beat cgi

I wouldn't recommend Conjuring 2 if the people expect it to be better than the 1st

Mah nigga. I saw the The Thing over a decade ago, and I have yet to see another horror movie that I liked better.

Alien is better

The Thing is an objectively better Horror film.

The Witch is feminazi propaganda though, not a horror.

I'm sorry but you're wrong.

>sequel
>call it reboot
what did you fucking meme by this good gracious

It's from the writer and director of The Guest and You're Next, so it's bound to be good.

>objectively better
you really wanna go there? you can't win this argument

Alien is great too and you could easily argue that its a better movie, but I do personally like The Thing more.

Considering that RT contributor bloodydisgusting gave it one of the most transparent shilling reviews I've ever seen, I'm skeptical of the rating.

More than that, John Carpenter was a professional movie director rather than some hack whose only experience is one episode of a cable tv show.

>Things can't be judge objectively.
>A toyota corolla is better than a Ferrari because I believe it is.

There's another site I won't bother to name that would be far more suited to you.

I didn't like Conjuring 2, but I just really don't like anything James Wan directs.

art can't be judged objectively

The Sacrament was pretty good. It stopped me from believing that Ti West was always going to be the ruined orgasm of horror.

>While it may be a bit too slow for some
The start of every RT description to West's movies

What second one? I don't know what you're talking about, this is the second one, there's never been any Blair Witch film with 2 in it, you're crazy, you should shut your fucking mouth about this you don't understand, YOU SHOULD SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH KID BEFORE SOMEONE SHUTS IT FOR YOU

Everything about the build up in his films is perfect but House of the Devil and The Innkeepers both had terrible endings or maybe they just didn't measure up to the quality beforehand. House of the Devil would have been great if he stopped at her killing herself and just letting the film end there. Excited for In a Valley of Violence though.

You idiots, The Blair Witch came out in 1999.

Wingard is very good at sucking critic dick.

Your example is shit. There are plenty of metrics by which a Corolla is a "better" car than a Ferrari. A Toyota Corolla is dramatically more reliable than a Ferrari, far easier to service/maintain, and much more practical. It's impossible to proclaim anything objectively "better" than anything else without defining the metrics that you intend to use.

Don't Breathe is poorly written garbage.

Hush was average, good premise but far, far too many tropes bursting from the seams

>8.2/10

what a shock, it's shit

>The Witch
Not scary or spooky, just /x/-level trippy shit.

>Hush
Meh.

>Conjuring 2
Very good, genuinely spooky.

>Don't Breath
Interesting concept, alright movie.

>Lights Out
>shoots self in head

... Blair?

Train to Busan

The original is severely underrated these days. I'm actually real hype for this.

Although I'm sure it'll have some goofy twist ending about how Heather was possessed by the witch the whole time and set the original in motion.

>“I think horror is due for a new beginning here,” Carpenter added. “It’s due for a resurgence. We have to change it up. We can’t do these cheap poltergeist movies, either. Paranormal, that’s what I’m talking about. Stop. Please stop. We’re due for a change, and I think it’ll come. Horror movies have been with us since the beginning of cinema, and they’re always the same. Most of them are bad, a few are average, and a couple are really good. And they keep changing with the culture. So they’ll change again, as the culture changes. As we evolve and move through time.” -John Carpenter

like both almost equally, both terrified me as a kid. Alien I thought was kind of boring as a kid, but slowly turned into one of my favorite movies. I rented The Thing when I was 10 from Blockbuster and it truly terrified me.

The Witch and Don't Breathe are great. Haven't seen Lights Out. Hush is meh.

Conjuring 2 is irredeemable garbage. Felt like a parody.

imagine having this poor of taste that you say Conjuring 2 is spooky and The Witch isn't. End yourself

This is a sequel, buttmunch.