This is the best album run of this decade, right?

This is the best album run of this decade, right?

this could be the best example of the music for people who're not much into music to think they're much into music of the decade if shaking the habitual didnt happen

Eh, My Father and the Seer maybe.

Both Swans and Death Grips have both had spotless track records this decade so far

>Both have both
Fml

I'm much into music and i think those 4 albums is the best album run of the decade.

sure you are

>He likes a band i don't like, he must not know alot of music!

As a normie, I can confirm that I very much like Swans

>too pleb to post your own choice

nigga everytime I see you posting you say shit, music isn't for you man

I love Kayo Dot, but that album run is not better than what Swans had.

Also Gamma Knife isn't that good

>Hurr durr music is only for people who have the same taste as me

I agree, just contributing to the thread. or we could just keep jerking swans off

2012 : The Money Store
2012 : No Love Deep Web
2013 : Government Plates
2015 : The Powers That B
2016 : Bottomless Pit

>look at me i'm a retard

this

only 0.5 good albums here

If they manage to pull something on par with soundtracks, it could be one of the best runs of any decade

Why can't we just have a conversation?

Nah man i respect your post 100% Kayo Dot are excellent

You forgot Exmilitary my man.

Giver me one good reason why StH isn't an excellent album that isn't pure elitism

for you, pleb

NOTM?

Shaking The Habitual is not only excellent, it's also by far the best The Knife album

elitism is the reason this album is considered excellent by some plebs
it's a solid 6/10 album in the solid 6/10 discography

I rate Shaking The Habitual 9/10 based purely on my enjoyment of the album

>listening to death grips
>calling others pleb

>da glowin' mane
nope

why do you even have a trip

My Father wasn't that good, it's fairly enjoyable but lacks the power and scope of the following three albums, which yes, is the most hard hitting three punch combo of this decade.

I respectfully disagree. i think My Father is an excellent album which gets overlooked because of what was released after it

This

>Only plebs like it!
not a criticism, just slagging off people with a different opinion to you
based tripfaggot

It's good, but it's like the tutorial level before the main act of the game. The ideas are there, it's a good introduction to the reincarnation of Swans, but the sound and elements of this new direction wasn't fully bloomed until the release of The Seer (which in my opinion is the best of their three latest).

This is literally exactly how I feel as well

No it's shit.

I'll never understand what goes through THE FACT THAT man's mind

he's right about swans
the late swans is pink floyd for edgelord

explain how they are similar in any way

why is that a bad thing?

Sure, but Filth better than Greed and Holy Money?

>10's Swans
>Similar to pink floyd in any way except for both of them being rock music

What the actual fuck are you talking about

The only way pink floyd and 10's Swans are similar is that they are both rock music

30 years after the Swans gave their first masterpiece the good news was that the world had finally caught up and by 2013 the Swans were widely recognized as one of the greatest rock bands ever. The bad news is that it was time for Gira to monetize the name that had yielded no commercial return for so long. Hence the double album The Seer (Young God, 2012) that begins with the frigid bolero crescendo and Pink Floyd-ian litany of Lunacy (with Alan Sparhawk and Mimi Parker of Low) and ends with the Doors-ian blues-jazz shuffle of The Apostate, which blossoms after a lengthy preamble of sentimental guitar glissandoes and a manic collective explosion a` la Glenn Branca.
For a two-hour album, there are precious few ideas, and they are mostly (very) antiquated, bordering on the ridiculous when they borrow Sonic Youth-ian guitar repetition for the ten-minute Mother of the World and when they indulge in the free-jazz jamming of 93 Ave B Blues, or when a loop of tolling bells can't do more than trigger a monotonous litany in the eight-minute Avatar. Jarboe appears on the 19-minute Piece of the Sky, at first an effective piece of cosmic music until the drums kick in and turn it into a slow languid aimless sleep-inducing coda, and yet another repetitive section.
The 32-minute The Seer begins promising with hysterically strummed guitars (Glenn Branca again) and early Pink Floyd-ian suspense, and peaks when Gira pits mantra-like vocal repetition against country and western drumming, but the remaining 15 minutes are awfully pointless. The Seer Returns employs Roger Waters' strategy of revisiting a theme in a different tone (hence memories of The Wall), and pushing it to an obsessive degree, reminiscent of Led Zeppelin's When The Levee Breaks and Fleetwood Mac's Tusk, does cause shivers of primordial shamanic hypnosis.

>take a rock music for people who pretend they are intellectual such as swans
>make it edgier
>now it's the swans of the 2010s

you're so embarassing, I dont get why a normie such as yourself would need a trip. montie was at least kind of funny

Pleb

There is one touching ballad, Song for a Warrior, sung by Yeah Yeah Yeahs' vocalist Karen O, that is the exact opposite of the lengthy compositions and that for a couple of minutes matches the romantic intensity of, say, Gram Parsons' version of Love Hurts.
Song for a Warrior, The Apostate and The Seer Returns (and half of Piece of the Sky and one third of The Seer) deserved to be recorded, but the rest perhaps could have be edited away. Anyway, this album has virtually nothing of the sound of the Swans. It should have been credited to Gira or to one of his many side-projects.
Needless to say, the very same critics and publications that ignored the Swans when they were releasing one masterpiece after the other hailed this mediocre senile work as a masterpiece 30 years later, finding all sorts of hidden meanings in what was simply an astute sellout.

such as pink floyd*

Holy shit, what are you even trying to say? I thought you meant that StH was one of your favorite albums of this decade until .

so you're saying Swans is Pink Floyd but edgier

that's retarded

musically they aren't similar at all

Also, crazyaga got thicker skin. I love it.

It's not really a thicker skin. it's more like a filter that filters thing that are too stupid to have a negative emotional impact on me

>Song for a Warrior
>The Seer Returns
>The 2 most normie tracks on the album
What kind of madman is he?

Song for a Warrior is the normiest Swans song

I was gonna say "The Burning World though", but then I realised you were right

Respect either way, man. You've come a long way.

All of you - go fuck yourself. you bully for months, you hurted me, you made me cry, and now it gotten even worse.

I shared my life story with you, i shared with you the pain i have experienced, expecting you to show some sympathy.. but instead your just ridiculing me and keep bullying me.

The pain i have experienced in my life is indescribeable, and the fact you derive joy from the pain of others is fucking gross. any of you who experienced joy from my pain is a evil human being and he should be ashamed of yourself.

How can you be so emotionless?

How can you be so cruel?

How can you derive joy from knowing the other one is suffering? i fucking suffered from clinical depression, and you guys ridicule my life story.

I was allways so nice towards all of you, told you that i wish you the best in your life, told you that i love you all... but you just kept bullying me. what if i was suicidal? would you really want to have the guilt of making a person kill himself for the rest of your life?

Im not going to suicide, but if it was someone else it could have ended this way, and thats why you all should be ashamed of yourself and to change your attitude from now on.

>both make pseudo-"""progressive""" rock
>not similar similar at all
sure I am the retarded one here

Go away Chester

who are you

>Swans
>Pink Floyd
>ever pretending to be prog rock
Yes you are.

Swans are nothing like prog rock.

Pink Floyd are barely prog rock.

me personally I love this album run

For sure. Even My Father is good, too, especially since it in a way has the most in common with early Swans of all four of these records.

absolutely not
maybe this one

The transformation of Knife in the sprawling Shaking The Habitual (Rabid, 2013), which is basically one long expressionist scream, had few precedents. There was very little left of their timid dance-pop. The tribal polyrhythmic stomp A Tooth For An Eye stands as the manifesto of a formidable quantum leap forward in that genre. The same concept of absurdist world-music fuels the pseudo-Andean folk dance of Without You My Life Would Be Boring. Wrap Your Arms Around Me sounds like a religious ceremony infected by Dead Can Dance's exotic ancestral gothic. The zenith of the dancefloor-oriented material comes with Full Of Fire, whose unstoppable throbbing robotic pulsation is coupled with a vulnerable whisper, and whose ten minutes are used for a series of variations, from the scratching effect of early rap records to echoes of Trio's anti-anthem Da Da Da. The lightweight counterpart is Networking, a comic take on Detroit techno. Vastly inferior is the eleven-minute Stay Out Here, whose atmosphere is reminiscent of the lugubrious British dark dances of the 1980s (Public Image Ltd and the likes) plus soul emphasis and Brazilian frenzy. A completely different side of the duo's new style spreads from the oneiric nine-minute fantasy of A Cherry On Top, halfway between kabuki soundtrack and dissonant chamber music, to the ten-minute spaced-out psychedelic journey of Fracking Fluid Injection via the 19-minute Old Dreams Waiting To Be Realized, that explores an abstract subliminal noisescape building up to a harrowing climax. This album catapulted Olof Dreijer to the top tier of post-dance composers and arrangers.

just get the fuck outta here, tripfags

Rifts is better than all of those

Never got why he liked the album so much but was so down on Stay Out Here in particular

rifts is not an album tho

TBK > SEER > MY FATHER > GLOWING MAN