What do you think about this album?

What do you think about this album?
It finally clicked to me. Very good.

Weirdly, that's the only one that clicked immediately for me. Good songs with a wide range of feelings. Strange monologue, freaky surgery song, pop songs, too bad about Sister Ray though.

I had to listen a couple times to enjoy it. And I like the early moments of Sister Ray, when it seems to be a simple poprock music.

Yeah, it's fun the first couple times, and I do often let it play for a few minutes, but at the end of the day I'm just a little sad they wasted all that record space on it.

Listened to it the first time about a month ago and it clicked on almost the first listen. I've been bumping the hell out of the title track and The Gift for the last month, also copped it on CD about a week ago.

i listened to tvu+nico and the self titled on repeat for months when i was a teenager, but never really picked up their other albums. is this a good one to try getting back into them with, or does it really take some time to click?

both tvu&n and white light/white heat are amazing. i don't like one over the other, but white light took a bit before i actually enjoyed it.

sister ray's length is perfect, though, i can see why people wouldn't like it. the transition from a normal velvet underground song to reed and cale trying to out-noise each other with the guitar and organ is what makes it fun.

Op here, give a try, even if takes time to get the music. It does worth it.

I love almost all of it. Title track and I Heard Her Call My Name are essential proto-punk, a sound I really dig.
Lady Godiva's Operation - love the weird surgery noises, blowing raspberries and Reed and Cale taking turns interrupting and singing over each other.
Here She Comes Now is just wonderful, beautiful.
Sister Ray and The Gift are genius and good additions to the canon and worth fully appreciating on occasion, but I honestly get a bit bored halfway through and feel I'd rather be enjoying 3 or 4 other songs in the same timeframe.

Listen to 'Loaded' right bloody now!

giving it a listen now, the opener was just okay but i really enjoyed the gift and lady godiva's operation

yeah i should have done that years ago, i'll give it a listen next after i let this one sit for a bit.

I did the meme where you listen to a bands discography in one sitting and i must say, going from Sister Ray to Candy Says was one of the most jarring and horrible things ever. Shame that a band can have two clear 10/10 albums and two shitty albums that are not worth replaying

You mean four 10/10s and the one we don't talk about

>four
>including loaded
you're pushing it user

Sister Ray is the only exceptional song and is likely the greatest piece of rock music ever recorded. The rest of the album is just OK, I rank & Nico higher

10/10 tied for second best of theirs.
Best is s/t third album.

Get out of here scaruffy

Fuggg :^)

Loaded's my favourite. Literally only Lonesome Cowboy Bill and Train Round the Bend dip under 9/10 imho

I just got a vinyl of it and am about to listen to it now, so I'll find out soon

Great album. Took awhile to grew on me, though.

Power ranking:
I Heard Her Call My Name > Lady Godiva's Operation > Sister Ray > White Light White Heat > Here She Comes Now > The Gift

Sister ray really is the best song tho

>too bad about Sister Ray
What, too bad that it's one of only two good songs on the entire album?