Making cannabutter by bringing water to a boil, melting butter in it, then simmering it and pouring the weed in

Making cannabutter by bringing water to a boil, melting butter in it, then simmering it and pouring the weed in.

Does this look like it's ready for me to strain it? Or should I let it go a bit longer? I did a pound of butter since there's an ounce in there.

Other urls found in this thread:

merryjane.com/health/cannabis-decarboxylation-methods
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Monitering

Did you use leaves as well as buds or just buds

It was a bunch of shake I had leftover

let it go, add some soy lecithin if you got it too

A fucking ounce of shake? Jeez

definitely let it simmer for a while until the mixture thickens.

Why is this, not op, just curious

nigger is going transdimentional.

Why would you put it in water? And boiling water? You realizes temps above 185-195 destroys thc pretty quickly, and boiling is 212, soo.
Btw, next time just melt butter, decade weed and throw the weed in for about 2-6 hours. Then strain and either discard juiced weed or you could go the extra absolute mile if you're one to not waste any, cook the rest of already fat saturated sludge in eggs or a solid dish, and consume. Enjoy.

what he said, never use water, just melt butter throw weed in...

you ruined your shake......

I actually smoked salvia once, didnt trip, was bummed out, but instead i got lasting derealization disorder that still rarely pops up, yay.

I would strain it now and put it in the fridge to solidify and be used for whatever you plan on making

this is the most pictorially accurate description of salvia/weed hit.

Soy lecithin is an emulsifier which helps the THC absorb into the butter faster and more efficiently. If you are lucky enough to own one, now is the time to use your Magical Butter Machine. Keep at a full simmer for 30 mins. If it starts boiling, you're burning off precious THC.

if you really want the best candidate for THC butter, use coconut oil

Actually using water makes a purer cannabutter when you let it cool and separate. Science, dudes.

completely accurate

As an emulsifier in the butter?

Also all the edibles ive had tasted like im munching on the flowers and it makes,me want to vomit, is the heavy taste of weed in edibles avoidable?

Just because water and oils and fats seperate, does not make your butter "purer" I don't know where you heard that or got that idea from, but just because a liquid diffuses with another cooling it down does not increase the purity of it.

emulsifier in the butter? the butter is the emulsifier. do i have to tell you all about decarboxilation and how to ingest herbs effectively.

It is, it depends on whomever is making the edibles and how much weed they use in cannabutter, on top of the regular food recipe. I've found "cereal treats" like Rice Krispies or Cap'n Crunch treats work best in keeping a good flavor and getting you high, as it's pretty hard for somebody to fuck up adding cannabutter to melted marshmallow and the marshmallow flavor is strong and the cereals taste shouldn't be altered in any way

damn straight. the coconut is just alowing for the thc to bind with the oil and hence bypass the stomach's acid and go directly to the brain and other organs. very laymens terms here

Water?? Wtf... Bro you only use butter... And you should use a double boiler that way the butter will never burn. Takes longer but it comes out better. Or use a slow cooker. Let it simmer for a long time... I works do at least 5-6 hours in a double boiler even more in a slow cooker. Once its done use a cheese cloth to strain the bud out and squeeze it all out. The use the butter as needed... I used to make cookies

Coconut oil is a better fat in my opinion for making edibles, I used it when I made teas or coconut based edibles. If usually infuses really well and produces a very smooth long lasting high. If the person was looking to improve the "purity" of their product, it could all depend on what they meant, the thc content, the cleaniness, the presentation, etc.

this faggot speaks the truth

Coconut oil is hella bad for you man. Your body cant digest that stuff.

Hahahaha yeah ok dumb ass.

>lecithin
>water
>butter
Not a good idea, that will make everything bind together, and he won't be able to chill the liquid to get the fats to separate from the water.

lol I'm making edibles too.

If my maths is right, each gummy should be 45mg of thc.

Don't care stupid druggie

that isn't how you make weed butter. this is

merryjane.com/health/cannabis-decarboxylation-methods

Y-yes?

Soy lectin is for candy bro on a more industrial level. Dont need this shit at all.

This (also virgin and unrefined) much like the poster

Make THC pills. Wont taste the weed til you start burping like 30 min in

Youre a fuckin dumbass. Read something.

Dont need 5-6 hours. Only need 2 on low heat. And cheesecloth absorbs too much butter. Use a refined metal strainer.