aw's profile wont load

this

he's became so numb

charts won't load?

could be worse

yea it's pretty ugly and bloated, but

>can now search by descriptors
>can now search by secondary genres

all i care about. music discovery potential tripled, just like that.

what's your profile? i need a dadrocker to drone (not a joke)

finally search by secondary genres, it's happening

if there's a stylesheet that looks like RYM or a way to customize layouts i'd be happy. there's too much info on each page. appearance aside it's fine

Do you really think that RYM is a good place to discover music when the ratings are made by 99% braindead sheep who rate the same garbage the same amount of stars because the rest of the herd did

if you can think for yourself it's a good place

you fucking retard

So, do I have to rate everything all over again or can I just import my RYM account somehow?

you don't have to do anything

its not even because of that, RYM has a huge library of artists, you can scearch using genres and descriptors and find albums that fit that and judge them yourself.

this gave me an idea, there should be a feature to hide the community average rating/bolding for a release

Thinking for yourself should extend to not using the charts if you are having a hard time wrapping that idea around your head

yea maybe for classical music it's terrible but for popular music it's a great place for discovery
rating averages and charts and lists and shit aren't much different anywhere else except for super niche sites obviously

no wonder boldfag left

finally removed those fucking stars

I just logged in with my RYM credentials and it works.

From my literal 10 minutes with it:

-Like the search way, way better.
-Genres page is weird... went to experimental and when you sort by release date I couldn't resort by recommended and had to refresh the page to get there. I don't know what "recommended" even means, presumably some level of popularity/rating. If you sort by recommended it goes chronologically up to the 2010s with popular and high-rated albums and then just reverts to going chronological with every other release.

those will be fixed when it finally launches early next year

too bad you get an error message when you try searching genres or descriptors

This

lol?

>bringing up ratings when he was talking about descriptors
kys already

Tried that keeps telling me wrong password, I even reset my RYM password and it wont take the new one

>have so few fives compared to total ratings that the bar is invisible
>no numbers next to the bars
>now people will think i have no fives and not try to click on it

mouse on bars displays the numbers

Near the pinnacle of modern music, Eastman's repertoire is so unfairly glazed over in the overly white sophisticate as to make me sick, but to make such beautiful, inspiring works into mere political statements (though that they are, in part) would be to reduce one of the most amazing careers in music ever to nothing more than that of a typical Marxist activist, and that treatment may be a fate even worse than public ignorance.

The works on display here are titanic. "Stay on It" opens the set, and immediately, it is revealed that there is such a thing as a populist minimalist. But that is the name of the game for Eastman - a shatterer of preconceived notions, and one of the very few in the avant-garde to make John fucking Cage seem conservative by comparison (see: his outburst at Eastman's choice of material while performing one of his open-ended pieces that instructed the vocalist to "Give a lecture"). I could go on for days about how "If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?," though the worst of the set, far outstrips the careers of most modern composers entirely; how "The Holy Presence of Joan d'Arc" is a more "classical" approach for Eastman, and it succeeds endlessly; how his highly political "Nigger Trilogy" could easily be called the greatest triptych ever conceived in music; and how the "1, 2, 3, 4!" of "Evil Nigger" separates the most impactful bars of music I've yet heard.

But I won't.

doesnt work when there isn't a bar to hover over

why does montie write reviews when he barely has a basic grasp on the english language?

Compliments to the chef

>that username is already taken
What?

>getting mad at people finding music through the profiles or lists of other people

>>can now search by descriptors
All I really wanted desu.

I am a right-wing Libertarian who fawns over Justin Amash, Thomas Jefferson, Ron Paul, and Austin Peterson. I also like Austrian economics. I dislike Donald Trump with a passion and I have never once said #MAGA unironically. If you want to discuss more political stuff, message me or come on Discord.

Rest in piece sean spicer
U will be gone but u will never be 4gotten

Best way to discover music is to just go on youtube and watch a documentary on the stuff that interests you or read a book. The amount of ignorance that flows through rym with people who have 1,000+ ratings and build an image of themselves without knowing barely anything about the music they listen to is frightening. And it's these same people that create the charts.

rockists are the worst kind of raters

>read this post
>brain instantly grows 5 cubic centimeters
Thanks user

this is the redpill that Sup Forums desperately needs

welcome back boldfaggot

>why listen to a diverse and interesting community's consensus on an album when you could watch a "youtube documentary" produced by one person who can dictate to you what you should listen to.

Do you honestly believe the shit that you write or are you just having a laugh with it?

there is no democracy in music

This is stupid as fuck.

here's a drawing I did for you use it as you wish

Could be better, also.

wait just a minute here

anyone else get an error every time you try to build a chart?

Based Suicide Realist Like Sheogorath

Why do profile pages show a gigantic random picture from their gallery that takes up most of the screen? Disgusting

why not do all of that as well as use rym
ya know, building your resources?
what a useless fucking post, as if you're forced to pay attention to the community.

why is it taking so long to sign up

how to win any internet argument ever 101: "you fucking retard"

he means he's fat and ugly thinks it isn't his fault

rateyourmusic.com/collection/TheHorbgorbler/rating89417423

How do I report this? His reviews are unpublished.

rateyourmusic.com/suggestions

just copy and paste that link into the message and explain away

why isn't my music collection showing up everyone else's is help me sharififiifi

retard

you fucking retard

glitchwave.com/@riceshoes/

this is what the person with the most ratings on glitchwave looks like

It really is amazing how someone so obsessed with things like intersectionality, feminism and LGBT in general is fundamentally just an edgy and insensitive teen

Hate to play armchair psychologist but fuck this is just too obvious

glitchwave is now more broken than in private beta

not surprising to be honessst faammmicom

Namaste ;)

>Best way to discover music is to just go on youtube and watch a documentary on the stuff that interests you or read a book
neither documentaries or books will expose you to hidden gems. they're generally intended to be broad surveys of their topics. the best way to find good music you won't discover elsewhere is to follow certain users on RYM (and Discogs), especially if their tastes are very niche/particular. yeah, there are a lot of clueless teens on RYM but if you look around you'll also come across users with deep knowledge and helpful lists/ratings. you're not using the site to its full potential

I really like Sonemic/Glitchwave so far. Hopefully they'll listen to the feedback and change the layout to feel less bloated, but the new features are really good, and I see some potential in the current layout.

HOLY FUCK THE CHART CREATING IS SO GOOD
IM CRYING THIS IS FANTASTIC
THANK YOU SHARIFI SONEMIC MAY LUNCH I DONT EVEN CARE THAT ITS UGLY

rateyourmusic.com/~aL_Skelly
Hello

rateyourmusic.com/~lad
none of the sonemic profile features seem to be working for me but that may a result of my name change

rateyourmusic.com/~AlRog

What the fuck

How is it even possible to have this many ratings

Are there any non-nazi albums except for lemonade that have disabled comments?

what do you think of Sonemic, lad?

youtube.com/watch?v=ICXcIHDp1xA

All I want is a practical list making feature like Letterboxd has. Something that takes two clicks to do, not 10 like RYM has now

rateyourmusic.com/board_message?message_id=4962734&find=5049314&x=m#msg5049314

holy shit this guy is a douchebag

>Probably only about 20,000 or so are albums
this guy has sex with women

makes sense

By rating singles

haven't been able to test out many of the new features yet. chart building gives me 500 errors. the genre pages seem to be an improvement though
that's another reason i use lbxd for film over rym. list making on rym is unnecessarily cumbersome

>multiple AC/DC albums 5 stars
>every Michael Bolton song and other momrock is .5

How can you listen to so much music and still be so fucking basic?

UHS

>I'm not just an Atheist, I'm a militant Anti-Theist. Why?
>Answer: youtube.com/watch?v=ZuBFxgL6Qto
>THIS is why it is so important to me that we fight back against the toxic stupidity that is Religion. And if that offends you, I'm sorry but the fate of the entire human race is at stake. This is not hyperbole. If you believe the bullshit fairy tale that some imaginary skygod is gonna come back and save us in the nick of time, then YOU are a danger to the survival of our species and our planet. YOU are a danger to my daughters, who will suffer immensely from inevitable climate catastrophe if your bullshit fairy tales continue to be taken seriously and given the respect they don't deserve. So if that offends you, too bad! You need to discard your childish fairy tales and grow up already and start acting like a responsible reality-based adult.

>And to those liberal Christians who say, "But we agree climate change is real and we should be good stewards of the Earth. We're not like those right-wing Christians", I say that's no excuse. You believe the same savior myth they do. And as long as you believe some magical savior will come along some day, you are encouraging (intentionally or not) the climate deniers and promoting complacency and inaction. We can not afford complacency and inaction!

Holy mother of God...

believe it or not some people don't treat music like a TCG

what did you even mean by this post?
yeah they are a dick for being insensitive about chester, but what at all does that have to do with those interests?

AlRog isn't exactly the greatest counterexample to that

Religious idiots BTFO

i bet you take the bible literally instead of metaphorically

Literally was just about to post this.

Sonemic is a great website. Music is my life, and I love rating it.

Sonemic will NEVER fully lunch.

It's evolved.

rateyourmusic.com/~hormonalweepings

rateyourmusic.com/~yurelvis123
hey

looks like somebody likes Mothers