Overrated rappers

Post rappers that you think are overrated. Be fucing honest

I'll start:

- Biggie
- Eminem
- Tupac
- Q-Tip from ATCQ

Probably more but i can't think of them ATM

Note: i'm not trolling, i listened to their music trying to figure out why people like them so much but i don't see why.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qG7W33iVPOc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzvL4O3uomg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

most of them, the average famous rapper has like 2 good verses in their entire career

You're clearly high

Biggie is not overrated, they're still banging hypnotize in the clubs.

Hypnotize is his worst song imo. I like Juicy but the hook and in most of his songs are really wack

Please tell me why you think that they are actually good.

>- Biggie
>- Eminem
>- Tupac

yes, overrated

>- Q-Tip from ATCQ

NO, fuck you.

Q-Tip isnt even the most overrated from ATCQ

Fucking Kendrick.
Being a better rapper than people like Lil Yachty and 21 Savage isn't saying anything. Annoying voice, uses the same flow and rhythm all the time, and gets hailed as a genius for lyrics that vary greatly in quality.

Pac and Biggie too, classic "died at the right time" cases.

Kendrick
Kanye
Tupac
Nas
Future
Biggie
50 Cent

Mobb Deep, Big L, Snoop Dogg, Das EFX, Erick Sermon

agree with all of your picks, and also fucken Jay-Z

This so much. I'm not saying they're bad at what they do (or did) but so many fucking dick riding fucks who worship these fucks for the sake of "real hip hop" are idiots.

I'd also add Logic as I fucking hate that little cunt.

this besides future

biggie had bars

I think his feature game lately is wack af he used to put out fucking sick features like this for example.

youtube.com/watch?v=qG7W33iVPOc

I agree with his flow lately being repetative as fuuuck but his solo work is definitely not overrated. GKMC is fantastic. TPAB is amazing and DAMN was a great album.

Nas
LL Cool J
Snoop

Kanye West ahhh so many dickriders

>biggie
>Overrated
The guy who rapped this youtube.com/watch?v=ZzvL4O3uomg is overrated? Please explain

>Kanye
Wrong

Jay-Z is #1 by far, biggest forced meme in a genre mostly comprised of forced memes.

Joey Bada$$ is the most overrated right now. People give Logic shit for sounding like his contemporaries and not saying anything new, but Joey just gets a pass. Same with J Cole to some extent.

Vince Staples has some good shit, but he blew up too fast for like no reason, and he still doesn't have a really strong project out there imo.

Butterfly from Digable Planets and Shabazz Palaces doesn't do shit for me, doesn't really sound like he has much to say. Same with Ghostface Killah desu.

I couldn't stand tpab but I really loved the kendrick ep and always like him most on black hippy songs. Also for some reason the link you sent made me want to hear him on an outkast track

Hows the resource room bud?

> uses the same flow and rhythm all the time
This is objectively false and the opposite is literally why he's so lauded. You obviously don't actually listen to hip hop music, or are just another dadhop listening lewronggeneration kid.

I agree with you about Qtip

Kanye West because his rapping itself is actually very limited, and he sticks to very simple rhythms/rhymes.

MC Ride because he's kind of a two trick pony in terms of rapping where he has his fast speed rapping and his mid tempo rapping. Considering that Death Grips do make hip hop in the end, such a limited palette of rhythms doesn't help make the music better.

Eminem, while being extremely technical, is very limited in terms of his delivery style because it's almost always shouting in that signature style.

MF DOOM has one the greatest single flows in terms of how unique it is with how the rhythm/rhyme placement goes. But that flow is all he has. He's still very good, but still not GOAT tier.

Check out KMD if you wanna hear DOOM mix his flow up a little

No one had punchlines like L though, i agree he died at the right time for his career and lifestylez had some weak cuts but he was a dope mc

1999 was dope as fuck, especually for a 16 year old and joey had so much promise but he fell off hard

Pac
Carter 3 era wayne
Drake
AZ
Kool keith
Outkast
Common
Not saying theyre all bad just overrated