I'm not trying to bait but I'm seriously wondering how the polls were so wrong this election...

I'm not trying to bait but I'm seriously wondering how the polls were so wrong this election. Like every news outlet was saying Hillary was going to win landslide but here we are now. No matter what side you are on it seemed kind of wierd right?

Because most media outlets are left. You should listen to one of the few right outlets from time to time to form your own opinion.

They weren't "wrong", they just knowingly lied.

That's what media does. From news, to hollywood, to music. It's primarily about indoctrination and propaganda.. profit is secondary. Just look at all the papers that haven't turned a profit for years, or even decades...

Indoctrination, propaganda.

Control the populace. Divide and Conquer. Etc.

You're a dumb ass if you think that the solution to being a brainwashed liberal is to watch the shit that brainwashed conservatives watch. It's like jumping back and forth between two piles of shit. Go fucking formally educate yourself instead of watching "news" and acting like you're politically savvy

the polls don't matter

>how

He's pointing out the fact that the only counter to liberal indoc/propa/lies is right-wing media. Whether you want to admit it or not, even the shittiest right-wing media is absurdly more honest and accurate than liberal/left media.

This is reality, user. Until a better alternative comes around, the right media is the best alternative, and definitely recommended over left media.

You can cry and bitch all you want. It doesn't help, but go ahead. Be left.

Delusion: The Post

There are two theories I've heard that I agree with.

The one that holds the most water for me is that people were somewhat embarrassed they were voting for Trump. The left and the majority of the media was joking about how stupid Trump supporters are. People don't like looking stupid, so they aren't going to be as open or vocal about their support for Trump. They especially wouldn't tell a pollster who they're voting for. They didn't tell everyone what they thought until they went into the voting booth.

The second theory is that Clinton ran a poor campaign. She didn't campaign in the Midwest and states like Michigan. While voters in those states did not like Trump, they saw that he was the only candidate that showed up to their state. His message to them may not have been the best, but at least he had a message, unlike Clinton.

People that decided to vote Trump were sick of listening to the SJWs bitch about how horrible and evil they are for wanting another Hitler and so on. This is particularly true with independants that generally loath both parties and are sick of the "if your not with us then you are against us" bullshit.

I didn't vote Trump and even I can understand not wanting to hear that shit over and over. Easier to just say nothing and let your vote talk.

Ain't that something, the left became the bullying bigots. Got what they deserved.

>even the shittiest right-wing media is absurdly more honest and accurate than liberal/left media

You have to be joking... Do you not understand that you are basically dancing to a different song and saying that you're the one REALLY dancing. You aren't even intelligent enough to see through the dumb shit you believe. How am I supposed to trust your view of reality?

both theories sound about right, also it turns out that voting for trump was stupid.

Just reality, user. Right-wing media is more honest, even if it spends all day every day talking about Jesus, reincarnation, and spreading seas... ffs. I say that, myself, being an atheist that definitely isn't right-wing.

The left is just a corrupt, lying, integrity-lacking shitfest long ago sabatoged and taken hostage by anti-american interests.

All the left does is lie, shit hypocrisy, and lie more.

>even the shittiest right-wing media is absurdly more honest and accurate than liberal/left media.
yeah, no

>Until a better alternative comes around, the right media is the best alternative, and definitely recommended over left media.

Nigga, you for real? The right is just as bad as the left. Both sides are full of authoritarian assholes.

At the very least, make your news as bipartisan as possible. Get some updates from CNN and some from Fox News. If you only go to one news source, you're going to be drinking their kool-aid.

All political polls prove is that a large portion of people will see the polling "results" and go with the winning side because they don't give a shit.

In this election, the people just happened to be passionate enough about Trump to vote the way they actually wanted to, not who the media said was going to win anyway.

I agree, but voting for Clinton was just as stupid. That's why I voted third party.

>You aren't even intelligent enough to see through the dumb shit you believe. How am I supposed to trust your view of reality?
Could say the same thing about you, for the same reasons.

>polls were so wrong this election

They weren´t, because:

1. Polls always have an error margin.

2. Hillary did won the popular vote.

Well the direct cause of Clinton's loss wasn't that people switched their support to Trump; it's that Democrats simply didn't turn out to vote for her because of how horrible she was.
Trump did not outperform previous Republican candidates; in fact in almost all places he underperformed them. But Clinton so drastically underperformed previous Democrats it eclipsed that of Trump, and swung the election to him.

"The left" isn't entirely composed of CNN.

Right-wing media includes shit like Breitbart and Alex Jones, who spew nonsense and fabricate lies.
Left wing media retracts and apologizes for lies, reporters quit over it. But right wing media proudly spews bald faced lies.

I get my news from Fox and InfoWars.

There is no best media anymore. Rather no honest and good media.

As user is saying, you need to see a variety of sources and preferably access them in different orders to reduce partiality. Then its up to you to put together the likely facts or believe whatever you want to believe.

The truth is that both the left and right wing channels are heavily biased and both are spewing propaganda of their own. People who say otherwise are only saying so because it suits their ideology not because it's the objective truth.

US population centers are blue

Yeah it's pretty accepted now that people basically just lied to the pollers. They looked into it and Trump supporters were less likely to admit supporting Trump if the person on the phone sounded black, sounded young, or had an accent.

The polls were well within the margin of error.

>it's that Democrats simply didn't turn out to vote for her because of how horrible she was

This may be the case for Bernie supporters, like me, but I know plenty of Democrats who voted for Clinton because Trump was "literally worse than Hitler."

GG bruh

True. At the very least, AP and Reuters are fairly neutral.

>will you be voting Democrat this election, or are you a sexist?
Its easy to see why people said they weren't going to vote Trump.

Sounds like you're describing the Bradley effect.

That's the worst may as well flush it down the toilet so someone gets payed to clean it up

>98% chance Clinton wins, with a margin of error of 100%.
You missed the point.

They weren't wrong. He lost the popular vote quite soundly. The American system is just built such that the popular vote doesn't matter.

I'm from Michigan and I remember election night as the state was being decided.

CNN was totally confident Clinton would win the state after the returns from Wayne County (Detroit) were fully in. When they did all come in, Clinton easily won the county, but had significantly fewer votes than Obama in 2012, which was much less than Obama in 2008.

Some combination of democratic apathy for Clinton and general apathy because "we was kangz" and racism ended ended 8 years ago.

Thus she lost the state and election.

Bingo

Didn't know fields could vote.

Well said user

I don't really support either but you're right. It was pretty weird and like said it's probably because of the Electoral College suppressing the popular vote. There's also the issue of the FPTP, 2-party system where people are usually voting against, not for, someone.

I knew the candidate I voted for wasn't going to win, but there were plenty of local races on my ballot that it was worth voting on.

It feels great knowing I helped kick Sheriff Joe out of office.

Yup, that's the situation that was replicated all over the swing states.
Obama turned out the blacks, Clinton thought she could count on similar support. But she just didn't have the draw to get them off their asses.
And even among whites, she was largely hated for her corruption. So they sat home too.

You had some of the same effects with Trump, but the largest R voting blocs, seniors and religous conservatives, are far less sensitive to that- they'll turn out and vote R no matter what.

But, and maybe I'm wrong, but don't polls account for the electoral college? Like when a poll comes out that says she has an X% chance of winning doesn't it take into account HOW she'd win (I.E. through the electoral college)? What would be the point if they didn't?

Haha, heard that faggot is going to jail.

Quite soundly.....really

why do u idiots keep saying this shit?

the electoral college picks the president. not the popular vote. exact same thing happened with bush losing florida but electoral college voted him in anyways.

Exactly

Yep. I heard it on the radio today and was satisfied.

God I hope that's true. It'll be a blowout next election.

Clinton won the popular vote.

Another thing to consider is that politics/taxation/community relations are local. Meaning that if you live in a city like Atlanta or Albuquerque or whatever and you own a home (i.e. pay property taxes) you don't give a shit about national or federal level politics. You're probably raising kids and none of this national matters at all. I voted for the party that insulted me the least. The only reason I voted at all was because of bond issues and school board shit. When you own a house this shit is all that matters.

Exactly, they do count for the electoral college and were just fucking wrong or exactly they were pointless statistics because polls weren't considering the win conditions?

So what dum dum

We are a democratic republic and do not decide our presidential election by popular vote

because it was propaganda. any one with 1/4 of a brain can see that.

best way to avoid that shit is to check some major media, but to mostly look at several independent journalists. HNN is one i really like, sargon is ok i guess. and (its called getting different opinions) tyt. but it is easy to spot propaganda with tyt, basically when ever they talk russia/trump.

They were wrong because Trump did much better in states where neither candidate got half the votes.

Both candidates won states with less than 50% of the popular vote:

Hillary won MN, NH, ME, NV, CO, NM, and VA, for a total of 49 EVs.

Trump won UT, WI, MI, PA, AZ, FL and NC, for a total of 108 EVs.

That's a 59 EV swing in states that neither candidate won a majority in. They were too close to all all along

Too bad that doesn't get you shit.

No they weren't. Many state polls were wrong by double digits.

>Admitting to being a bernout.

Why? Sheriff Joe was awesome.

Idiots, do I have to tell you what a stupid idea the electoral collage is?

Yea bro! California and New York should just make all the rules! Rock on brother

Trump lost a huge chunk to Gary Johnson who got more votes Tha. The !ast 4 elections for the libertarian candidate combined.

Sad

Only because of fraud and Gary johnson

It's actually a very good idea. Thank God we have it.

I don't agree with the electoral college. We may disagree with something, but it doesn't change the fact that it's how things work.

At the very least, we should get rid of the winner-take-all system and change it to where candidates receive a state's electoral votes based on their percentage of votes received within a state.

>The one that holds the most water for me is that people were somewhat embarrassed they were voting for Trump.

I think this is mostly accurate.

There is a math, a science behind the polls, so I don't think they were intentionally misleading.

The easiest answer is that Trump supporters were not honest with the pollsters, and were embarrassed to be voting for the losing (and racist) candidate.

Of course, there's always the chance that the election was literally hacked, but I think that's unlikely.

Some states already do that, though not many. Would be interesting if major swing states adopted that method.

He did get way more votes than previous LP elections, but it was still pretty much negligible.
People also think LP draws votes only from team R, but that's not true.
LP supports ending the drug war, restoring the 4th amendment, demilitarizing police, no foreign wars... issues that a lot of liberals really care about- liberals who are increasingly alienated from the democrats as the progressives have taken over. progressives have taken things WAY too far, basically supporting censorship and discrimination in favor of minorities and women.

Media manipulation 100%

Hillary was probably running social media bots, the whole 9 yards.

Shows the primary tactic of slander the let uses works.

In many states he got more than 10% of the vote. For example had he not it run Trump would have won Minnesota and possibly nm and Nevada.

The electoral college is fine the way it is.

Donald Trump is a racist who appeals to racists. No slander, truth.

I want ass buttblasted leftists to return to >>>/reddit/

10%?? as someone who voted for him, i wish.

his best result was NM with 9.34%

Next best was ND with 6.22%

All other states were 5.x% or less

She did win. But the result got overruled by the EC.
Lucky for white Erdogan the US isn't a democracy.

and national average was 3.27%

What you don't understand is that each state has evolved(?) or developed it's own history and respective constitutions. This is more important than most people realize. The US is almost a perfectly balanced sovereign country because of this. Look at the EU- no one knows how to balance Germany and Greece. Portugal and Sweden. The EU will fail. That's not a political opinion. It's like social math.

Hillary pissed off a large number of voters when she cheated bernie out of his nomination, many decided to vote independent or for trump to spite her, or simply not vote at all.

This is bait, both the post and the picture from the TIMES

Nigger

that and the emails. most democrats know deep down what she did was illegal. she lied about it and covered it up, and the FBI director flat out said what she did was illegal, but we're giving her a pass.

there was virtually no crossover to trump, because he was even worse, but the 'stay home' effect was huge, and the direct cause of her loss.

>many decided to vote independent or for trump to spite her, or simply not vote at all.

Yeah, but the polls would have represented that.

The issue is that polls right up till election day showed the majority of people in the swing states voting for Clinton.

The only explanation is that:
the math was wrong (unlikely),
that polls can no longer accurately measure the actual voters (possibly),
or that people lied to the polls (most likely).

>He's pointing out the fact that the only counter to liberal indoc/propa/lies is right-wing media. Whether you want to admit it or not, even the shittiest right-wing media is absurdly more honest and accurate than liberal/left media.
It's like a telenovella. I don't really see that kind of hyperbole in left media unless you go old school occupy, maybe Samantha Bee and stuff, but she's not news she's a satirist.

I've noticed a lot of the whitebred blue collar joes going for Trump don't know the difference between satire and news, or hunches and empirical evidence.

I do watch right wing shows. And by that I mean shows specifically made to cater to that fringe, the ones you're talking about. Say Tomi Lahren or Alex Jones. They're con artists playing gullible people with emotional triggers and selling safe spaces to them at 199 per square foot basically. It's hard to find one of their airings that isn't bullshit start to end. Granted normally it's just a bunch of hysteria and/or plain bullshit much akin to, say, a DPKR news broadcast. But when you deal with people like Alex Jones it's a whole other level. I've seen him take interviews, run them through his AV editing department, and have them come out with 180 degree flipped messages out the other end. He actually fabricates hoaxes. I'm not sure we've ever had to deal with this in the western hemisphere. And of course he sells this shit by accusing literally everybody else of doing it. Better buy his 20x overpriced bonerpills and camping tents right now. Hes got a divorce to afford.

Wrong CNN cuts people off the video feed when they speak against their agenda, FOX lets them continue speaking

The trips checks out.

>trips
>an idiot AND an autist

sad

The Jews

Fuck off kike

They didnt vote for her because she wasnt black, not a SINGLE other reason

Reality is racist.

>I'm seriously wondering how the polls were so wrong this election.

It's really really easy. The art of polling is taking really shit data (people answering questions) and calibrating it to create a predictions.

However the calibration is only accurate based on historical data.

Problem is the voters hated both Hillary and Trump very much more than any other election previously. That the polls weren't calibrated for an election where 70% of the voters hated both candidates. And thus the predictions were garbage.

Nigger

My nigger

Being this delusional.

>Say Tomi Lahren or Alex Jones. They're con artists playing gullible people with emotional triggers and selling safe spaces to them at 199 per square foot basically
I mean take Tomi's interview with Trevor Noah, that just displayed it perfectly. I'm not sure if you've seen it. The gem isn't the interview itself, the interview itself was nuanced, respectful, calm. They both managed to reach out and have a serious discussion.

Then Tomi goes home, fires up the ole cam, and starts broadcasting what could be her dying words going by her tone, raving about going into the "lion's den" and almost being "torn apart."
The 2017 republican is essentially that drama chick you dated in your late twenties, and felt you missed a bullet by dumping by your early thirties. The kind who's always at defcon one, who splits people between godlike and literally satanic, who's always minding some drama and getting into some feud, because she takes everything personally. It's all about her because people can't stop thinking about her because surely she's so great and "they" are trying to "get her down," always. The kind of broad you don't want to talk to after several weeks of this shit cause it's always about some toxic bullshit vendetta she's imagining.

Course Tomi's not this unstable, she's just profiting from it. It's a good business. They click on a lot of ads, they religiously follow broadcasters who tell them what they want to hear. It doesn't need to make sense or follow actual rational deduction. They're under siege, and your job is to convince them that their worst fears don't begin to encapsulate it, and their first priority should be to pay you.

baby's first troll

Nigger

Plenty did vote for her because she's a woman. The sad thing for the dems is tey need gimmicks for people to vote for them

Not weird to me. The MSM doesn't truly believe in democracy, thus the collusion, special coverage, and special treatment of Killary.

The most important part of reading the news is reading between the lines, or if you're into CNN or WSJ read between the lies.

I just feel like we are living in a "what if" universe from twilight zone or Star Trek. Like "what if" the nazis won WWII... what if Trump won the presidency. Everything is going to crumble.

Literally any other place than the US, getting more votes usually means you win an election. Otherwise it's not called an election, it's called an appointment. And Trump was appointed by the EC in spite of the election result.

They did actually.. It was those trump tards on here realized that they could vote multiple times on the poles.
So trump hired many people to do this. All these trump trolls aren't us. They are paid..