Serial killer

>serial killer
>he has a genius IQ and listens to classical music

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/technology-27762088
wisegeek.com/how-does-a-lack-of-evidence-affect-a-case.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=p5favl2Qtx0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sociopathy tends to be correlated with either extremely high or extremely low IQ. Guess which one makes a more interesting character?

Dumb frogposter.

I bet you haven't even mutilated a single arm or leg.

>Genius character
>Plays chess, listens to classical music, and eats gourmet food

>Reddit frogposter
>genius level intellect, just lazy and an underachiever

>frogposter
kysmm

I have tried to become a serial killer a few times, but it just feels weird.

>Sociopathy tends to be correlated with either extremely high
No it doesn't.

For a fairly original movie like Ex Machina this really annoyed the fuck out of me. Isaac's character was pretty much the opposite of the cliche movie evil detached genius in all respects but then he listens to the corniest LE EVIL CLASSICAL music

No. Also "Sociopathy" isn't real and hasn't been used in any serious medical or mental health discussion in decades.

>pedophile
>has a job that involves being around young children
>has a functional family, wife and children

>Ex Machina
>fairly original

lad...

Yes?

not him, but the only serial killers who are able to get away with it for any extended period of time HAVE to be incredibly intelligent or else they'd get caught

Do you not understand that those people are a EXTREME minority within an extreme minority?

so what youre getting at is youre tired of cliches?

it is, not many movies honestly dealt with turing test, still hasn't been done after ex machina... disappointed...

How is it not real?

You tried? Describe your multiple attempts.

>I'm having an old friend for dinner

I don't get it. Why would he have dinner with Chilton? Did Chilton help him escape? Was it some kind of victory dinner?

It's a colloquial term that has no medical meaning

NAME THREE MOVIES WHERE THIS HAPPENS

what people refer to as "sociopathy" is actually the textbook definition of "psychopathy"

people seem to think that "psychopath" means "MOMS GONNA FREAK" when really it means what people think "sociopath" does

"sociopathy" as a term does not exist in the DSM

Does anyone else want to join me in paying a lot of attention to this user?

The term psychopathy is just as outdated and meaningless as sociopath. What most people are talking about when they describe a "psychopath" is a set of features that really doesnt exist as a singular diagnosis but is sually just some version of ASPD or DPD

Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs, and Red Dragon

dumb frogposter

they just get better because More Experience

I don't know if still true -- but at one time most serial killers got caught because victim gets away / escapes. now probably DNA

why didn't the eagles just fly Claire to buffalo bills house?

and how did the fbi find her?

psychiatry/psychology is a pseudoscience

Autistic pedantry. Some people are more empathetic than others, this is an observably varying trait. Those with the least empathy are sociopaths.

Getting away with murdering random people is actually pretty easy, user. You watch too much CSI I think.

>Red Dragon
>Silence of the Lambs

They are not smart though

>OP
>giant homo fag cuck

He also tears up the fucking dancefloor, dude, check it out.

>Some people are more empathetic than others, this is an observably varying trait. Those with the least empathy are sociopaths.

Holy critic do you honestly believe that you can be this reductive with the abstract concept of "empathy " as it applies to something as infinitely complex as the human brain and mental health?

A lack of empathy is a tenant of like 95% of personality disorders

Do you mean the test hasn't been passed? If so, it kind of has: bbc.com/news/technology-27762088

Not really, most serial killers get caught because they had severe autism, not because they weren't particularly smart.

Then he couldn't have said that stupid fucking line

This

It's the equivalent of MOM'S GONNA FREAK for edgy serial killers.

You must have a tiny computer.

>Killer who isn't a genius
>Is literally retarded
>Lives in a rundown house
>Is either only nice to animals or is an animal abuser
>Has a weird problem with his Mom
>Has violent temper tantrums when things don't go his way

Name three holiday tv specials where this happens

Probably not, but you probably only discover the ones at the ends of the scale hence the beliefs all sociopaths are either one of these extremes

Low IQ because they can't control it, high IQ because they need to explore it

Both resulting in them getting caught most of the time

Average IQ ones probably have an easier time surviving in everyday life

Not it just means that they need to be smart where it counts. They need to know how to get away with it. Like Richard Kuklinski isn't a very smart man, he's just logical enough to know how to dispose of bodies.

Being emotionless is a huge advantage to anyone doing complex things like murder. It allows you to think logically and act accordingly to the situation. Most people get caught because they get emotional and that makes them sloppy.

>it's a pointing out tropes in movies thread

>villian that is shown as a merciless, murdering psychopath/serial killer
>some one says "Jesus Christ!" or "Goddamn"
"please do not take the lord's name in vain."

Name 2

Why?

And yet you probably hate niggers and fantasize about having a girlfriend.

lmao just look away nigga

Actually most of them are druggy losers who fuck their own brains up because it's easier to indulge in their sickness than try fixing it.
They may, as a whole, have an IQ scale in line with the non-aspd population (bear in mind some studies found that aspd people are more likely to come from a poor background, possibly indicating a correlation with low IQ), but they fuck themselves over with their lifestyles.
I hope they all drug themselves into oblivion, they are the cancer cells infecting civilization.

Ui shauytomen

why is classical music the go to for smart people? Is classical music really so much more complex than modern music? like wow a piano, clarinet, trumpet, and some strings are playing that's so much more complex than a 5 man rock band

what's the rent?

You don't need to be smart to like it, it's just much more dynamic and thoughtful than most music. Listen to some Mozart; he's obviously a huge meme, but it's honestly some of the most beautiful music ever made.

(you)

Music nowadays is seen as a means of expression, so its themes are common and overdone. Music in the past was seen exclusively as art to be admired, not noise to escape to. It's more captivating, it's grand, and it's larger than life rather than being something relatable.

It's definitely a lot more complicated and fleshed out than a 5-man rock band but that's not really the appeal. If you go to an art museum you don't "love a painting that tells you what you're feeling in an enjoyable and insightful manner", you admire art for its quality and complexity.

It's not for smart people, because if you ask nearly anyone they'll say they enjoy or admire classical music too. It's really just an entirely different thing, and "smart people" will probably be less interested in the things modern music has to offer

You just described heterosexual white male, which most of pedophiles are

t-tony?

>It's definitely a lot more complicated and fleshed out than a 5-man rock band but that's not really the appeal
I wrote this really stupidly, what I mean is that it's not enjoyed because it's "better music", it's enjoyed because of its own qualities. It's not comparable to modern music.

can't tell if memeing or just retarded

As a sociopath myself, I'd have to agree.

buijlmlyzxcbmgsaqqqegbnjkoppojvyaaqr

this

Most serial killers get away with things for so long because the cops are lazy assholes. Check out the times they almost caught the Yorkshire Ripper and Jeffrey Dahmer, but the cops cucked it all up.

Sociopaths aren't Vulcans or Terminators, shithead. They have emotions, just shallow and base ones like anger and fear.

>serial killer
>he has a hand fetish

As per usual, name 23 Kinos where this happens then we'll talk.

Must be natural selection. Killers that are not smart enough get caught before they manage to become serial

KOCHI YO MIRO

Name 3 threads where this happens.

there are at average 50 active serial killers every year in the us, half of those get caught and more than half of those get released due to lack of evidence

Heh. Your post reminds me a little of myself.

So classical music turns people into serial killers? Interesting.

How can they be classified as serial killers when it never got proven?

wisegeek.com/how-does-a-lack-of-evidence-affect-a-case.htm

>Listen to some Mozart; he's obviously a huge meme

you need to make some changes in your life user.

That still doesn't change the fact that they can't be classified as released serial killers if they aren't convicted.

Is CSI:Miami and Dexter kino?

>Gary Leon Ridgway (born February 18, 1949) is an American serial killer known as the Green River Killer. He was initially convicted of 48 separate murders and later confessed to nearly twice that number. As part of his plea bargain, an additional conviction was added, bringing the total number of convictions to 49, making him the most prolific American serial killer in history according to confirmed murders. He murdered numerous women and girls in Washington State during the 1980s and 1990s.[1]

>Ridgway was born the second of three boys in Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1949. His home life was somewhat troubled; relatives have described his mother as domineering and have said that young Ridgway witnessed more than one violent argument between his parents.[4] As a young child, Ridgway was tested with an IQ of 82, signifying below average intelligence.

You can always watch music, too.
youtube.com/watch?v=p5favl2Qtx0

it's an estimated number, it's not like they went out and pointed at people calling them serial killers

So why not make a movie about the people that are an EXTREME minority within an extreme minority?

>posts in Sup Forums

criminal minds

because the number of characters in media not being proportional to the number of real-life people with corresponding personalities, genders, skin colors and whatever the fuck else is racist, sexist, classist, homophobic, islamophobic, bigoted and toxic

are you calling this guy intelligent
>raped and murdered 33 teenage boys

People watch movies because they like to see scenarios or characters they are not likely to see in real life yet you think this is a problem?

Only because there are more whites in the country.

Relative to their population, likelihood of child abuse compared to background population rate:

American Indian +100%
Blacks +92%
Hispanics no difference
Whites -35%
Asian -67%

>movie about a brutal serial killer
>killer goes all psycho-emotional after killing a victim relevant to the plot
>"shhh shhh it's going to be okay"

>serial killer who's been active for decades
>portayed as super intelligent
>victim gets away because he didn't tie the knot properly

he was able to get multiple well jobs in middle management despite looking like he does and being a fucking weirdo so I'd say he is doing better than most of Sup Forums in the intelligence department

It seems incredibly easy to get away with murder if you target random people.

>stalk someone for a week or so
>learn their routine
>grab your sharpest knife out of the kitchen
>get any number of easily and commonly obtained chemical that can render a person unconscious / unable to react in seconds
>kill them with knife
>destroy all evidence like your clothes and weapon and make sure you don't leave any prints or DNA behind

There'd be no way they'd trace it back to you, especially if it was a one off thing just to see if you could do it.

*well paying jobs

even the average psychopath is too lazy to do all that shit for one random person

Ah yes, because Grim Sleeper or Ciudad Juarez killers are masterminds instead of people who realize that society doesn't give a shit about poor immigrant/junkie women dying

Honestly if you're skilled enough with a knife to kill someone via their neck as soon as they answer the door then it seems just as easy top get away with it as long as you're not drenched in blood where someone could spot you.