How do I cut my emotions off?

How do I cut my emotions off?
Like how do I turn them off? I don't wanna feel those feelings. How do you do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iCvmsMzlF7o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I will tell you if you send me 10$ using paypal.

Relax and take some deep breaths. maybe try haming a nap or listening to music. works for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's something that just sort of happens. After living in missery for so long, you just kind of shut dwn in a way.

Go to bed Tara.

I did it by accepting hatered and darkness i almost completely cut off all of my emotions i dont even smile anymore because it is funny i smile just to be "polite" when others laugh i forcefuly laugh just focus yourself on only one emotion i chose mine as hatered

Pot

Bad news OP, humans don't have a single thought not based in emotion. You can't turn it off ever. You're going to have to learn to cope.

Adderall

this

You dont. Unless you were born with some kind of mental illness that specifically helps with that , you cant do it.
What you can do , is pretend you dont have emotions untill it becomes second nature. Far enough down the line , you'll have convinced yourself you're emotionless. Enough to give less fucks , at the very least.

this

inhale ah, exhale om.

You shouldn't try to not feel the feels, OP. It's the worst thing you can do. The repressed always returns. Take it from a fag who knows. The only way to deal with the feels is through talking about them, providing a narrative for how you got to where you are. Also, the feels are like the weather: they're inevitable. You can't avoid them. The only thing you can do is accept them and stop fighting. Put a raincoat instead of trying to outrun the clouds.

TL;DR counseling/therapy and mindfullness practice.

this is one of the most edgy things ive read in a while

My feelings are dull for years and im just getting started im not feeling a bit depressed or lonely what is bad about it ?

Sorry man i have sleeping problems this is my 3rd day without sleep so my typing is shit i just wanna type it and send it

i'm constantly trying to emphasize and connect with my own emotions with constant failure... you absolutely want to feel those feelings, and you should take every effort to hang on to that ability.

How's that working out for your relationships?

Drugs

This. Feeling the feels is the healthiest thing to do.

ow the edge.

Antidepressants. Specifically Zoloft. When I was on it I was unable to cry or feel sad or scared, but I was also unable to feel horny or happy. I was basically a robot. It was really weird.

You could shut up.

You don't want to cut them off, you want to control them. Living life without emotion sucks. Everything just becomes an annoyance or some sort of inconvenience. I suppose it allows me to see when emotions are pointless and cause nothing but issues. I just wish I could go back to feeling like a normal person and less like a statue.

Can vouch, I feel amazing when taking amphetamines

You do realize you're depressed, right?

You're only sad because you're a piece of shit, guess own it or whatever

Read "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck." I read it during the summer between high school and college while my dad was in chemo, and it changed the way I approached anger/sadness. Effectively: negative emotions can be a good thing, but they aren't the "thing" you should turn toward with every bad experience in your life. For the situations that don't matter, learn to not give a fuck.

Let them be, just like you're being.

Find your true self, you're not a person.

Don't identify with your personality. It's just an idea that's there.

You just perceive the idea, you perceive the feelings, you perceive your senses, you perceive thoughts. You just perceive. You are not that.

Leave all desires, all judgements, literally. You're not that.

A self without desires is free. Be free.

Just fall into an endless pit of despair.

You'll be sad at first but then you won't feel anything at all.

It's pretty great, if we're being honest.

Here's how.

Read this, search it on amazon:
Liber Null & Psychonaut

This.

U dont. Its so much worse if u manage to do that. Dont go down that path.

Use your mind to crush your mind.

it's called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
Look it up, it works.

apathy is the true hell, it's never worth trying to become unable to feel emotion. even if the pain you feel seems hellish to you, you can actually be glad to have the ability to feel it, feel the pressure building up, making you grasp for the straw you'll eventually pull yourself out with. after every down there's an up, it just never looks like you'll reach it again until you're on top once more, leaving another pile of bullshit behind you. just don't fool yourself into a fantasy of eventual heaven on earth, you'll be bombarded with massive quantities of bullshit throughout your whole life, that comes free, unfortunately unlike the bright and beautiful things. recognizing those among the colossal shitstorm requires some actual skill, but don't be afraid, crash and burn and emerge stronger and every time a little bit wiser, able to focus on what counts more and more. to take away those feelings, good or bad, what a lack of joy that would be, what a teacher you would miss out on.

This.

Don't shut off emotions. Don't block emotions.

Deal with your emotions. Face your emotions.

Let your emotions overcome you and see how they wash away like the waves of the ocean, leaving you clean as they pass.

You pretend.

I'm not sad or upset, I'm just tired. Very, very tired.

I hate mc donalds but still thanks for the food

Practice. But trust me when I say you don't want to do that. I'm finding that turning them back on is Mich more difficult than turning them off was.

But without the trash you can't get that feeling that you're the trash in the empty parking lot. Just something irrelevant floating in an empty space.

what's the story on this photo ?

Maybe see a therapist and accept the help they offer, you have to want it. Drugs are good until they are bad. Or, maybe, stop being a little cunt and realize your life could be a shit load worse and be grateful for what you have. If none of my suggestions help. An hero.

Depression doesn't mean sad, depression means you don't feel everything. You feel like a robot, and everything is kinda muted, and you don't feel like anyone else. Everything is just a grind, something to endure. That's depression.

I know this because a side effect of a medication I took awhile back was depression, and I didn't realize that's what it was until I described it to a doctor.

Here is how I do it. The key lies in visualisation. I often imagine an alternate version of me ripping my heart out when even I feel sad. Then I just feel nothing. Which is often, even worst than being sad

but a big mac / large fry is gods gift to this beautiful earth, throw in a 10 piece nugget while you're at it.

Stick a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger. Emotions off permanently.

quads confirm

/thread

Try Prozium

If you mean love didnt have any dont need any when i wanted to fuck i fucked im not handsome im normal i aquired them illegaly mostly picked those who were just tried drugs thoes who i didnt trust atleast 80% i gave their profiles to dealer so if they get killed not my problem my hands are clean

First think about all the shit and disappointing things that have happened to you every day until you become jaded enough to stop expecting good things to happen, then you can decide when you want to care about things.

Well, I suspect OP doesn't want to become a complete sociopath.

Mr horse hit 88mph and his clog fell off.

My quads was on a post referencing cutting off all emotions. This world isn't so bad after all. I still feel nothing.

Just stop caring

You can cut off emotions by entering a zen state.

youtu.be/iCvmsMzlF7o

Thanks that made me smile