>ZOMG RIP DAVID BOWIE :((((((
>I WAS HIS BIGGEST FAN IN THE ENTIRE WORLD
>ZIGGY STARDUST IS THE GREATEST ALBUM EVER
>SOMEWHERE, SOME PLACE DAVID BOWIE IS FLOATING IN SPACE OR STANDING ON MARS
>HE WAS SOOOOO SEXY
>MY EYES ARE CRYING BECAUSE DAVID BOWIE IS DEAD
>THE EARTH IS 5 BILLION YEARS OLD AND YOU LIVED WHERE DAVID BOWIE WAS ALIVE
>I HAVE A LIGHTNING BOLT AND A WHITE FACE FOR BOWIE GUACAMOLE

Does it get anymore unbearable than this?

>Does it get anymore unbearable than this?

Give it a few days, user.

Can you really blame the people saying he was really sexy?

it's a meme, man.
nobody actually cares that he died.
it's the same with chester.

>I was David Bowies only true fan
>At one time I was a unique snow flake that loved David Bowie

"David Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art. All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena (just like Coca Cola and Barbie before them); however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own. With Bowie the science of marketing becomes art; art and marketing become one. There were intellectuals who had proclaimed this theory in rebellious terms. Bowie was, in many ways, the heir, no matter how perverted, of Andy Warhol's pop art and of the underground culture of the 1960s. He adopted some of the most blaspheme issues and turned them upside down to make them precisely what they had been designed to fight: a commodity."

You're retarded if you think he's a literally who.

No, but it shouldn't take his death for people to realise that

Never said that, but it's more of the fact that this new wave of "fans" came out of the rubble once he died.

it's more like
>casual listeners can't be aware of classics
>what the fuck, all these casual listeners are aware of classics and just don't talk about them because they aren't on dedicated music discussion boards
>how dare other people admit they enjoy what i enjoy

>(not true, by the way)

I thought those were just kids showing how cool they are on Tumblr/Twitter... but then what is so wrong with that..even if it seems a bit disrespectful and saddens one doesn't it expose the younger audience to his work.

But why is it a bad thing that more people enjoy his music now?

Bowie
>a literally who

boy is summer nearly over yet?

You are wrong. alot of people care.
I cried when Bowie died.
I'm not crying for chester, but i feel bad about it too. Hybrid Theory wasn't a bad album

i wish nobody cared that would've been funne

I just find it annoying how these people claim to be David Bowie superfans purely because he died. Hell, you can like his music now all you like, I heavily encourage it. I just find these sort of comments to be obnoxious and transparent.

no one rushes to make a tweet when someone they respect or have adored for years passes away. It's just people being people.

>bowie drops AOTY and then dies
Loved and enshrined into the hall of the greats.
>Chester drops the sell out trash
People leave edgy comments on naruto amvs on youtube

Hmmm

I find the "I liked him for longer" fans far more annoying. You're probably not old enough to like him from the very start anyway, you're just a wannabe hipster.

>I cried when Bowie died.
unlike most people here i don't mid you but really?
do you not have any problems in life, or do you just cry about everything like i do?

For some reason my dad didn't listen to him at all, when he listened to pretty much everything else rock and roll wise, including a lot of progressive rock.

So when he died the notoriety and people going "he wasn't just some pop icon, his songs are actually well written" got me to listen to his discography.

He is now one of my favorite artists because I can't listen to happy music, but I actually enjoy a lot of his upbeat music. There is a strong feminine quality to his pop music, and if you want to ignore how important that is to music, that's fine, but just because I was introduced to him because of his death doesn't remove my ability to analyze his music.

You wouldn't catch me saying "hurrr heroes is a classic album" or any bullshit like that, because I don't pretend to have historical perspective, but even comparing him to modern artists, a lot of his stuff holds up.

I have plenty of problems in my life. and i don't cry about everything but i cry about some things.

What really made me cry is how his final work was about his own death, and the way he touches the subject of death in blackstar is incredibly heart-wrenching

The worst offenders came with Michael Jackson's death. Most people who talked trash about him would defend him to high heavens if you made a single joke about the guy. A friend of mine is the perfect example:

>play a Michael Jackson song in college
>"user why the fuck are you listening to this pedophile shit?"
>a year or so after MJ dies
>"It sucks user, I really wanted to see him at his final tour"

Look I understand that, I'm not attacking those people that keep it to that extent. It's the people that go way beyond that and suddenly become huge fans purely because of his death

You don't know anything about me.