tfw when you will see Calvin and Hobbes bastardized in your life time

> tfw when you will see Calvin and Hobbes bastardized in your life time
> bill will eventually die
> rights go to his wife
>wife eventually dies
> rights go to his son, who is a tard iirc
> soon after the wife died studio executives are knocking on the tard sons door offering 20$ and fizzy gummy bears for the rights
Mark my words it will happen

>tfw when you will see Calvin and Hobbes bastardized in your life time

The rights to Calvin & Hobbes might be tied up in a trust, stipulating that only reprints of the original cartoon strips can be reprinted and banning any fucking around?

nah, by the time that happens popular culture won't care about Calvin & Hobbes anymore. There are lots of very successful comic strips from the 20th Century that are just.. forgotten. Like Pogo which Bill Watterson took influence from.

Never read them growing up so I don't care whether they are bastardized or not. If they do make an animated movie in a similar style to The Peanuts Movie then i'll watch it because the art style is really good and I think it could be well translated to 3D

Yes, but you see, the two comics above are funny.

Your comic terminally.... not.

no one gives a fuck about your paper strips grandpa

the only ones of relevance these days are garfield because hes still "current" with other mediums and charlie brown so hipsters can make jokes and references about it to seem cool and vintage

you paid for your coffin yet ? hahaha, go to sleep old man and take out those fake chompers and give your boyfriend a good blowie

You're average person has never heard of Pogo. Everyone knows Calvin and Hobbes.

you are gonna be dead in less than 30 years

;_;

I really love how his artwork would change

>his childhood didn't involve reading calvin and hobbes by the fireplace

I'm seriously fucking sorry for you

>hipsters make jokes about peanuts to seem 'vintage'
>garfield started in 1978

How the fuck old are you

Are you 12?

> not buying the collection books and reading them on long car rides.

Jesus you faggots just missed out.

Foxtrot also was enjoyable

how old are you ?

I don't think you know how hipsters work old man

Nigga I got all the books

I did the exact same thing. I honestly miss packing a backpack full of comics and books for trips

Very bittersweet.

>hipsters only steal shit form the 50s
>hipsters would use something as mainstream as Peanuts

One of us is super fucking high, legit not sure who.

Mine were
Calvin n Hobbs
Far side
Baby blues
And random MAD magazines

Because Watterson is a real artist who could draw a realistic T-Rex flying a realistic jet fighter when he wanted to.

> blowie

*SYSTEM ALERT......FOREIGN CITIZEN COMMENTING ON U.S. CREATIVE PROPERTIES......DISREGARD OPINION OF SAID CITIZEN*

Nostalgia aside, C&H was never good. Very few, and I mean very few, comic strips were.

Yes I know
Which is why I love him

but you DO see how Wattersno's art & themes closely resemble what Pogo did earlier right?

everyone knows Calvin & Hobbes now just as how everyone knew about Pogo 40 years ago. 20 years from now no one will have heard of Calvin & Hobbes

>20 years from now no one will have heard of Calvin & Hobbes
No because a lot of people like me have all the trade paperbacks and read them to there kids

I'm fucking crazy enough to not only have every single book put out with Calvin and Hobbes, but I also went ahead and purchased the fucking Complete Collection.

I always have one in the bathroom so I can nostalgia-trip while taking a shit.

My nigga

Did your parents read trade paperbacks of Doonesbury to you? I thought not. My parents tended to read things like Narnia books or A Wrinkle in Time to me since every sentence wasn't visually contextual.

>he doesn't know he's already in good hands

I have both versions as well.

Sweet, my man.
Id do calvin and Hobbes, Archie digests (which werent great, but comfy), Peanuts, Garfield, some far side, and random strips like Zits and like the only Over the Hedge collection Ive seen in stores

Calvin & Hobbes would be treated better in other hands. Watterson is sitting on a gold mine out of spite

No I read stuff myself

Pogo was never really as popular as Peanuts or Calvin and Hobbes.

I said the same thing about someone complaining about Krazy Kat being forgotten: as great as I think that and Pogo are, Calvin and Hobbes just relates to a much wider audience, same with Peanuts. They're going to last a long time (Peanuts more so since its saturated into american culture).
Krazy Kat and Pogo are influential for many reasons, but theyre definitely not as funny to the average joe as a Calvin and Hobbes comic.

He already has dozens of millions of dollars, if not hundreds. He lives in seclusion in Montana. He can eat foie gras and caviar and kobe beef wrapped in king crab stuffed in lobster tail poached in vintage Krug every day for the rest of his life.

>mad magazines
Have they gone full Shillary defense force this election or are they neutral?

Are they actually still doing MAD?

Actually, he said that particular strip was a pain in the ass for him.
Not because it was too difficult to draw, but because he had to adapt the T-Rex's anatomy to fit the plane's cockpit, and that kind of felt like cheating.

That's how much of a fucking perfectionist he was.