What are your Tier 2 shows?

The "greatest shows ever" are often discussed, but what about the Tier 2 shows?

The kind of shows you'd give a solid B+. They aren't perfect, but they reliably provide fun, comfy entertainment.

> Burn Notice
> MacGyver
> Monk
> Longmire
> The X-Files

What TV shows, despite their faults, are always comfy and entertaining?

>It's a burn notice thread
finally

>Burn Notice
>Fiona is supposed to be attractive

I can only suspend my disbelief so far.

Johnny's back.

Haha perhaps, but she still looks good for 46

Law & Order, the Lennie Briscoe years

USA Network fills this tier nicely. I've liked pretty much every show by them that I gave a chance, but never enough to call it a favorite. Psych, Monk, Dead Zone, Burn Notice, The 4400...

Only show listed so far that is consistent throughout.

House averages at a B. Let down purely by the last few seasons.

Banshee

I really liked Flashpoint.

1-4 was a really fun run. But yeah, it ran out of gas very visibly.

I think lots of FX shows fit this category for me. Wilfred, Legit, Sons of Anarchy (seasons 1 and 2), and Archer. This is a good idea for a thread, though. For once in a long time I'm genuinely interested in what other anons have to say on the subject.

agreed, they've had years of solid shows to choose from

Fucking Hell on Wheels. It aint the best but I enjoyed it greatly.

I stopped watching it a few episodes in for reasons not related to quality, should I continue?

Penny Dreadful, before S3 at least.

Boston Legal.

Wouldn't name it among my favorites, but enjoyed it thoroughly

The Shield

Wheeler Dealers
Squidbillies
How It's Made
Clarence
reruns of Big 10 college football games

Yes it is actually pretty good.

Jericho anybody?
Probably the worst writing I've seen in the comfiest show ever made.

Oh man season 1 finale/season 2 opening was great. New Bernfags get out.

>Jericho anybody?
me.
>Probably the worst writing I've seen in the comfiest show ever made.

you mean season 2 of course?

Who LF Nikita here?

this was so terrible. How they just calmly celebrated halloween in the third EP and kept on using money was absolutely baffling. And most of the actors were shit. Black CIA dude was great though. Happy they also picked him for TWD

Classic comfy. Many fond memories of watching this on a big blue couch in the TV room late at night.

I remember coming crack from school and watching MacGyver at my grandma's house

always wanted to be like michael. tried to rewatched it recently. it didnt age well.

Vikings
Tyrant
Kettering incident
Stranger Things
The Strain
Fear the Walking dead
Ballers
Wayward pines s1
Transperant
War and Peace
The Man in the high Castle
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell

GOAT average shows

MacGyver was and is great. I always wanted to have that flek flyers jacket he wore in one episode

Burn Notice is an A for fun and like D+ for production.

It's really poorly written and poorly produced but the cast is consistently charming.

All of those, breaking bad, supernatural seasons 1-6

Shield is an A grade series though. Rivals the likes of The Wire, The Sopranos and Deadwood. It's a rung above Breaking Bad.

I remember every day after school at 4:00 there would be an episode of MacGyver at the ready.

This was the worst part of the show to be honest.

>"QUICK SKELET-I MEAN FIONA, GO SEDUCE THAT YOUNG MAN WHO CAN DO INFINITELY BETTER THAN YOU FOR A WOMAN"

Otherwise I loved it so much, makes me sad that a show has never done undercover as entertainingly as it since.

I could watch Mike and Sam work cover IDs forever.

The dialogue and character development really. I mean the story itself isn't bad, but the characters moving it forward, minus Hawkins (saved by Lennie James performance), were all pretty awful.

Banshee, which its 3rd season is probably top-tier. And Black Sails. So much fun. Way more fun than anything else on television in my opinion.

While Donovan is the subject, Touching Evil was fun. Too bad it was only one season. But yeat another solid, entertaining show from USA.

likewise, they had some really fun covers. those were always the most fun for me

i'd still fuck fi, though

i didnt find it bad until 'jews want more schekels happening'.

Psych.

It's so comfy and fun.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Stargate SG-1 yet.

Moonlighting
X-Files
Buffy
House
Charmed
Flight 29 Down

psych for sure. its so stupid, yet it never fails to put a smile on my face

>Stargate SG-1
>Tier 2

Halt and Catch Fire is a recent one for me.

>SG-1
>Not top tier

shameless season 5 and on

season 1-4 was gg

>X-Files and Buffy
What do you consider a tier-1 show?

Renegade. I loved that show growing up. I doubt it has aged well, but I always remember having a blast watching it.

Mediocre

Its pretty much a textbook example for this thread. Not perfect, but consistently fun.

jesus christ

What are some shows you like?

I would even argue that Banshee is A-list show. Fucking class A-action scenes.

even tier 2 shows are just bad enough that i'm annoyed by their failures.

i've tried to watch them but their corniness is so unpleasant that i stop watching.

Sup Forums was so obsessed with hannibal and i tried it out. apparently it gets better, but the first seven or so episodes were a bunch of episodic cop dramas with a literally magically autistic protagonist.

pass

It wasn't the show I was referring to. Touching Evil was a bong show. It had Sheev as a villain in the first season.

>How It's Made

that's one of the finest documentary shows of the past decade. they dedicate every moment to how things are produced with minimal human interest garbage. you actually learn the process of "how it's made" for the most part

even lauded shows like planet earth have some big gay anthromorpised animals or environmental message. it's NOVA with a mechanized theme.

also
NOVA

That 3rd season was phenomenal. Shame that Cinemax cut the season order and only gave the writers 8 episodes to wrap it all up.

I have 3 episodes left of Season 2 of X-files. bretty good.

>criminal minds
>AHS
>the blacklist
>brooklyn 99
>gotham

damnnnn B, i agree it felt like one of those 1 plot per episode shows but it perfectly paves the way for the story and reallyshows the relationships between the characters.

>X-Files
>Tier 2
It's up there with Twilight Zone.

does will stop having "perfect empathy" or whatever gay superpower that the writers gave him?

jesus fuck that was lame

>Macgyver
>Tier 2

you know what, FUCK YOU

Bates Motel

Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, other shows like this

uh i think he keeps it for a while but it becomes an actual plot point later on instead of a stupid gimmick

stargate sg1 and atlantis are the goat B tier shows

All that Reddit shit. Actually, just B99 and AHS. Trashed.

Name a superior guilty pleasure show.
I suspect you cannot

Guilty pleasure? I openly suggest to people that they watch it with the ceveat that you have to get through the first 4-5 teen drama episodes and then it gets solid as fuck.

Falling Skies.

But God damn fuck that entire last episode.

>Kettering incident

X-files is definitely a tier 1 tv show.

Psych is the comfiest show ever

>No Alicia Witt from Cybill
>No Claire Fisher from Six Feet Under
>No one played by Molly C. Quinn
You're missing out, two thirds of your waifu a shit.

Spoil me please, I couldn't make through the second season.

This please. What happened with the other tall aliens?

I'd put Peaky Blinders on that list.

The tall aliens are the overseers of the skitter army. Its heavily implied through the early seasons that they're conquering worlds in preparation for some massive threat that will need all the galaxy to band together and fight back. They took Earth to use as fodder/resources for this burgeoning army and had conquered plenty of other planets before it.

They throw it all away and add a queen who's buttmad because her daughter tried to conquer earth thousands of years ago and died to spears (when our most powerful conventional weapons pale in comparison to their tech).

Oh and all of this is explained in a 2 minute monologue by said Queen that we only found out existed like 5 episodes before the finale.

which two thirds so I know if I need to kill you

Not Jane Levy

mmmm you can live... this time