Major Tom

I woke up or Buzzin' Fly

No Man Can Find the War

What does this expression convey?

"Oh, you wanted another folk album?"

Phantasmagoria in Two

Song to the Siren

lolol

But ya the contrast between the album cover and the music gives this picture a pretty ominous feel IMO. Also his eyes are black slits.

The first two tracks on Lorca are his pinnacle. Absolute kino.

"you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you"

>Want to keep making avant-garde music
>Get told to make bland ass soul
>Accidentally kill self
>Son's first album is decent, shows potential for him to take his father's legacy
>Accidentally kills self
why, God?

Too good for this earth

>Get told to make bland ass soul
Can you please post evidence for this.
I'm a huge tim buckley fan and this would make me respect him even more.

His forays into weirder music were total flops and he was signed to a major label, while I don't think there was ever a detailed statement on the matter, the sudden dissolution of his Starsailor band and reforming as something trendier strikes me as suspicious. Not to mention he went back to playing his older material live the second he started making money again.

Tim didn't care too much about what his audience wanted and went musically into any direction he wanted to. Starsailor was experimental, but also a yet another flop, so he started his 'sex funk' period with Greeting From LA, likely with some prodding from the label. That album also failed, but surprisingly sold better than his previous ones. His label then forced him to go the soul route to latch onto the blue-eyed soul trend that was kind of popular. It was his creative low and he just did tame soul covers of songs. He then actually started to listen to his fans and was performing his earlier work again, and even planned to record a live album in that vein (or something like that), but tragically his life ended before he could make a comeback.

the one about 5 breakfasts and the one ring

Do you think Jeff would have made a Starsailor, if he had lived long enough?

lmao I don't pay attention to this faggy folk music and literally thought tim and Jeff were the same person.

Both of them fucked more girls than you did, nerd.

I doubt it, he was much more into being popular. I don't think he would have taken such experimental risks musically. He certainly respected Tim's work, Starsailor especially, so who really knows.

I married my high school sweetheart so I'm sure they did.
But I'm still alive so checkmate me

Anonymous Proposition

It's obviously Driftin' you philistines

So did Tim, actually.

For fuck's sake Tim, why are you so smug at your wedding?

Lorca > Starsailor > Happy Sad > Greetings from LA > Blue Afternoon > Goodbye and Hello > s/t > Sefronia > Look at the Fool

What about his live albums?

StarSailor

Masterpiece

Eh, I'd place Live at the Troubadour and Dream Letter at the top, with Lorca and Starsailor. The Copenhagen Tapes is pretty good too

Did anyone listen to this?

I did. It was good.

Lorca, m8. It's like a witch's spell. I will always remember listening to it after walking home from the GRE.

Sexyback

Down by the border line is probably my guilty pleasure. It creates this sort of distinct surreal western image in my head everytime I hear it, and just that string of vocal improvisation.

He was really crying out for help with this cover wasn't he?

forgot pic

buzzin fly

That happened very often (still does).
Best example from that time period are Scott Walkers terrible 70s country/pop (cover) albums, which the label forced him to do due to lack of success with his earlier, more experimental forays.

Once I Was is really beautiful. It used to make me cry because it was played at the sad parts of some war movies I watched when I was younger.
youtube.com/watch?v=QZ0f5_rz4u4