What now bitches

What now bitches

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics#Applications
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do you care so much about religion, OP?
What other people do is none of your concern.

Given that religion looms large over human history, this saying is kind of retarded. Why would you be "against" something that has played such a big role, for better or worse. Understanding the who/what/when/where/why of it seems like it would be part of "understanding the world".

Jesus still loves you and died for your sins

because polio loomed large over human history also.

I dream of a world devoid of bullshit.

>science is always right and can explain everything perfectly
>quantum physics
Pick one

people are satisfied not knowing with or without religion though

Without religion, how will I easily justify my superiority over minorities?

things i dont understand frighten and infuriate me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mechanics#Applications

therefore they are an example of things that are wrong.

I'm so fucking sick of this argument. "Just leave us alone. We're not hurting anyone." No. You're just trying to pass laws on everything from liquor sales on Sundays to abortion to gay marriage and demanding we all step in line to your sadistic, sycophantic imaginary friend. And that's ignoring the goddamned Muslims and Jews. Go fuck yourself. Tell YHWH, Allah, and Jehovah to join you.

I can understand it and recognize its role in human history without believing in it as truth. It's a work of fiction. Loads of works of fiction have had an impact on human history without people today having to pray to their main characters.

I would consider myself agnostic, but it kinda hurts to think that my existence will amount to nothing. Thats why im not a normal religious person, i kinda just believe in god low-key. Its pretty selfish, but it helps me cope.

Yo I'm a hardcore non-believer but religion has kept countless of millions of human beings from living and dying miserably. That's a good thing.

If you take off the fondations the whole building colpases

Like, oh wow, someone has an opinion that differs from the ones I don't like but I like it this one because it makes fun of those other people somehow, so it must be right!
>says every religious and atheist zealot ever
Both of the ideological and theological sides are fucking retarded.

Where in the hell do you live? Are you in some hick Bible Belt town? Liquor sales on Sunday has been around for years

Citations, faggot? YHWH didn't figure out fucking electricity, kinetics or vaccines. Man did that. Religion has slowed mankind's progress down for centuries. But no, totally. It's fine if everyone denies biology and evolution and shit because some dude figured out something once and he was religious. That's a stupid fucking argument.

That's my point, faggot. Religion tries to control society through legislation. And it's horseshit.

Great example, from understanding came inoculation

What legislation? Liquor sales are cool 7 days a week, what else do you need alcoholic?

After re-reading your reply, I have to apologize. Yes. I live in fucking Tennessee. The BUCKLE of the Bible Belt.

I'm okay with it, there very little chance we are even able to understand it all, I just want to get my dick wet

Muslims are far worse than christians, catholics, and most of if not all protestants. go read the hadith. Muslims dont have an old testament. While crazy conservative extremists want to pass laws based on religion, islam has already done so, and is a threat to the western world. Be glad that society doesnt accept the attempts of loopy christians, and focus on the shit that is somehow accepted and promoted by islam apologists. it is legal in 12 islamic countries to execute gays and mutilate women who were promiscuous out of wedlock. No one actually thinks the christians have notable political power, therefore we need to focus on those that do. Such as islam apologists and supporters of islam.

Get out of there bro, those people are the Isis of Christianity.

Nice people though, unless you are black

This is my birthplace and home. Also, nah. Religion is failing even here. Most if the youth are atheist or loosely spiritual. Seeing churches close is nice. But the 90 year old fucks keep affecting/effecting law here.

Oh they're always nice when they all think you're being a "wholesome" Christian. Spend a night in the tank or fuck the pastors daughter and see how nice everyone is.

There's nothing stopping you from getting your dick wet, dumbass. You don't have to be mentally lazy to do that.

Dude this is all bullshit. Not because its not true, not because its a more 'enlightened' take.. but because this world is hard as shit, it will make you want to give cry in the corner for the rest of eternity until you mercifully die or have the courage to kill yourself

if people find something that actually gives them hope I'm not gonna hate on them.. they might be making evidence-less conclusions but goddmamn if i don't envy them for waking up every morning, putting one foot on the floor, and keep going

Nerd

I mean, should they be at that point? You could always repent

atheists are just annoying buzzkill poetry assassins
nobody likes you

Hello, Father Fuckface. How's congregational growth? Enjoying those shrinking tithes as people realize all religions are just different brands of the same bullshit?

In my experience most Christians are taught not to judge and to forgive but very few practice it.

Apologize for getting laid and using chemistry to heighten my mental experiences? Go fuck yourself.

I'm not apologizing for that, either.

This makes you a useful idiot. Your "live and let live" attitude is how they keep sneaking in illegal fucking legislation. The separation of church and state exists for a fucking reason.

Mostly you're apologizing for the.actiins.that are the result of the.chemical enhancement

FUCKING EDGE! Go back to middle school.

>actiins
Are you black?

I'm for religion because it feels good knowing that when the entire world goes to shit it's not your fault.

maybe i am an idiot

I get why you're mad.. i get why they think they're doing whats right.. i just don't want to be the reason people lose hope in this life

>"Knowing"
Religion is responsible for a non-negligable amount of suffering in the world, fuckface. Gay people aren't begging to be thrown of rooves and raped teens aren't happy about the kids Far Right wing nut jobs want them to birth. Go fuck yourself.

I feel this way

No offense, man, but if the only way you can know peace and hope is to foolishly believe unproven things like a child believing Santa...Are you really better than a petulent child that can't face reality? When you die, likely nothing will occur. You will cease being and hats it. If you can't accept that, it doesn't make you wise or truthful to buy religion's afterlife pitch because YOU'RE too scared to face reality.

i get you're trolling dude.. i'm bored too man, I'm miserable too, probably some combination of both but everything you said is literally nonsense

you don't know shit.. maybe there is a higher being hanging out on a different frequency, maybe there are things that we can't possibly comprehend out there.. but you don't have any evidence to be so sure in you're conclusion that there is or isn't

you just want people to be as miserable as you are because misery loves company

I mean possibly yes, but I'm sure there was just as much suffering created by people blindly following their cults and silencing any dissenting voices by any means necessary. I mean the children's crusade was a real thing. That actually happened. We, as a species, took our children and sent them to fight and die in battle because God would protect them. Each year religious organizations turn unbelievable profits that are ultimately deemed tax exempt so they can go on corrupting the hearts and minds of the feeble so that they can continue getting away with murder and molestation. I haven't even brought up Muslims yet. There's a point where you need to draw a line in the Sand and really ask yourself if the world would be better served without any religion in it. "Smart" non-believers like yourself who refuse to pick a side are almost worse than the flock out there drinking the kool-aid in the first place. At least they don't know any better.

I'm not fucking trolling. Really, dude? "Chilling on a higher frequency." That's fucking psudoscience nonsense. Frequency of what? Sound? Electromagnetic Wavelength? Go fuck yourself, dullard.

I'm a happily married man in my thirties with a career. That projection of your sure is strong as fuck, though.

>clearly never heard of string theory

like being in your 30's and married means absolute shit.. you've got a long way to go son

Right. Strings. Cosmic fucking strings. The fuck does how harmonic resonances in Planck scale intangible strings have FUCKING ANYTHING to do with your statement about a god? You're beyond retarded. Quick, Professor, explain string theory to me in your own words.

Not the guy you replied too but I felt like there was something I should at least try to convey to you. The attitude you have is right in my opinion but your implementation of it is all wrong. Sure, we don't know if the universe is just teeny tiny drop of sweat on some cosmic rabbit's nose but the one thing that we can say with certainty is that we don't know shit. And giving ANY credit at all to people who blindly take a definitive stance on the existential crisis we all go through as creatures that are capable of "higher" thought is as irresponsible as it is wrong. We shouldn't allow people to follow unhealthy delusions simply because the truth is that we don't know. And now that we're coming out with AI and now that we're on the brink of changing the very fundamental qualities that make us human it is going to be very VERY hard to take our insane members of the population with us into the future. It's the kind of change that needs to happen one heart at a time man. You can't see the world for what it is and sit back to watch it implode. The internet gives us all the ability to affect positive change in the world around us on a scale that's never been fathomed before. You can't afford to remain a bystander forever bud.

cool you can browse wikipedia

everything you said is right.. i just have people I'm close to I'm not willing to leave behind if i have to.. thanks for not being a dick like the dude above man

Right. What I said there is just Wikipedia. Notice you didn't explain shit, fuckface. Quick, what's an eigenstate? You're the one using scientific buzzwords YOU don't understand trying to win arguments with people who understand the subject matter than you. I hope the 1/10^whatever chance that a superposition in which you never existed suddenly occurs.

Better than*
Fucking Google.

I remember when I was 14

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, our bodies are meat sacks powered by energy. What happens to that energy when we die? It can't just disappear into nothing.

Morality without a higher power is completely arbitrary.

dude you didn't say shit.. half of your own argument is buzzwords and shitty insults

go hug your wife man.. you may be married (which I'm actually glad for you believe it or not) but you definitely don't sound happy

>because it teaches us not to read too far into unanswerable questions and makes it insanely easier to have a fulfilling life as opposed to being pseudointellectual burnouts.

Damn religon

Correct. Which is why it dissipates into the atmosphere in the form of heat, and the remaining living bacteria consume all remaining energy sources and then THEY die and entropy dissipates THEIR energy into the atmosphere from heat. The laws of thermodynamics do not support fucking reincarnation.
Right. Because 14 year olds care about religious legislation and the separation of church and state. Go fuck yourself, troll.
2/10. Made me reply.
I AM happy, but seeing the atrocities religion has committed and likely will commit again gets me pretty heated. Especially when lightly spiritual retards twist theeanings of science to try and justify their ancient, misguided books.

lmao do people believe this?
Do you know what potential energy is?
You feed the dirt and warm the air until
your energy is redistributed.

The "energy" is atp, ions crossing membranes in cells creating electrical signals, heat, movement. Its chemical reactions. It just gets eaten by bacteria and turned into heat, bacteria poo and movement when we die.

This thread is absolutely euphoric.

Can't be a bystander? Pic related

Who told you about the cosmic rabbit? That's supposed to be top secret.

Being able to tell the answerable ones from the unanswerable ones is the trick.

Luckily, we have frameworks for doing just that.

>Right. Because 14 year olds care about religious legislation and the separation of church and state. Go fuck yourself, troll.
I can honestly say when I was an edgy 14 year old I always made psuedo-intellectual anti-religious posts and always whined about conservatives

Lmao guys lets not try and scientifically figure out the nature of the universe, this guy says its unanswerable. A wizard did it

Well, as stated elsewhere in this thread, I'm a man in my thirties. Picture is cropped photo of my wedding so you faggots can't TinEye me. I'm not being edgy. Religion and what it's done genuinely upsets me. Also, I'm a centrist. So while the Far Right can go fuck themselves (as you're implying I believe), so can the Far Left.

This applies to me.
I let people as dumb as myself fill my head with their bad ideas fir my formative years, then spent adulthood discovering how much I (and they) don't actually know. ...and that knowledge is worth 100x all the misinformation in the world.

>but seeing the atrocities religion has committed and likely will commit again gets me pretty heated
Why? If there is absolutely no higher being then what does it matter? There are absolutely no consequences for murder other than man made ones. Plenty of animals kill for no good reason. Chimps frequently murder each other, dolphins rape and murder for fun and ants have brutal race wars, are these actions evil? No, they're just actions of animals.

Snowflake liberal cuck, fuck your feelings, science is bullshit. Trump is God. I'm so glad he's shutting down waste of time research.

you're asking why does pain and suffering matter if there's no god.

You must be 100% autistic if you have no empathy for others.

Religion probably exists because of psychos like you, that go on shooting sprees if there' no hell to punish you for it.

Oh, fuck me. Not this argument again. There is SUBJECTIVE morality, man. I, personally, believe shit like murder and theft is wrong for obvious reasons. I don't want to be murdered, so I don't murder. I don't want my possessions stolen, so I don't steal. There's no need for a fucking book which shows you HOW TO SELL YOUR DAUGHTER INTO SLAVERT to find my morality. It's common fucking sense. In a sense, you're right. None of it matters. But what matters to me is entirely my choice, and the suffering caused by religion matters to me.

We understand religion, and the need an ignorant human mind has for it. Neuroscience has pretty much explained everything religion does for people and why it came to be.

>you're asking why does pain and suffering matter if there's no god.
Carnivores brutally maim their prey in order to survive. Animals are cruel and if humans are mere animals then it's just animals being animals.

Why should others care about your subjective views?

Dark matter/energy:

Can you see it? Nope
Can you detect it? Nope
Can you create it? Nope
Can you collect it? Nope
How do you know it really exists? Fucking science dude!

well actually some people DO need a book.

Sociopaths, and shit, without rules they'd just fuck everyting up. I mean they do anyway, but maybe the sky god helps keep some of them in check...

They shouldn't. That's my argument, dipshit. Meanwhile, Lunatic Republicans and shit want to ban birth control on corporate medical plans and force rape victims to have babies and shit. I'm not the one demanding you follow what I believe. Your side is.

Humans are animals that evolved compassion. Compassion matters and played a role in our survival.

Intelligence also plays a HUGE role. If there's no logical reason to wage pyrrhic wars then why keep doing it. "Just because" seems to be your answer.

the greater good benefits from a compassionate creative, peaceful existence.

Now hopefully we will passively and peaceful breed out morons like you from the gene pool so future humans will be smart enough to understand what you can't.

So if most people decide murder is okay then it's alright then so long as they don't try to force their beliefs on you?

Go to the Middle East and come back and tell me that, man...

You are an idiot.

In religious societies people who claim to have some contact to the "higher power" tell the others how to behave.

In non-religious societies people with some kind of other authority tell you how to behave.

If you survived infancy there were some people who passed their "morality" down to you. That's it user. It's always people telling other people their own kind of bullshit.

That bullshit has different degrees of sophistication - but it's all man-made.

There is evidence for dark matter, so it is detected actually.

they were worse before they had their book.

read about the middle east during antiquity

Actually, yes. That's how democracy works, faggot. But most people have logical, science-backed reasons to do or not to do things we want made laws. There's reasons for not committing murder from survival of the species to pain empathy. Your strawman is getting you nowhere.

>lets not sit in our basements and cry and whine about all the things we know and can do while making up reasons why all these unenlightened people are so successful and happy.
>lmao 4chins neet squad will figure out the nature of the universe and manage to build a functional space ship or find the underworld before the elite who already have the maps, resources, and an accurate countdown of when they need to leave our asses for mars by

Great point cheeto champ

naw man it's a sky wizard bro!

Will do, user.

yeah i mean that's what rome was like. you could murder slaves all day long since they were your property. You could also stab the fucking emperor if you were a senator, as long as the senate voted for it.

>I'm not ok with something being undefined

Better sit at home and read wikipedia articles the rest of your life.

itt people taking the b8

Where does it say in any religious book to be uninterested their their god's creation?
Atheism is so cringe.

>pic related. Its OP

>thinking any thread post 2015 isn't bait

wew

it's true, they used to tie people to rafts and smear them with honey and let them bake in the sun while insects ate them and laid eggs in their wounds. At the end of the day they'd force feed them milk to make sure they didn't die and put them back out the next day.

after a few days the eggs would hatch and they'd be swarming with more bugs and more eggs. They'd keep them alive for up to 2 weeks like this.

it was called Scaphism, look it up.

that shit is real. fucking persians.

you'd be praying for ISIS to take you after a few hours of that.

I'd heard about that. Didn't realize it was Ancient Middle Eastern. I am SO surprised to learn this.

Wars exist over things like resources or land, always have and always will. Compassion takes a backseat when there's something to be gained. That won't change. People with or without religion, including those who promoted sciences have killed many, many people.

>Now hopefully we will passively and peaceful breed out morons like you from the gene pool so future humans will be smart enough to understand what you can't.
Jokes on you, dumb people breed the most.

Plenty of secular societies have been quite brutal and violent. The Soviets were a lot less religious than Britain around the time Stalin was in power but I think most people would rather live in Britain.

Resource wars sometimes, those are usually tribal in scale, although there were some larger ones when the new world was discovered. Other times, many times if you're a student of history, wars, the BIGGER wars are results of pride, Greed, hubris, saving face, making an example, or simply a misunderstanding. Many other times wars are over ideologies. There's few ideologies that carry more conviction than RELIGION.

Men can be cruel with or without religion. Only religion/ideology can make a kind person commit cruel acts, though. A man who would save an injured kitten can shout "Kill the infidel" under the banner of religion and still feel like a good person.