twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/773494002251423744
twitter.com/1MrChris/status/771269672561967104
twitter.com/thewhippasnappa/status/721471552395599872
twitter.com/thewhippasnappa/status/771834668924674048
youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o
twitter.com/tom_chappy_man/status/768155257058852864
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/773548643639066624
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

someone redpill me on the Power of the Daleks news, I know essentially nothing about it

I'd like to say to whoever implied that I'm a dirty BF pirate two threads ago that I have paid for all of my audios and plan to continue to do so.

We're getting a full animated reconstruction on DVD. That's official news.
youtu.be/3Ib3IEIT0Yw

It was leaked a week ago in this video: youtu.be/LRPCvx2gyGc
People didn't believe it, but it turns out it's all true.

That's pretty cool. Is the talks about found episodes just people memeing?

News like this makes me glad I was weak during my watchthrough and skipped serials with missing episodes. I think I only watched one episode of PotD, so it will be cool to be able to watch it like this. Just like when Enemy of the World was found and I'd never seen any of it. Watched it all in a day.

>Is the talks about found episodes just people memeing?
Basically, yes.
Unless Philip Morris has something he hasn't told anyone about.

PHUCKING Philip Morris

Some aspects of the animation doesn't look natural or professional enough and I don't think there's enough hand drawn inbetweens and any CG use stands out a lot.

Pic related is something that someone clearly scribbled in paint but demonstrates how perfect something looks when animation is in the hands of a talented storyboarder. I enjoyed the Who twitter example in the previous thread but you could also tell where that one was inconsistence on inbetweens.

Yeah that first clip of the guy bending down to look out looks awful, very amateurish. The daleks look decent though.

The Daleks look great.

The Cybermen did nothing wrong

Does anyone here remember The Infinite Quest? At the time I thought it was pretty GOAT but I was like 12 at the time.

I liked the robot songbird looking thing in it, if my memory is correct.

Is she for real?

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/773494002251423744

I was watching this and I went from "Aw that's cute" to instantly being creeped out. He's always watching.

twitter.com/1MrChris/status/771269672561967104

>tfw /who/ is dying on a nightly basis

>The stars haven't changed
>We've been here over nine months
>How many seconds in Hiatus?

twitter.com/thewhippasnappa/status/721471552395599872

twitter.com/thewhippasnappa/status/771834668924674048

On top of that, he always looks displeased. It's almost as if he believes Peter should be devoting his time to Adam.

+he has never changed his jumper.

Do you think he ever washes his hoodie?

>we genuinely think we're good pals with the Class cast

IT'S SET REPORTING

What the fuck is up with his hair?

you can easily tell how old Girly Letters is by this.
that meme is from 2010

How old is she?

So did The Doctor compose Beethoven's fifth or not?

Adam literally moves from where he was to be in the pic

sorry dude, I ain't exposing her.. a guy posted her google+ profile here in the past and it wasn't right
even for all the shit she's done, she doesn't deserve her personal info leaking

We can speculate but the theory is that he is in fact balding.

Because he knows. And he doesn't want /who/ to see him again and make fun of him. Too bad another set reporter was right in the right spot!

Is she a QT? Or is she a female Adam?

He's like something out of a horror film.

youtube.com/watch?v=UozhOo0Dt4o
Imagine this scene but with Capaldi as the main character and Adam as the monster.

No, Beethoven did.

Even if The Doctor went back in time and gave Beethoven the 5th symphony already written, it still would have been originally written by Beethoven.

Quick. Find a new and original idea for a new Dalek story.

Power of the Daleks DVD is already the best selling DVD on amazon.uk.
Dman this fanbase's autism is amazing.

The Doctor gets trapped in a prison camp run by a Science Dalek (Mengele to Davros' Hitler) and has to escape with a ragtag Thal unit before he's experimented on

The Doctor faces an alien threat that will consume the universe, and the only resource he has to stop them is by sicking the Daleks on them, and he contemplates the morality over using his genocidal enemies to stop a greater evil.

Is there a cover yet? Hope they get Clayton Hickman so it matches all the previous ones

>daleks want to kill things
>the Doctor doesn't want the Daleks to kill things, because the Doctor believes killing is wrong
>the Doctor stops the Daleks by killing them
guaranteed 10/10

Jesus, I fucking wish. Nice photoshop though.

He could have died from this.

Jen was feeling quizzical. "If I were to go back in time and give Beethoven his fifth symphony, who would have written it?"
"Beethoven." The Doctor stated matter-of-factly. Jen furrowed her brow.
"But if I gave it to him before he wrote it, then he'd never write it! So how could it exist?"
"Beethoven still wrote it." he elaborated. "How else would you have gotten it to give it to him to make him never have to write it for you to give it to him later?"
"I, uh..." she took a moment to try and make sense of whatever he just said. "What?"
"Events overlap, you see. If a time traveller goes back in time to 'undo' some event, that event still happened, because otherwise there would be nothing for him to undo and there would be a paradox. And we don't want one of those. The new continuity sort of, overwrites the old. But it still 'happened', relative to the traveller, and to the universe itself."
"I see" she saw, althought she didn't really see. "What about those people, those memories from the old timeline, did they exist, did they happen? Where do they go?"
"Lost. Like tears in rain. But in the same way pouring two glasses of juice into each other creates one bigger glass of juice with no trace of the original glasses, they -were- still there, originally. We know that. Have you ever heard of déjà vu?"
"Of course I have... you're not honestly trying to tell me that déjà vu is a result of erased timelines, surely?" Jen couldn't believe her ears.
"No, no, not all the time. But sometimes. Sometimes the echo of a past life comes rising up from the depths of your subconciousness, sometimes a brand new place feels all too familiar... because it is. But it's not, to you. But it was, to you. Understand?"
"Just about."

Dalexit

>this will literally NEVER happen

The TARDIS glitches, leaving the Doctor in an alternate universe where the Daleks have exterminated everything. But because their main purpose has been fulfilled, the Daleks have grown bored with this victory, so bored that they've somehow forced themselves to develop new modes of thinking, new ways of life, and yet they can't stand it. They don't know how to live life aside from being exterminators, and only the Doctor can teach them how.

No there's just a screen shot of the trailer as placeholder.

I like this as a satire on the /who/ situation.

Reminder this is a thing.

Did you make this? I like it.

Wrong.

From this guy.
twitter.com/tom_chappy_man/status/768155257058852864

Don't worry, they were still drowsy from their sleepsies.

No I mean Pertwee could have fallen head first on a Dalek and crack open his head.

MATT SMITH AUDIOS FUCKING WHEN?

IT'S OVERDUE BY NOW

if only

War Doctor and Omega sounds fucking goat

Could you imagine if Jon died while making such a shit episode

The episode would be catapulted into infamy and hailed as GOAT purely because no one would ever see it

desu the part they're filming, where they blow up all the Daleks, isn't bad.

How long has he been around

found this earlier. How accurate is it?

It's accurate in Luke's head, and that's what counts.

Yeah, I remember the webm not being as stupid in context. And the anti-war speech at the end was GOAT. But it's still not a particularly good serial. If I saw it in the 70s, I'd say it was time to rest the Daleks because they were beginning to look a bit shit.

Fuck me that's old.

Sucks they couldn't call up Whitaker to write a Pertwee Dalek story. I guess Nation was still pissed at others playing with his darling creations.

Letts and Dicks reached out to Terry for the serial, though, and again for Genesis. Either they liked him and thought he was reliable, or they just thought "he is the Dalek man". Genesis must have had a lot of input from Hinchcliffe and Holmes, desu, it's just such a step up in every way from what he was doing up until then

Maybe I'm misremembering, though. Perhaps he did put his foot down and say "no more Daleks unless I write them"

Terry wanted to write them after Whitaker's superior efforts probably annoyed him as well as the clever Day of the Daleks.

I honestly liked Day of the Daleks, and if I didn't already know going into it that The Daleks were thrown into it at the last minute, I never would have considered it. I mean it's not the best serial of the show's run, but it's fairly solid and interesting, and nowhere near the disaster the reviews and previews made it out to be.

What Dalek serials did Whitaker write? I assumed Terry wrote them all apart from bits of Masterplan

Where were these disastrous reviews and when were they written?

I am guessing they were by the usual suspects with their usual agendas?

Whitaker wrote the two that are very unusual. Power and Evil.

Power and Evil (of the Daleks)

>What Dalek serials did Whitaker write?
>asking questions that can be answered within seconds using wikipedia

As he wrote The Daleks novelisation, the Dalek comic strip, and most if not all of the Dalek annuals, Whitaker is really responsible for more lore than Nation.
Whitaker even wrote the Dalek films, I think.

I would happily show The Day of the Daleks film version with nice cgi to any non fan without too much embarassment.
It's a good old sf paradox story and easily followed.

yeah, i'm not that hyped either. animations are in my opinion just less-bad alternatives to loose cannon reconstructions, and they still share many of the same problems.

I'd rather watch the loose cannon recon than this cheap animation. I may get the dvd in the future when it's dirt cheap

At the very least, we've come a long way since The Invasion animations.

dude literally any story from doctor who is easy to hop on once you just know the few basics

there is the doctor and his companion of course
then there is the sonic screwdriver
and then there is the tardis and how it works/what it does

my cousin has watched a couple episodes with me, and my friend too
they really like it but the amount of episodes horrifies them

What?

The production team themselves, in the dvd documentary (and the previews of, which I watched before the episode)
Also The Discontinuity Guide (1995) and the Wikipedia article which claims that "The final battle at Auderly House was disliked by viewers"
It was clearly bad enough to warrant a special edition

Cool, thanks

Asking people is more fun

That's pretty interesting. Nation doesn't really seem all that amazing to be honest.

The CGI in the special edition looks like just that to me, CGI pasted over ropey old footage from the 70s. The CGI ends up looking worse/more dated than the original effects, and very out of place. I prefer watching them as broadcast, warts and all, although I honestly don't know how a non-fan would react.

Ok I see through this now.

I confess: I don't care about Classic Who and this announcement leaves me cold.

>65 ▶
>I confess: I don't care about Classic Who and
The Tombs of the Cybermen?

The few loose cannon recons I tried were off-putting because of having to see still images of Jamie looking constipated for twenty seconds combined with interspersed footage of people in wigs just so they could have some movement in their recon. I remember another guy tried his hand at recons (by combining them with the audiobooks), and they were cool except Ian Levine flagged him and got his account banned.

At least with animation, I can actually see them mouth their words instead of having to sit through a collage of Troughton pictures where he looks either bored or mildly annoyed.

Nardole is in the Xmas special. Dropped.

I'm not sure if Whitaker was involved in the first Dalek movie but he definitely worked on the second one.

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/773548643639066624

WHY DOES MOFFAT HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING?

People had been guessing this for ages, it's only logical. If he is established as a recurring character beforehand, it means Bill's opener doesn't have as much pressure to reintroduce him.

I'll only accept this if the Christmas special is based on the Wizard of Oz.

The rels thing suggests he was involved, although Subotsky is credited as writer.

That'll be why the second one's better, then

HYPE.
Based Nardole.

It's bad enough having to sit through 2 back to back christmas specials on future rewatches, let alone them both having the same guest star.

John Barrowman is in Cardiff. Coincidence?

I bet Terry got him erased.

I have the perfect solution, you can just watch Class in between them.