The Neon Demon

I saw this yesterday and while I enjoyed it, I'm not sure what to make of the ending. I understand that the girls ate Jesse because they were jealous of her beauty, but why did Gigi disembowel herself in the end? Was it just a representation of her being unable to live with what she did? Was Jesse the so-called "Demon"? Was she just pretending to be innocent in the beginning of the film? I think there were hints that she had always been aware of her superiority.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Goddess_(Neopaganism)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Elle is the demon. Yes guilt. No I think the transition is on the runway with the blue to red switch.
Also use spoiler tags ypu dumb cunt don't spoil the moty for someone who didn't see it

>Gigi disembowel herself in the end?

She came to the realization that she's not naturally beautiful and can't live with having artificial beauty

Same as in Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Everything was done out of great desire for love.

Gigi lived to be beautiful, that's why she did the surgeries. Her "artificial" beauty rejected Jesse's natural beauty and that's why she threw up her eyeball. Once she realized she'll never be able to reach Jesse's beauty and how monstreous she became, she killed her self.

I think Jesse was just naive and didn't know her environment, she was always an evil bitch.

True beauty is youth.
Two models were envy and ambition and Jena was lust.
Refn was making characters who are literal interpretations of metaphors.

Honestly wasn't that complicated. Apart from the wildcat.

True beauty is actually virginity.
Jesse was a virgin and deeply afraid of penetration which is why she rejected everyone who tried to get too close - Ruby, Dean.

Is Jesse Jesus?

weird how they act so bizarre after getting rejected by her.

Dean tried to rape her
Ruby ate her

wow great analysis kek

I was dean

Real lolita type of shit

>Dean tried to rape her
>Dean

Nope.

>tfw you realise it's an ode to cunnyism
Based Refn

Her hag body rejected the qt

not him but that's literally it.
Guilt and reality check.
nothing else

Did this movie reminded anyone of Invisible Monsters?

*remind, sorry for poor englando

>the girls ate Jesse
THANKS FOR SPOILING THE MOVIE FOR ME FAGGOT

I am sorry. I wasn't thinking. Maybe I just assumed most of Sup Forums had already caught up with it.

>entering a thread where a movie you haven't seen yet is being discussed
>complain, when the ending is being discssed

>did they said anything about the pictures
>no.
That hurt like a knife right in the heart.
Jesus

Shinji and Asuka have separated themselves from the collective human existence. Shinji begins strangling Asuka, but when she caresses his face, he stops and breaks down in tears. Asuka then utters the film's last line, "気持ち悪い," which has been variously translated into English as "I feel sick" or "disgusting". The meaning of the scene is obscure and has been controversial. According to Tiffany Grant, Asuka's English dub voice actress, director Anno once said the comment was a reference to morning sickness

refn pulled heavy on the witches theme OP. thats also why the heavy emphasis on the moon meme.

look up
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Goddess_(Neopaganism)

>The Maiden represents enchantment, inception, expansion, the promise of new beginnings, birth, youth and youthful enthusiasm, represented by the waxing moon;
= sarah (restarts her career after eating jesse)

>The Mother represents ripeness, fertility, sexuality, fulfilment, stability, power and life represented by the full moon;
= ruby (tries to seduce jesse)

>The Crone represents wisdom, repose, death, and endings represented by the waning moon.
= Gigi (kills herself because her time is over)

>Once Jesse sees (and makes out with) her reflection, she becomes aware of the power her beauty gives her and sheds her innocence. To mark this sharp shift in the story, Braier transitions the film’s color palette from blue to red.

>“Red is not only the transformation and Jesse’s sexual power, it’s also danger,” explained Braier. “Jena Malone for example would always have red, either with light or wardrobe. We wanted on a subliminal level for her to represent a sense of betrayal.”

you mean bean?

Thank you, this is very interesting. I should see it again as I wasn't 100% sober the first time.

The movie is fucking trash and everyone with an ounce of sense knows this. Stop fucking pretending.

We only watch it for masturbation purposes.

I don't relate to this at all. It's definitely a movie that's worth talking about

>things virgins say

>entering a thread
I didn't enter the thread, obviously I wouldn't do that and then complain. The spoiler was in the OP, which I saw as I was browsing the catalog.

Thanks for your polite and genuine apology. You're not such a faggot after all.

Oh please. You'd be talking out of your ass if you rated this anything 7/10 or higher.

It's a solid 8. I bet you liked Civil War.

THIS. So much THIS!!
XD

>rating films