Didn't really care about Michael Jackson's death

>Didn't really care about Michael Jackson's death
>Didn't really care about Bowie's death
>Didn't really care about Prince's death
>Didn't really care about Pete Burns death
>Didn't really care about Leonard Cohen's death
>Didn't really care about George Michael's death
>Didn't really care about Chuck Berry's death

For some reason I actually care about Chester Bennington's death. Anyone else in this boat? I loved MJ's, Bowie's and Cohen's music but I feel Linkin Park is an odd one because I too loved the fuck out of Hybrid Theory, Meteora, hell even Living Things but I did grow out of them and joined the cirlejerk of muh >crawling in my skin, in the end it doesn't even matter.

This might sound weird but the reason why I care about them is because they broke in the mid 2000s, that was when social media was really starting to take off with myspace and youtube etc and it was interesting to see people use popular music in a humorous way (naruto amv and spicy memes), therefore we no longer needed to look at music as solely being this serious artform. We could empathise and laugh at/with it and it brought a whole new level of appreciation.

Let me give an example. You're 14. You're an edgy shit and really genuinely connect with the lyrics of Hybrid Theory. Fast forward ten years later you mature and realise the angst was stupid and all the while viewing all the dank memes linkin park created. There's a level of ironic appreciation and genuine appreciation. Linkin Park were one of the few artists that had that I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZC_-zeWYMYo
youtu.be/F_v1SLIt01Q?t=210
youtube.com/watch?v=F_v1SLIt01Q&ab_channel=Ruudzik2
youtube.com/watch?v=3eSIDNCiLw8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nope, no celebrity death has ever even remotely moved me

This desu

If ANYONE, Stuart Scott from espn. It was someone who I would 'see' nightly, suddenly gone

I normally wouldn't but for some reason I really want to experience the genuine and ironic appreciation of Linkin Park live which I will never have. I want to see them play "Crawling" and scream my lungs out laughing at how ridiculous and edgy it is but deep down inside knowing that at some point I really do love that song.

>Didn't really care about Scott Weiland's death
>Did care about Bowie's death
>Did care about Chris Cornell's death
>Didn't really care about Chester Bennington's death

Let me guess, you're born around the 90-94?

It has something to do with Linkin Park being so much more prominent with our childhood/adolesence and how part of that all feels gone. It's one of the first major deaths from OUR generation of music, like say what you will about Linkin Park, they played a role in a lot of kids' lives.

So close

> It's one of the first major deaths from OUR generation of music,

YES FUCK YES that's what I meant! Thank you for summarizing my long winded speech. Like I think if Justin Timberlake died there would be an even bigger shitstorm

So much this

Only deaths I cared about recently are Rautavaara, Boulez and Abbado.

This, I remember being a small kid and hearing hybrid for the first time and was blown away with the sound compared to my lack of exposure of only relying on MTV for music.

I was 14 when Hybrid Theory came out. I had just gotten a Dreamcast around the same time too. Fuck, all those angsty feels coming back. I remember listening to Hybrid Theory on this clear blue discman player I got for my birthday. Yeah, this one hits close for me. Probably because it was our generation. Bummed out, can't get in the end out of my head.

>Didn't really care about Bowie's death
>Didn't really care about OPs death

Well I did not grow up with those artists. I can acknowledge we lost something and they were great talents but losing something that had a large presence in your childhood shakes you up. I remember getting those CDs in elementary and a bday and listening to them contantly on my brick of a cd player. It brings back memories of the internet in those earlier days, old school runescape, tons of sentimental value for me. Shit hurts, I am really distraught he would an hero when he has so many fans and has had such an impact.

>he smiled at a kpop
I guess I shouldn't hate on them all the time...

I saw them last month in Milan. I love that album and the band as a whole.
My first tattoo

For me this one's personnel, kid. I'm a musician myself, and knowing that he was pretty much booed off stage for the music he created near the end hurts when I put myself in his shoes. I can't imagine how hard that would be to pour your heart and soul into something like that and then have it shat on that hard in a public face to face setting. I also hate it because the first time I heard anything from their newest album (last, I guess), I didn't know it was them because it was so radically different from their classic stuff, and I remember thinking to myself, "hey, this is really good, who is this?" I guess for me it's the combination of seeing too much of myself in Chester and having my tastes publicly shat on and the finality of it all that made this celebrity death rough for me. I never listened to linkin park much before, but they were still always one of those bands that was just kind of ever present through my life and it's sad to see him go. Rest in peace Chester.

The only one that really hit me for some reason was Billy Mays. I didn't even think twice about MJ that day.

It's understandable since you're a child and this is an 18+ website.

People born up till 1999 can enjoy this website too friendo

Didn't really care about Cornell's death.

The are kids born the same year the Hybrid Theory EP came out who're old enough to post here.

Yeah, Chesters death is the first celebrity death that moved me as well.
Bud Spencer was a tough one as well, but he was old, he lived his life, it was alright.
Hybrid Theory was the first record I've ever bought, I listened to everything they've released since then, despite not exactly loving everything, I liked the most of it.
To me, Chester had the most amazing voice in the world. And it saddens me that he could not let go of his inner demons. Such a lack of thankfulness, for his talent, for the people who care about him, for his success, everything around him was what most of the people whish for their entire life and will never get.

Idk op. I saw a thread about it earlier and it struck a chord.

He had a wife, 6 kids, a cool job and ample money to waste on whatever substance he wanted. Why be depressed?

Yeah okay chris cornell. Might be biased but i have a theory.

Ches was jelly about cornells suicide turnout so he was going to attempt a suicide. I dont think he really meant to die. But he killed himself on cornells birthday by same means.

I dont know man i just got a feeling deep down he accidently an heroed and everyone boohooed.

Btw rolling for a trip

>attempt a suicide
>I dont think he really meant to die
?

This.
It's all show and business.
Showbiz fakes.
Parting you from your money.
Fuck 'em all.

And nobody gave a shit when wayne static died. But by god lets shed a tear for a man that was destroying the music industry

He wasn't actually that rich for a musician of his level of stardom. Don't take me the wrong way, he still had more money than everyone in this thread combined. According to whatever the site is that gauges celebrity networths, his was 30 million bucks.

It was a cey for attention. You know like the type of shit-
Nevermind. Before he died he was the butt of jokes but now its not morally correct to speak ill of the dead

I dont feel bad. He didnt struggle. He had no legit reason other than being fucked up in the head. I cant feel bad for him when i am barely keeping my phone turned on. I dontbfeel bad for someone who lives that many people behind. I struggle with depression. Sometimes i want to die. But i am not so selfish i leave my family like that.

Mike Patton looks like an Italian dad now

That AMV thing is honestly part of what made Linkin Park feel so special, fresh and memorable, as silly as it is. Terribly edited videos on MySpace and YouTube involving clips of Sasuke or Goku vs Vegeta with songs from Hybrid Theory, Meteora or Minutes To Midnight on it were everywhere. It was the first time anything like that really happened, and they were on that first trip said ride took. They're one of the first bands I can say who made a big internet related impact.

I'm actually really sad over his death. He was one of my top picks musicians to one day collaborate with. I would've loved having him provide vocals for a track in the future. Now it'll never happen.

If TJ Davis or Mike Patton die soon I'll have a meltdown

>He had no legit reason other than being fucked up in the head.
Read this again and realize what you just typed.

hahahahahahahaha

I'm tired and accidentally messed up my first post. Sorry Yeah, he's growing old. He's Italian though, Italian blood typically has a good lifespan of 84 years or so. I'm just hoping his erratic, never ending work ethic doesn't cause him to have a heart attack or something.

I don't really feel anything, no.

I wrote an academic paper in college on AMVs. No joke.

Thats the point. Everyone is fucked up in some shape or form. Idk i felt bad at first but the more people posting the more i feel like he not only got but wanted what he deserved. I know people with real problems but they still get up and live everyday. No matter how hard. So its either one of these scenarioes.
1. Bullshitting cry for attention.
2. He was very fucked up and strong out on substances
3. He was a pussy

Anything else before 'boohoo chess died'? People die every day. You know the guy that predicted the internet died? He helped build it. He is the reason you are on this board right now. Do you need a tissue?
Fucking man upn/mu/. Everyone dies some time. You gonna cry at my funeral?

I would say this is true for me. I was a little sad at Bowie's death, but I've was never that attached to him. Once I get to an age where my personal music heroes that I've grown attached to through their music start dying, I could see myself getting pretty fucked up.

Having "everything" can't cure a mental illness or desire to end your own life.

Rich people with "perfect" lives kill themselves all the time, probably even more than homeless people with nothing.

it might sound corny and edgy to you but chester poured his heart out on that song, after his death the lyrics are way more grim and reflective of what he was going through as a person.

No they can't.

You didn't have the immediate emotional impact on people's lives like he did you dipshit. No, I won't feel bad when you die. I won't give a shit when any of the living presidents die, even though their decisions obviously affected my lives to large degrees. I'll give a shit when my dad dies, I'll give a shit when Bob Dylan dies, when George Perez dies, etc, because they've all had emotional impacts on my life to some degree.

youtu.be/ZC_-zeWYMYo

See
My oldest brother commit suicide. He was a good dude. Helped the communtity and shit..

You know what im done. I realize now. He was your teen idol. Not just a regular dude. I gaurentee you if he was someone else youd be all 'hurr fucking durr he got what he deserved'.

Fuck you, fuck op, fuck every pussy in this thread. I am out. This thread has made me feel SO NUMB. I JUST WANT TO BE MORE LIKE ME AND LESS LIKE YOU.

"He was such an hero, to take it all away. We miss him so, That you should know, And we honor him this day. He was an hero, to take that rope, to leave us all behind. God do we wish we could take it back, And now he's on our minds. Chester was an hero, to leave us feeling like this, Our minds are rubber, our joints don't work, Our tears fall into abyss. He was an hero, to take that rope, In life it wasn't his task, He shouldn't have had to go that way, before an decade'd past. Now he sits there in my heart, this hero of mine, Always there to make me smile, Make me feel just fine. He had courage, that man did, courage in his heart. To take that shot, To end his pain, To tear us all apart. But in the end, he died in courage. Lacking, nevermore, He died an hero, Chester did, And we'll love him forevermore. We love you like an brother. We miss you so much. We will always love you, man. Rest In Peace Chester.

youtu.be/F_v1SLIt01Q?t=210

youtube.com/watch?v=F_v1SLIt01Q&ab_channel=Ruudzik2

they were good friends, and apparently cornells death had a big impact on chester. they both suffered from drug and alcohol abuse.

i believe chester wasn't happy with the new direction linkin park was going. maybe he felt like the music wasn't authentic or genuine anymore because now he had to pretend to be happy

I'd kill myself for this reason.

or maybe he was actually happy and the critics absolutely shitting on it brought him back a bad place? who knows man

I didn't cry at any of my grandparents' funerals. I'd be an unredeemable asshole if I cried over celebrities I've never even met

>maybe he felt like the music wasn't authentic or genuine anymore
He was vehemently defending the album, to the point of threatening violence on people that criticize it.

>he had to pretend to be happy
He claimed that the lyrics to Heavy were the darkest in their discography.
He was all for the album.

neither did i but i'm very depressed. i didn't cry when i heard the news that my grandma died, but i cried today because i was out of hand soap. i'm mostly dead on the inside.

Oh shiit, I actually found out about linking park after an vegeta in the end amv, shizz used to send shivers down my spine

I don't care, and I don't mean that in a way that's as bad as it sounds, their deaths make me more nostalgic than sad.

The celebrity death that most effected was Steve Irwin, I actually cried my eyes out as a kid.
But chesters death is probably a second most, I don't get affected my celeb deaths that much but, linkin park was probs the most listen band in my collection as a kid.
I was also mostly into rap, but their rap rock combo actually got me interested into rock more,

Plus his voice used to be haunting, sadly looking at his lyrics and lives I can see how much of his soul he put into his songs
RIP man

His death felt more surreal because just few weeks back I watched a good mythical morning episode with him and mike, and was thinking how happy and witty he is and listened to classics for nostalgia.

Don't compare Chester to Wayne. The dude was not even in the same league as Chester.

Same here. I think it was because of all the Jaboody Dubs and cs188 vids I was watching at the time.

explain?

in 5th grade in like 07 I used to watch those amvs all the time, cringe at it now but it satisfied my tween angst and probable autism back then.

Best amv coming through

I cared about Amy Winehouse's death but I'm from Camden and she was so young.

youtube.com/watch?v=3eSIDNCiLw8

the only one that affected me other than Chester was Cohen

Dio is the only one that moved me a little, largely in part because shortly before he died there was news going around that he was dying and the family gave a press release saying it was a false alarm and he was still recovering nicely

i feel exactly the same way, i wanted to make the same thread. i haven't felt anything for other people, especially when they commit suicide. but i can't hold back tears listening to them today, im 31 now. maybe cause i was going through a tough time when i found them, maybe because their words gave me more hope and strength than any of the self help positivity bullshit out there. fuck.
why chester? if you can't make it, how am i suppose to?

taking pills or cutting wrists is a cry for attention. hanging or shooting yourself means you're serious

>Fast forward ten years later you mature and realise the angst was stupid

It was never stupid. The angst was real. You got denied prime pussy while Chad got it all. You are just in autopilot-cope mode now. There's nothing more real than teen angst and there's nothing more fake than coping adult cucks.

same here

I always unironically liked Linkin Park. Hybrid Theory>Meteora>The Hunting Party>A Thousand Suns>Minutes to Midnight>Living Things>One More Light

>saving these pictures
>high goal in life is making whores out of young women
>world view literally revolves around this
are you a faggot or what

>For some reason I actually care about Chester Bennington's death
Well, you grew up with his music, can't really blame ya for feeling that way. I grew up with Prince's and Jackson's music, so that kinda hit me, especially Prince, Prodigy was a pretty recent one too, high-school wouldn't be high-school without Prodigy or Mobb Deep.
Never was a LP fan, I don't think that will change, simply never grew up with that sound, that's it, not my thing. They made worthwhile radio-rock, I can appreciate that, but again, I'm not gonna jump on the LP bandwagon now, it would be kinda hypocritical of me.

>dank memes
>spicy memes

I've been thinking the same thing. I've never been to live music but I always thought that I might go see them some day. Now I realise I'll never get the chance.

>didn't really care about Bowie's death
I mean really dude.

Only Kurt Cobain's death moved me since I was really into his music and he had fucking potential.

>So much this
Hello r/eddit. Fuck off back.

Keep coping, you are the faggot.

>You gonna cry at my funeral?
Yes. I need to let my emotions out in order to look forward with no regrets. Being pent up is not healthy.
Anyway, I think drugs really fuck people up in the long term. I honestly do. I feel like he'd be more sound if he didn't abuse drugs so much. It's a sad thing.

Bowie was a hack

Michael Jackson's killed me because I'd gotten into music through him. Plus, I was only 11.
Bowie's was detrimental though. He's been incredibly influential on the music I make, and such a sudden death after such a great album (that turned out to be about his own death, on top of that) shook me up badly.
I honestly haven't cared about Linkin Park since I was significantly younger, and I have no idea why everyone is so torn apart about it. It's certainly saddening, but he's never truly made any music that I'd like to hear again. Just because he killed himself doesn't mean he made good music, as harsh as that sounds.

ez b8

always in life we all must make this mistake

I am a late 90s baby and I don't really care either, I think I consciously missed the whole "edgy teen" culture since most mainstream metal is pretty crappy.

The reason some people are sad is because they were in the same position you were in when they were young and developing taste
Meteora came out when I was 10 and it is the first album i ever owned that got me into harder rock music

then he should have fought for it, not abandon earth REEEING. i mean why kys when youre a grown assed adult and not a weak teen? makes absolute no sense.

Sorry about your bro user. I miss mine too.

>haha fuck rehab lmaoooo
>dies
dumb whore.

>talk about suicide for almost 20 years
>finally does it

damn..

Well all the other artists you listed were a big influence on other generations. If you're on Sup Forums chances are you're about 20-25 give or take so Hybrid Theory was huge when you were 10-12 like most of us.
I didn't like Linkin Park very much at all but it still affected me a bit. Makes me feel like life is starting to go on pretty damn fast.

underrated

I was 12 when I was introduced to Hybrid Theory by a friend. At first I didn't like it but it grew on me and I started to appreciate the dissonant sounds. Even though it's structurally poppy as fuck, it opened the doors to heavier music for me. My mid teens were spent listening to Hybrid Theory and Meteora over and over again. I basically idolized Chester.
Then I grew up and got over Linkin Park (especially after being so disappointed with MTM), but this hit me right in the feels. A part of my childhood died and that kinda hurts.

I did not have such a connection with any of those other artists, so their deaths didn't phase me at all.

unironically damn.....

Your reason is my reason too. It's probably because you grew up at a time when you could be so connected to LP. Like I'm sad those other people you listed died but it wasn't as impactful since my appreciation of their music wasn't so ingrained.