Who /hype/?

Who /hype/?
Also Ween general.

Other urls found in this thread:

schnitzel.co.uk/shop/details.php?req_id=32&artist=ween
youtube.com/watch?v=0jyjh8McQVc&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Mollusk is a good album but everything else is shit.

Already preordered it.
So according to them, it won't be the repress from the 2015 version. So will it be double LP?

Damn dude not even Quebec?

Nah, it's single LP but it's multicolored

Very.
The Pod reissue when?

Half of Quebec is pretty good, I'll give it that

the pod needs a super deluxe fleshlight edition

Comes with free scotchguard

>YOU SMOKE
>BIG DICK

I'm about to experience ween irl for the first time ever next month. What should I expect?

Pleb alert

>audiophile vinyl
Nice scam

damn, the first time i "expirenced" ween was in 2005 when i heard "ocean man" on the spongebob movie soundtrack it was good then in 2015 i listened to the mollusk at my granpaps house high and not thinking about shit my grandad died on 7-20-15 and we had his funeral on 7-24-15 my birthday and it was crazy. god bless ween man t was a crazy time in my life shut man enjoy this album

There are many people in this board that say Buenas Tardes Amigo is the least good song of Chocolate and Cheese

It is one of my favourites. Am I in the wrong?

No, that's one of my favourites too. Don't listen to them.

Mine too. Don't listen to the contrarian edgelords in Sup Forums

>There are many people in this board that say Buenas Tardes Amigo is the least good song of Chocolate and Cheese
Do they? It's great, it's very minimalistic

Now when are we going to get a good pressing of The Mollusk?

NEW MATERIAL WHEN

NO THE DEANER ALBUM DOESN'T COUNT

I think the minimalism is why some people don't like it, it's literally just four chords for seven minutes

you're outta luck user

i think shinola vol 2 is in the works

WAIT!! Is this a shitty plain records reissue? I know they reissued ween and all of them sound horrible, just like everything else they reisssued. If a new label is reissuing ween, I'm preording this

schnitzel records mang schnitzel.co.uk/shop/details.php?req_id=32&artist=ween
shinola vol 1 reissue is next

OH SHIT

Is there a list with everything else they are doing? I'm ordering this

they posted this late last year

bump

This is why it ranks low for me. I don't really care for the story so that doesn't make up for anything.

I prefer weezer desu

probably the worst opinion I've ever heard.
even worse.

Didn't it get a RSD reissue sometime in the last couple of years?

Also,
>hype for a coloured vinyl reissue
>that's been reissuied multiple times since 1010
>that's been easy as fuck to find on CD for dirt cheap for longer than that

why

Quebec has many lackluster songs.

I'm going to the Halloween show this year.

/hype/d

It's not far from the truth desu

go on

mollusk is not as good as chocolate and cheese or quebec.

A 10/10 show. Get up close for Deaners O face and just to see Gener be the amazing man he is

It's actually better than both. One could argue that Chocolate & Cheese is their second best album but could be as low as fourth. Quebec, at the very best, is their fifth best album.

It's Gonna Be a Long Night
Among His Tribe
Tried and True
Captain
The Fucked Jam
Alcan Road

>among his tribe
>tried and true
>alcan road
>lackluster

You just have shit taste it's ok

Lucky man. I'm trying to do both nights at the Masonic.

No, they are indeed lackluster compared to the rest of the album and certainly the majority of Ween's studio catalog.

Tried True and Among his Tribe are top tier Ween songs dude. Idk what you're on.

>proceeds to list the best songs on the album

I just puked. Quebec has the highest hit rate of all their albums imo. How you can hate IGBALN, Among His Tribe and Alcan Road is just beyond me.
Mollusk is good no doubt but everything between The Blarney Stone and Buckingham Green is a bit boring imo

I'm on knowing how to determine good music.
Now you certainly have shit taste if you really think that.
Highest hit rate goes to Chocolate & Cheese.

It's Gonna Be Alright is a fucking tearjerker. That song is so god damn beautiful.

jesus christ you actually made me mad

Did you forget about me, motherfucker?

Good, get better taste then.

>the guy hating on quebec in charge of telling other people to get better taste

>no u
Quebec is their best album you fucking pleb

Even If You Don't is a cracking song. Should have done better in the charts

Not him but you're wrong
The Pod and Pure Guava are tied for best album.

fair enough

why?

The Mollusk, Chocolate & Cheese, The Pod, and Pure Guava are all better than Quebec.
I'm just letting you know your opinion is wrong, you can continue to be deaf if you want.

I'm gonna be taking LSD tomorrow. What are the best ween albums/songs to listen to? And which should I avoid (I'm looking at you, Pod)?

>decide to finally listen to ween and see what all the critical acclaim is about
>YOU FUCKED UP YOU FUCKING NAZI WHORE

bands shouldn't be merited on eccentricity alone

Pure Guava was the BEST album to follow The Pod with by every measure. GodWeenSatan showed the duo's musical chops and ability to just churn out songs left and right, but The Pod showed the diversity of their songwriting ability showcasing a wide variety of genres rather than just a couple. Not to say it's accessible. It's not. It's a dark, dank, outhouse of an album guaranteed to turn the weakhearted away. That's why Pure Guava is just as amazing. It's almost the complete opposite of The Pod. It's bubbly, fun, and friendly for the most part. It's yin and yang in musical form.

Terrible taste r kid. The Pod and Pure Guava are fun but just aren't on the same level. The Mollusk is an improvement with a few monotonous tracks. Chocolate and Cheese is great but doesn't have the holistic feeling Quebec has

Pure Guava and quebec are the right answers.

>The Pod and Pure Guava are fun but just aren't on the same level.
Shit taste detected. Those are the best ween albums.

I'm not even saying quebec is the best ween album. It's not, but I love it either way

This is legit, right? I'm just surprised there's no additional shipping fees to Canada.

Stop posting this bait.

>shit taste

either you think this is a discussion, in which case please expand on it. otherwise, please just expand your vocabulary

good song

Not as good as FAT LENNYYYYYYYY

honestly, we're just memeing at this point. It doesn't really matter what your favorite ween album is. They're all great. It's just fun to tell people who pan the albums you like they have shit taste, then watch the (you)'s roll in.

The Pod is a murky, lighthearted but a bit stupid ride that gets a boring and repetitive at times but is mostly fun. Some songs are too simplistic and borderline retarded to really put the album in contest with records like The Mollusk or Choc and Cheese or Quebec. Of all their albums it shows off their very unique, juvenile humor the best, though. Its hilarious.

I think Pure Guava is actually a lot more difficult and a bit more interesting than The Pod. It literally hurts the ears at points but its sonic sloppiness somehow takes it to another transcendent level. Again its very funny but not in contest with the earlier mentioned albums imo

Only place where Pure Guava really hurts is Morning Glory. Id imagine the Pod being MUCH harder to get through for first timers. Pure Guava has a much better pop sensibility, The Pod rarely taps into the pop realm, even then it's more bowie esque glam than pop. It is pretty amazing though that Ween was doing stuff on both these albums that modern bands are struggling to make interesting.

Mourning Glory on hurts if you're a pussy. That song is gorgeous.

GWS is best for their humour, and it's also their best imo. Pure Guava is also great, very underrated, I think some people see it as Podlite, but it's really much better than that.

I agree I was just speaking as if it was a first listen for someone who had never even listened to ween before.

I remember being depressed and always stoned in highschool and this album and song in particular really spoke to me in a disgruntled way. Ween got me through awkward retarded youth desu. Something about their wacky absurdism paired with a dose of sincerity and melancholy really did and still does speak to me

was just thinking about how my two ween albums needed a repressing. now all i need is a pod repress

>can't into The Pod, the best of all time Ween album. A true 10/10. One of the best albums of the 90's....

The Mollusk is probably what you want to aim for. I prefer taking shrooms to that album though.

You might want to listen to this while you're at it
youtube.com/watch?v=0jyjh8McQVc&

inxy!! lol i sometimes see your comments on random songs i find on the net, its kind of like a little seal of approval

Is liking Quebec a lot only a Sup Forums thing? I've spoken with some fans at Ween concerts they usually favored GWS and Pure Guava the most. Heck, I even met someone whose favorite Ween album was 12GCG. I think Quebec is the best Ween album, but it seems like it's fairly under-appreciated outside of Sup Forums.

RYM has it rated as the second highest Ween album behind The Mollusk IIRC

no I don't think so. both dean and gene have said that they think it's their best, alongside the mollusk

Who else was there for the absolutely legendary Bend show?

>tfw saw a repressed issue of The Pod in a record store when I first started getting into Ween and didn't buy it

It was only $40 compared to the insane prices now but I think I had only listened to it once at the time. I will always regret not picking it up.

they'll probably repress it soon enough

What did they think of The Cockroach? Did they feel that they made a misstep with that one?

I was.
Above and beyond the greatest show/night of my life.

Quebec and Chocolate And Cheese is their bests works.

Based Coleman

underrated drummer desu

Claude is the man for sure.

Forgot to say: this is from an interview with Gener

He basically says the same in the WTF interview with Marc Maron. Just without mentioning La Cucaracha.
Based off interviews I'm super optimistic for another album from them. How long it will take is where I'm uncertain.

I think Ween have one more good album in them. Maybe not Quebec good but at least one that we wouldn't shit on. They seem pretty refreshed and revitalized since Gene worked through his issues.

Yes, I had to leave early due to health issues though.

It's just a matter of getting him and Deaner in the studio together. I know Deaner still parties pretty hard and Gener probably doesn't want that in the studio at all.

spinal meningitis?