Q

So was he actually omnipotent or was that just bluster?

Could anyone in Star Trek canon beat him?

Other urls found in this thread:

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/0#Q0
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Suzie_Plakson
youtu.be/Tev8Lnu3jPI?t=39s
strawpoll.me/11175630
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Didn't he have his powers taken away from him?

So no, he can't be omnipotent, by definition.

Yeah but that was by fellow Q, so it doesn't really count.

I know TECHNICALLY you're right, but for the sake of discussion leave the other Q out of this, because we have no idea whether certain ones are stronger than others or if they just swarmed the Q we see in TNG/VOY and took his powers.

He would have conversations with people, even he could reasonably read their minds and/or make their minds for them. Which was a little faltery

He got his shit kicked in by Sisko

You'd think if he was omnipotent he would at least realize he was about to be punched

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

>Implying that leniency towards Bajorans isn't wrong
He even said it himself

That being disguised as an old man who genocided an entire race because he thought about it could kick his ass

In MUH EU BOOKS the Pah-Wraiths enter the Q Continuum and fucked their shut up bad

I would imagine, the prophets, that old guy in TNG who wiped out a whole species with a thought, and others of that caliber could take him on, there are a few super powerful races like that

He's alluded to Q being able to destroy galaxies on accident.

Reminder: your sexual organs did nothing wrong.

>He got his shit kicked in by Sisko
>You'd think if he was omnipotent he would at least realize he was about to be punched
He was just playing along, look at his facial expression. If he was really caught by surprise why didn't his Illusion collapse?

well he does say "You hit me...Captain Picard never hit me!" and he seemed genuinely suprised but I guess he could be pretending

there was that green ayy lmao face and that guy who genocided a race with just a thought because they attacked the world he was living on with his human wife

It's kinda weird that Q, who believes humans to be brutal savages, is shocked that one of them would hit him.

Shocked that one of them who knew what he was would hit him.

He's just interested

>didn't completely wipe out those backwards idiots who believed some aliens were their prophets

>he doesn't worship profits

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/0#Q0

It took four Q's to take this guy on.

He also summoned two other entities to assist him.

The Beta XII-A entity (*) which was responsible for the whole Day of the Dove scenario.

He also summoned Gorgan from (and the children shall lead)

Along with The One (That big head from Star Trek Five)

Three*

>This is a list of non-canon characters

how was it bluster? did you not actually watch any of the q episodes? he could literally do anything he wanted

>implying q was anything but a flim-flam man

I forget almost every episode of VOY but why didnt Janeway ask Q to bring them home

This

He was undoubtedly powerful, but hardly a 'God'. Kirk and the TOS crew would have probably found his weak spot in less than an hour, especially since Trelane was a Q and they managed to fuck him over

She was a stronk independent woman who don't need no Q.

ITT: Fanfiction

Have you ever even seen TOS? Kirk dealt with gods on the regular.

Kevin Uxbridge could genocide aliens, but he couldn't bring them back to life. Pretty weak in comparison to Q.

>putting Memory Beta content on Memory Alpha
This triggers me. Please delete this article.

You don't actually think he would've done it, do you?

Q offered to bring Voyager home in exchange for Janeway having his baby.

She refused.

>mfw people imply that Janeway would do ~anything~ for her crew

>So was he actually omnipotent or was that just bluster?
He can't be, it doesn't make logical sense for there to be 2 omnipotent beings, because one would have to be stronger than the other to be all-powerful.

I suspect that's just a label they use to give mortals the general idea of what they're like, but they're functionally omnipotent in that they're more powerful than anything that isn't a Q.

When we meet Quinn in Voyager, he says to Q "I'll stalemate you for eternity" - and that makes sense only if they were equally powerful, but at the same time multiple Q can gang up on a single Q to remove their powers.

Q's wife was a hottie. Was it the same actress who played Worf's mate, that Klingon ambassador or whoever she was?

I think she was one of Bashir's autistic friends.

>Could anyone in Star Trek canon beat him?

Nope, she was also doctor Selar.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Suzie_Plakson

CHOCOLATE FUDGE
NICE AND MELTED

reminder that dukat's neck is a sexual organ

>constantly telling people she craves chocolate
>eventually hooks up with Worf
What did she mean by this?

You're confusing them with Ferengi ears.

>This is Q's "oh my god, this negro just caused me serious physical injury and I am not at all mocking him" face

youtu.be/Tev8Lnu3jPI?t=39s

>Implying
I mean you do realize that if she actually accepted, that would've painted the biggest fucking target on humanity that has ever been painted
>"Hey everyone? It turns out that the inter-dimensional gods of all existence have decided to get off of their asses and start doing shit again for the first time in billions of years! Now instead of one asshole occaisonally poping up here and there interfering with people's business like some legendary figure with a sick sense of humour, their entire species is re-evaluating that maybe they should stick their nose into the universe's business!"
>"Oh yeah? What spurred this sudden change of heart?"
>"Some human slut fucked one of them, and now they have kids. Kids who also have their bullshit powers."
>"Fucking humans!"
Q pretty much spelled out that this was his plan and the reason he wanted a kid.

Sisko is part wormhole alien, and we don't really know how powerful they are. He's not linear. Q may be able to jump around in time, but he still seems linear as evidenced by the suicidal q, q's son, and the q civil war.

i remember some scene in the first season of ds9, kira was saying some line and it sounded like she messed it up but they kept it in anyway.

>Sisko is part wormhole alien
This is a retcon, you can tell by the fact that the prophets don't know who or what he is when they first meet him.

You're thinking linearly.

They were merely pretending.

But the prophets weren't when they said it

Was TNG the only series with actually good and satisfying closure? Sisko's story felt a bit like a cliffhanger, the end of Dominion War was unsatisfactory. VOY's finale felt rushed as hell to, certainly not what I was expecting from a big home arrival. TOS and ENT were fucking cancelled.

I actually really liked ENT. Its a shame no one else did. The Xindi arc and the Andorian stuff was pretty cool actually.

>the suicidal q
I don't remember this one.

It's Voyager's only good Q episode.

yeah. The Q definitely had some bluster to them. They would not be so serious about preventing Q junior from provoking the Borg if it was not within the Borgs power to fuck with them at least a bit.

> the end of Dominion War was unsatisfactory
I disagree, Damar's redemption was one of the best character arcs in the series and the cost they paid made it feel like a real war. I probably would have started the war a few episodes earlier though and spread it out so it felt more drawn out, but otherwise it was good.

It's all the stuff that comes after that I have the problem with, it feels like they committed to doing an hour and a half but only wrote a regular episode so they had to pad it with a full Vic Fontaine song and what feels like half an hour of flashback montages, the battle with Dukat feels like it's just a quick thing that needs sorting out before we go (which maybe isn't so bad seeing as it's so awfully written, and Avery's acting in that scene is even more hammy than usual).

Voyager 2x18 (Death Wish)

Yeah. And also that sexpot Andorian in Enterprise. She and Jeffrey Combs played the only good recurring characters in that show.

But her look-alike who was Bashir's autistic friend was hot, too.

This other Q seemed to have a hold on his balls

Well, since he was just the writers wanking to themselves, he was pretty much unbeatable. The only ones that could would be the producers.

The space Rape Gangs could beat him

if you know what I mean

DS9 had a fucking 9 part finale , what

Implying my fan character can't beat up your fan character.

I think DS9's conclusion was perfect. Remember, DS9 is the anti-TNG. It takes TNG's typical Trek concepts and turns them on its head. So the ending isn't like TNG, either.

What's more, DS9 actually had a proper lead up to the ending. In TNG, it just happens. We go from mediocre season 7 episodes to the show's end, instantly. DS9 in its final season is way, way different than in its first season. I think its relatively muted ending is very appropriate for the Dominion War. Throughout the show it's presented as a gruelling, lingering conflict that extracts a brutal toll from everyone involved. And the ending sticks to that. I love how understated it is.

Maybe that stuff with Dukat and the Pah-Wraiths was kind of rushed, but at least we got to see Winn burn. Fucking finally. I'm giving it points just for that.

the ONLY thing that i disliked about how ds9 wrapped up was fucking sisko and damar falling into a pit of fire .. THE END

fucking awful, muh prophets muh bajorans muh occupation was the biggest mistake ds9 made, it would have been a much more enjoyable show had they not heavily pushed the religion angle, especially with how they blatently couldnt figure out how to write sisko & damars finale scene and just thought fuck it, they just kill eachother lol

the dominion war was fine i thought, they did a good job of showing that the war is fucking everything in alpha quadrant up and they nicely wrap it up with a long, well detailed buildup and of course damar's actions towards the end was a great way to give his character arc closure

He is supposed to be some extra dimensional being that sees all avenues and all timelines simultaneously and has perception beyond things like time and space. Still gets stunned by mundane things the human crew says or does.

Never saw that Sisko punch coming, was genuinely stunned afterward.

>my favorite commander was a nigger

cmon son, the Q are essentially the gods of the 'trek verse, do you honestly think Q didn't willingly let sisko punch him in the face?

>can see all possible avenues of existence

This was a lie, right?

The Q seem constantly surprised by the reactions of the puny humans to their presence.

Remember, in cannon two Q living on Earth were killed by freak tornado.

will we ever get another trek tv series on par with ds9/tng?

fucking hell, why did voy and ent have to be so garbage

He let him hit him though.

Didn't they give up all their powers?

Of all the super evolved superpowered aliens, the Q really do seem to come off the most as humans+powers. They still act like ordinary ego driven dick humans.

Meanwhile most of the other superpowered aliens are in that "so far advanced nothing can really comprehend them, so they appear as a kid by a lake" or some other weird shit.

Q seem to live in the moment like humans, have literally no precog, make tons of idiot mistakes, do not know what things like sleep is, are prone to childish emotions, have to travel somewhere to know what is happening there.

They are apparently not all knowing, omniscient, are very linear, and are driven by emotions.

Makes me wonder if the TNG/DS9/VOY writers ever had any conception of how they related to the Prophets/El Aurians, seeing as Guinan can potentially fuck with Q

Def/ at least a little bluster. Remember that he was slightly afraid of Guinan.

>That one TNG episode where the guy willed a whole Star Empire out of existence
With all these gods running around, I don't see how Dominion and Federation can stay relevant for long

Q is afraid of other Q, and Guinan was probably friends with other Q.

Maybe you shouldn't complain that hard when you can't even tell Dukat and Damar apart, my Kazon-American brother.

Post TNG Trek writers just did not know how the fuck to write a highly evolved superbeing alien at all. Best they could come up with was complete asshole with powers.

And they were not consistent on the powers.

>They still act like ordinary ego driven dick humans.
>They are apparently not all knowing, omniscient, are very linear, and are driven by emotions.
so like the Greek gods, and most polytheistic deities. the all powerful god is a requirement when you have only 1 god

Especially when there were a shitload of them in Fed space alone.

You would think the Klingons and Romulans would eventually piss off the god aliens in their regions at some point.

Well the Klingons killed their gods.

That does not work when you spend a lot of time describing the guy as all powerful, then get to work retconning that in all later appearances.

yeah well anyone who watched ds9 knew who i meant you meganigger

I never understood why Guinan wasnt the ship counselor , she was so much better at it than boobs mcgee

That's just their gods, what about random super psychic alien #82143 on random M-Class planet of the week, or floating pink thought cloud in space, or random other dimensional alien that takes the form of an old timer running a country store in 1920's Mississippi.

>>my favorite commander was a nigger
Who was yours then?

strawpoll.me/11175630

Apparently all the Doctors except Bashir were Commanders but I'm not counting them, nor *Major* Kira who served the same function.

so he isn't literally 'all powerful' but all powerful in the sense that a greek god is all powerful compared to a mortal

That Voyager Q who wanted to an hero explicitly told Tuvok that the Q are full of shit and not nearly as powerful as they want you to think they are

I haven't seen any explanations of it, but my headcanon is that they chose to only be omniscient when necessary because it's a boring way to spend your existence.

>can snap his/their fingers and literally do anything they want to
>lol they arent godlike

uhhh......

>Post TNG Trek writers

You mean Voyager writers. But yes, you're correct. Voyager's Q were completely fucking awful.

I really hated how Voyager made every superbeing Southern. It makes zero fucking sense, and it was camp as shit. In the bad way, too. They did it with the Caretaker (they literally call him Banjo Man) and they did it with Q. It's stupid. Sure, they have the excuse that "we' just perceive it that way, but in the end it's still a bunch of actors doing a piss poor job of American Civil War reenactment. At least in TNG, when Q brought them all to Nottingham and stuff like that, it was pretty bloody obvious that it was based on the crew's own concept of things, and especially Picard's. That's not how the limited human brain interprets the shit around them. That's Q fucking with people, and that makes sense. And it's fun, because they're all aware of it. It trancends the cheap theatre troup outfits because the characters can comment on a situation we all recognize, too.

But in Voyager it's just people running around the woods in period costume with zero fucking tension going on. They don't even show a redshirt get hit by the Q muskets and explode or something equally terrifying.

Hell, when TNG did its second Q episode and Riker shouts "those are not muskets!" it was playing the same goddamn trope better than Voyager.

Just fuck Voyager's concept of Q.

This is why I believe the Earth focus just does not work.

On one hand they try to flesh the universe out but at the same time all these catastrophes end up very localized.

Well the fact that they were able to kill their gods stands to show that they are capable of deicide. Combine that with the fact that they fear nothing, and the fact that we've never heard one peep out of any of the god aliens within Klingon space, and you can assume with relative safety that they have killed, or otherwise dealt with all of them. Casualties were probably much higher than when the Federation deals with god beings, but that's of no matter to the empire.

But Greek gods can be killed by starship phaser fire, so they aren't really even that powerful.

Don't forget they managed to ruin the Borg as well

Greek gods are humans+an extra organ in their chest that channels superpowers from giant machines that look like old corinthian columns. And phasers kill them.

see
The aliens that posed as gods were not noncoporeal beings with psychic powers. They were really tall guys that had superpower granting machines.

Then what is their weakness? They're clearly not omniscient unless some convoluted shit like turns out to be true, but why not?

If they can snap galaxies out of existence with their fingers in like a micro second, how the fuck would they NOT be omniscient?

Do they need to recharge their energy or something?

Fucking hell this shit just made no sense, I don't how they managed to make Q such a compelling character at all

This. Also the episode strongly implied that the Q murdered them.