Serj Tankian
Tom Delonge
Dave Grohl
Anthony Kiedis

Serj obviously

the incubus guy

F-Fred Durst?

Definitely Dave Grohl.
The world just seems happier with him alive, even if I don't love some of the music he's made.

Chad Kroger
I want to live in that worlds youtube comment section

Kiedis. I'm not exactly a fan of RCHP, but I like some of their stuff and he seems like a legitimately nice guy. I don't really care about any others on the list and Dave Grohl is a massive cunt who only parades as a 'nice guy'.

We got the duality of man up in this bitch.

Oh fuck off. Name even ONE instance when he has done something legitimately cunty.

Rerecorded the drum tracks on TCatS and didn't tell the drummer, kicked him out of the band very shortly afterwards, allowed him fuck-all royalties for his work.

Mike

>I'm not satisfied because it's not wock and woll!1!11!!11!1!!2
He's a massive prick masquerading as a nice, wholesome dad.

Kinda valid, I'll take it I guess.
Nice try.

>Things are exactly the same and function exactly the same way as they did in 1990, although the only reason I'm famous is because I lucked out and joined a small band immediately before they became popular, none thanks to my input - I was just a (very) replaceable drummer

Rock and roll though guys! ROCK!

>captcha: select drums
wew

>Dave Grohl
>(very) replaceable

Dave, get out of my thread and don't make me ask again.

Tom Delonge is definitely out of the question at this point IMO

He'll probably just get kidnapped by aliens anyhow.

SHIT MY COVER IS BLOWN

BYEBYE!
-runs-

In respect of Nirvana's music, absolutely. Dan Peters, Dale Crover, and Chad Channing were just as suitable for Nirvana's music as Grohl. Heck, even someone like Dave Abbruzese (sp?) or Mark Pickerel could have done just as well in Nirvana as Grohl.

While we're talking about Grohl...why does he and Foo Fighters get to pass the generation gap that Nirvana doesn't? I've been told by many a old folk that Nirvana ruined rock but then Foo Fighters are so cool. Almost always metal dudes too. I get the whole thing about Nirvana "killing hair metal" I just don't get why Grohl doesn't get the hate too.

I don't know. Personally, I can't see just any other drummer doing the drums for In Utero and giving it the exact same feeling. Dave's drumming may not be the most inventive style, but there's something distinctive about it that I can notice. Songs For The Deaf being another example.

Don't listen to the cunts who hate on Nirvana. They're bitter.

Of course it wouldn't have the same feel, but I'd argue that the music (and drumming) would have on the same par.

On a technical standpoint, yeah.

Bitter how exactly?

Nirvana is seen by many in and out of the metal scene as what killed the whole 80s metal scene. My guitar who was in Vicious Rumours, a relatively popular metal band of the era, told me he knows people who went homeless after Nirvana broke big. I'm not the user you're responding to, I'm the guy asking the original question, but there's definitely a bitterness among certain musicians/music fans.

Everybody is always bitter of the music acts that close out their favorite timeline in music. For example, people were made at Hair Metal bands for getting rid of Classic Rock timeline, and Grunge for getting rid of that, and Nu Metal for getting rid of Grunge, and whatever, and so on.

Big funny

glam metal was already dying in LA and being replaced by funk rock shit before nirvana came in the picture. the red hot chili peppers arguably did more to kill hair metal than nirvana did

Chad Kroeger to piss off the normies

......but normies are the ones who like him.

Fred Durst

spot the turkey

The ol Nickelback paradox, normies love them, everyone hates them.

Serj without any doubt.

>it's a dave grohl pretends he was always a central character in nirvana's history episode

This lel. Nirvana was already signed to DGC and recorded demos for most of the material on Nevermind by the time Grohl replaced Chad Channing.

Serj because I'm still waiting for that SOAD album

This desu

Brandon Boyd seems a good lad, although I'll be honest I have't heard much of their stuff post-Light Grenades.

Fred.

AWRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
PARTNUH

>the guy that fucked over Mr. Bungle and caused to disband
>a legitimately nice guy

I just read about this... I had no idea. This totally changes my opinion of him, srs.

Dave Grohl. Despite what people push, he is a genuine nice and humble guy who makes some decent buttrock.

Fred Durst, obviously

Is it possible to learn this genre...?

This. Although they'll probably go in a new 'poppy' direction like Linkin Park and to a lesser extent, Deftones, and I won't like it and it'll hurt

If you don't pick Serj I don't even know what to tell you. Serj is objectively the best lyricist,musician and vocalist in that list.

I know Anthony, Billie and especially Dave ain't gonna get saved by me.

this