The Greatest Debate Ever

Lust for Life vs The Idiot?
The consensus seems to be "Lust for Life"
"The Idiot" is more respected than loved and more legendary than iconic, while "Lust for Life" is the exact opposite.
Thoughts?

I like both equally

i recognize that The Idiot is the better album, but I'd much rather listen to Lust for Life

Lust for Life's album art fits better for The Idiot and vice versa.

Who is the idiot?

absolutely not

What the fuck?

I tell people I like the idiot more and make sure to choose the idiot when I'm scrolling through spotify on a train and I think a cutie can see my phone screen, but I enjoy lust for life more.

Lust for Life is more fun

That's a tough one. I suppose it depends on mood. The Idiot has more of a late night thing going on while Lust For Life is more lively and animated. I suppose i'd have to pick Lust For Life if only for the title track and "The Passenger" edging it out.

>Sup Forums showing his true pleb colors
Fucking disgusting.
The Idiot is the greatest album ever made. Name one thing out of fucking place in that record. Name another fucking record who captures urban depression better than the idiot. Name another album unexpected as the idiot.
Lust for life is a good record, but isn't nowhere near as unique as the idiot

>Exact opposite

I don't think you know what that word means. Lust of life is loved and respected just as much. Opposite would mean everyone hates it and it's considered the worth thing he's ever done.

this must be b8

then why not just say you like Lust for Life more

Because the idiot is the patrician choice while lust for life is the fun choice

>NOW I'M LOOKING FOR THE DUM DUM BOYS
>HEY WHERE ARE YOU NOW, I NEED YOUR NOISE

That's my point; why not just say what you personally like the best instead of what's considered 'patrician' by most people

I think a better debate is Blank Generation or Marquee Moon.

Marquee Moon by a landslide.

Raw Power is the true patrician choice

not even close, marquee moon...

Lust for life is better.