Sup /b

sup /b
Fun fact, this an Iraqi soldier. Part of the "Golden Brigade" These guys train 2 years non stop with US special forces and then go out and kick ass.

Pretty cool if ya ask me.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_face_mask
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_armor#Performance_standards
brookings.edu/research/sunni-and-shi-a-terrorism-differences-that-matter/
liveleak.com/view?i=c0f_1423274455
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

slap a mask on anyone and he looks hardcore as fuck
>south american police unit

Isn't hot dressed up like that?

Yeah, that black stuff get it even worse

Probably.

I must admit, that's one stylish burqa

Yeah but the fact that they are SF quality makes it more legit tho

Who ordered the truckload of violent rape?

Are the masks for actual physical protection or for identity protection / visual intimidation?

pretty sure they are bullet proof? no?

Intimidation/identity. There really isnt any practical masks that exist today that will stop bullets.

They're ballistic masks, yes, they're designed to protect. That doesn't mean they're terribly useful in close combat, so in reality it comes down to intimidation reasons.

I suppose they can protect their face from flying debris, right?

Exactly. Seeing the face and emotions of an enemy has a lot to do with the human mind. If you don't see the guy wince after a heavy blow, but just see a discomforting mask, tour mind has a hell of a time figuring shit out.

According to Wikipedia, the strongest ballistic masks are rated Type IIIA, which can stop a .357 or a 44 magnum and everything below. IDK what those specific type are rated as though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistic_face_mask
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_armor#Performance_standards

also identity protection. Esp in South America bc cartels and corruption, but even there in Iraq/Syria, if you watched the early ISIS vids- they were going around assassinating lots and lots of people. In a region that unstable, seems like you wouldn't want to bank on anything even in times of relative peace.

It all comes down to the size of the projectile and the remaining velocity. Small projectiles like fired from rifles will still punch through the best ballistic vests at close range, but if you try the same from like 100 m farther the results may change. Pistol rounds are much larger and slower, therefore more likely to be blocked by such a mask, but only from a certain distance. Shrapnel are usually the largest and slowest, therefore most likely of the group to be stopped.

Looks like a stupid airsoft mask that came out long ago. Kek

faceless drones to protect the rich in power

sucking their dicks isnt gonna save you when the hammer drops on you peasants rioting for food and water

It's not going to be so cool when Iraq's Shi'a-dominated government turns the country into an Iranian client state in a decade.

Plastic crap

Looks like something from Metal Gear.

that's exactly why they're wearing them. They don't want to be yanked out of bed and executed 10 yrs from now for fixing their country.

I got that airsoft mask when I was in college and into that shit

real soldiers don't really need gay ass masks like that

in my service we got balaclavas and only when going inside arabic villages and arresting people because they used to put bounties on soldiers they knew thier faces

You don't seem to understand what's happening over there. They're already cooperating with Iranian militias and Shi'a paramilitary organizations to fight ISIS (Sunni).

When ISIS is defeated, they'll cozy up to Iran even more. The "Golden Brigade" doesn't have to worry about being "yanked out of bed and executed" by an Iranian client state. They'll be celebrated as heroes.

Still biggest pussies in the world don't care. Also israeli army is 5 times as strong with regular training. US troops are litteraly dog shit.

real tough guys don't need to look tough

I'm just speaking generally, it's all cycles.
saudi's will export terrorism once again, regimes will collapse/change, the remnants will be cleansed. The heroes of yesterday become the villains of the future. I just don't have any faith that things will stabilize there long enough for them to be heroes for the rest of their lives.

hope he stays on the Iraqi's side

butthurt kike upset that US fags are stronger than his faggot army.

the only thing kikes can kill are poorly equipped sandniggers.

A bit of everything. The best military gear is able to achieve multiple goals at once.

lol stop acting up jewboy
i'm an israeli soldier and we do have better traind soldier but america got shitload of money to buy anything they need for thier army and israel is on a tight budget.
were actually still using old m16a1s that we got from america in 1973, and also reuse magazines.

Oy vey! What are you doing with the billions of dollars in military aid we give you each year?

Not just that, though you raise a good point. Look at the contouring of said masks. Their shape alone with fuck with projectile trajectory and therefore decrease force and increase protection. Those masks could have been anything, but it's clear they're very utilitarian for what they are.

honestly i have no idea like 80% of the israeli taxes money go to the army and i still get shitty food and low salary.

the extra 20% of taxes goes to relegios schlomos that have 200 children that will never serve the army because schlomos don't need an army "oy vey we survive because we pray all day and that's why you guys win at wars"
fucking cunts, thier asses survive because fucks like me eat shit all day

>the extra 20% of taxes goes to relegios schlomos that have 200 children that will never serve the army because schlomos don't need an army "oy vey we survive because we pray all day and that's why you guys win at wars"
Ironically, they are also the ones who will get you into those wars, because they believe that YHWH gave you Chosen People a bunch of land that now belongs to Jordan.

were actually in good standing with jordan, and by "good standing" i mean shit's not hitting the fan yet so it's chill

but yeah they are a fucking problem, thinking everyone that isn't praying to god all day long is lower then them.

one time when i wanted to pray next to my grandpas grave my uncle why is a schlomo told me that i shouldn't do that because my prayers aren't worth anything.
wanted to fuck him up there but didn't do it out of respect to my grandpa (which fought in the WW2 and ate pig and didnt gave a shit about god, claimed that once he came into a village and saw the entire village full with corpses with no heads he looked into the sky and told god to fuck off)

Well, you seem pretty chill, so good luck to you. Here's hoping you survive your enlistment.

war is cool! dead people is fun!

holy shit, user isn't fucken retarded

here's hoping for myself
i have a shitty commander and a soldier will never be a good one with a shitty commander.
someone from my squad just broke down today sat on the floor and started crying and lauginhg like a whacko, when i offerd him some water or help he just said "do you know where my pills are?" was really puzzled, he then ran away and first thing i did was go tell my commander that we should take care of him before hell do something stupid.
the response i got was "oh yeah yeah i know hes like that ill just talk to him later whenever ill find time"
such a fucking douch

US Marine here. Mad respect for Israeli armed forces. The lads I trained with were serious warfighters. I've heard that compulsory service means that some shitbags are in the mix, but that goes on everywhere. As for fags in the military. I served with some & would trust them with my life. Actually, I have trusted them with my life. If they're professional, dedicated, & serious fighters, they're ok by me.

it's cool to see some guys using ballistic masks in the actual field.

i don't think face protection would be worth handicapping your FoV though.
those guys are fighting a winning war though, you don't need to be as strict when you know you overpower, outgun and outman your enemy.

sounds cool, my older bro said they used to train with the navy seals sometimes, don't know if it's true but he told me they were really amazed that we get to use live bullets when training.
dont you amerifags get to shoot your guns in training?
being cocky is the first step to lose it all

Pretty sure they'd fuck with your marksmanship. A fucking stocking over the head would work better for covering your identity. You could draw scary faces on it with a sharpy if you don't think you look tough enough - Lol

We do live fire. Probably not as much as you guys. I'm surprised that seals would be surprised by live fire training, but maybe they were new.

imagine these guys were the enemy and you're some private held up in a building or some shit, and these guys roll up, mask and all, and assume fighting positions

I'd take out my katana, which is made of steel folded over a million times and can cut clean through their rifles and body armor, and singlehandedly wipe them out.

The Jews are jewing their own Jews. Ha!

das sum call o duty chits rit durr

new aged jews are nothing like the stereotypes that run around Sup Forums
but i can sure as hell promise you 90% of the relegious jews are just like they came from der sturmer
fucking ugly inbred fucks because they only fuck inside thier community rats and leeches that steal cheat and make the lives of people like me harder.

They can stop most 9mm rounds but the impact shatters your face but I guess it's better then being dead

What has Iran done wrong?
It's sunni Muslims that commit all of the terrorist acts, Iran is also a victim of these attacks. Iran doesn't invade anywhere and doesn't start wars so I don't understand your logic. The sunni extremists are sponsored and backed by Saudi Arabia, you know that country that the U.S has just made an over an 100 billion dollar arms deal with. Isis are all sunni extremists by the way. Both Isis and the Saudis want sharia law worldwide. So I don't understand why you would be against Iran.

but are they /k/ approved?

if a Special Forces unit doesnt pass /k/'s rigorious approval then they arent badass

>It's sunni Muslims that commit all of the terrorist acts
Nope.

brookings.edu/research/sunni-and-shi-a-terrorism-differences-that-matter/

Try living in a south american country with no police force and see how it goes

They're not.
They believe that if you have to better gear, that's all you need.

Doesn't mean shit if you can't use it proficiently.

he/she has boobs

liveleak.com/view?i=c0f_1423274455

the iraqi military is completely fucked by corruption, tribal loyalties, laziness, drug abuse, cowardice and incompetence.

they are fucking shit tier. all of the units that the US trained got handed over to their iraqi commanders who turn restructured them giving friends and family positions of authority and breaking up the units that had trained together under the us advisors.

the iraqi special forces are no exception to this. The only difference is the constant presence of US advisory forces operating with their units.The controlling hand is the only reason they ever have any successes.

the iraqi military literally take over US bases and then don't man the defenses and isis just walked or drove straight up to the compound and killed everyone.

the kurds have done way more for the country then the iraqis. It's fucking sad how fucked iraq is.

This my mate served in the ghan and went on patrols with the ana, they lick opium poppies as they went and shoot at shit that wasn't there. Said they were scary to be around for their incompetence.

arabs in general are shit at war.

the ANA is even worse then the iraqi military. The ANA mag dumps PKMs at nothing while standing in the open and walk around with loaded and primed RPGs while high as fuck on heroin

>us special forces
wew they must be real good

Now thats hc

ARKANOVI TIGROVI!!!!!!!!