Why do people become upset at the idea of electronic music?

why do people become upset at the idea of electronic music?
like is there something different about playing a midi controller instead of a piano?
How come no one complains about synths in rock music but complain when someone makes synth based trance music?

>How come no one complains about synths in rock music but complain when someone makes synth based trance music?-
ppl hate electronic music because it gives ppl the freedom to make tracks without having to pay some fucker to teach u how to play an instrument. its mostly from envy
electronic music is pure feel and imagination. rockists don't have it anymore which is why it peaked in the 70s

Nigger

It's not the instrumentation, it's the usual lack of vocals. One could easily argue that modern pop music is just electronic with someone singing on top. When "normies" hear music without vocals they lose their shit. I'll never understand it.

>Okay electronic song with vocals
"This is some good shit, user."
>Good electronic song without vocals
"Where are the words, user? This is too weird for me."

He's right to an extent.
Music should be about expression before talent.
But there's a dividing line between mass produced bullshit and genuine human expression, and electronic music is often plagued by the mass produced bullshit because of it's efficiency.

The first music I ever consciously listened to was electronic, despite me being only about 7 years old; Kraftwerk, Jean Michel Jarre, and Tangerine Dream all blew my fucking mind when I listened to them

And for some reason they don't like the repetitiveness of electronic music, but the music they listen to is repetitive too without the vocals.

Because people see it as a crutch or weak for not being able to play instruments.

Rockist are so retarded

the 'electric' guitar was equally criticized a few generations ago.

generations from now electronic music will be 100% normalized in society just like electric guitars.

why even waste the energy rockists?

You type like a woman.

When someone uses synth in rock music, that person is still performing live; there is real instrumentation occurring, human talent is being tapped into.
when you use a midi to produce music you are literally just using a computer. there skill required, only basic music theory knowledge. In fact, you don't even need so much theoretical understanding to just make electronic sounds with a beat.
Not to mention without someone's original instrumentation we would have never reached the level of electronic music we have today.

the real question is what instrument or genre will be criticized in the future??

will we be the "electronists"?

trap drums

>Not to mention without someone's original instrumentation we would have never reached the level of electronic music we have today.
not our fault they sold their talent for $$$

there's an awful lot of low-effort copy paste electronic music that feels like cheating to people with a traditional music education

kind of like knowing how to program a game engine vs. just using Unity or even RPG Maker

>electronic music is often plagued by the mass produced bullshit because of it's efficiency
For the most part it really isn't, not any more than other forms of music. It's just an easy thing to imagine it works that way because a lot of electronic artists prefer relative anonymity and deliberately cultivate a "manufactured" image. Also there's historically been no good way to perform it, so "live" performances were overwhelmingly just miming.

That's just the genre, though. Repetition or lack of vocals has nothing to do with the way it's made.

The funny thing is that often these criticisms were made against things that were actually played by hand.

perfect example of a substance-free fallacious argument

There's also a lot of territory opened up by electronic music that you won't necessarily understand or appreciate if you approach it from a purely traditional perspective. I think a lot of people don't get it because they assume it should follow the rules of pop songwriting when it's fundamentally something very different. The good stuff isn't low effort but that can easily be missed by people who don't know what to listen for.

Literally nobody is systematically shitting on electronic music, stop with this victim complex. You're the user that got super mad there isn't a big trance fanbase on this board, aren't you

there's nothing wrong with electronic music but there's definitely a different sound in a midi controller compared to a piano. synths in rock music are gay as fuck

probably AI Generated Musicians

>synths in rock music are gay as fuck
lol no

they're gay as fuck in Van Halen, but Van Halen were already gay as fuck

This, I can already see it, people complaining about "muh artistic value" and all that crap.

>midi can make music itself, it doesn't need someone with an ear an talent to make music out of it
That's what I read, fucking retard.

Depends, it's all about how well it blends with the other instruments, obviously 80s shit will be corny but a lot of artists can pull it off.

i become upset at the idea of electronics being used solely for repetitive 4/4 patterns over a synthpad

lmao @ you

plays a part for some people definitely, there's often not something for them to grab on to

this is the answer

there's a reason every time autotune comes up a normie will shake his head and talk about what a shame it is. the average person doesn't understand to what extent modern tools are used as crutches and what exactly "electronic" instruments can and can't do, and when somebody is actually doing something impressive with it vs playing some preset or lacks any skill

i don't hate it but i remember when listening to daft punk for the first time and being like "wow this guy is so good at piano" then i learned about arpegiators and all that bullshit, side changing and such and lost a lot of respect for electronic producers. sure they make good music, but they don't really impress me anymore.

underrated post.

I am selling one of those, if anyone's interested