ADD VIOLENCE

dude noise lmao

Good music to listen to. Reminded me of late Depeche Mode (especially Delta Machine). Last, long piece was hilarious.

>NOT ANYMOOOOOOOOOORE

As opposed to good music not to listen to?

Well, I don't know. Can't adapt to Radiohead. I like music to have some melody, not just moaning/guitar noise.

[VIOLENCE INTENSIFIES]

>ARE YOU LESS THAN
what did he mean by this?

Statement on the present state of human psyche.

wtf i love noise now

ADD EDGE

>DUDE VIOLENCE LMAO
did he finally realize that nobody cares about his music except for edgy kids and manchildren?

>less than
Why even put it on the album?

better stick to animal collective you fucking cool hip kid xDDD

I'm enjoying it, but I wonder what it and the last EP are dealing with in terms of meaning and concepts?

Bleedthrough, the TRCU.

What does that even mean?

EPOTY

>I don't even realize it's apart of the Year Zero story arc and there is an active ARG: the post

That's gotta go to Steroids, from Death Grips, in my book, so far.
Maybe Trent's third EP will be even better. I think I liked NTAE more than this one, tho.

Trent Reznor Cinematic Universe? Bleedthrough was the concept album Reznor scrapped to make With Teeth, there are some similarities to the new material and With Teeth so people are guessing it's at least partially based on songs written for Bleedthrough. I don't buy it but it's a cool idea
a megamix is not an EP

The ending of The Background World might be one of my favorite NIN moments of all time

Can't wait to see them at Aftershock

shaping up to my favourite release of the year so far

the Bleedthrough concept itself, rather than scrapped/reworked material from over a decade ago.

>The initial concept of the album was an exploration of “loss and possible discovery of self, along with alternate layers of reality and perception set inside a nightmare you can't seem to wake up from; with lots of feedback”.

>different layers of reality seeping into the next

that kind of thing, and the Year Zero world is probably one of those alternate realities.

nigga went full william basinski

Radiohead is very melodic. Especially OK Computer - that album is just pure melody all the way through.

why do I need to realize that
I dont care about his shit music that much to know about ARGs

I really like it

tracks 2-5 are the best nin in awhile

>doesn't address the moaning

what i take from these EPs is that self development (religion, self awareness, self discipline, etc) is dying out and is being replaced by technology and other forms of self deception ("everyone is asleep"). and this will bring about the end of the world or maybe the year zero world or something. it's a call to for us to "focus" and "wake up" and find true selves or maybe to find god or whatever and reevaluate why we do what we do.

aka "turn off your fucking iphone"

I think this is pretty close to the mark... Less Than is more or less the state of news media and sponsored content today, The Lovers is a guy finding belonging in the delusion and committing to it, Not Anymore is the erosion of individuality as the guy is jerked around in the information overload, and the Background World is the guy's ultimate, violent decay into yet another /r9k/ shit poster.

NTAE seems to go in the exact opposite direction, with the guy realizing the delusion in The Idea of You and becoming a Spook-busting übermensch in Burning Bright.

"Waking up" seems good, if a little melancholic in Dear World, but tragic in The Lovers.

>When the guitars really open up on Less Than

Jesus it's so straightforward but so amazing.

Trent's a master of restraint imho.

>tfw watching the new live performance and accidentally scroll down in the comment section to find someone attention whoring by saying "Remember when Robin Finck was allowed to play guitar?"

No wonder why Reznor is quick to shit talk his '''fans'''.

That and when your fans beg you to essentially destroy yourself all over again so they can have another TDS.