Now that the dust has settled

Was Childs assimilated in the end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lO9x6V3mHeg&ab_channel=HeatPursuitX
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm pretty certain he was due to the clothing evidence/commentary track by Kurt Russell.

Maybe the message is that we're all, like, assimilated, man.

GODDAMN IT I DON'T FUCKIN CARE FOR LIKE 30 YEARS YOU FUCKS HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS SHIT I DON'T CARE I DON'T GIVE A SINGLE SHIT IF HE WAS INFECTED OR NOT

jesus fuck who gives a shit

No

Why does this movie Russel so many people?

Carpenter said he wasn't. /thread

I rewatched it yesterday and I'm a 100% sure now

can go both ways

Better question for everyone here, what was the point of the scene with Snake Plisken pouring his drink into the computer?

Some have told me that the scene with Childs is supposed to mirror it, but I'm not sure I understand the message the filmmakers were trying to tell with it

I prefer to think he wasn't, and that MacReady thinks he is. Adds to the themes of pananoia and all.

That he got around the game by "cheating." Also the drink at the end might have not been a drink humans could imbibe later etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=lO9x6V3mHeg&ab_channel=HeatPursuitX

This video game is the sequel to the film. In it MacReady appears near the end. He says he was at outpost 131. He's assimilated. The real MacReady would know that he was at 31, not 131. This implies that either MacReady is assimilated by the end of The Thing, or that MacReady becomes assimilated after the events of the movie. If he's assimilated after, we can assume that Childs was in fact infected.

Technically humans can't imbibe alcohol

so everyone was the thing the whole time?

If he is, Snake is fucked
Is he isnĀ“t, then the Thing got away (he saw it running)

In the end, it doesn't even matter.

How is snake fucked? The screenplay specifically says he's sitting on his flamethrower

The whole ending sequence states that they'll just "sit and wait for a while".
Snek will probably freeze to death, which is exactly what the thing wants because it'll just thaw again later.

How did Fuchs die?

Does Sup Forums always have these threads or did I just walk in at the best time?

Flare, maybe he tried to burn it

>Sup Forums is 30 years old

It's because he saw the Tab key and assumed that the computer was thirsty for a refreshing cola beverage

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up for me